4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I'll just leave this here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I said something similar to this in the thread in the past but I think the biggest issue with KC's stuff is that they want people to approach their stuff from the perspective of it being a fetish work but it's also trying to be framed in a more serious way where that contradicts a fetish work style reading of it. Like the Fallen Maiden stuff is a good example of this, like you're meant to view it as them becoming "their true selves". But if you aren't approaching that from the perspective of a fetish work then it becomes increasingly hard to not read it as some degree of brainwashing and I feel like that could've been alleviated at least a bit by just using a better framing device and making it so their transformation wasn't due to being pumped full of mana and instead something like their desire for the self-insert reaching a tipping point and reaching some sort of revaluation about their true nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: winkwinks

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
User reviews on any platform have always been subjective. Telling someone that the opinion they are giving on something based on their expectations is a bit silly, bud.
I agree with this. Whether the review is positive or negative, or based on bad foundations doesn't matter. Reviews have always been opinions. Not every opinion is well made.

asks themselves if it could be more grimdark and edgy, and then proceeds to put pen to paper not as a joke, but as a serious project
Not even slightly.

It's probably the brightest world ever.
MGQ is grimdark. Monster girls eat each other and humans. Humans are constantly warring and killing monster girls. The angels like this violent status quo and kill people who fight for peace.

MGE on the other hand? Monster Girls are lovestruck idiots who dream of husbands.
The most extreme aspects of the plot are the radicalist like Druella.
And even then, they're honestly not that bad.

The reason monsters don't invade and take over humanity in the setting of MGE is because monster girls cannot give birth to human men, only more monster girls. Monster Girls need human civilization to prosper in order for them to birth human men at the moment. The demon lord is currently making grand magic that can resolve that issue and let monster girls give birth to human men or at least incubus.

Druella however is a radical. Human kingdoms have poverty. They have suffering. They're under a strong religious boot that doesn't let them be sexually honest or chase after their desires. If you're an incubus you're powerful and no longer need food. You can make your own house. Your monster girl wife can support you. If you monsterize as a girl, you're powerful and don't need to hold back to get what you want. Even though Druella's mom isn't done with her grand magic she wants to turn human kingdoms into monster controlled nations. That's what makes her radical.

Honestly? Not that bad. It's stupid. It's shortsighted. But it's also not bad. This isn't grimdark.
I personally played the demo and found nothing that other games simply didn't do better. Lust Grimm does the lust meter better. MGQ:p and Shrift do the waifu sim better. The BF mechanics are, again, a staple for 62studio and thus done better.
No way in heck is this your real opinion. Hell even the Waifu sim aspects are worse in the other ones.
Can you just randomly kiss your girl while walking around?
Can you just randomly get a quickie while exploring?
Does watching other monster girls get frisky make your girl get jealous and want to hop on that dick?

The answer to all of that is no, because MGERPG has a framework for better romance than those games.

You think that boring combat of 62studios games matches the intent and direction of MGERPG? No this game shows MUCH more personality per girl than 62studios games. Not only is there a ton of text per girl but they react differently based on your actions and have skills that are emblematic of their personalities.

tablefliper

Aug 1, 2019
I said something similar to this in the thread in the past but I think the biggest issue with KC's stuff is that they want people to approach their stuff from the perspective of it being a fetish work but it's also trying to be framed in a more serious way where that contradicts a fetish work style reading of it. Like the Fallen Maiden stuff is a good example of this, like you're meant to view it as them becoming "their true selves". But if you aren't approaching that from the perspective of a fetish work then it becomes increasingly hard to not read it as some degree of brainwashing and I feel like that could've been alleviated at least a bit by just using a better framing device and making it so their transformation wasn't due to being pumped full of mana and instead something like their desire for the self-insert reaching a tipping point and reaching some sort of revaluation about their true nature.
Yeah I can see what your saying however at least when it comes to human women, it's not like they're actively being hunted by monsters. Most monsters monsterize women as a favor and if I recall correctly, only the extremist/progressive faction actively goes after women.

