MrSand

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2020
So what page is where you work on your games bro?
At the moment I haven't put out any new games but if/when I do, just check my profile on this forum or on itchi.io . These are the only 2 places I plan to put out stuff at.

I was messing with a 3d extension for one of the new game engines I've been messing with to see what I could do in it and it's not bad. I was able to make smooth movement instead of the tile based movement that rpgmaker had, mouselook, jumping, etc.. it feels pretty good.
I also used higher res sprites for the characters along with 8 way directions instead of 4 and more frames for smoother animation, I edited the environment textures to be a little more higher res and less pixelated while still keeping the same feel. I capped the framerate at 120 and it never went down even though I put a ton of walking enemies in one room(which I couldn't do in rpgmaker). Here's a screenshot:
mgtest2.jpg
I wanted to remake the content that I already done in the rpgmaker version but in this new engine and then release it as a surprise remake update but unfortunately I don't feel like the 3d in the engine is quite where I want it to be yet. It's still too much of a pain to work with plus I have to remake the whole rpg battle system from scratch, so this game is still on hold for now.

I have been itching to make something though. Another game but more scaled down, with 2d style game play instead of 3d and just human characters since I could do that fairly easily(although I may throw a couple of monster girls in there just because ;) ).
I just worry that people will get pissed at me for putting out a new game instead of finishing this one.

Fun fact, the first adult game I worked on, I never showed to anyone, but it was about a young guy starting a lifeguard job. A normal coming of age story that most devs tend to make. Kind of like a Summertime Saga style of game. Here are some very old screens of it:
BeachIntro1.png Andrea-teaching-mc-rescue7.png Andrea-teaching-mc-rescue8.png lewd-couple-intro2.png lewd-couple-intro4.png lifeguard-station-intro3.png

I made some of the characters, environments and intro story parts of it until I found out about the 3d extension for rpgmaker and really wanted to make a 3d dungeon crawling rpg, so I switched to making Monster Girl Underworld and released that until I found out that it ran poorly for a lot of players and the more stuff I added, the more rpgmaker would struggle and couldn't handle what I wanted to do.

Long story short, I'm thinking of remaking my original beach game in a new engine. With all the things I've learned these past few years, I think it could turn out pretty well. If anyone would be interested in that let me know and I'll start working on it this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: lnppo and megaman17

Nikobelt23

Aug 9, 2020
Ok Men good luck and i hope I hope that whatever is difficult for you you can overcome it in a certain period of time that you decide to finish it. I know that work like this can be difficult, but if you are determined to redo even the smallest detail of your project you will be able to make a game that lives up to your expectations, I know you can just like everyone else. ;)(y)

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes