TigerEye1987

Jul 19, 2020
whats the issue with the full saves, when i try to load them a lot of things dont load in and half the collectables and events are invisible

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
whats the issue with the full saves, when i try to load them a lot of things dont load in and half the collectables and events are invisible
No idea what's wrong with the saves, the game's staff doesn't have anything to do with them.
Maybe not "full" saves or they are busted somehow. I know its not very helpful, but that's about the best I can tell ya though, sorry.

Hamshiro

Mar 17, 2021
When i enter the game the screen turns black, the menu works fine and the loading screen appears normal as well, but when it loads it just goes all black, and i know the game is running because i can move and everything but the screen stays black no matter what i do

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
When i enter the game the screen turns black, the menu works fine and the loading screen appears normal as well, but when it loads it just goes all black, and i know the game is running because i can move and everything but the screen stays black no matter what i do
A few things can cause this issue, 95% of the time its a messed up save. A lot of times people accidentally use a save that was last used on a super old version or used saves in non-sequential order.
Have you backed up your save and tried to create a new game to see if its a bug with the version or a bug with the save yet?

Hamshiro

Mar 17, 2021
A few things can cause this issue, 95% of the time its a messed up save. A lot of times people accidentally use a save that was last used on a super old version or used saves in non-sequential order.
Have you backed up your save and tried to create a new game to see if its a bug with the version or a bug with the save yet?
Yeah i tried but it's still a black screen when it loads

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Yeah i tried but it's still a black screen when it loads
Strange, and I can't replicate the issue
Are you on desktop, laptop or phone, and what is the OS that your running?
The next step would be to try a new download.
if that doesn't do the trick and If you got the time, could you do the following
-start up the game
-open options
-open save location (this will open a folder in file explorer)
-back out of options and start a new game
-Wait for the issue to occur
-close game
-Wait 30 seconds to be certain files are done writing
-Upload both the bug report files, player.log and player-prev.log here, or send them to tinydevilstudio@gmail.com

Last edited:

DevQNull

Oct 19, 2020
If you have the menu in game (like a blank screen with MC & follower of choice), try using the map to fast travel to one of the towns. An earlier version somehow did not load the maps of Blowingrock continuing either a manual (menu) or autosave (every time you visit a barn to heal the girls), but jumping to a different location then back forced the map.draw() function to pay attention & do the thing.

Of course, there's still the "hole" in The Yard that'll let you walk the map completely off the screen, save there & you may well be skorked. :geek:
Aaaan I found a second "hole" close to the first playing with it. Maps are not unitary, but loads only the relevant locations (wise choice IMHO). The Yard only includes the adjacent Sugarbush map.

Many glitches resolved from previous versions, all the memories & collectibles show up in the menu correctly once achieved/found. :cool:

Last edited:

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
If you have the menu in game (like a blank screen with MC & follower of choice), try using the map to fast travel to one of the towns. An earlier version somehow did not load the maps of Blowingrock continuing either a manual (menu) or autosave (every time you visit a barn to heal the girls), but jumping to a different location then back forced the map.draw() function to pay attention & do the thing.

Of course, there's still the "hole" in The Yard that'll let you walk the map completely off the screen, save there & you may well be skorked. :geek:

We actually spoke about the issue through email. Seems it was an issue with his graphics card. Its something that has popped up for, if I recall correctly, 3 people now. Can sound an awful lot like the old void bug, but error log shows d3dll: failed to create 2d texture. Other 2 instances were fixed with a quick update to graphic drivers.

DevQNull

Oct 19, 2020
We actually spoke about the issue through email. Seems it was an issue with his graphics card. Its something that has popped up for, if I recall correctly, 3 people now. Can sound an awful lot like the old void bug, but error log shows d3dll: failed to create 2d texture. Other 2 instances were fixed with a quick update to graphic drivers.
Entirely likely. I'm running an ASUS RTX2070 with very few issues, probably as I check for firmware updates just about weekly along with wandering thru here.

3.80 star(s) 25 Votes