4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

Elexion

Aug 14, 2017
Or Corrupted Kingdoms, where you get everything paying user get of ingame content well just 3 days later each week.

But back MGE, is any veteran being able to explain why the Catgirl is talking about Toms and Mollies? Is this some kind of cultural reference lost in translation or is this mentioned somewhere before. Because I am somewhat confused why she is referring her as a Molly and me as a Tom.
Male cats are sometimes referred to as Toms and Female cats are sometimes called Mollys. I'm not entirely sure why though probably from someone garbling a Latin term

• Wow
Reactions: Konstantinus
Dec 3, 2017
But back MGE, is any veteran being able to explain why the Catgirl is talking about Toms and Mollies? Is this some kind of cultural reference lost in translation or is this mentioned somewhere before. Because I am somewhat confused why she is referring her as a Molly and me as a Tom.

Those are just cat terms I believe. If you've ever heard the term "tomcat" or just "toms," it's referring to a male cat. Likewise, a "Molly" is the term for a female cat.

EDIT: Just noticed Elexion posted the same thing above me, d'oh

Reactions: Big_Daddy_H

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Those are just cat terms I believe. If you've ever heard the term "tomcat" or just "toms," it's referring to a male cat. Likewise, a "Molly" is the term for a female cat.

EDIT: Just noticed Elexion posted the same thing above me, d'oh
No actually never. The german translation for Cat is Katze and actually only meaining a female cat. The german word for a male cat is Kater. It is actually one of the few animal words with a female Genus for the whole species.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Because he somewaht asked if I ever heard the term tomcat which I denied because in german - my native language if you can see from my sig - is not using the terms.
Dude he said if you've heard of the words tomcat. If.
No one's bringing up German. We're speaking english.
Tom and Molly come from relatively old english colloquism where people referred to male and female cats as Toms and Mollies respectively.

Dec 3, 2017
Dude he said if you've heard of the words tomcat. If.
No one's bringing up German. We're speaking english.
Tom and Molly come from relatively old english colloquism where people referred to male and female cats as Toms and Mollies respectively.

Hey man, no need to get so unnecessarily hostile to the guy. Like you said, I asked if he'd heard the terms before. He said he hadn't, and then explained how Cat is translated into German, implying that his first language being German is why he hadn't heard the term before. That's it. You don't need to act like him bringing up German is suddenly going to turn this thread into some sort of "German's only" place meant to exclude English speakers lmao

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Hey man, no need to get so unnecessarily hostile to the guy. Like you said, I asked if he'd heard the terms before. He said he hadn't, and then explained how Cat is translated into German, implying that his first language being German is why he hadn't heard the term before. That's it. You don't need to act like him bringing up German is suddenly going to turn this thread into some sort of "German's only" place meant to exclude English speakers lmao
I don't know why my brain didn't understand it that way, but you're right.

My bad.

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
of curse, so many patreon games get done and don't stay v0.x forever:ROFLMAO:
and i say their first intention is to get free money:sneaky:
putting updates behind a paywall is also not part of free development:rolleyes:
that's just selling a demo or "early access":cautious:

there are very few patreon devs on this site who don't just want free money, such as:
ThresholdMGD-sensei https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-dreams-alpha-v23-7a-threshold.6491/
As a frequent follower and supporter of Thresh I can attest to his legitimacy as a dev. He actually DOES work hard on the game as you'll see from his Dev section on his Discord. Lately it has been a focus on a CG update which should be sometime this month, and he's already planning on the next big super update soon which hopefully will be out by the end of the summer.

Vignum

Jul 6, 2017
Some sketches from his Patreon
1622913156067.png
Rough sketches for supporters only
And here are some additional rough sketches!
Here are Mimic and Satyuros!
Satyuros from the Monster Girl Encyclopedia volume 2 is a relatively new monster girl, so I had her appear in her original outfit.
Mimic, on the other hand, has a new look!
We've got a lot to talk about, from Satyuros' bedroom conversation techniques that make men fall in love with her and get her drunk.
There's also a treasure chest with a different design for Mimic that's filled with various H gimmicks, so we're working hard to make sure you get to experience the kind of H that these girls are known for.

Apr 3, 2020
No, not really. In this game, or at least in the early version that was released, the only "combat" that happens has both the player and "enemy" character use sexual techniques. So far the focus seems to be on building relationships with your wives, instead of saving the world, this also means that you will be able to have large amounts of consensual sex with the girls. The girls in this game will not kill you (and I don't expect KC to add any that will later).

NSman

Sep 20, 2019
Is this the monster girl quest rpg or something entirely new
No, this is separate from Monster Girl Quest. While similar the monster girls in Monster Girl Quest usually kill their victims. The monster girls in Monster Girl Encyclopedia almost always want a husband. In short the monsters in Monster Girl Encyclopedia are tamer than the Monster Girl Quest variants. Also I am pretty sure there is zero vore. Take the Lamia for example. I will provide links for both variants.

Monster Girl Quest Lamia

Monster Girl Encyclopedia Lamia

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
Yeah yeah, good game great game even but only one small problem. It doesn't even open up. Seriously I've redownloaded the rpgmaker files from the readme and it still gives me an error saying there's no audio folder. If there's a fix its not in a convenient place.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Yeah yeah, good game great game even but only one small problem. It doesn't even open up. Seriously I've redownloaded the rpgmaker files from the readme and it still gives me an error saying there's no audio folder. If there's a fix its not in a convenient place.
There is a fix, it's literally in this thread at least three or four times over by now.
You extract the game in japanese encoding, that or have your system locale set to japanese. Literally as easy as that.

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
There is a fix, it's literally in this thread at least three or four times over by now.
You extract the game in japanese encoding, that or have your system locale set to japanese. Literally as easy as that.
Cool. Its not in a convenient place.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes