4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

Tentfulle

Jan 4, 2019
It's more likely that regular harpy gets in, and black harpy doesn't because she'd overlap too much with regular harpy in design and concept.
Didn't Kenko say in Production Diary 5 that he wants to eventually add in all the monster girls that he made/will make? But what do I know, I'm a clown now.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawoodi

horace18

Sep 7, 2017
Didn't Kenko say in Production Diary 5 that he wants to eventually add in all the monster girls that he made/will make? But what do I know, I'm a clown now.
He WANTS it but he(probably) can't do it,unless he plan to launch the game in 2027 or something

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
Well, sounds to me like poor Kenko has a choice to make how he wants to design the game, either each monster gets their own questline like the imp and werecat in the Demo. which means it's gonna take ages to make progress, or some of the monsters have to be downgraded to a roaming encounter or something like that with less story and interactions.

i'd prefer it if the monsters included get their own questline, i rather have each included monster fleshed out than have dozens of them but less dialouge that would help to get to know them. oh and not to forget certain scenes contain special dialouge if certain Monster Girls are with you at the moment.

sounds like a ton of work for Kenko if he really wants to add every monster. i'd love it if it happens, but i prefer quality over quantity.

Reactions: rhdad

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Not exactly. He said he wants to appeal to as many fans as possible, but a scenario where not all of them are in is possible.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
He WANTS it but he(probably) can't do it,unless he plan to launch the game in 2027 or something
For real.

Even I want Hellhound and Ocelomeh to get in, but I'm pretty sure he'll do the base girls first before doing any subclasses, and even then by the time he gets to subclasses he might burn out on the game.

Sep 1, 2018
Just looking at the development of Monster Girl Quest! Paradox RPG, especially the delays for its final and biggest part, should show how hard it is to make a game with hundreds of characters. And a quick look at the wiki indicates that MGE has over 200 monster girls already. It's possible, but Torotoro Resistance manages MGQ by outsourcing the art (more recently, outsourcing other tasks as well) whereas Kenkou Cross is acting as the sole artist for his game. MGE RPG will have to have a limited character roster by necessity.

HM108

May 2, 2019
Just looking at the development of Monster Girl Quest! Paradox RPG, especially the delays for its final and biggest part, should show how hard it is to make a game with hundreds of characters. And a quick look at the wiki indicates that MGE has over 200 monster girls already. It's possible, but Torotoro Resistance manages MGQ by outsourcing the art (more recently, outsourcing other tasks as well) whereas Kenkou Cross is acting as the sole artist for his game. MGE RPG will have to have a limited character roster by necessity.
i dont think drawing mamono with their scene is the big problem. even kenkou himself said that in recent post on patreon (Production Diary 009) that the cg is done on some monster for the update but the dialog is still on progress and need more time.

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
I've been thinking...

i think in terms of progression, the game is gonna toss the "weaker" monstergirls at us first, before moving up to "stronger" monsters, i mean monsters like imps or werecats aren't exactly known for making whole armies fall head over heels for them. and our "main goal" appears to be reaching the white succubus/Lillim who are said to be quite powerful beings

when a user on patreon said that their favorite monster is the Baphomet, Kenko said, and i quote: "Thank you! Baphomet is a very strong race, so it will be a bit later, but we'll do our best to get them in the works as soon as possible! ありがとうございます! バフォメットはとても強い種族なので、登場は少し後になりますが、なるべく早く登場させられる様に頑張って制作します!"
depending on how we interpret that sentence, kenko wants to add them as soon as possible but later, the question thus being, are they added around end-game later, or later in development.

either way i won't count out any sub-species yet, and besides, our main goal is one of the strongest monsters in the lore, and right now our hero is busy with entertaining an Imp and a Werecat. so we gotta romance at least a handful of monsters close to her powerlevel to have a good explanation why our character manages to make the monsters adore us and not the other way around and end up as the newest happy husband captive of a monster-Girl.

Reactions: Boldano

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I've been thinking...

i think in terms of progression, the game is gonna toss the "weaker" monstergirls at us first, before moving up to "stronger" monsters, i mean monsters like imps or werecats aren't exactly known for making whole armies fall head over heels for them. and our "main goal" appears to be reaching the white succubus/Lillim who are said to be quite powerful beings

when a user on patreon said that their favorite monster is the Baphomet, Kenko said, and i quote: "Thank you! Baphomet is a very strong race, so it will be a bit later, but we'll do our best to get them in the works as soon as possible! ありがとうございます! バフォメットはとても強い種族なので、登場は少し後になりますが、なるべく早く登場させられる様に頑張って制作します!"
depending on how we interpret that sentence, kenko wants to add them as soon as possible but later, the question thus being, are they added around end-game later, or later in development.

either way i won't count out any sub-species yet, and besides, our main goal is one of the strongest monsters in the lore, and right now our hero is busy with entertaining an Imp and a Werecat. so we gotta romance at least a handful of monsters close to her powerlevel to have a good explanation why our character manages to make the monsters adore us and not the other way around and end up as the newest happy husband captive of a monster-Girl.
Why does power even matter?

You think there'll be normal fights?

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah, this. If he actually tries to add all of them, he might be working on this game for 10, 15, or even 20 years. He'll have to cut somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if very similar/redundant ones get cut. Like between Goblin and Hobgoblin, he might choose to include only Goblin.

It's almost a guarantee that the resource-intensive ones won't be in. Doppelganger is probably #1 on the priority list of which ones to cut. The transformation thing could potentially add an absurd number of extra resources just for this one monster. I have no doubt Doppelganger won't be in it. Which is unfortunate for me since Doppelganger is my true favorite.

At least all my other favorites like Weresheep, Holstaurus, and.... literally goddamn any of the ones from The Sabbath are pretty damn popular and almost certain to get in. Hell, Weresheep, Holstaurus and Baphomet are like the 3 poster-girls of MGE. Baphomet's even the one KC uses as his avatar everywhere he goes. Those three will totally be in. Kiiinda like Hellhound, but that one's more a "Don't waifu, just fuck." for me.

Don't have lonely Doppelganger Loli to pamper, but at least I'll have those other 4.

Reactions: Minishotgun

M1918_BAR

Jan 30, 2019
*screams internally in that this exact fucking thing has been posted in this thread so many times and so has the problem please for the love of god use the search feature*
they really need to update the installation guide to prevent that kind of posts

M1918_BAR

Jan 30, 2019
Interestingly I can't even get the game to work. lol View attachment 1933809
let me help you cuz i have soo much free time.

1658275928145.png
did you use the Japanese name encoding when extracting the game files?
because the game files use Japanese characters when extracting using the normal encoding the text can get fucked up causing the game to not find the appropriate files for the game to run.

Zynthox

Nov 21, 2019
let me help you cuz i have soo much free time.

View attachment 1934708
did you use the Japanese name encoding when extracting the game files?
because the game files use Japanese characters when extracting using the normal encoding the text can get fucked up causing the game to not find the appropriate files for the game to run.
no lie i didn't even know i was supposed to i even checked all the installation things too, anyways, thanks.

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
good to see that issue got solved.

on the subject which monsters might make the cut, if we simplify the issue, i see it like this, right now the 3 big pillars are Art, Coding, and Text.

while a good picture does take time, for now it appears we only need for each monster girl around a handful pictures; a portrait, and the sexual ones during intercourse. plus a few portrait variations of different emotions.

then comes the coding, which is quite a headache for anyone, and with all the sidequests that'll probably be there, plus making sure that characters change positions and move around correctly during cutscenes is one of the bigger hurdles.

the biggest thing will be the text. if we want to understand the world more, we need tons of text, plus the dialogue of all those npcs and the optional dialogue some may never even see, like special dialogue only happening when we have certain monster girls with us. adding to the fact that not every monster is speaking clearly and have their accent represented in their text, an added difficulty.

next will the the progression, as far as i understood it, in the full game a game-over / bad end happens when we fall in love with the monster, instead of the monster falling in love with us first, and if i read the various entries correctly, some of them are better at making you fall in love with them than others. from this standpoint it makes sense that our first monsters are werecats and imps and other basic monstergirls. and since we seek to find the white succubus. obviously we need a handful of other powerful roadblocks that try to make us fall in love with them. and maybe we need to be smart then and use every trick we have to make sure they fall for us first, like using those prisoner fruits.

so, in this simplified manner, it appears that the question of which monsters will appear relies on the following things, does kenko has the energy for making the art, coding and text, and if its a fitting challenge depending on the area we find ourselves in. i mean i very much doubt we are gonna "battle" a half-succubus around end-game its more likely that our end-game challenges will be monsters like Arch-imps, Baphomets and the like.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
Alright, i went over Kenko's Patreon again and checked his diaries about the progress for the RPG plus went trough the demo again.

let's talk about kenko's development process first, from what i could gather, the next version of the RPG had to be delayed, drawing the pictures of the various monsters isn't a huge problem, and they are nearly done with that part. but the Text and dialouge is what they are struggling with. doesn't surprise me really, writing that much text is taxing.

in other post he talks and shows drafts of various Monstergirls which i assume are monsters he hopes to include in the game, among them are: Ghost, Trumpart, Beelzebub, Mimic, Werewolf, and Satyros.

there are also certain things he said he wanted to add to the RPG down the line, things like: An item catalog (so you have detailed explanations of the various stuff you find) Normal Combat (probably against wild animals or those Nutjobs from the Order, which also serves as another way to level up your Monster Girls) and a Cooking system (with a catalog to read about the ingredients and dishes you found and eaten)

also played the demo again and checked out what happens when you fail to fill a monsters love meter before you do, once the scene is over you get 2 choices, either try again, or give up, upon which a cutscene will play what happened to you before waking up in your home. dunno if this will be changed to a "return to title" in the full game, but i prefer it like this, just right back into the action, giving you time to better prepare for it.

Edit: Part 2 since i don't want to make a new post each time i have something new to say. anyways, i've been thinking about the "normal Combat" part and then it hit me, if kenko manages to add normal battles, that immediatly implies the inclusion of monsters like the Lizardman, Salamander and Ogre since all 3 of them seek their husband by their fighting-ability, it also implies that stronger Monstergirls to join our harem would appear much later in the story, i mean who do you think would win a arm-wrestling match? a werecat or a hellhound? also i hope i get to see at least one NPC or something running anywhere, followed by a lizard going "You best me in battle, now marry me damnit!" or even better, a salamander loudly declaring how sexy their soon-to-be husband is while running after that guy.

otherwise, considering the sprites in-game, i'm pretty sure we will also get a succubus, wererabbit and that tanuki soon enough, their sprites are already in the game, all they need is a portrait and sex-scenes and done. disregarding the tons of text that will be needed in such an event. and speaking of sex-scenes, when i played the demo again, the imp did something that didn't happen the first time i "fought" her, she charmed me and my character acted on his own, so if kenko wants to add a bit of challenge to the game, that cooking feature should be put to good use to make sure our character is capable of resisting the alluring nature of all those lovely monster, at least long enough to get her love meter to 100 before we do.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 15 Votes