Also, there are cases where women monsterize pretty much on their own like Dark mages and undead rising in places of low mamono mana (basically ambient mana). Mamono mana is still a bit involved but it's not being forced on them. Yeah a person could wander into a mamono realm and monsterize but they'd be able to tell if they were in a place with high concentration of mana and avoid it. What I'm getting at is that in most cases of monsterization not involving the extremists faction, there seems to be a willingness to become a monster. And even in cases of accidental or forced monsterization, strong underlying emotions or intentions related to romance or lust (which all humans have at least some of) are a strong catalyst for mamono mana. This is supported by this from the sabbath grimoire.

" Mamono mana has the property of being strongly drawn to emotions and intentions. Perhaps because of the succubus mana contained within, it will attempt to erode especially aggressively and bind with women whose hearts are filled with emotions such as “desire”, “love”, and “attachment”, or complex entanglements of them. Mamono mana acclimates more easily to human women who have such powerful emotions and mentalities, and they may be innately highly predisposed to monsterization and conversion into a specific race. "

You can take from the above that a person without those emotions would be very resistant to monsterization. However since the Order through their indoctrination repress these emotions which then tend to build up in the back of one's minds. For this reason monsterization could be seen as one being released from the Order's oppression and becoming more true to themselves.

As for men, yeah they tend to get attacked and turned into incubi. Though even then with non-succubus or monsters that don't have very high mana, the process to becoming an incubus is very slow. In that time, in the case of an attack one could satisfy the monster (much like in the game) or escape and in the case of more consensual situations, just stop and still remain human. It's just that monsters are so beautiful, lustful, and emotionally caring that most choose to stay with the monster. There are also monsters and even nations (Zipangu, The land of the Four Gods) whos norms are not to attack men.

Basically what I'm saying with all this is that it seems that most cases of monsterization happens with people who on some level desire to become a monster as it is reasonably avoidable and is harder to do with people who genuinely don't desire it and mamono mana is mostly a means to explain the how of it. At least that's how I see it.

BTW if we're talking brainwashing, if any group is guilty of that then it'd be the Order with their indoctrination and how poorly they treat their heroes (as living weapons), not to mention that there are also Divine realms (Usually in temples ect. in Order territory) and since mana has influences on all beings, there's likely things going on with that.

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
I legit don't see Shrift doing the waifu thing better. I liked the game fine, but wow does the grimderp setting and the waifus literally not caring about eating your soul when fucking you kinda...diminish the amount of waifu material you can get out of it.
If you looking for a game that makes monster girls actual monsters...yeah, shrift is your game (even though the plot lets it down) but if I wanna see romance and waifu material the MGE universe and the games easily win out there (though I do have to mention that three charms is also really good in different regards than MGE; being a lot smaller in scope but having some really endearing characters).

Reactions: TheUnsaid

genilgames

Nov 17, 2020
Except when stuff like "The Order", "Sabbath", and "The Fallen God" are legitimate factions. The Order is basically the Imperium of Man from 40k down to the "anything not Human is xeno scum" mindset except unlike the Imperium, it's significantly less competent at protecting Humanity. "Sabbath" is basically "lolicons come here" faction whose endgame is basically "when everyone is a lolicon, nobody will be." "The Fallen God" is basically the Horus Heresy faction except for monsters which would be neat, but since the writing is pretty bad to begin with, it results in the execution being fumbled all the way through.

I like the part where you accuse me of being a MGQ fanboy when some of my opinions on here and elsewhere have been that MGQ is fine in both story and execution but nothing amazing, and when I quote stuff like Shrift and Lust Grimm (which are different universes) as being likely inspirations for this game in core mechanics. Heck, the fact that you were so quick in your nerd rage to reply that you didn't even bother to look at my signature to be certain you weren't making a clown of yourself is evidence that your opinion shouldn't be regarded. Consider this daddy's final response.

There are entire factions whose entire schtick is either corruption or enslavement. It even amazes me that "monster lords" and "monster overlords" require a distinction for you to comprehend that they have the same connotation in this universe, but here we effing are. Yes, who do the stuff I stated exist in this universe that you have clearly never read about but will make the same stupid claim of doing and hoping nobody calls you out on it. Consider yourself called out.

I can agree that MGE doesn't exactly have a good story, but that's because MGE is a blank universe, created so readers can draw their own conclusions and create their own stories.

However, to say it's darker than MGQ is silly. Maybe you have a fetish for vore or being drained to death, I don't know.

But, if I had to choose between:

go to a world where I am weak, helpless, and can easily be killed or devoured by any monster(MGQ)

go to a world where i can learn magic, get strong, and get a wife(MGE)

I think the choice is pretty obvious

Reactions: TheUnsaid

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Currently one of the best Monster Girl waifu games out there is Monster Girl Dreams. I don't know why people don't mention that game when the topic of Monster Girl as your waifu comes up here as that game does the aspect exceptionally well even though it's still a work-in-progress.
I think its exactly because its still in development.I mean i havent touched because i want to wait for the full product

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Currently one of the best Monster Girl waifu games out there is Monster Girl Dreams. I don't know why people don't mention that game when the topic of Monster Girl as your waifu comes up here as that game does the aspect exceptionally well even though it's still a work-in-progress.
I disagree.
There's no sim.

In Monster Girl Dreams, you talk can talk to and romance some girls, but they don't really influence your adventure outside of perks. How important does Kaia feel to the story? How important does Jora feel to the story?

You just do their plotline, and then move on. There's no dynamic interaction with them.

Monster Girl Encyclopedia is peak in this regard. The girls literally join you, and after they join they have unique interactions with other NPCs. You can take them on dates, and fuck them in various locations where they react to your actions, and the new circumstances.

Games like Fushidaratei's are waifu sims. Where you can interact and actually engage with the girls.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
This, and the part where he says "certain historical accounts are exaggerated." I'm fine with a narrative presenting things as not being quite what was stated on paper, but there is a certain point where "history is a whitewash" and "oh yeah, this thing actually happens this way" become contradictory to each other. It doesn't necessarily need to be brainwashing, but a corruption of the self is an equally credible concept that would still allow written lore to be "incorrect" in some cases while maintaining its integrity. Telling us outright that "yeah, the lore is likely wrong here and these women are just wanton sluts with a particular preference for certain things" feels like a cheap cop-out.

MGD I feel hides a ton of its waifu stuff in the background. You can access it, but none of it is ever necessary to complete a dungeon or finish the main story. It also helps that the game does its best to set your goal and let you reach it at your own leisure.

I can agree that MGE doesn't exactly have a good story, but that's because MGE is a blank universe, created so readers can draw their own conclusions and create their own stories.

However, to say it's darker than MGQ is silly. Maybe you have a fetish for vore or being drained to death, I don't know.

But, if I had to choose between:

go to a world where I am weak, helpless, and can easily be killed or devoured by any monster(MGQ)

MGQ isn't grimdark fantasy, though? I'm curious if those people who call it grimdark have ever read a the genre. Grimdark settings are bleak and dystopian, full of disturbing imagery. I would say Shrift fits the genre perfectly. MGQ is more a fantasy setting.

The argument that "this is a blank setting" doesn't really hold up. Plenty of stories have already done this and have handled it much better by making the supporting cast and setting do a lot of the heavy lifting. It feels like an excuse at this point to hand-wave any narrative flaws with "well, it's a blank protag in a blank setting."

I feel like you're confusing MGQ and MGE. In MGQ, you can learn magic and even sword skills that put you on par with monsters. It's also not a common occurence in MGQ to be raped outright by wandering monsters. They're largely sensitive to high quality semen, a thing the series makes fairly clear from the get-go. You also have places like Happiness Village and a few of the kingdoms on the central continent where monsters aren't just peaceful, but co-exist with Human's. You could argue that yeah, there are the more aggressive ones like in Insect Village, but why would you willingly venture to a place where everyone says you're gonna get messed up?

The vore content is fairly low, too. Some species of monster girls do eat each other, but that's more a survival thing due to a lack of men engaging with those places. And yeah, there are some monster girls who do vore the males, and that's mostly resolved by the end. Honestly, most of that stuff feels less fleshed-out than the larger setting and feels like it was just added to justify variety.

• Angry
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
I disagree.
There's no sim.

In Monster Girl Dreams, you talk can talk to and romance some girls, but they don't really influence your adventure outside of perks. How important does Kaia feel to the story? How important does Jora feel to the story?

You just do their plotline, and then move on. There's no dynamic interaction with them.

Monster Girl Encyclopedia is peak in this regard. The girls literally join you, and after they join they have unique interactions with other NPCs. You can take them on dates, and fuck them in various locations where they react to your actions, and the new circumstances.

Games like Fushidaratei's are waifu sims. Where you can interact and actually engage with the girls.
I mean, the point of MGD is that every named monster is a boss and is required to stand guard to beat down any adventurer who attempts to repay their debt via fighting the ML. It does broaden the interactions, but I suspect in the larger scheme of things there will be multiple endings/routes where the MC has a more fulfilling relationship with their chosen waifu(s).

Shrift 2 has a mechanic where your "sealed" demon girls will join your adventure. Shrift 1 had specific scenes where, if you were on the peaceful route, the demons would assist you either in side content or the main story. Of course, there were also main story consequences for the genocide route, so it did feel a bit like the game was trying to hard left you into sparing every demon. That said, the Shrift series does a good job of involving the demons in your adventure and even gives them unique dialogue. It also helps that they're given a room of their own after the first encounter so you can interact with them more.

MGQ: P actually has your chosen party members reacting to story and sidequest stuff. You can also romance them individually, though as far as I know, it only really becomes a scene collection minigame by the end.

I'm not sure I care a whole lot for the whole "let's see how she reacts to being bred in this location" mechanic. I feel like it's an attempt to one-up games like MGQ: P and Shrift in what you can do with your waifus. I'm certainly not intrigued enough to ask "hey, what happens if I wanna bang my catgirl behind a dumpster?" I can already do that in a roleplay forum or with novelai. Why is an isekai rpg trying to sell me on its waifu sim portion?

Reactions: LS47

genilgames

Nov 17, 2020
This, and the part where he says "certain historical accounts are exaggerated." I'm fine with a narrative presenting things as not being quite what was stated on paper, but there is a certain point where "history is a whitewash" and "oh yeah, this thing actually happens this way" become contradictory to each other. It doesn't necessarily need to be brainwashing, but a corruption of the self is an equally credible concept that would still allow written lore to be "incorrect" in some cases while maintaining its integrity. Telling us outright that "yeah, the lore is likely wrong here and these women are just wanton sluts with a particular preference for certain things" feels like a cheap cop-out.

MGD I feel hides a ton of its waifu stuff in the background. You can access it, but none of it is ever necessary to complete a dungeon or finish the main story. It also helps that the game does its best to set your goal and let you reach it at your own leisure.

MGQ isn't grimdark fantasy, though? I'm curious if those people who call it grimdark have ever read a the genre. Grimdark settings are bleak and dystopian, full of disturbing imagery. I would say Shrift fits the genre perfectly. MGQ is more a fantasy setting.

The argument that "this is a blank setting" doesn't really hold up. Plenty of stories have already done this and have handled it much better by making the supporting cast and setting do a lot of the heavy lifting. It feels like an excuse at this point to hand-wave any narrative flaws with "well, it's a blank protag in a blank setting."

I feel like you're confusing MGQ and MGE. In MGQ, you can learn magic and even sword skills that put you on par with monsters. It's also not a common occurence in MGQ to be raped outright by wandering monsters. They're largely sensitive to high quality semen, a thing the series makes fairly clear from the get-go. You also have places like Happiness Village and a few of the kingdoms on the central continent where monsters aren't just peaceful, but co-exist with Human's. You could argue that yeah, there are the more aggressive ones like in Insect Village, but why would you willingly venture to a place where everyone says you're gonna get messed up?

The vore content is fairly low, too. Some species of monster girls do eat each other, but that's more a survival thing due to a lack of men engaging with those places. And yeah, there are some monster girls who do vore the males, and that's mostly resolved by the end. Honestly, most of that stuff feels less fleshed-out than the larger setting and feels like it was just added to justify variety.
Wrong, Luka only learned everything he learned because:

1 - he was trained by the monster lord
2 - he had help from the spirits
3 - he is descended from a legendary hero
4 - he is the son of the strongest seraph

These factors were what made Luka strong, humans can seize magic, but it is something extremely rare and difficult, it is not the same in Paradox, where seizing magic is easy. in the original VN universe, it's so hard, you'll be an old man when you have quality spells in your arsenal.

And the sword techniques, as I said, without the "protagonist hacks", you will hardly be able to fight anything outside the continent of Ilias.

MGQ is an EXTREMELY unbalanced universe where you are destined to be weak, simply because you were "born without protagonist hacks".

And ok, not all girls devour men, but 80% of them enslave you, or drain you to death.

And, at no point did I say MGQ was grimdark, it most certainly isn't.

But if you look at the game's various possible endings, you realize it's a lot darker than it looks.

For example, in one of the endings, Alice definitely plans to destroy humanity (after you abandon her instead of helping her at the beginning of the game).

She eats Luka alive and mocks him when he challenges her in the cave.

Alma Elma devours him, simply because yes, and because "she likes to devour people"

And several other very dark endings.

With all that said, I repeat what I said before:

Reactions: B2B2 and TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
It doesn't necessarily need to be brainwashing, but a corruption of the self is an equally credible concept that would still allow written lore to be "incorrect" in some cases while maintaining its integrity. Telling us outright that "yeah, the lore is likely wrong here and these women are just wanton sluts with a particular preference for certain things" feels like a cheap cop-out.
You are approaching the author and his works with literally 0 charitability if that's your interpretation of that.

The Encyclopedia writer is a character in the world. He has his own biases, and his own wife is a Leanan Sidhe.
The lore books too are written by people in that world.

This isn't a corruption of self it's self-reflection.
In Fallen Maidens, Wilmarina was about to get tentacle raped and fucking cries at the thought of losing her virginity to Druella. I don't disagree that the circumstances were awful, but she came to her own realization about her own desires at that point.
Same with the Half-Elf werewolf lady who literally could not imagine being in a relationship because she's "part monster" in a human town.

You can't be forced to like girls, and girls can't force shit on you that you don't want. The books play it up because it's impressions from an outside observer.

Because it is.
MGE has no real plot.

It's just a world where plots can happen. It's why KC is so hardcore about filtering fan-made stuff. Because the fan-made stuff is representative of his world since there's no actual plot in his world.

Ok man... I can see you just have a hateboner for MGE. I don't know where it comes from though.
First you try to prove that other games are actually waifu sims.
Shrift 2 has a mechanic where your "sealed" demon girls will join your adventure. Shrift 1 had specific scenes where, if you were on the peaceful route, the demons would assist you either in side content or the main story.
Then double back on the concept anyway...
Why is an isekai rpg trying to sell me on its waifu sim portion?
The other games do not let the girls matter throughout the plot. You don't engage with them as you explore. They don't react to things you do. There's nothing dynamic about it. It's just fixed story points. There's no "sim." It's just plot.

Yes even MGQ: Paradox

Play game and you'll understand how you can make the interactions with the girl a simulation, instead of fixed plot points..

Last edited:

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
You are approaching the author and his works with literally 0 charitability if that's your interpretation of that.

The Encyclopedia writer is a character in the world. He has his own biases, and his own wife is a Leanan Sidhe.
The lore books too are written by people in that world.
I feel that's leaning too much into biases over facts, though. If the writer can be influenced by a persistent force (which he very well could, I would assume the narrative leaves tons to interpretation), or is permitted to take liberties in some areas on a whim, then they become unreliable. An example is Bakemonogatari, where the protagonist for a majority of the series is also our narrator, Koyomi Araragi. We're told things that he perceives, but when someone else take the role of narrator, contradictions start to show.

My point is, dependence on a single narrator who may/may not be influenced by an external factor is a bit silly. I would argue if the narrator changed every so often, then that actually invites some reader interpretation that might require clarity.

This isn't a corruption of self it's self-reflection.
In Fallen Maidens, Wilmarina was about to get tentacle raped and fucking cries at the thought of losing her virginity to Druella. I don't disagree that the circumstances were awful, but she came to her own realization about her own desires at that point.
Same with the Half-Elf werewolf lady who literally could not imagine being in a relationship because she's "part monster" in a human town.
The first one is debatable to the nth degree. Someone under duress and facing a trauma is going to react in a variety of ways to the situation. I hate applying real-world logic here, but a terrifying number of rape victims have re-nagged on prior admitting to giving consent only because they were trying to cope with a terrifying violation. I wouldn't even say she had a "realization" about her own desires so much as her mental defense mechanisms kicked in and the "cope" mechanism especially compelled her to consider being into something she normally wouldn't under better circumstances. Assuming the narrative is presented from a primarily male perspective, I'd say the bias is pretty damn obvious.

As for the Half-elf werewolf, that's a matter of perspective and upbringing. I need more context clues to make a reasonable assessment of that narrative.

Y
ou can't be forced to like girls, and girls can't force shit on you that you don't want. The books play it up because it's impressions from an outside observer.
Pretty sure there are entire factions whose entire schtick is practicing arts for those very purposes.

Because it is.
MGE has no real plot.

It's just a world where plots can happen. It's why KC is so hardcore about filtering fan-made stuff. Because the fan-made stuff is representative of his world since there's no actual plot in his world.
He made a literal DnD DM handbook complete with lore and wants to dictate what the DM's are allowed to do. Not even WOTC is that silly, though they've considered it more than once.

Ok man... I can see you just have a hateboner for MGE. I don't know where it comes from though.
First you try to prove that other games are actually waifu sims.

Then double back on the concept anyway...
When did I try to prove other games are waifu sims? I specifically implied that other games have similar concepts that MGE is doing. Is your reading comprehension that bad? Or, are you stricken with a particularly nasty case of narcissism?

The other games do not let the girls matter throughout the plot. You don't engage with them as you explore. They don't react to things you do. There's nothing dynamic about it. It's just fixed story points. There's no "sim." It's just plot.
Ah, yes, all those parts of Shrift where Barghest or Mantis came to assist me in a fight. Or the fact that in Shrift 2, there are actual plot-related requirements for a demon to assist you in order to activate an area. I'll grant you that MGQ Paradox doesn't make the girls plot-relevant outside Sonya and whoever you picked between Ilias and Alice. It does, however, have certain character moments where a teammate will say something during a cutscene. There's even a fun easter egg where if you take Chrome to the world that's fudged completely and get into the cutscene with her sister, the dialogue will change to recognize the inclusion. I'm sure there are other tidbits like that strewn throughout, too.

Succubus in Wonderland admittedly doesn't do either thing, which sucks. Then again, 62studios has sameface syndrome, so it's probably better that they don't. Getting back to my main point, you clearly never played those games if you didn't even find that much out.

Yes even MGQ: Paradox

Play game and you'll understand how you can make the interactions with the girl a simulation, instead of fixed plot points..
I'm not going to bother with your suggestion simply because you seem to believe that MGQ Paradox doesn't have the characters reacting to shit when they in fact do. Like, way to prove you didn't even play the game and didn't bother to do an ounce of research. And no, I don't hate MGE or KC. I just find when people like you pop out of the woodworks and start spouting rape justifications and bullshit about things you don't know, it personifies the fanbase as a whole. I don't even care to attempt civility with you at this point when you're just going to double-down on your own ignorance and scream like .

• Angry
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

tablefliper

Aug 1, 2019
The first one is debatable to the nth degree. Someone under duress and facing a trauma is going to react in a variety of ways to the situation. I hate applying real-world logic here, but a terrifying number of rape victims have re-nagged on prior admitting to giving consent only because they were trying to cope with a terrifying violation. I wouldn't even say she had a "realization" about her own desires so much as her mental defense mechanisms kicked in and the "cope" mechanism especially compelled her to consider being into something she normally wouldn't under better circumstances. Assuming the narrative is presented from a primarily male perspective, I'd say the bias is pretty damn obvious.
Then don't apply real-world logic to fiction. You're choosing to interpret MGE in the worst light possible. It seems like you're not new to the monster girl scene so you know a common big theme of monster girl content in general is temptation and whether or not you can resist or succumb to it. With that theme comes a tendency for monster girl dom content. This one being lighter in tone than some others.

Even with that in mind MGE is really tame as there are quite a few monsters that don't attack humans on sight and even quite a few monsters who are submissive. Unless a woman runs into the extremist faction, attacks on women aren't common. As for men, no monster can force you to like them period. They can try to make themselves more appealing to a man but whether a man falls for them or not is up to the man.

Even then it is stated that it has become more and more popular for monsters to get to know, get close to and date men in ways we'd consider a normal relationship before getting into a physical relationship.

What you're doing is the same as someone calling Mario a dark universe because the Mushroom Kingdom is regularly subjected to terrorist attacks from Bowser and that Mario and Co. regularly slaughters hundreds if not thousands of their enemies in gruesome ways in retaliation. You can choose to see it that way but the world being presented that way is clearly not in the spirit of what the author intends (and is something that most people don't need clarified.).
Pretty sure there are entire factions whose entire schtick is practicing arts for those very purposes.
Mind naming those factions?

If you are referring to the Sabbaths then you're wrong. There's not a single spell that makes someone fall in love with another. The Sabbaths have two purposes.

1: Research magic and their applications
2: Promote their childlike forms as cute and appealing (sexually)

Basically a "Have you heard of our lord and savoir Bapho-sama?" type deal. Their aim is to get people to see their forms as just as attractive if not more attractive than more mature figures but they can't force anyone to.

Ah, yes, all those parts of Shrift where Barghest or Mantis came to assist me in a fight. Or the fact that in Shrift 2, there are actual plot-related requirements for a demon to assist you in order to activate an area. I'll grant you that MGQ Paradox doesn't make the girls plot-relevant outside Sonya and whoever you picked between Ilias and Alice. It does, however, have certain character moments where a teammate will say something during a cutscene. There's even a fun easter egg where if you take Chrome to the world that's fudged completely and get into the cutscene with her sister, the dialogue will change to recognize the inclusion. I'm sure there are other tidbits like that strewn throughout, too.
You kind of prove what TheUnsaid has said (heh), as those all sound like fixed story points to me. The MGE demo actually has quite a bit you can do with your party members that is more spontaneous than having to wait for certain events of the story.

For example if you talk to certain NPCs with certain characters as active party members you get different dialogue and maybe a mini event/scene. You can interact with your party at anytime; anywhere and if you use the request command in front of other monster couples (or other monsters) they'll get horny and mess around too with new dialogue making your party member hornier too (giving it's own benefits). Try doing this in the bar and the bartender will tell you to get a room. There's dialogue for having a meal with your active party member, If your party member is horny, there's a chance hitting the interact button will lead to mini scene. There's more but the point is that all of that is spontaneous and doesn't require a quest or story event.

In any case it seems clear to me that you don't like MGE very much if at all so I question why you choose to spend your time talking about a game set in a setting you don't enjoy (seemingly caused by a willfulness to misunderstand the setting). A better use of your time would be interact with things you enjoy.

edit: grammar

Last edited:

ZettaiZero

Oct 21, 2017
I just find it fucking funny how these retarded reviewers kept on crying about how there's no progress on Kenkou's works but like seriously he could careless about this f95zone forums if you want your voice to matter support him on patreon and get your rights of complain by paying

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes