MrSand

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2020
So what page is where you work on your games bro?
At the moment I haven't put out any new games but if/when I do, just check my profile on this forum or on itchi.io . These are the only 2 places I plan to put out stuff at.

I was messing with a 3d extension for one of the new game engines I've been messing with to see what I could do in it and it's not bad. I was able to make smooth movement instead of the tile based movement that rpgmaker had, mouselook, jumping, etc.. it feels pretty good.
I also used higher res sprites for the characters along with 8 way directions instead of 4 and more frames for smoother animation, I edited the environment textures to be a little more higher res and less pixelated while still keeping the same feel. I capped the framerate at 120 and it never went down even though I put a ton of walking enemies in one room(which I couldn't do in rpgmaker). Here's a screenshot:
mgtest2.jpg
I wanted to remake the content that I already done in the rpgmaker version but in this new engine and then release it as a surprise remake update but unfortunately I don't feel like the 3d in the engine is quite where I want it to be yet. It's still too much of a pain to work with plus I have to remake the whole rpg battle system from scratch, so this game is still on hold for now.

I have been itching to make something though. Another game but more scaled down, with 2d style game play instead of 3d and just human characters since I could do that fairly easily(although I may throw a couple of monster girls in there just because ;) ).
I just worry that people will get pissed at me for putting out a new game instead of finishing this one.

Fun fact, the first adult game I worked on, I never showed to anyone, but it was about a young guy starting a lifeguard job. A normal coming of age story that most devs tend to make. Kind of like a Summertime Saga style of game. Here are some very old screens of it:
BeachIntro1.png Andrea-teaching-mc-rescue7.png Andrea-teaching-mc-rescue8.png lewd-couple-intro2.png lewd-couple-intro4.png lifeguard-station-intro3.png

I made some of the characters, environments and intro story parts of it until I found out about the 3d extension for rpgmaker and really wanted to make a 3d dungeon crawling rpg, so I switched to making Monster Girl Underworld and released that until I found out that it ran poorly for a lot of players and the more stuff I added, the more rpgmaker would struggle and couldn't handle what I wanted to do.

Long story short, I'm thinking of remaking my original beach game in a new engine. With all the things I've learned these past few years, I think it could turn out pretty well. If anyone would be interested in that let me know and I'll start working on it this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: lnppo and megaman17

Nikobelt23

Aug 9, 2020
Ok Men good luck and i hope I hope that whatever is difficult for you you can overcome it in a certain period of time that you decide to finish it. I know that work like this can be difficult, but if you are determined to redo even the smallest detail of your project you will be able to make a game that lives up to your expectations, I know you can just like everyone else. ;)(y)

MrSand

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2020
hey yo sandy How's everything going? Any new progress with the game, pal?
I've mostly been waiting on the new engine I'm using to update it's 3d features to have the things I needed to make the game. The good news is that it finally has most of them.
Been trying to learn and mess around with it to see how much I could do and what it can handle. From what little I've added, it's looking very promising.
I haven't been posting since I have to remake the game from scratch and it's still a very long ways away from being playable. Didn't want to hype people up too early.
I'll try to put out a little video this weekend showing how it looks and the differences from the rpgmaker version.

Reactions: llat-2

Nikobelt23

Aug 9, 2020
It seems good to me in every way I know that I am not one of those people who had to wait for almost 4 or 3 years to set the complete game but after all you have a life beyond the world of the Internet I can understand that you have to Extend the process of creating the game and I can understand that you feel that people like me are pressing you But is not the case pal, in the end when I speak with you about the game you showed me that despite abandoning this version you still encouraged yourself in wanting Redoing it for a better experience, you are one of the exceptions that you are a content creator who refuses to abandon their projects for some project and you should take pride because you are someone who genuinely wants to make a game with love, effort and dedication, I give you forces To get that project in front and good luck Sandy will need it ;)

MrSand

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2020
This week I have mostly been learning how to import 3d models to the engine and seeing how it handles them. I optimized the models somewhat but it seems I still have a ways to go as the fps goes down after putting a hand full of them in a room, wandering around with lighting/shadow. Plus other glitches with them that have been a thorn in my side.

Here is a little clip.

But remember this is a super early version and I don't even know if it will be made yet. I'm still busy with other projects and work. I'm just showing this since you keep asking. I almost wish I just went with making this game 2d as I would have been done with the first chapter by now. :cry:

Nikobelt23

Aug 9, 2020
in the game exactly in the stage lower sewer A4 how do we unlock thar locked door and how can we destroy this barrels? someone knows?

MrSand

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2020
in the game exactly in the stage lower sewer A4 how do we unlock thar locked door and how can we destroy this barrels? someone knows?
You can't to either. The door is just a random locked door. The metal barrels I planned on having some way to break them later for random loot.

DXM3191

May 23, 2017
This is by far my favorite monster girl game .... to often in monster girl games nowadays, the monster girls are more femininie and human looking than monster... this game does a complete reversal and makes the more monster but while at the same time making it more erotic...

Huge fan of the red-headed rat girl scene, wish there was a longer scene involved with her!

Are we going to see any more of this games development or is it in infinite hiatus ?

Reactions: lnppo

MrSand

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2020
This is by far my favorite monster girl game .... to often in monster girl games nowadays, the monster girls are more feminine and human looking than monster... this game does a complete reversal and makes the more monster but while at the same time making it more erotic...
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I too am annoyed at all the "monster girl" games that make their monsters look more like "cosplay girls"(as a reviewer named NinjaNamedBob says) than actual monster girls.

Huge fan of the red-headed rat girl scene, wish there was a longer scene involved with her!
I like the rat girl as well and would like to make more scenes with her in the remake.

Are we going to see any more of this games development or is it in infinite hiatus ?
Still on hiatus. I have worked on some pre production stuff over the years like messing with different engines, working on new monster girls, etc... I haven't really made much progress on making the game itself. You can see some of the progress on the that I posted above. And since that video I fixed some of the 3d model issues I had.
Maybe I'll start dedicating an hour or so on my days off to work on this remake, so that I can consistently get something done even if it's just a little bit at a time.:unsure:

To everyone else that might see this, I would like to know if anyone has an opinion on if I should change anything about the player character's appearance?
In the previous pages and reviews, some people had some issues with him. One guy said "this guy looks like a chess club self-insert oc" which it definitely is not lol.
His hair is a little longer than what you normally see in an adult game protagonist as I was going for kind of a -ish kind of knight look. But since I'm remaking everything, now is the time to tweak things if needed.

hm.jpg 1. The original version
2. Blond hair version? (Probably not.)
3. Darker hair.
4. Darker and a little shorter. (I kind of like this one so far.)
5. Darker and longer? (Starting to look like from FF8 or something.)
6. Maybe a different hairstyle completely. (Um no... at least not this one.)

ThatMintMan

Aug 19, 2017
1. The original version
2. Blond hair version? (Probably not.)
3. Darker hair.
4. Darker and a little shorter. (I kind of like this one so far.)
5. Darker and longer? (Starting to look like from FF8 or something.)
6. Maybe a different hairstyle completely. (Um no... at least not this one.)
In my opinion, 4 is definitely the best of the ones shown. I in general think darker hair is better on dudes. Mayhaps even shorter. My inner nerd for stabbing things with metal pointy sticks and fantasy warfare is screaming to me that his hair definitely drapes into his face during fights. That's just me being picky about things as I've gone out and done medieval combat stuff with other nerdy folk and let me tell you, medium length hair or longer is a frustrating mess in your eyes. Don't take that seriously, stick with what you think looks best, but I definitely think shorter is better in this case.

Also, I too would like to express that the red hair rat girl is amazing and would love more of her in the future.

Reactions: MrSand
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes