4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

injoker25

Apr 15, 2021
No, it's literally a remake. It's almost the same story (same key events with mostly the same results, but done differently, more grounded in reality and closing many plotholes), but with new additions (side character, quests, temporary party members, consensual sex scenes...) and a few changes to spicy things up. I like to call it the Definitive Edition, but many just consider it one of the alternate timelines of Paradox. To each his own, but I assure you this is not just a butchered version (Or Rebreak like EPG says), though the vore now is optional.
alright, im gonna try it after i finished the original, thanks!

Lord Darkstar

May 5, 2018
I sometimes try my hand at QA, here is what I got so far.

Language

#1 - "Mothers Keepsake" should be "Mother's Keepsake".

#2 - When trying to exit the house, Luka says "Long Sword in the wall." It should be "on the wall", as most (legal) people don't keep their weapons inside walls.

#3 - While talking to Alice in the house... "I was going to part in my journey today,". This feels off, something like "I was going to depart on my journey today," would be better.

#4 - Trying to enter the south-western house. "Looks like there is nobody in home." Should be "Looks like there is nobody home".

Misc

#1a - It seems like the graveyard at Iliasville doesn't have Lucifina's plot. Surely Luka would visit?

#1b - In the original game, Lucifina can appear before Luka in her human form as part of the evaluation against Ilias. You can add her image from that to the picture by Luka's bedside.

#2a - During battle, to see a girl's stats you are told to press "A". This is incorrect on keyboard, as it doesn't mention that the player needs to hold "Shift" instead.
#2b - When you activate the stat viewer, it shows a blank area. You have to view other field and switch back before Statistic details are shown.

#3 - Names that are too long in the recipe crystals can be cut off. EG, the "Anti Lust Potion D" looks like "Anti Lust Potion I".

Feature Requests

#1 - Volume control descriptions. Particularly important is knowing which setting adjusts lewd sounds. I live with people who would not treat me kindly for liking monster girls. Playing a bit of sound or music when moving a setting might be useful in this capacity.

#2 - It would be nice if the option to run by default could be set. I have to let go of the Shift key when talking to people, otherwise I would skip their dialogue. For me, the only time I walk in a game is during a stealth section.

#3 - MGQ Paradox has a feature where defeated enemies can be fought again through a certain bookcase. It would be nice if that could be added to MGQ Remake's compendium, while allowing drops, scenes, and so on to be acquired. Relying on luck and memory to backtrack and refight certain enemies can be a sore point in Paradox.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
I sometimes try my hand at QA, here is what I got so far.

Language

#1 - "Mothers Keepsake" should be "Mother's Keepsake".

#2 - When trying to exit the house, Luka says "Long Sword in the wall." It should be "on the wall", as most (legal) people don't keep their weapons inside walls.

#3 - While talking to Alice in the house... "I was going to part in my journey today,". This feels off, something like "I was going to depart on my journey today," would be better.

#4 - Trying to enter the south-western house. "Looks like there is nobody in home." Should be "Looks like there is nobody home".

Misc

#1a - It seems like the graveyard at Iliasville doesn't have Lucifina's plot. Surely Luka would visit?

#1b - In the original game, Lucifina can appear before Luka in her human form as part of the evaluation against Ilias. You can add her image from that to the picture by Luka's bedside.

#2a - During battle, to see a girl's stats you are told to press "A". This is incorrect on keyboard, as it doesn't mention that the player needs to hold "Shift" instead.
#2b - When you activate the stat viewer, it shows a blank area. You have to view other field and switch back before Statistic details are shown.

#3 - Names that are too long in the recipe crystals can be cut off. EG, the "Anti Lust Potion D" looks like "Anti Lust Potion I".

Feature Requests

#1 - Volume control descriptions. Particularly important is knowing which setting adjusts lewd sounds. I live with people who would not treat me kindly for liking monster girls. Playing a bit of sound or music when moving a setting might be useful in this capacity.

#2 - It would be nice if the option to run by default could be set. I have to let go of the Shift key when talking to people, otherwise I would skip their dialogue. For me, the only time I walk in a game is during a stealth section.

#3 - MGQ Paradox has a feature where defeated enemies can be fought again through a certain bookcase. It would be nice if that could be added to MGQ Remake's compendium, while allowing drops, scenes, and so on to be acquired. Relying on luck and memory to backtrack and refight certain enemies can be a sore point in Paradox.
Thank you for the feedback.

The Graveyard idea is good and I'll implement it, though in this story, as you will learn later, Luka's mother was cremated. She died during an outbreak, which was not uncommon.

As for Lucifina Portrait... That is one of the four main changes I'm doing in the story. Luka won't be Lucifina's son, but from an ordinary woman. I already discussed this at length and already stated that I don't like her story at all. To me, she's a terrible mother, and almost all of her story made little sense. As such, I'm changing it. What I have planned to put in its place is really good, but you'll have to wait until version 0.7 (the beginning of Ilias War) to know.

If you have read the tutorial you would have seen that all inputs mentioned in the game are from RPG Maker controls, which are the same as a Sega Saturn. The A it mentions is from that control.

That stat view is an imported script, so its bugs won't probably be solved. Sorry.

As for the names of. You may be right. I'll take a look at that.

Volume settings are another imported script, but since you just want a "Moans" word on it, it should be easy to find and add. Right now only a few girls actually have moans (BGS), but I do have plans to add it to every vaginal and anal, and the oral scenes will have the default SE replaced by a better one.

You know, you already walk at speed 5 the second highest. I usually only run when I'm in a hurry because it's too fast and I can't control it very well.

Re-fights are a planned feature, but I'm not so sure about letting you keep the spoils. That can easily be exploited, and kinda makes the re-exploration of previous areas kind of pointless. I do intend to include the location of the monster girls in the Monsterpedia (menu) when I fix the damn thing.

Thanks for the feedback. I see you are just at the beginning, and I hope you like the rest of the adventure.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
That reminds me.
1670179726414.png
Better phrasing would be "I want coexistence!", or "I'm fighting for coexistence!" ("coexistence" is uncountable in this context, referring to the concept of coexistence between humans and monsters, so there would be no "the" preceding it). Regardless, this scenario doesn't really work for me, for multiple reasons.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
In the VN, maybe, I didn't play the entire game again for a long time but I don't remember this being her motivation (I mean, she basically died a villain, how exactly did she convince anyone of anything? And it's not like her plan gone wrong), and you are bringing things from Paradox here. To me the Evaluations aren't real, it's just a fourth wall break with the game joking about itself, if Paradox states otherwise, I don't know nor am I considering it. In this version, Ilias motivation gonna be:

As for the Goddess sword in the VN.

As for Luka going to the Pope. It just happened off-screen. So much so that King Aquiles mentions that the Pope told him Luka refused the sword. I just thought that the first time you see Luka's decision had to be with Alice (for the impact), and thought it was kinda pointless to show the same thing again but for the Pope. So it happens off-screen before Luka goes to talk to Alice. Maybe I should include a line mentioning it during the dialog if that is bothering you.

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
I didn't play the entire game again for a long time but I don't remember this being her motivation (I mean, she basically died a villain, how exactly did she convince anyone of anything? And it's not like her plan gone wrong)
It was lampshaded a bit when Micaela explained her backstory. She created an entire religion around the idea that she was the one who'd created everything, and that monsters were just the offshoot of a fallen angel that rebelled against her. Yet not only was her influence of humanity's growth limited due to the nature of her powers, there was an antithetical being that could influence the genes of animals and directly create a grand assortment of creatures from them. Her flaws are loneliness and envy, and when she can't get what she wants, she takes it by force. But she would simply prefer them to do what she says without questioning it, because she views herself as a Goddess that should be followed on those merits alone.
Also... what? There was like a whole moment between Luka and Ilias at the end of the game about how people's self-perception of their roles influences how they act. She even outlines exactly why she acts the way she does, then proceeds to save Luka's life.
---I was alone, for an eternity. The only other existence was darkness, with which I was completely repelled from. Even if I split my own being and created others... It wasn't any different from simply speaking to myself. The animals crawling on the ground... I prayed for the time when they could speak to me on equal terms. Yes... It all began with that wish. Hundreds of millions of years have passed since then. Those people on the ground now revere me as their God. And so I acted as the God they wished for. I forgot my reason for being lonely, and took on the role of a God. Before I realized it... I became dependent on their attention. Why did I desire humans so? Did I simply want someone to talk to? Or did I truly wish to be a God over others? After this eternity of time, I can't remember myself. I must be a God. Because if I wasn't... Who would I be?
Ilias: If the people forget their God, and don't require one any longer... Then what would I be? What reason does a Goddess have to exist, if she isn't wanted? A world that needs no God...
Luka:.........
This reminds me of when I spoke with Alice. When I was obsessed with the idea of what it meant to be a "Hero". And Alice was tied up with what it meant to be the "Monster Lord"... Everyone is bound by their viewpoint on life. Even Ilias seems to be no exception to that...
Ilias: The meaning of my existence was wrapped up in the thought of being a God. Was it all a mistake...?
Luka: If you wanted to be a God, there was no reason to rule with force... Simply watching over would have been enough.
Ilias:........... Luka, look at your hand.
Luka: ...Yes, I know. I knew before this battle started that this may happen.
My hand is already turning into pure holy energy. My body is slowly being eroded away... It's the price of using all of that power until now. I came here knowing the risk...
Ilias: My existence will fade... But I have just a little power left. With the last of it... I'll stop the erosion of holy energy on your body.
Luka: You... Will help me?
Ilias: In the end, I want to do something God-like... Congratulating the Hero who saved the world... That's the duty a God should perform...
Luka: Ilias...
A soft light clings to my body... And with that, the holy erosion on my body is reversed!
Ilias: Now go, True Hero Luka. You have people waiting for you... \
Like yeah, she's still the antagonist of the story, and it doesn't absolve her of her atrocities, but "she basically died a villain"? That's not what happened.

Regardless, the Evaluations are canon. They are referenced outside of dying-
Scholar B: I'm studying the old scriptures. I specialize in deciphering ancient texts. But right now I'm stuck on a mysterious phrase in chapter seven paragraph three of this book... "Whomsoever troubles thy goddess with repeated Evaluation Meetings shall receive judgement." What does this mean? If you do this "Evaluation Meeting" too many times, you will be judged? This is the first time this [Evaluation Meeting] has been mentioned in any text... How mysterious...
-and in the penultimate Evaluation, Ilias mentions that she has done this for the sole purpose of leading Luka to the point where she would be freed from Black Alice and wield the power of Holy and Darkness.
Ilias: Heh... Hahahaha! You're pathetic, Luka. You know that? Did you really think I was some piece of Ilias that was still good? I am the one and only Goddess! transcend Good and Evil! ...That's right, I've been deceiving you this entire time. You have no idea how difficult it was... To stifle my laughter as you danced in my palm, that is. Everything has been to lead you to defeat Black Alice after she absorbed me. To that end, I provided you with this assistance. Haha... I bet you never thought that was the reason for these, did you? You've been doing exactly what I've wanted, this whole time. Ah, yes, there's no more evaluation meetings. I'll defeat you no matter how many times you try!
Even after losing against Black Alice for the first time, Ilias implies that she's given these same Evaluations to Heinrich when he was alive.
Ilias: So you were defeated by Black Alice and came here... For some reason, I'm starting to get nostalgic about Heinrich's time... Her attacks are very strong, but you can avoid many of them with a serene state. Still, her painful attacks will hit every so often. Keep some SP available for healing. In addition, if you're defeated while she rapes you, there will be an additional insult. I won't say you should watch it... Now go, oh brave Heinr... I mean, Luka. Like the ancient legendary Hero, you should be able to win as well."
There would be no reason to mention these details unless the Evaluations were canon.

Ilias appeared to the Pope in a dream asking him to give Luka a sword that the Monster Lord could break by accident? Why bother?
Could be a combination of two factors.
A. Alice's powers are underestimated. The Monster Encyclopedia describes her as stronger than her predecessors outside of The First-
The 16th Monster Lord, outside of the founding Monster Lord, she is the most powerful of them all.
-and Tamamo mentions that if something went wrong with her upbringing after her mom died, she could've become an even worse disaster than Black Alice.
Tamamo:...My method of upbringing was bad. I had to ensure she didn't end up detesting humanity. One wrong move, and she would turn into an existence that lives only for revenge, filled with hatred of man. Were that to happen, the disaster would be even worse than Alice the 8th, 500 years ago... Due to that, she was not allowed out of the castle before she was raised... But as a side effect, she is quite ignorant of the ways of the world...
Similarly, part of Ilias' short-sightedness doesn't account for her strength, and thus Alice breaks the sword immediately.
B. Alice can be killed with a mere Iron Sword (+17 Attack). It's not just the strength of the weapon that's important, it's the skill and context in which it's wielded. It's similar to how Alice XV's skin is hard enough that it can't be scratched with normal weapons, yet Marcellus finished her off with one. You could argue this is just them holding back and accepting the destiny they've imposed on themselves, but then how would that affect durability? The person holding the sword has to be taken into account as well.

Especially if that was part of her 5D chess, I mean, there's no way she could plan for Alice to give Luka the Four Spirits.
No, but she doesn't stop him from doing so because she knows it's the only way for him to get powerful. Just like she lets him learn the Cursed Sword techniques from Alice. These ideas are echoed in the Evaluations.
Ilias: You were beaten by Granberia, one of the Four Heavenly Knights...? Unfortunately, there is no way you can beat her. However, if you use your strongest technique, you might open a road. ...I can't easily forgive a Hero who uses the skill of a Monster, though. Only for you, Luka, will I overlook it. Now go, oh brave Luka. Someday you will be able to defeat those four...
Ilias: Losing to a monster like that... Were you trying to fight normally, or something? You can't fight Page 17 in a normal way. The only way to damage a slippery monster like that is with your fastest attack. In addition, she has a troublesome paralysis attack... She has very low HP, so you must finish the fight quickly! Now go, oh brave Luka. Though you don't need to read such a book.. Still, you must not let a monster get the best of you.
Ilias: Did you enjoy becoming a large spider's food? Being raped like that... Are you happy with that outcome? Her most dangerous attack is the [Viscous Silk Spray]. Once you take this attack, your fate is sealed. The only way to stop it is to summon Sylph and create a wall of wind. If you do that, you can blow away her attack.. ...Even if she's a spirit, she's still a monster. It is outrageous to have to rely on her power... But if you use it to crush monsters, I'll tolerate it. Handle her like a rag, and throw her away when she's no longer useful. Now go, oh brave Luka. The new land is waiting for your assistance...
It's setting up the idea very early on that there's a difference between the "hero" that Ilias sets him up as, and the "fake hero" that Luka embarks as on his journey. While Ilias knows a lot, she can't account for every eventuality. That's why she abuses the Return Network like she does so that Luka can't truly die until he (the player) has given up.

In fact, for 5D chess, she didn't play any piece before the invasion (except for Black Alice). I still think you are overthinking.
She had to:
A. Ensure that Luka got strong enough that he could defeat Alice XVI.
B. Ensure that he would become even stronger in the aftermath of the 4 Spirits being sealed away.
C. Ensure that the 2 factions (Black Alice and Promestein) working for her would plan to overthrow her, with the vessel she's used to house Alice I's power consuming her, with both of them completely in the dark about her true intentions behind sparing the both of them.
D. Luka would ultimately defeat said vessel, free Ilias, and allow her to wield the powers of Darkness and Holy in order to become a true Goddess.
It's a bit more involved than just sparing Black Alice's life.

I've mentioned this before, but you really should take a look at the Script of the original game. You might have to use Ctrl+F a lot because of how disorganized it is, but it does have all the dialogue from the game.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Wow... what a wall of text. I've read everything, but I'm tired right now so I'll just answer something that was obviously wrong.
A. Ensure that Luka got strong enough that he could defeat Alice XVI. (She had no part of it, the sword was bullshit, and without Alice giving him the Four Spirits, something Ilias had no way of anticipating, all her plans would go down)
B. Ensure that he would become even stronger in the aftermath of the 4 Spirits being sealed away (again she had not part of it, even because she didn't plan for the Four Spirits to begin with, and did nothing to teach him about his hidden powers).
C. Ensure that the 2 factions (Black Alice and Promestein) working for her would plan to overthrow her, with the vessel she's used to house Alice I's power consuming her, with both of them completely in the dark about her true intentions behind sparing the both of them (only happens after the invasion, and as I said she did move Black Alice).
D. Luka would ultimately defeat said vessel, free Ilias, and allow her to wield the powers of Darkness and Holy in order to become a true Goddess. (If she actually needed Luka to do it, which would be bullshit to trust everything on him, she was absorbed, how did she make the evaluation and timeloop in case of his defeat if those were actually real? And may I remind you that her plan, began 500 years ago when she saved Black Alice, Luka wasn't even born, also Remina, happened 30 years also before he was born, how the hell did he make part of the said plan? Was she waiting for someone like him? Which means an angel son? Did she need a fallen angel for that?)

Also, the citation of the priest about the evaluations, it's a way for the game to tell you about Ilias's handjob, in other words, another fourth wall break. Ilias mentioning them during the last evaluation, it's a fitting joke for she who keeps breaking the fourth wall, she couldn't give the player a hint on how to defeat her.

I mean, the only way you could convince me those are real is if Luka mentions them himself. Because if he doesn't, it means he doesn't remember, if he doesn't remember no variable was changed during the time loop, so reality would just play itself again with no changes. If I'm not mistaken, Luka also mentions that he was a virgin when he had his first time with Alice, which proves he doesn't remember getting raped before.

Rest my case.

Last edited:

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
You know, it's pointless to keep discussing a fiction game. The only guy who could answer the questions is the writer of said game. Even if you are right, it only means the writer was too subtle in his approach considering that a big fan of the game like me (who likes it enough to start this fan project) wasn't able to see it when I played it.

In any case, even if you are right, I won't include that in this project, because if Ilias has the power to turn back time, she is basically invincible, and I don't find it satisfying for an ending in which you just play your role on her plan.

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
(She had no part of it, the sword was bullshit, and without Alice giving him the Four Spirits, something Ilias had no way of anticipating, all her plans would go down)
The return network.
(again she had not part of it, even because she didn't plan for the Four Spirits to begin with, and did nothing to teach him about his hidden powers)
The return network.
(only happens after the invasion, and as I said she did move Black Alice)
Okay, and she also "moved" Promestein; what difference does it make whether it takes place before or after the invasion?
(If she actually needed Luka to do it, which would be bullshit to trust everything on him, she was absorbed, how did she make the evaluation and timeloop in case of his defeat if those were actually real? And may I remind you that her plan, began 500 years ago when she saved Black Alice, Luka wasn't even born, also Remina, happened 30 years also before he was born, how the hell did he make part of the said plan? Was she waiting for someone like him? Which means an angel son? Did she need a fallen angel for that?)
For starters, she does not actually "need" Luka in order to enact the Re-Creation Plan. It would've happened without him, she would just need to move up her timetable a lot. As TTR said:
Q.前章や中章でルカがやられた場合、終章で起こる一連の事件はどうなるのでしょうか?やはりイリアス様が頃合いを見て魔王城を攻めてそこで終わるのでしょうか?また、キャラクターの強さを序列にするとどうなるのでしょうか?個人的にS級・・・イリアス、ハインリヒ。A級・・・ルカ、アリス、六祖玉藻、本気アルマエルマ、エデン、ルシフィナ、黒のアリス、プロメステイン。B級・・・グランベリア、エルベティエ、シロム、マルケルス。こんなかんじで勝手に考察してるんですが・・・
A.いつかは再創世計画が始まるでしょうが、ルカが女神に叛意を示した場合(終章正規ルート)よりもはるか先になると思われます。数百年規模で先の話になるため、その危機に直面するのは数世代先の人間や魔物達でしょう。

or

Q. If Luka is killed in the previous and middle chapters, what will happen to the series of incidents that occur in the final chapter? After all, will Ilias-sama see the time and attack the Demon King's Castle and end there? Also, what happens when you rank the strength of the characters? Personally, S-class... Ilias, Heinrich. Class A: Luka, Alice, Rokuso Tamamo, Serious Alma Elma, Eden, Lucifina, Black Alice, and Promestein. Class B: Granbelia, Hervetier, Silom, Marcellus. I'm just thinking about it like this...
A.> If Luka is killed in the previous and middle chapters, what will happen to the series of incidents that occur in the final chapter?
Someday the re-creation plan will begin, but it seems to be far ahead of the case where Luke shows rebellion against the goddess (final chapter regular route). Since it will be hundreds of years in the future, it will be humans and monsters that will face the crisis several generations ahead.
It's just that, of any human on the planet in the current era, Luka shows the most promise as a descendant of Heinrich and Lucifina.

Simply put, the reason why Ilias can still use her powers is because Ilias hasn't died yet. Despite her efforts, Black Alice couldn't successfully integrate the Holy energy she absorbed from Ilias. Despite her efforts, Ilias couldn't successfully integrate the Darkness energy she absorbed from Black Alice. As such, when Luka dies, the only way for Black Alice to succeed in devouring the world is if Luka (the player) gives up.

Besides that, according to Micaela, Ilias has been developing the Re-Creation Plan since the sealing of Dark God Alipheese.
Luka: Wait a second... But Ilias is slaughtering monsters. Thirty years ago, she massacred monsters at Remina... And isn't this re-creation she's trying to do going to kill all of the monsters...?
Micaela: Of course... Ilias has spent a long time trying to find a way around that. From the moment Dark God Alipheese was sealed, she has been thinking of countermeasures. Developing a new seal... Or a way to manipulate the balance... Measures for the worst case scenario... If she were to revive. And at last, she decided to order her smartest angels to create a new type of monster.
Luka: Smart angels... Promestein!?
Micaela: As I said earlier, Alipheese was skilled at directly manipulating organisms. Ilias focused on that, and ordered her subordinate angels to study the underlying principles. Focused on that, it took them roughly 500 years. As a result, they decided on a policy of letting a monster manage the flow of dark magic. For that purpose, Ilias singled out Alipheese the Eighth. When she was struck down by the Hero, Ilias saved her life. Under the condition that she would manage the dark monster magic as the world was recreated...
She didn't just see Black Alice one day and said "All right, I can form a plan around this". She was just the optimal pawn to use at the time for the plan that was already 500 years in the making at that point. As it happens, the "smart angels" that Ilias used to come to conclusion of needing a vessel didn't include Promestein; she didn't join Ilias until after Black Alice had joined Ilias' ranks, when Black Alice bargained for her release in order to "help" Ilias.

Was she waiting for someone like him?
Someone with as much potential as Luka, yes. But as I've said before, he had the most potential at that point in time. If he failed before the end of Chapter 2 (the player gives up, Luka doesn't go back to before he dies), she would justpostpone her plans for several generations ahead.

Also, the citation of the priest about the evaluations, it's a way for the game to tell you about Ilias's handjob, in other words, another fourth wall break.
That's not a 4th wall break, though. That's just explaining a mechanic, like what other side characters say when you talk to them. Regardless, even if it were a 4th wall break, it's something that the characters already accept, such as the existence of Amira.
Luka: Why is it posing like that with no pants?
Amira: I don't have a choice... I only have this one picture...
...Don't talk about your own CG.
Amira: Of course I came again. I'm the surprise true heroine, after all.
Alice: When did you become the heroine!? Don't joke around like that!
...Why is she angry?
Like, this game is known for making references and nods to things (like that Minotaur that took an arrow to the knee). There'sa the running gag with Citizen A, AKA "Cervantes". The title "Monster Girl Quest" itself is a not-so-subtle reference to Dragon Quest. Just because Ilias leans on the 4th wall sometimes while doing an Evaluation doesn't mean it's not canon, it just means that Ilias leans on the 4th wall sometimes, which other characters do in the story as well.
Also, since Word of God works for you, here's TTR confirming that the Evaluations are canon by way of Heinrich.
Q.ハインリヒやマルケルスも反省会に出たことがあったのでしょうか?
A.作中で示唆されているように、ハインリヒはあったようです。マルケルスは反省会に出た事はありません。

or

Q.Have Heinrich and Marcellus ever attended a review meeting?
A. As suggested in the work, Heinrich seems to have existed. Marcellus never attended a review meeting.
If I'm not mistaken, Luka also mentions that he was a virgin when he had his first time with Alice
He doesn't, though. Alice is the one insisting that he's a virgin. The closest in this scene is this exchange.
Alice: Well... That was pretty good for a first time. You did good, Luka.
Luka: You mean my first...?
Alice: No you idiot, mine! That was my first time having sex. I was a maiden.
But according to Word of God, yes, Luka is a virgin. At the same time, however, his narration during Bad Ends is more explicit than one would expect because of "creative circumstances".
Q.ナメクジ娘の陵辱回想を見るとルカさんは人間の女性器を知っているようですが、本当に童貞だったのでしょうか?
A.確かに童貞です。ただ創作的な事情にもなりますが、童貞少年の一人称描写だとどうしても文が稚拙になってしまいます……そこら辺の事情をお察し下さい。

or

Q. Looking at the slug girl's rape recollection, it seems that Luka knows about human female genitals, but was he really a virgin?
A. He is definitely a virgin. It's just a matter of creative circumstances, but the first-person depiction of a virgin boy would inevitably be poorly written... Please understand the circumstances around here.
Sometimes creative liberties have to be made because, even though MGQ is pretty awesome, it is, at the end of the day, a porn game specialized around the shota protagonist in femdom scenarios with no reversal, plus a bunch of niche stuff like vore/tentacles/unbirth. If we're to take inconsistencies with time loop differences into account (this game was completed 4 years before the world was graced with SHRIFT's existence), we would also have to take Luka's knowledge of vaginas that he shouldn't into account as well.

because if Ilias has the power to turn back time, she is basically invincible
The scope of her powers isn't that strong, she can only reverse the time of the world when an individual's soul leaves its body. Her powers are related to the idea that souls return to the heavens upon their death, and Ilias has some role in their eventual reincarnation (although how this process works isn't elaborated on). This process also includes monster souls.
Even primordial beings at Ilias/Alipheese I's level don't have true mastery over time, only conceptual characters like White Rabbit come close, but that's approaching MGQ Paradox territory.

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
I think my main issue with this game is that it's called a remake, but it's more of a reimagining. Like remember when FFVII Remake got released, and people were mad because instead of just remaking the game, it's more of a continuation of the original FFVII with time shenanigans (similar to Paradox in a sense, except it was actually marketed as such)? Well imagine that, except you replace the time shenanigans and light retconning to fit the characters and storybeats added from the subsequent material, with fundamental lore changes that completely change the context of the game.
*Luka's the descendant of a Monster Lord (probably Black Alice, but I won't hold my breath if it's an OC of some kind).
*Laura and the Queen Mermaid are two different people (personal stakes are lost).
*Chrome's age is more in-line with her physical appearance, meaning that her relationship with Shirome is probably completely different (Shirome was outcasted during the XV's reign when she exhibited the Cirque du Croix to her, and that took place after Chrome fumbled that experiment that nearly killed her. So unless the new lore involves those events taking place during the XVI's reign instead, meaning that the assassinations of Titania, Roza, Fernandez, Aria, Refletsia, and Zenovia were moved up ~<50 years in the timeline, the plot makes a lot less sense. If not, the personal stakes are lost because Chrome and Shirome aren't sisters, and the "black/white" theme they've got going on with their names and outfits is less important. Shirome, at that point, is just a random member of the Artiste Family who disgraced it, and Chrome is just a descendant of the Artistes trying to restore her legacy because of someone she's never met).

If all this game did was add stuff that would've been nice to see in the original game (RPG Elements, extra sidequests, temporary party members, monster boys, baptized heroes that are story relevant and serve as a diet Ilias Kreuz, mystery guy that's reminiscent of St. Germain from Curse of Darkness), that would've been fine. No complaints from me aside from the glitches, sequence breaks, and grindy aspects of this game. As it stands, for everything the game adds to the original, there's other stuff in the game that strips all the nuance away. There's only so much I can appreciate about the game before I'm immediately reminded of how Lucifina gets gimped in this continuity because she had character flaws that the original had already addressed, or that Luka can't use Meditation in-battle because the author thinks it's unrealistic that characters can use certain moves without being interrupted (in a turn-based RPG where the player character is attacked by the opponent pulling his pants and wanking him off), or that Ilias has to brainwash Luka to get what she wants (which if she's ready and willing to do, then literally what's stopping Ilias from just teleporting Luka into heaven, throwing him into Throne Eggiel, and remaking him into an angel that's completely obedient to her?).
Q.エグエルの図鑑解説によると『男性を卵に受精させた場合、産まれてくる天使は雌雄同体になる』とありますが、エグエルに敗北したルカさんは、つまりどういう姿で転生されてくるのでしょうか?それと人間が天使に転生した場合、人間の時の意識はどの程度残っているものでしょうか?
A.性別も記憶も、エグエルの思うがままに産み直せます。ルカの場合は、試験的に男の天使として転生させられるのではないでしょうか。

or

Q.According to Eggiel's encyclopedia commentary, "If a man is fertilized with an egg, the angel that is born will be a hermaphrodite." ? Also, if humans reincarnate as angels, how much of their human consciousness remains?
A.Gender and memories can be reborn as Eggiel wishes. In the case of Luka, I think he will be reincarnated as a male angel on a trial basis.
None of this is meant as discouragement from not developing the game. It's just my critique.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
As for the Goddess sword in the VN.

your both ignoring the fact the goddess sword was in it's weakest state at the time. the weapon itself was meant to be upgraded/empowered over the course of Luka's journey.

Wow... what a wall of text. I've read everything, but I'm tired right now so I'll just answer something that was obviously wrong.
A. Ensure that Luka got strong enough that he could defeat Alice XVI. (She had no part of it, the sword was bullshit, and without Alice giving him the Four Spirits, something Ilias had no way of anticipating, all her plans would go down)
B. Ensure that he would become even stronger in the aftermath of the 4 Spirits being sealed away (again she had not part of it, even because she didn't plan for the Four Spirits to begin with, and did nothing to teach him about his hidden powers).
while i agree that Luka receiving aid from all four spirits was not planned for him, contracting some of them wasn't unexpected as it's been stated that many heroes and their companions have made contact with the spirits in the past but, contracting all four is a rare occurrence among this.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
your both ignoring the fact the goddess sword was in it's weakest state at the time. the weapon itself was meant to be upgraded/empowered over the course of Luka's journey.

while i agree that Luka receiving aid from all four spirits was not planned for him, contracting some of them wasn't unexpected as it's been stated that many heroes and their companions have made contact with the spirits in the past but, contracting all four is a rare occurrence among this.
What are you talking about? If I remember right, Luka was supposed to complete a quest, a big one, to get that sword. A sword that grows with the user needs to be received soon, or else the user will outgrow the sword, requiring better weapons that would be available with ordinary materials.

Without Alice pushing and having a legendary weapon in hand, it's doubtful Ilias would plan for him to do something she was against to begin with (get together with monster girls), nor Luka would be tempted to do it. The best advantage we could hope for in this case would be Ilias teaching him to use the hidden powers to replace the spirits, but then again that goes back to why she needed Luka.

I've read the explanations and nuances, and I'm still not convinced. Don't get me wrong. I believe this interview with Torotoro is real, and that was his idea (including this "evaluations being canon" idea), but looks more like an afterthought than actually a plan fitting everything. Great authors aren't immune to making shitty decisions in their great works, Death Note is the best example of this. It's mostly great (does have some hiccups), but when a certain main character dies, it becomes all shit. No matter how many times I remember Death Note, I'll always remember that scene that summarizes how bad the last part was. Mr. Yagami holding the Death Note threatening Melo (who was in front of him) to write his name on it... Which could be nice, if Mr. Yagami wasn't armed. The Death Note takes 40 seconds to kill, a gun takes half a second. I still like Death Note, especially after the Dorama came and fixed every single issue I had (I'm not meaning that Netflix's piece of shit, but the Japanese Dorama of 11 episodes which retells the story with... changes and additions. Yeah, I was inspired by that when I was taking my decisions here).

Kenshi2k

Aug 13, 2019
Sorry, I got a big job recently and have been really busy. The current state is the same as my last update. December has been a really busy month for me, and one that will solve 90% of my problems. Sorry for not seeing your post before.
ok, thanks for the reply

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
i arrived at gain earth spirit.. what should i do now? have i ended current game version?
This version only ends after the cutscene after defeating Gnome. If you only got the quest, then you should move to the monster girl village up north and meet the brownies for their quest, after that, you should be teleported to Safaru, were Gnome is.

manXone

Oct 22, 2019
This version only ends after the cutscene after defeating Gnome. If you only got the quest, then you should move to the monster girl village up north and meet the brownies for their quest, after that, you should be teleported to Safaru, were Gnome is.
Yeah i mean i have defeated gnome and took her so i have done everything, now it should be water spirit but need time i think to update to come out, thanks a lot for answer and hope new update will come as well soon XD
I can t wait for Archangel Marielle honestly... i love footjobs and she has exactly that... but i think will need time before she ll be in game :')
Wish to you a happy new year

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes