• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
Alright so main thing that was really sinking my enjoyment of this was combat speed/length. You've touched on this before and said it may be a bit complex to change, perhaps more than you could handle at the time. One of the things I think could help remedy it is an option to disable the animation/particle effects of each attack. Probably the most egregious example (outside the cutscene-esque attacks) I've seen of this is the fairies in Adonis forest whose normal attack plays 3 firework-like animations that takes 1.5 seconds to complete. Considering you typically encounter two of them at a time, every combat round can potentially end up with you watching 3 seconds of this animation:
View attachment fairy.mp4

Really starts to add up to 15+ seconds of sitting there just watching this animation play out repeatedly every time you fight them. I get that number because it takes me 12 rounds average at level 20 to beat them using attack and demon decapitation (this is assuming they charm me at least once). To simplify, lets say half the rounds go to killing the first and the other half toward the other. Say they use their normal attack at least 70% (?) of the time, that's 12.6 seconds for the first 6 rounds and another 6.3 seconds the next 6, for a total of 18.9 seconds. This is supposed to be a rather weak enemy for my level, so this is frustrating as they don't pose a threat to anything but my attention span. I think there could be some significant battle time reduction if an option to remove the animations existed.

I'm going to go into a bit of 'video game theory' here, but for an RPG-maker game, most average speed battles against generic encounters of your level last at most 4 rounds I'd estimate. While most encounters in this game last about this long, there are some repeated encounters in this game that are guilty of lasting longer (sometimes much longer, like the fairy one I just outlined). True, I could somewhat speed up encounters by playing into the very item-centric combat (which comes with its own grinding of materials/money), but I don't feel like I should craft items and use them on enemies that no longer pose a credible threat to Luka. Some of this could be remedied by raising Luka's attack power a bit more as he levels, at least to lets say, be able to one-shot those stupid motherfucking 3 annoying ass bees that are an encounter in the southern region that take 2 regular attacks each to kill extending the battle to 5-6 turns IF you don't miss AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Anyways yeah, regular encounters really became a big drag to get through.

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
Angels were invincible cause the weapons in the original were sealed, the six ancestors and OG monster lord had the ways to defeat angels but current monsters don't, that's part of the reason why Illias demanded their sealing to prevent the destruction and why she doesn't want to undo the seal by destroying all monsters, they also created weapons as the war went along like Angel Halo but they were lost
Hey guys, thought I'd bring up the Q&A since it actually brings this up. First in Japanese.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then in Machine Translation.

So basically:

That's about what I've gathered after doing some research.

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
How do you seal a piece of sharp metal?
Like this.
1653250172194.png
If the First had a way to fight angels, she would know, after all, that is a very big detail for her to allow herself to forget, or for said weapons to be lost (then again, to make such weapons, you need time you wouldn't have, a war with an advantage like that would be won in a week, Ilias just have to avoid the place the First is).
I think by weapons that were sealed away, they're talking about the weapons from Mitra Sealed Castle.
1653250514065.png
Basically they're legendary weapons that were created from Ilias and Alice I's energies that were sealed away in this castle. When the war started, they were unsealed, and both sides used them against each other, but they've since been lost to time, save for the remains of this ancient castle that's appeared here due to time distortions.

Or the angels are incorporeal (like ghosts and things pass through them), or not.
Nah, they just can't be hurt unless you use holy energy against them. That's why Luka (a half fallen-angel) can harm them, and why there's no sub-plot where the Enrikan fallen angels pull pranks on the dark elves by phasing through walls. The tension comes from the fact that Luka is just one guy, and is unable to save each and every person in danger, all while dealing with the existential crisis that his lineage will cause him to evaporate over time.

And if it was possible in this world, then there's zero way to fight back. Fine, luka can, but he can't be everywhere at the same time. What prevents them to pass through walls and kill all of the major leaders, including Alice all at once?
So the reason why Ilias doesn't just skip to the end and just replace all of humanity from the get-go is that she wants to try the "diplomatic" approach first. She believes that Luka will make the "right choice" in the end by killing Alice, and so she lets him go on this adventure to become a hero while getting stronger, even allowing him to learn Cursed Swordsman skills without pointing it out. Basically, she takes a mosty hands-off approach to test Luka to see if humanity is worth salvaging (for the time being). But then after Luka spared the snek, Ilias went back to her initial plan of replacing humanity with replicants, playing 4D chess with Black Alice and Promestein so that she would ascend and become a being of light and darkness. And to do that, she used war as a pretense and had her forces attack several locations in the world; she had no concerns that Luka would lose (giving him the window to defeat Promestein and Black Alice when the time came), and she'd lose nothing if humanity were to succumb to that assault, so it was a win-win in her view. But like any time that Ilias makes assumptions, it wound up biting her where it hurts, because Luka was not only able to fend off most of her assault, but humans and monsters were able to find a way to counter the holy magic enveloping the world, and worked together to defeat all the revived angels during the 3rd assault (shout-out to Frederika Mk 3, lol).
All that to say, Ilias has a lot of plans, but her expectations always fall short because she keeps underestimating other people's tenacity due to her ego refusing to allow her to admit that she doesn't know what's best for the world (whether it's besting Alice I in gene manipulation, connecting with her daughters, or understanding the machinations of her grandson's mind). Hence why Mikaela was able to clown on her twice during the final battle with Sword of Heaven.

DaiReth

Oct 14, 2021
Although somewhat skeptical at first, after playing it, I was pleasantly surprised!
The main draw of MGQ was the surprisingly deep story, and this is a very high quality remake, the changes to lore, history and interactions are all much more sensible than I expected.
Honestly I don't even have that much of a problem with rpg maker, it's an accepted classic for a reason. My one complaint is very simple, please, for the love of god, please set default evasion and accuracy to 0 and 100%, having 7 "missed" in a row while fighting a generic enemy is not fun! Give skills that raise evasion, that's fine, but not the default!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
My one complaint is very simple, please, for the love of god, please set default evasion and accuracy to 0 and 100%, having 7 "missed" in a row while fighting a generic enemy is not fun! Give skills that raise evasion, that's fine, but not the default!
I know it's unbelievable, but Angel Halo has 97% hit rate and most enemies have between 3%-7% evasion. which means that even against the quickest enemy you should miss about 1/10 of the time, but clearly that's not what we perceive. I really don't understand how RPG Maker does the RNG. I will try to tweek with it a little more.

genilgames

Nov 17, 2020
I'm playing the game and I must say I'm loving it so far, very good.

But I have a suggestion.

Put an "escape button" for "non-canon" battles it can get pretty boring you have to fight a bunch of enemies every 5 steps you take on the map, or when you are hunting a specific enemy to collect an item or complete the monsterpedia, but then you take a long time to find it and you have to fight 7 to 10 battles until you find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaiReth

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
I'm playing the game and I must say I'm loving it so far, very good.

But I have a suggestion.

Put an "escape button" for "non-canon" battles it can get pretty boring you have to fight a bunch of enemies every 5 steps you take on the map, or when you are hunting a specific enemy to collect an item or complete the monsterpedia, but then you take a long time to find it and you have to fight 7 to 10 battles until you find it.
Press the cancel button when you are selecting an action, it will bring another menu with the escape option. Also, the random encounters only happen on the world map, and as of now, there aren't any enemies exclusively to the world.

genilgames

Nov 17, 2020
Well I'm not complaining, I just want to know:

Is Luka in this remake half monster?

After all in both of his "Zenitsu cosplayers" he used dark magic skills, techniques from the Monster Lord bloodline to top it off.

So you changed Luka's origin and he's not half angel in this timeline?

Reactions: DaiReth

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Well I'm not complaining, I just want to know:

Is Luka in this remake half monster?

After all in both of his "Zenitsu cosplayers" he used dark magic skills, techniques from the Monster Lord bloodline to top it off.

So you changed Luka's origin and he's not half angel in this timeline?

genilgames

Nov 17, 2020
No, ok, I hope, your game is very good, and I want to follow you, I myself am looking forward to you releasing the version that goes to Undine (I want to meet Erubetie).

And I'm curious to know how you're going to adapt some "devouring" monsters like Ropers or Replicant to the light version.

But about Luka's origin, I have an idea, if you relied on Paradox information and that's what I'm thinking you have my FULL support.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
No, ok, I hope, your game is very good, and I want to follow you, I myself am looking forward to you releasing the version that goes to Undine (I want to meet Erubetie).

And I'm curious to know how you're going to adapt some "devouring" monsters like Ropers or Replicant to the light version.

But about Luka's origin, I have an idea, if you relied on Paradox information and that's what I'm thinking you have my FULL support.
The vore scenes are adapted by the monster girl spitting Luka after the act, and all references to acid and death being changed for something else. Some monster girls that have vore scenes are cut as well because they don't have sex CGs or because their design is just terrible and are replaced by others. And in the cases of monster girls that are purposely monstrous like chimeras and the replicant, Luka is going to be saved in the end by whoever he is partying with or by Alice if she is close by, soon enough to save his life, but not enough to save his mind (but even in those the references to acid and death will be changed, for me, those are deal-breaker and I simply can't appreciate a good sex scene with those appearing).

As for Paradox, I said it before, but I've never played it, I'm using its assets and am using the wiki for information like names, and know more or less the general story, but I'm not using anything from that here. As for what you're thinking, I think I know what it is, and it is close, but no. I discovered that was a thing only recently and I've decided on the general changes in the story since more or less the beginning of this project, but it's quite close to that.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

genilgames

Nov 17, 2020
The vore scenes are adapted by the monster girl spitting Luka after the act, and all references to acid and death being changed for something else. Some monster girls that have vore scenes are cut as well because they don't have sex CGs or because their design is just terrible and are replaced by others. And in the cases of monster girls that are purposely monstrous like chimeras and the replicant, Luka is going to be saved in the end by whoever he is partying with or by Alice if she is close by, soon enough to save his life, but not enough to save his mind (but even in those the references to acid and death will be changed, for me, those are deal-breaker and I simply can't appreciate a good sex scene with those appearing).

As for Paradox, I said it before, but I've never played it, I'm using its assets and am using the wiki for information like names, and know more or less the general story, but I'm not using anything from that here. As for what you're thinking, I think I know what it is, and it is close, but no. I discovered that was a thing only recently and I've decided on the general changes in the story since more or less the beginning of this project, but it's quite close to that.
So Luka is not a descendant of Heinrich who had an affair with Black Alice (Alicetromeria)?

Too bad, it would have been a GRAND of a plot twist, but ok, I'm looking forward to future updates and I'll always be on the lookout.

genilgames

Nov 17, 2020
Ahhh and one thing, I don't know if it's a bug, but, I can't use meditation, even though I have enough mp

genilgames

Nov 17, 2020
Wow, I beat the game and just... wow, the story changes were done perfectly, and I'm SUPER HYPED for the sequel.

Who was that mysterious man who uses the same sprite as Luka's mother?

Why does Tamamo seem more desperate to stop Luka?

Luka continues to evolve and the mystery behind his abilities only increases....

uhhhhhh so many mysteries to be solved

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
So Luka is not a descendant of Heinrich who had an affair with Black Alice (Alicetromeria)?

Too bad, it would have been a GRAND of a plot twist, but ok, I'm looking forward to future updates and I'll always be on the lookout.
For a second, I thought you were talking about this-
-but then remembered that there's no way UD would know about that, plus that only applies to the Paradox version.

But yeah, it kinda sucks that by the end of the game, it'll be a Quintuple Giga instead of a Sextuple Giga.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes