RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
Spending a lot of time on this site and playing these games, it can be easy to forget that something like the four bandits near the beginning of the game does not fly with most people. Thats just one small example out of the aforementioned wide variety. Definitely a key factor keeping this niche.
Fair enough. Still, I don't think this would stop JAST from translating it given their translation of the VenusBlood series. The biggest issue here that I see is the money. Translation costs a lot and if they could comfortably afford doing it out of pocket then I don't think they'd need the fundraisers they do for the VenusBlood franchise.

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Just finished all the content on Hell difficulty with Alice, here is my thoughts:
The Difference between Hell and Paradox Difficulty is Absurd, on Hell you can still play the game with your waifu if you know how to make your party work, on Paradox, seems like you are forced to use the META™. on Paradox Difficulty the Cave of Trials you will receive OHK all the time... attacks dealing three times your HP, I like difficulty but this is absurd.

Most of the game on Hell Difficulty I didn't face any great problem or forced grinding.

I tried some combinations, some of them worked, like Dark Dragoon Luka, others were completely failure, Gamble Eva and Maid Nuruku. Alice become very strong when she get her Dual Wield Ability. Shirohebi was a disappointment.

I will attempt a new game, Spellsword Luka, Bow Ilias, Dancer Reina and (maybe?) Promestian.
Haven't tried it, but it feels like Paradox would be best balanced around ng+. Whether you'd be expected to have any LoC gear I couldn't say, but it would certainly help. I expect you'd need to use really optimized setups for the hardest difficulty though, and that's part of why I refuse to touch it. I want to play with who I want to, simple as that.

Shirohebi really only has one job, which is priority dancing. Since she's a Lamia, she gets access to Waning and Evening Moon Dances, which is what gives her that added value. Support character doing the support stuff, value is debatable compared to the content.

Reactions: Etheric

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
That all sounds really awesome, but also makes me wonder about an English translation and how long that might take considering the volume of content.
Depends though a year for "full" translation would be a good guess I pulled from my a$$...

1 - After it releases have to wait for a stable build. Say a month or two as Torotoro gets flooded with bug reports.
2 - Compare and import the previous work into the new build. A week to a month dependent on complexity. Ideally a couple hours but changes under the hood could complicate things... This also assumes the translation tool won't need updated again.
3 - Translators get to the juicy parts, mostly story, h-scenes, and new characters people want to see. Obviously if this is much bigger than the last two it's going to take some serious time. 6 months might be generous but until it's released it's pure imagination.
4 - Custom bugfixes and other things not caught in the initial release. Put a month here for the lols.
5 - Translators sloshing through the less interesting stuff. Battle effect dialogue so how many girls can say this is my ultimate class attack in a slightly unique way. The more nightmare fuel h-scenes. Miscellaneous stuff really. By this point burnout will be setting in so procrastination as the cheering crowd would have dissipated. X to 100%

The Arzor-X's translation team blog will give a more accurate assessment once they see how large the mountain to climb is.

DegenDesu

Sep 13, 2019
"The amount of dialogue is more than 50 paperbacks.
The total number of H-scenes in all chapters is more than 2,000, which is a Guinness record. "

This is just epic. And a Guiness-class content worth of H-scenes?!

After watching the translated MGQ Paradox Part 3 trailer, I thought they already shot themselves in the foot with how awesome the original trilogy is, but it just keeps getting better.

The translation time will definitely be a problem though. At this point with how much content there is, I think it's more beneficial to learn Japanese language while waiting it out.:BootyTime:

DegenDesu

Sep 13, 2019
The MGS series is certainly one of the greatest written works to have been produced so far. Even discounting the juicy bits the story itself is bloody great.
Agreed! I just find it so wholesome too, that pretty much all the MGQ content online I've seen so far, pretty much everyone agrees that this game is just amazing, it's really nice to see a bunch of comrades out there.

I mean just look at this classical music piece I found in the comments from a trivia of Black Alice's battle theme, I searched for the original music piece on YouTube hoping to see some obscure Monmusu Quest fan comment... but it turns out, 99% of the commenters are MGQ fans lmfao :KEK::KEK::KEK:

The music:

I just can't wrap my head around how they manage to write such amazing story.

If they actually make an All-ages version out of this, might even become very popular, like Fate/Stay Night popular or even more. And now with the addition of the alternate timelines in Paradox, the in-game universe just expanded even more.

Etheric

May 30, 2017
My personal opinion about some jobs I tried
Warrior and Sword Jobs - Start terrible and goes to meh
Spears Job - Better than sword jobs
Samurai - Awful, but still better than sword
Fist Job - somewhat decent
Mages - Terrible on late part 1 but very good in part 2
Time mage - lackluster
Taoism - GOD TIER on part 1, decent on part 2
Priest - A MUST
Thief - Utility only, terrible in battle
Gamble - Terrible
Dancer and Singer - Very good
Prostitute - Meh
Speech - Meh
Maid - Situational
Noble - Very Bad

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
For my knowledge, all loli (except ilias and alice) have awful hp, later game they will be one hit kill everytime.

• Vanilla is a good utility character, not much a battle one
  • Tenny is meh, not much to do with her, the only time I saw people using her were with all the four bandits on the main group.
  • Nanabi is focused on counters and beast skills... Being a kitsune she also focus on taoism... The only thing that I can think of is making her a Force Monk, fit the Attack, Agility and Magic skills.
  • Chrome is meant to be focused on Both Dex and Magi. If you want a Dex build focus on Engineer, Doctor, Puppeteer and Succubus Race, if you want a Magi Build you should focus on Medium, Magician and Magi Succubus.
  • Eva is meant to be used in any Dex build + Pleasure, focus on what is more relevant for you (DON'T USE ORACLE)
  • Ilias is sad... Either you focus on being Holy mage exclusive(is not bad) or Bow for Cupid (Is better but she is outclass by a lot other character)
Every single party char I build like this.

Worm summoner class for humans.
Highest class of angel race (seraphim or cupid of lust)
Highest class of succubus.
And the jobs (If you have patience like me you combine, holy,dark,time,pleasure,chaos and environment immunity.
And make them all use hand to hand combat skills (AOE Attacks combined with all attributes makes them nigh invincible like Alma Elma)

And I master every single race available.

Oh, almost forgot... Mana drain is a requirement to face superbosses like black alice.

And combine two weapons that black alice will give you if you beat her third form at ng and ng+(the hand weapon is the best hand to hand available that I found, without entering the labirynth of chaos)

But then again..... It will take you a few months without cheating. (Since I never cheat it took me 5 months to complete them)

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
That last one might be worth sticking out an trip, but otherwise it doesn't feel worthwhile to go beyond 200+ floors. Better to just start over and over in the dedicated gear labyrinth to find stuff that suits your playstyle.
Everything you said is very good except for the 200+ not worthwhile, if you reach floor 601, you unlock special Labyrinth floors. Extremely hardcore, however you have a super boss every 5 floors instead of 100 floors, meaning you GET insane amounts of loot if you are trying to gear yourself out.

Last edited:

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
Depends though a year for "full" translation would be a good guess I pulled from my a$$...

6 months might be generous but until it's released it's pure
You are incredibly positive. And while I would love to see that speed, I highly doubt it, it took them 3years to translate part 2 (Missing some H-scenes still) And part 3 is apparently absurdly larger than part 2. Even if the translation team is now bigger, It's never gonna be that speedy.

• Haha
Reactions: masterdragonson

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
Damn Carnage LoC scaling is fucked up, but the rewards are so good that i want to keep trying it, Est carried me through LoC but it seems like DEX builds falls offs later, is ATK the way to go? stacking buffs and weaknesses and all that stuff? or i'm dumb and DEX is fine?
I have not played in a few months so I can't say for sure about your dex, but know this, if dex scales with your buffs boosting damage etc, than you should be fine. But yes Carnage is absolutely crazy, I quit around floor 2000 xD

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Do I need like to download the latest version of the game and paste in the game directory all the files from the previous version? Basically overwrite 2.41 with 2.23 ?
No, you need to download latest version, use manual or pre-patched translation files and copy/paste save files from 2.23

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
You are incredibly positive. And while I would love to see that speed, I highly doubt it, it took them 3years to translate part 2 (Missing some H-scenes still) And part 3 is apparently absurdly larger than part 2. Even if the translation team is now bigger, It's never gonna be that speedy.
What if we crowdfund a full time translation team? I wonder how much that will cost

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes