3.60 star(s) 25 Votes

lololaut

Feb 2, 2023
I think the game is still being worked on, but the only place you can get updates from is the Discord for the creator. You can find it through the Itch.io link which links to the prologue on Itch.io.
did you not read the last few pages? i think not. even one who know red said that "MGI is dead and now is just a visual novel without sex".

i made the same mistake a few pages back, and in fact the last 5-10 pages are all the info of 170+ pages of history of the game.

the game is dead, put you heart at peace.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
I think most people are waiting for someone to make a good game. Lots of genres were made trendy again cause a good dev made an awesome game (Stardew valley, Fear and Hunger etc.). Lots of people that saw MGI in 2015 as the next big hit but sadly here we are. So hopefully some new dev will make it a reality.
The sad thing is that no one can use the hole on the MG "market" (only in the negative sense - scam).
MG games fall into the abyss very quickly. The worst thing is that everyone uses the name Monster Girl ... Something, Anything, Nothing, Fucking with the hope of feeding on MGI. But since everyone suffers from syndrome named "Redamz", they prefer not to invest in it. Circle of madness.

What do you say about Monster Girl Ranger?
It looks nice, but support almost zero, but Dev is still active.
I also liked Monster Girl Assistant (2 Demos - 2 Girls and Dead Project). 95% MGI clone, maybe a little more advanced, improved. And of course Monster Girls Hotel. Quite funny scenes and story but developers closed the shop quite quickly (Prologue + 1 Chapter). But it's worth trying.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: stagp and ermousa

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Thanks... Dunno why my search didn't find it. Looks nice...by that I mean the art work. No plot as of yet...or does it mean to have one? This demo is pretty short...
Yeah, search function sometimes sucks. I stumbled upon it completely by accident on Itch.io.

That's all we have at the moment. Short demo. Small talk, find few items and enjoy the scene.

There's some 0.2 update on Patreon, and I noticed on Itch that the dev is talking about switching from Unity to Unreal.
Looks like this Dev is serious.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ermousa

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Yeah, search function sometimes sucks. I stumbled upon it completely by accident on Itch.io.

That's all we have at the moment. Short demo. Small talk, find few items and enjoy the scene.

There's some 0.2 update on Patreon, and I noticed on Itch that the dev is talking about switching from Unity to Unreal.
Looks like this Dev is serious.

At this point we don't even have this....all the links are dead... "this file doesn't exist" Apparently he took it down.

Could it be he's not as serious as you think? Or he want's patreon user's only?

EDIT: Ok I found it on itch.io So only the F95 links are dead.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ermousa

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
At this point we don't even have this....all the links are dead... "this file doesn't exist" Apparently he took it down.

Could it be he's not as serious as you think? Or he want's patreon user's only?

EDIT: Ok I found it on itch.io So only the F95 links are dead.
Wow. Those links died pretty quickly.:D
And? What do you think? The basic MGI formula would be there, except Dev's probably a little more romantic.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Wow. Those links died pretty quickly.:D
And? What do you think? The basic MGI formula would be there, except Dev's probably a little more romantic.
Ok, Finally got to play it last night. Thanks for asking.
I thought that in regards to the visual elements, along with the ability to roam around it succeeded very well. . .visually.

The Dev put some work into the text fonts...they were beautiful. I do think the placement of the text, up on the right with responses below is far less than optimal. The dev's making work for himself with no gain...the text placement detracts from the visual when you put it outside the usual 'bottom of the screen' placement (even though it's transparent). I'd strongly recommend changing that back to stock placement, text bottom, reply's center or center bottom if he wants. Also if he wants to scroll the text, do it faster. i was hitting 'continue' all the time to see what she was saying. So the UI needs work.

Also while the User interface was clever... I stumbled around a lot until I figured out how simple it was. Problem: the images are too small/light to be noticeable and he would do well to have a single 'help' screen before the game starts so the player knows what / how to work the controls. I fumbled around a lot trying to get my mouse to work right.

I won't comment on the lack of plot /goals/ etc as this is a demo but I did think the girl was pretty dull and unmoving for most the time...but that aside, her image was very cute, and detailed and the layout/world was also very detailed and realistic to roam around in. That aspect I liked a lot.

Basically, for a demo of his graphics and 3D skills, this could be made into a full blown Monster Girl Island replacement...BUT it is going to take a lot of new content AND let's hope and pray he has some other kind of plot in mind because this scenario won't support one. (Also, a lot more characters to interface with.)

Ok I hope this helps him.

Reactions: DocRipper

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Ok, Finally got to play it last night. Thanks for asking.
I thought that in regards to the visual elements, along with the ability to roam around it succeeded very well. . .visually.

The Dev put some work into the text fonts...they were beautiful. I do think the placement of the text, up on the right with responses below is far less than optimal. The dev's making work for himself with no gain...the text placement detracts from the visual when you put it outside the usual 'bottom of the screen' placement (even though it's transparent). I'd strongly recommend changing that back to stock placement, text bottom, reply's center or center bottom if he wants. Also if he wants to scroll the text, do it faster. i was hitting 'continue' all the time to see what she was saying. So the UI needs work.

Also while the User interface was clever... I stumbled around a lot until I figured out how simple it was. Problem: the images are too small/light to be noticeable and he would do well to have a single 'help' screen before the game starts so the player knows what / how to work the controls. I fumbled around a lot trying to get my mouse to work right.

I won't comment on the lack of plot /goals/ etc as this is a demo but I did think the girl was pretty dull and unmoving for most the time...but that aside, her image was very cute, and detailed and the layout/world was also very detailed and realistic to roam around in. That aspect I liked a lot.

Basically, for a demo of his graphics and 3D skills, this could be made into a full blown Monster Girl Island replacement...BUT it is going to take a lot of new content AND let's hope and pray he has some other kind of plot in mind because this scenario won't support one. (Also, a lot more characters to interface with.)

Ok I hope this helps him.
Wow. Nice.
I agree with UI, text placement etc. Such technical details.
At the beginning I hoped that more options for dialogues would lead to something interesting. But the lady doesn't respond much. Rather, it's just Longer Talk/ Route or Shorter "Skip" Route.
World looks cool, I Agree. Except that it is again Mysterious Island... the same concept again. But people like it, it always works.

The biggest challenge will be the plot. I wonder if the Dev will create something exciting or just fill the world with girls and it will be simple style of Help her-Fuck her.

DeccuSkurabu

Aug 20, 2017
Except that it is again Mysterious Island... the same concept again.
The reason for that is that it's simple as hell and lets you write a story without confining yourself to the setting too much. Also harder than I thought to get people to go for something else, I tried a space station setting and shit was terribly received.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DocRipper

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
The reason for that is that it's simple as hell and lets you write a story without confining yourself to the setting too much. Also harder than I thought to get people to go for something else, I tried a space station setting and shit was terribly received.
The trick in a 3D 'open world' game is to make it seem like an endless world when it isn't and not have the player run into the edges all the time. The 'Mysterious Island' is an easy way to limit the world environment which is why you see it in 3D 'sandbox' games a lot. I've seen some other limiting ones like "Demon on a Starship" which work because they're puzzle oriented and you know you're not exploring a world outside the ship.

With that said I think it's more a problem with the 3D genre that use engines like Unity etc which are largely graphical and suck up so many resources. Ren'Py allows more freedom. For example Kerni's "AATOFL" has you inside a station and his 'Milky Way' makes it an Island. While Callisto, allows you to pilot a Starship Freighter through three Galactic Sectors, has backstories of the characters, side adventure--even wild west--elements and ends up in a intergallactic War all the while balancing the needs of your harem on board the ship. That's why it's a favorite of mine....it's a grand story first and great graphics too, but second.

This makes it generally a choice between graphic intensive 3D immersive small worlds or mostly 2D but wide ranging Interstellar Space Sagas. . .if you wish (or those repetitive inter-family fetish or 'wimp' fucks the world games). Take your choice.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Perhaps it would be enough to replace the space station for the space ship .. and of course Androids, lots of Androids ... with high quality sensors in all....:whistle:

The trick in a 3D 'open world' game is to make it seem like an endless world when it isn't and not have the player run into the edges all the time. The 'Mysterious Island' is an easy way to limit the world environment which is why you see it in 3D 'sandbox' games a lot. I've seen some other limiting ones like "Demon on a Starship" which work because they're puzzle oriented and you know you're not exploring a world outside the ship.

With that said I think it's more a problem with the 3D genre that use engines like Unity etc which are largely graphical and suck up so many resources. Ren'Py allows more freedom. For example Kerni's "AATOFL" has you inside a station and his 'Milky Way' makes it an Island. While Callisto, allows you to pilot a Starship Freighter through three Galactic Sectors, has backstories of the characters, side adventure--even wild west--elements and ends up in a intergallactic War all the while balancing the needs of your harem on board the ship. That's why it's a favorite of mine....it's a grand story first and great graphics too, but second.

This makes it generally a choice between graphic intensive 3D immersive small worlds or mostly 2D but wide ranging Interstellar Space Sagas. . .if you wish (or those repetitive inter-family fetish or 'wimp' fucks the world games). Take your choice.
So you say we need MGI remake based on Renpy? Hmmmm...:unsure:
Lot of MGI screens + Koikatsu. Instant win.:poop:

(But seriously. Sometimes it works. For example In Heat + Renpy spin-off In Heat: Honeymoon.)

magfan2255

May 28, 2020
Perhaps it would be enough to replace the space station for the space ship .. and of course Androids, lots of Androids ... with high quality sensors in all....:whistle:

So you say we need MGI remake based on Renpy? Hmmmm...:unsure:
Lot of MGI screens + Koikatsu. Instant win.:poop:

(But seriously. Sometimes it works. For example In Heat + Renpy spin-off In Heat: Honeymoon.)
i avoid renpys altogether so i would rather not.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Really? I've been thinking about this game a few times, but somehow I didn't have the courage (text-based tag).
Yeah, only a handful of CG's (the rest are portraits with varying expressions, but artwork is great in my opinion), but very well written. I reckon you won't regret giving it a try.
Also very moddable, if you ever tire of the main game content.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Yeah, only a handful of CG's (the rest are portraits with varying expressions, but artwork is great in my opinion), but very well written. I reckon you won't regret giving it a try.
Also very moddable, if you ever tire of the main game content.
Wow..moddable. Sounds cool. Thanks.

Reactions: HumanRug
3.60 star(s) 25 Votes