4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
I have and this is sad, not to mention hypocritical. the MGE community is one of the best communities I have ever found on the internet. In addition to being an inconvinience to communities like ours, it will also likely lead to Fandom.Wiki Tumbr-ing themselves.

Read what you posted and I know MGE will make her into something warm and semi-wholesome.

As for Dragons though, I do consider them fire monsters.

Yeah, the worst hypocrisy is they say it's sexual stuff, but 50 shades of grey is still up, and that series is pure sexual lol. It's all because the new people that bought them out, and the advertisers want to make it more "family friendly", which as you said is going to cause them to lose tons of traffic eventually, people will find alternatives for this kind of stuff.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
it will also likely lead to Fandom.Wiki Tumbr-ing themselves.
Tumblr really became irrelevant w/o the adult stuff hunh. You mentioning it now is the first time I heard about it in ages... like seriously. And I remember when it was a super big deal.
Fandom is much smaller than what Tumblr used to be, and I basically only ever get on fandom pages from googling characters from shows. The exception being MGE of course, where I'd peruse and read new translated stuff all the time.

Those comments were great.

Read what you posted and I know MGE will make her into something warm and semi-wholesome.

As for Dragons though, I do consider them fire monsters.
Dragon's don't live in Volcanic regions, and their main thing is that they're sturdy. They don't have any weakness to water either and can live underwater. I don't know... to me that's like calling Gremlin a lightning monster just cause it uses electricity.

You wouldn't find Ignis, Lava Golem, or Hellhound near a sea-side city.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Yeah, the worst hypocrisy is they say it's sexual stuff, but 50 shades of grey is still up, and that series is pure sexual lol. It's all because the new people that bought them out, and the advertisers want to make it more "family friendly", which as you said is going to cause them to lose tons of traffic eventually, people will find alternatives for this kind of stuff.
I hate what appeasement to advertisers has done to online communities. It's gotten the owners begging them for patronage instead of them begging to push their products. What's more are how so many of our favorite content creators refuse to call out this nonsense and sometimes even include native advertising into their content (Looking at you DeathBattle).

This is why I am even more adamant about using adblock plus and encourage others to do the same.

Tumblr really became irrelevant w/o the adult stuff hunh. You mentioning it now is the first time I heard about it in ages... like seriously. And I remember when it was a super big deal.
Fandom is much smaller than what Tumblr used to be, and I basically only ever get on fandom pages from googling characters from shows. The exception being MGE of course, where I'd peruse and read new translated stuff all the time.

Those comments were great.

Dragon's don't live in Volcanic regions, and their main thing is that they're sturdy. They don't have any weakness to water either and can live underwater. I don't know... to me that's like calling Gremlin a lightning monster just cause it uses electricity.

You wouldn't find Ignis, Lava Golem, or Hellhound near a sea-side city.

I only used Tumblr a few times so I was happy to see that toxic culture get shut down. And yes, the sole reason I used Tumblr at ALL was for it's h content. I can't see why else would put up with that site's toxic culture. As for the MGE Fandom, I think the best parts were the easy access to translations and the interactions in the comment sections. Over the years those conversations have grown into a vibrant community and created lasting friendships.

When it comes to dragons, the base variety are fire but they have variations in species that are adapted differently. Think of it like Darwin's Finches but if they are bigger, scaly and came with powerful claws. I would imagine that above all else, dragons are adaptable. I mean, for example, being able to live underwater would be very advantageous for a dragon that lives near trade routes while preventing it's treasure from being raided. This way everytime traders get wise to their being a dragon hunting people in one place, it could set up in another without having to guard all of it's treasure.

Fire Dragons on the other hand I see as an adaptation to other large predarors. They usually prioritize large size, powerful nails and firebreathing to slay other creatures. I could see them being carnivores prioritizing killing power over the ability to obtain treasure. I could see their stategy being to overpower other dragons for their hoards while young and then using the combined treasure to lure in prey. At this time the dragon would be more sedetary with a lower metabilism thus, able to sustain itself solely off of adventurers.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
When it comes to dragons, the base variety are fire but they have variations in species that are adapted differently. Think of it like Darwin's Finches but if they are bigger, scaly and came with powerful claws.
I'm just saying I don't see dragons as fire monsters. They don't have a natural affinity for heat, don't live near volcanic regions, just general mountainous ones, and don't have issues swimming or being around water in general.

In my opinion monsters like Salamander, Ignis, Lava Golem, and Hellhound who specifically enjoy being in hot weather and don't like water or cool regions fit the definition of fire monster. Their personalities are also fiery.

Dragon's personality is condescending and aloof.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
The Monster Girl Encyclopedia Page is still online... For now.

Best Monster Girl imo:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Closed. That didn't take long.
I checked back a few times and it appears they closed the wiki no earlier than evening of the 14th. Kudos for a little extra time but they still shouldn't have closed the wiki in the first place. This sets a very bad precedent that I hope doesn't continue to spread.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
^
How do people even come up with this stuff?

Because they're super impatient, and can't find other things to do. The game that is "dead" seems to apparently in their minds be the only game in existence and they can't do what normal smart people do and do other things while waiting.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes