RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Anyone got this to work ?

^ A patch for Paradox that enables companion lines even when they aren't in party.
A mod for MGQ:p that allows your companions to interact with NPCs without being in the party. Just drop the files into the "patch" folder
"Patch.rb" was altered to load in additional Patch Files however the version is for v2.23. I would not recommend replacing this file with an older version since it needs resigned however resigning it isn't hard if you look at Script ▽ パッチスクリプト読込 ver5.
Script_00000379_▽ パッチスクリプト読込 ver5.txt

The "All_Talk.rb" seems to override "actor_label_jump" to include $game_party.all_members & $game_party.stand_members however in certain instances this will likely give you odd results.

Light testing seems to be working.

Also translated the Patch error message if the signed signature doesn't pass.
2021-12-04_14-57-45.png

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
"Patch.rb" was altered to load in additional Patch Files however the version is for v2.23. I would not recommend replacing this file with an older version since it needs resigned however resigning it isn't hard if you look at Script ▽ パッチスクリプト読込 ver5.
Script_00000379_▽ パッチスクリプト読込 ver5.txt

The "All_Talk.rb" seems to override "actor_label_jump" to include $game_party.all_members & $game_party.stand_members however in certain instances this will likely give you odd results.

Light testing seems to be working.

Also translated the Patch error message if the signed signature doesn't pass.
View attachment 1530343
You can also drop it in patch directory and rename 2.23 to 2.41, or use patch.rb from OP, since it is same modified file as the one in all talk mod except just renamed to 2.41

Reactions: masterdragonson

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
Did you try the or compiling the ones from ?

The process is a lot easier if you have the files decrypted as you just overwrite the old files.
Both? Let me see if I'm doing the process right first of all.

I download the patches, then unzip them in a separate folder. Once that's complete, I manually copy and transfer them to the old folders and replace whatever is needed. Is that correct? I'm sure there's a faster way, but up until now that's how I did it and it worked lol.

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Both? Let me see if I'm doing the process right first of all.

I download the patches, then unzip them in a separate folder. Once that's complete, I manually copy and transfer them to the old folders and replace whatever is needed. Is that correct? I'm sure there's a faster way, but up until now that's how I did it and it worked lol.
One or the other. The first is what I offer as the translation tool can be a bit finicky but the second allows you to manually patch it yourself (given you also keep a clean copy of the japanese version around).

1st is faster but you need to make sure the game is decrypted...
Do a quick check to see if this file is in the Main Game Directory next to "Game.exe"
File Name: Game.rgss3a

If so then that file is overriding anything in the "Data" folder but BEFORE removing it make sure it's decrypted first or you'll be back with missing file errors :geek:

PS: Having the game decrypted also allows you to update it without having to redownload the entire game.

Note: If you believe you got everything in order and are still stumped try taking a screenshot of the Main Game Directory and "Data" folder so I can see what you see.

Reactions: Mister_Mystery

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
I'm sure there's a faster way, but up until now that's how I did it and it worked lol.
If there is, it would be unzipping them in your game folder, assuming you wont mix up the files in doing so, otherwise, you are already using faster method since you are using files prepared by others rather than doing it yourself (2nd method(manual)).

If you are stuck in manual patching, you got a guide on page 15.

Last edited:

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
One or the other. The first is what I offer as the translation tool can be a bit finicky but the second allows you to manually patch it yourself (given you also keep a clean copy of the japanese version around).

1st is faster but you need to make sure the game is decrypted...
Do a quick check to see if this file is in the Main Game Directory next to "Game.exe"
File Name: Game.rgss3a

If so then that file is overriding anything in the "Data" folder but BEFORE removing it make sure it's decrypted first or you'll be back with missing file errors :geek:

PS: Having the game decrypted also allows you to update it without having to redownload the entire game.

Note: If you believe you got everything in order and are still stumped try taking a screenshot of the Main Game Directory and "Data" folder so I can see what you see.
msqscreenshot.jpg

It's a mess I know. I transferred all the unzipped audio/blobs/data/graphics/etc that I unzipped from 2.41 into their respective folders,but not sure where the actors/classes/enemies/skills/states/system/troops and what not go so I just left them in the main folder. And I don't know what you mean by decrypted? Sorry. I used Ytinasni.RpgMaker.Translator and Gameselector from Azor's page a while back.

Once again, just want to thank you guys for being helpful.

• Thinking Face

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
If there is, it would be unzipping them in your game folder, assuming you wont mix up the files in doing so, otherwise, you are already using faster method since you are using files prepared by others rather than doing it yourself (2nd method(manual)).

If you are stuck in manual patching, you got a guide on page 15.
Thanks. I didn't realize that page exist. I'll try looking at it tomorrow once I'm a little more sober, haha. According to what I read quickly so far, looks like I don't have the game decrypted.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
View attachment 1531248

It's a mess I know. I transferred all the unzipped audio/blobs/data/graphics/etc that I unzipped from 2.41 into their respective folders,but not sure where the actors/classes/enemies/skills/states/system/troops and what not go so I just left them in the main folder. And I don't know what you mean by decrypted? Sorry. I used Ytinasni.RpgMaker.Translator and Gameselector from Azor's page a while back.

Looks like everything got piled together...

If you were trying the Ytinasni translation tool you want the "out" folder as that tool will not alter the original clean japanese copy because it needs that as a master copy to make changes to.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In short I'll say:
  • Using the Translation Tool you need a clean japanese copy of the game, the original doesn't get translated and any work it does goes to the "out" folder.
  • In the event this is confusing just try extracting the Pre-Patched files into the Main Game Directory then run "Game.exe".
  • Since you didn't show off the "Data" folder do a check to see if you have a "Data" folder inside your "Data" folder as it won't read that right. If you haven't overwritten any files during the extraction well that's a problem.
Sober up and be sure you're overwriting files when trying the Pre-Patched version.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
View attachment 1531248

You should re-download fresh copy from OP, since i bet if you will try to tidy up things on your end you will end up with either removing too little or too much.

Bitbucket files are only if you use translation tool, if you dont, you should only need the pre-patched files from masterdragonson.

If you are trying to use the tool, you can extract and run it from a different folder to avoid the "mess" like you have.

Thanks. I didn't realize that page exist. I'll try looking at it tomorrow once I'm a little more sober, haha. According to what I read quickly so far, looks like I don't have the game decrypted.
You need more sobering. you do not have game.rgss3a in your folder. So it is decrypted, but a mess. The version in OP is also already decrypted.

Last edited:

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
Looks like everything got piled together...

If you were trying the Ytinasni translation tool you want the "out" folder as that tool will not alter the original clean japanese copy because it needs that as a master copy to make changes to.

In short I'll say:
  • Using the Translation Tool you need a clean japanese copy of the game, the original doesn't get translated and any work it does goes to the "out" folder.
  • In the event this is confusing just try extracting the Pre-Patched files into the Main Game Directory then run "Game.exe".
  • Since you didn't show off the "Data" folder do a check to see if you have a "Data" folder inside your "Data" folder as it won't read that right. If you haven't overwritten any files during the extraction well that's a problem.
Sober up and be sure you're overwriting files when trying the Pre-Patched version.
Alright, I'm not going to lie. I understood about 1/3 of what you said lol. I'm still pretty new to all this and kind of just self teaching myself as I go along, so I apologize. That said, a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

If I still want to use the Ytinasni translation tool, I could patch it by replacing the files in the Out folder, correct? I think that's what I did to upgrade to 2.35. After I replace the files, is there anything else I need to do?

What you're showing me with your image- is that what it looks like if I were to use Game.rvproj2? Is there any instructions on this board that would show me how to use it? If not that's cool, I can google it too, no biggie.

My data folder has 767 items 0_0 is that correct? This is a cumulation of every transferring data files from 2.3 all the way up to 2.41.

Lastly, what is thee uh...file that you attached? Lol. God I feel like a fool. Thanks for helping out.

• Thinking Face

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
If I still want to use the Ytinasni translation tool, I could patch it by replacing the files in the Out folder, correct? I think that's what I did to upgrade to 2.35. After I replace the files, is there anything else I need to do?
No, manual patching translation and updating game by adding missing files are 2 different things.

Also the "out" folder is made by the translator tool making a playable translated game at the very end, you add files from bitbucket elsewhere and sooner, did you really read the instruction on page 15 and on bitbucket?

What you're showing me with your image- is that what it looks like if I were to use Game.rvproj2? Is there any instructions on this board that would show me how to use it? If not that's cool, I can google it too, no biggie.
you do not need to do anything with game.rvproj2, it is not needed for adding translation.

My data folder has 767 items 0_0 is that correct? This is a cumulation of every transferring data files from 2.3 all the way up to 2.41.
Read instruction on page 15!!!!!

Edit: Also you did not read the instruction on masterdragonson's post where he has his incremental updates when you were adding updates.

Untitled4.jpg

You were supposed to delete those files yourself

Just do yourself a favor and download clean version from OP

Lastly, what is thee uh...file that you attached? Lol. God I feel like a fool. Thanks for helping out.
Game exe with custom icon..

Last edited:

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
No, manual patching translation and updating game by adding missing files are 2 different things.

Also the "out" folder is made by the translator tool making a playable translated game at the very end, you add files from bitbucket elsewhere and sooner, did you really read the instruction on page 15 and on bitbucket?

you do not need to do anything with game.rvproj2, it is not needed for adding translation.

Read instruction on page 15!!!!!

Edit: Also you did not read the instruction on masterdragonson's post where he has his incremental updates when you were adding updates.

View attachment 1532048

You were supposed to delete those files yourself

Just do yourself a favor and download clean version from OP

Game exe with custom icon..
Damn. I really missed the part about removing those files.

When you say download a clean version, do you mean the one from page 87?

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
I mean the 1st post in the thread (page 1)
Alright. Let me try that and I'll get back to you guys. The other day I tried the files on page 87 under MGQ Paradox 2.41 Data 11-28-2021.rar and the using that Ytinasni translation tool, but couldn't get it work, which was why I resorted to try to patch my old version of 2.35. Thanks again.

• Thinking Face

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Alright. Let me try that and I'll get back to you guys. The other day I tried the files on page 87 under MGQ Paradox 2.41 Data 11-28-2021.rar and the using that Ytinasni translation tool, but couldn't get it work, which was why I resorted to try to patch my old version of 2.35. Thanks again.
For MGQ Paradox 2.41 Data 11-28-2021.rar, you just extract it and overwrite the "data" folder of your full up-to-date game. You do not need to use translator tool if you use those.

Also they will not work correctly in older versions.

Also manual patching older version of the game with the tool will not work correctly either.

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
For MGQ Paradox 2.41 Data 11-28-2021.rar, you just extract it and overwrite the "data" folder of your full up-to-date game. You do not need to use translator tool if you use those.

Also they will not work correctly in older versions.

Also manual patching older version of the game with the tool will not work correctly either.
Thank you. Next question...I have it dl now and extracted. So it's in Japanese. Is my next step to replace the script files? But I don't see a script folder after the extraction.

• Thinking Face

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Thank you. Next question...I have it dl now and extracted. So it's in Japanese. Is my next step to replace the script files? But I don't see a script folder after the extraction.
You can either
A) use MGQ Paradox 2.41 Data 11-28-2021.rar and replace "Data" folder
B) patch manually following the guide on page 15 or bitbucket.

• Red Heart

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
You can either
A) use MGQ Paradox 2.41 Data 11-28-2021.rar and replace "Data" folder
B) patch manually following the guide on page 15 or bitbucket.
Went with route A and it worked. Thank you for talking a moron like me through the process. I'm sure you guys hear it a lot, but we really do appreciate the help. Kind of mad at myself for not asking for help earlier and probably made so many mistakes trying to patch it myself wasting many hours. Now to write this all down so I don't forget whenever the next update comes along :)

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Went with route A and it worked. Thank you for talking a moron like me through the process. I'm sure you guys hear it a lot, but we really do appreciate the help. Kind of mad at myself for not asking for help earlier and probably made so many mistakes trying to patch it myself wasting many hours. Now to write this all down so I don't forget whenever the next update comes along :)
Manual patching, once you get used to it, takes around 5 to 10 minutes depending on your pc.

• Wow

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Alright, I'm not going to lie. I understood about 1/3 of what you said lol. I'm still pretty new to all this and kind of just self teaching myself as I go along, so I apologize. That said, a few questions if you don't mind me asking.
Go for it :geek:

It's possible though the "out" folder gets refreshed when you use the Ytinasni translation tool.
Doing it this way might cause confusion as things you've done get undone.

Those images were how the folders look. Using RPG Maker VX Ace to edit the game project looks a bit different and is a more advanced thing

For 2.41 it's 764 items but some misc maps were removed. Extra maps are mostly inert unless the game tries to teleport you to one. Potentially a miss match of items could cause problems with the translation tool.

You're welcome.

Those don't work well together.
The translation tool allows you to patch directly while the prepatch skips the whole patching process.

While you could run the translation tool then patch the out folder it's a strange thought...
Think of it like putting on your pants then your underwear, while it can work it looks silly.
If you get the translation tool to work you can always get the latest translation files.
In the event it's a lot to think about the pre-patch is mostly plug and play.

In the event you use the pre-patched files on the clean japanese copy that the translation tool needs it will cause odd glitches to occur.

The translation tool organizes things a bit differently than rpg maker vx ace. When the translation tool re-compiles the files the scripts go in "Data\Scripts.rvdata2" which is why the pre-patched version has the complete "Data" folder.

Enjoy the game!

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes