Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
where is my save file
the engine I develop on is called twine, and I believe it stores it in a cookie or your local storage (I think it depends on what the browser supports).

When you are playing the game, you can import and export the content to a file by clicking on this button in the save menu: 1650495101279.png

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
So is this still updating for the "demo" Because I don't see the damn point in uploading the same demo over and over again. If you not gonna do public releases why bother updating when the "free content" is behind a paywall that only your patrons can open? Either do every like 2 or 3 public, or stop wasting our time with this paywall bait uploads sigh, sick of searching for access codes just to justify updating again sigh... I mean one thing would be bonus content behind a pay wall, but really this "play to same exact spot every upload unless you pay" model game should not be allowed to upload on here sigh. No one uploads the patron only versions for anything else unless its a leak sigh.

I mean at this point its no longer a donation to help it continue but a monthly sub to play the full game. If you gonna go this route either put it on steam for one time payment, or something like that. This paying every single update to play full game went from cute, to aggravating way to run your patreon.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
With the new updates how much if anything is added to the free Demo version?

Last edited:

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I mean it's a Software locked HTML game. That's not a paywall, it's more like politely asking to donate.
I completely agree, but I wanted to be sure. So I looked up "paywall" on the -- and it told me I have to subscribe first! Can you believe that bullshit? And get this: it costs $100. Does anyone know how to get past this so I can learn what a "paywall" is?

With the new updates how much if anything is added to the free Demo version?
Well for the latest release, 100% of the new content is available in the demo. Here's a link to the changelog:

Man- this dev is hilarious.

May need to try this out just for the humor.
I enjoy his sense of humor and writing. He's quite fun.
Aw, I really appreciate that. Thank you both. Now, as they say in the Oxford dictionary: give me $100. (Kidding!)

Last edited:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
I completely agree, but I wanted to be sure. So I looked up "paywall" on the -- and it told me I have to subscribe first! Can you believe that bullshit? And get this: it costs $100. Does anyone know how to get past this so I can learn what a "paywall" is?

Well for the latest release, 100% of the new content is available in the demo. Here's a link to the changelog:

Aw, I really appreciate that. Thank you both. Now, as they say in the Oxford dictionary: give me $100. (Kidding!)
Sorry Bawdy IS I spent my last $100 trying to figure out what a pay wall is too. :ROFLMAO:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
So many collisions... Cb9TKN1 Enjoy. Just so everyone knows, I don't usually remove DRM/crack something right away. I usually give authors/content-creators/developers time to gain subscribers, et cetera. Usually two weeks or an entire version before I bother cracking. Do not ask me to change that. This one's an exception because I enjoy custom algorithms.

Last edited:
Reactions: kajidiablo

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
don't worry I know a place that can help you bypass that... it's call a public library.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Access codes or other DRM are never really about stopping piracy entirely, it's just about throwing in enough of a barrier that some percent of would-be pirates becoming paying players.

You'll never make perfect DRM and the more draconic you make the DRM the worse the experience gets for paying players. Then those folks get REAL MAD when the game they paid for is actively worse because DRM.

Better to do some light-touch DRM if you're going to do it at all. Though IMO just doing zero DRM ends up best because you get more good will that way and alot of people will just pay anyway (like me, I'm a patron of this dude so I'm not like 'but I want to not have a code bluh bluh')

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Access codes or other DRM are never really about stopping piracy entirely, it's just about throwing in enough of a barrier that some percent of would-be pirates becoming paying players.

You'll never make perfect DRM and the more draconic you make the DRM the worse the experience gets for paying players. Then those folks get REAL MAD when the game they paid for is actively worse because DRM.

Better to do some light-touch DRM if you're going to do it at all. Though IMO just doing zero DRM ends up best because you get more good will that way and alot of people will just pay anyway (like me, I'm a patron of this dude so I'm not like 'but I want to not have a code bluh bluh')
Well put, and I share your philosophy.

If I really wanted to improve the DRM, I'd get rid of this access code shenanigans and force you to download the full version off a site. And that's just the first step: I could change the architecture of my game so it's client/server. You'd need to be online at all times to play. Then, I could integrate Patreon's oauth api into the server code so you need to actively support me in order to play. Next, I could secretly watermark each version so I'd know who leaked it. (I think it's a pain to create new Patreon accounts? It's probably tied to your PayPal.) I could probably figure out a way to automatically ban leakers. I could even-- who cares. Even thinking about this stuff is a waste of time.

Besides, I have a feeling 1/10 people who read this are already two steps ahead of me and know how they would bypass all that stuff.

I'm going to go back to working on this chipmunk scene. I hope you all enjoy it when it's released!

PS: Thanks a lot for your support, by the way. I really appreciate it!

3.60 star(s) 9 Votes