RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes
Sep 1, 2018
Say, has anyone managed to get this game to run, with translation, on a Mac? I can run the base game on my Mac okay by using Wine. However, as soon as I apply the translation patch, the game just shows a black screen when I open it:

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 20.12.06.png
When this happens I also can't quit the game normally, I have to force-quit it through the Dock.

I get the same error with pre-patched versions.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
MGQ Paradox 2.32 Data Folder Compiled On 11-19-2020

MGQ Paradox 2.32 Data 11-19-2020.rar

Edit 11-20-2020:
Fix for Undefined 'secondary_skill_list' in Script_00000246_修正10.txt
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-quest-paradox-part-1-2-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-4592013

Using (If Game isn't already decrypted, else skip to Step 3)
1) Decrypt 'Game.rgss3a' using Decryptor
2) Rename or Remove 'Game.rgss3a' (You want the game to read the translated files, not the ones stored in here)
3) Overwrite 'Data' Folder with those from the archive
4) Optional Add Paradox.png to 'Graphics\Titles1' Folder
5) Optional Overwrite Game.ini if you haven't already done so in the past
6) Play Game

*This isn't for people that want to compile the Translation files*
Other Tutorials are available that gives instructions on how to do that on the First Page

Note: For those coming from a decrypted 2.23/2.30/2.31 you can save yourself a few gigs by updating from 2.23 to 2.30, 2.30 to 2.31, then 2.31 to 2.32
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-quest-paradox-part-1-2-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-4448481

Last edited:

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
MGQ Paradox 2.32 Data Folder Compiled On 11-19-2020

MGQ Paradox 2.32 Data 11-19-2020.rar

Mega

Workupload

Using (If Game isn't already decrypted, else skip to Step 3)
1) Decrypt 'Game.rgss3a' using Decryptor
2) Rename or Remove 'Game.rgss3a' (You want the game to read the translated files, not the ones stored in here)
3) Overwrite 'Data' Folder with those from the archive
4) Optional Add Paradox.png to 'Graphics\Titles1' Folder
5) Optional Overwrite Game.ini if you haven't already done so in the past
6) Play Game

*This isn't for people that want to compile the Translation files*
Other Tutorials are available that gives instructions on how to do that on the First Page

Note: For those coming from a decrypted 2.23/2.30/2.31 you can save yourself a few gigs by updating from 2.23 to 2.30, 2.30 to 2.31, then 2.31 to 2.32
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-quest-paradox-part-1-2-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-4448481

Thanks for the updated version. Is there any update included in the translation or its the same as before the colab

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Thanks for the updated version. Is there any update included in the translation or its the same as before the colab
Mostly this just is handling what changed in 2.32

Since ToroToro dumped everything into storage this update allows players to take things out in mass and has some skill balancing.

The news post says there are more updates in the coming weeks so sadly they will more likely punch holes in the translation process... Though those maps that were removed might have Part 3 spoilers as this isn't the first time future maps have been retracted :sneaky:

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
When in doubt jimmy rig it :LOL:

Undefined local variable or method `secondary_skill_list'

Looking at the code `secondary_skill_list' should be an array. Since it's new I'll just leave it blank.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tried a battle and didn't crash. If your save still has problems upload that so I have something to play with.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
When in doubt jimmy rig it :LOL:

Undefined local variable or method `secondary_skill_list'

Looking at the code `secondary_skill_list' should be an array. Since it's new I'll just leave it blank.

Tried a battle and didn't crash. If your save still has problems upload that so I have something to play with.
Perfect. Thanks! You rock!

Reactions: masterdragonson

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
Where are you playing the game? I mean, what chapter?
I have the same updated version and it works fine.Did you download the old version or my uploaded version and then only updated to the latest version or yoy downloaded the old version?
I'm starting to think there's a problem with 2.32. I've NEVER had any issues with any previous update...

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I'm starting to think there's a problem with 2.32. I've NEVER had any issues with any previous update...
Yeah sometimes ToroToro writes like a mad man. This seems to be one of those updates... Then again he did warn that another update would probably drop in a week :LOL:

Looks like method `wait_for_one_character' comes from Script class Window_Message but isn't a native part of class Window_BattleLog. Doesn't look like ToroToro accounted for that either.

Though a bit of a problem is Window_BattleLog doesn't like Fiber... Eh waiting is overrated and this seems to only get invoked if there is an Icon in the skill or message.

I could have simply commented out the line but I ran a few battles and never seen it called so I was more curious as to where it came from.

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes