4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

NSman

Sep 20, 2019
I don't know why my brain didn't understand it that way, but you're right.

My bad.
Yeah yeah, good game great game even but only one small problem. It doesn't even open up. Seriously I've redownloaded the rpgmaker files from the readme and it still gives me an error saying there's no audio folder. If there's a fix its not in a convenient place.
Get the RPG maker VX ace RTP

After you have downloaded and installed this file download this

this should be an earlier version of Monster Girl Encyclopedia

Makee a seperate folder for the new files. and run the exe file you got and before you ask no it doesn't require internet. When you run said exe file you will see an icon with 3 dots kind of like this ...
This will allow you to choose the file it goes to.
Once the files are in the folder you made go to the folder labeled Audio. Once you have entered that folder you will see 3 folders labeled
BGM (Background Music)
BGS (Background Sounds)
SE (Sound Effects)

You will find these folders in the file you originally downloaded in the same place. transfer the files in BGM and SE to the game's BGM and SE folders you originally downloaded. If you downloaded the RTP and installed it you should see that the game exe looks like a red dragon head double click and it should work if not then sorry I couldn't help. I need more info that it doesn't work to do massive changes.

Reactions: Wolf Says Hi

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Devs a fucking idiot.
Wow, it's almost like the dev is a japanese person making a japanese game that is only made by them so the files of the game are OBVIOUSLY gonna be in english.
Literally just fucking open it with what you use, find name encoding (ctrl + e on winrar), click the japanese option, and wow, it magically works!

Reactions: Spetzghast

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Also, I'm not doing that, that can fuck up a fair few programs. Devs a fucking idiot.

Dev is japanese, makes a game in.... <_<.... >_> japanese unicode then takes that version, translates it into english (assuming this since most japanese devs do this, especially with ALPHA games), but japanese unicode remains, but yes dev is an idiot, because this isn't a common thing japanese devs do.

Also there totally isn't a whole section in tools and tutorials on this exact subject that many people fail to use said tool in said section/other useful tools: [Tutorial] How To Run Japanese Games On Windows | F95zone even has oh my god you wouldn't believe it other alternatives besides turning your system locale to japanese, specifically this wonderful tool I use all the time called locale emulator.

I'll give you and others one for free too as it's been said several times in multiple threads of japanese games, including this one.

Because they're run in japanese unicode you have to:

A. turn your system locale unicode to japanese (restart your computer), and extract with winrar, or w/e else extractor.

B. You can do the easier option, download bandizip (another zip file extractor program), go to extraction settings, and change the default code page to Japanese, then you can just extract japanese zip files like you would with english ones, and you don't have to change your system locale, sometimes you still have to use locale emulator and run with japanese even after extracting in japanese code page with bandizip.

Alot of this I learned from just lurking on forums and finding helpful guides on search engines.

I have 2 zip file extractors: 7 zip for everyday extracting of zip files (english), and Bandizip for japanese games

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaftein

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
> Japanese dev makes game in Jap encoding for a Jap audience
> Westerner decide to pirate said game and whines when it doesn't work natively on western system.

0 IQ response: "Foreign dev is an idiot for not making a game in MY language and I'm too lazy to find out why or how to fix it! QQ"

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
> Japanese dev makes game in Jap encoding for a Jap audience
> Westerner decide to pirate said game and whines when it doesn't work natively on western system.

0 IQ response: "Foreign dev is an idiot for not making a game in MY language and I'm too lazy to find out why or how to fix it! QQ"
The game is not made for japanese only. He extra made a patreon where over 90% of the funds go into translating the game so westerns can have it too.

TLDN Dev made patreon for english translation.

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
The game is not made for japanese only. He extra made a patreon where over 90% of the funds go into translating the game so westerns can have it too.

TLDN Dev made patreon for english translation.
That really doesn't change anything about a Japanese dev making their games in Japanese encoding because that's what's available to them. The patreon is only for a translation, not reprograming of the game's code.

It really is 0 IQ to bitch and moan about a program being made with a dev's native systems not working on foreign systems without effort on the pirate's own part. I don't care if the game is pirated but at least have the cojones to admit it's your own problem if you're too lazy to put that effort in to get it to work yourself.

Reactions: Kaftein

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
That really doesn't change anything about a Japanese dev making their games in Japanese encoding because that's what's available to them. The patreon is only for a translation, not reprograming of the game's code.

It really is 0 IQ to bitch and moan about a program being made with a dev's native systems not working on foreign systems without effort on the pirate's own part. I don't care if the game is pirated but at least have the cojones to admit it's your own problem if you're too lazy to put that effort in to get it to work yourself.

That's not possible for quite a bit of them on this site, they want everything spoon fed to them (the usual excuse is it's the community being helpful and people should help one another), and unfortunately people help them and they don't do any work or research themselves BEFORE asking for help.

There's so many tools nowadays then what I had back when we were just getting any helpful tool/s at all to help even run japanese games in the first place.

And yep, that's why this game and many others don't run properly on ENGLISH computers/systems, they're made to run on JAPANESE computers/systems because they're made with japanese unicode, and while it is translated, it's still not made to play 100% properly on english systems. Other games will run just fine because they're made to run on english systems, this isn't one of them just yet, especially because it's in Alpha/Beta.

KingBagel

Oct 4, 2017
iirc it triggered because Imp's lust was high so when you went to sleep/slept with anyone she would reduce her own lust

manmaru39

Feb 25, 2021
S

So not yet implement to the cat ? Right?
That feature has been implemented from the beginning, and it's implemented in the cat, too.
If you have a lot of sex in a room with a cat, the cat's libido will drop and that event will not occur.
If you have a lot of sex with an imp, conversely, the cat's event will occur and the imp's event will not occur as often.
And I think it happens when you eat food together.

ABDLfan

Mar 11, 2020
That feature has been implemented from the beginning, and it's implemented in the cat, too.
If you have a lot of sex in a room with a cat, the cat's libido will drop and that event will not occur.
If you have a lot of sex with an imp, conversely, the cat's event will occur and the imp's event will not occur as often.
And I think it happens when you eat food together.
Really? So any advise how to have the cat's event?

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes