3.40 star(s) 14 Votes

Mistix

Dec 4, 2016
Ok, so for some reason, when I revisited the shrine I was pulled inside by a swarm of shadow hands and apparently was teleported into another place.
On that place I met a vendor that sells potions, fireball charms and had the fishing rod.
With the fishing rod I was able to fish 5 chests and one of them had a key, which was used to open an underground entrance.
On that underground area was once again stuck, because I can't get past the blocks that need some kind of spell.
So, once again, I'm blocked and still have no idea of how to progress at the Ship's Graveyard, as I can't find out how to interact with the blue face blocks in the correct order, because I always end up stuck.
I'll be waiting for someone here to actually lend a hand, while I keep bumping my head trying to find anything else... which I'm not too hopeful..

malodorous

Dec 28, 2016
Ok, so for some reason, when I revisited the shrine I was pulled inside by a swarm of shadow hands and apparently was teleported into another place.
On that place I met a vendor that sells potions, fireball charms and had the fishing rod.
With the fishing rod I was able to fish 5 chests and one of them had a key, which was used to open an underground entrance.
On that underground area was once again stuck, because I can't get past the blocks that need some kind of spell.
So, once again, I'm blocked and still have no idea of how to progress at the Ship's Graveyard, as I can't find out how to interact with the blue face blocks in the correct order, because I always end up stuck.
I'll be waiting for someone here to actually lend a hand, while I keep bumping my head trying to find anything else... which I'm not too hopeful..
discord is mor helpful

Incar1

Aug 25, 2017
I think I might be an idiot, I can't figure out where to go or what to do. I got to 23% with the City of Mist gate, found the merchant but couldn't afford the fishing rod, do I need to do what the earlier post said and scrounge enough money for it then go fishing? seems like such a non-sequitur.

Mistix

Dec 4, 2016
Ok, several stuff I found out!
You're able to get pulled by the shadowy hands at the shrine when Nyx dares you to check it out at a given time.
At Ship Graveyard, when dealing with the blue face blocks, you mustn't leave the area or the damn blocks reset and that's why I couldn't ever figure out why the order was always incorrect. The dev should step on legos every damn morning for this one.
From there everything was a breeze until I reach the squidy snail bosses (yes bosses, because after dealing considerable damage to the first, a second one appears mid fight (that was interesting)
You don't have to deal with it's tentacles, just aim at the eye and shoot.
After getting the book, I thought that I'd have to go to the library as that is common sense. When I got there the middle bookshelf was open and guess what? Yep, pulled again by the damn shadowy hands.
After a bit I realized I was in Myst City and after exploring for a while I accidentally found out that you can reach places with a simple mechanic that was never explained (at least in the game, I didn't bother to check in the thread tbh). You can jump and then dash to get a long distance for the jump. With this, you're able to find the 404 key and 113 appartments key (Hint: Look for places that have blue/red torches, as they indicate that there's a platform nearby for you to go to. Hopefully, you have a scope installed on your rifle, so use it to scout the area for platforms you haven't reached. If you don't have the scope, well trial and error is your friend).
On 113 appartments, you'll reach a point where you'll have black face blocks, indicating you'll have to fight a boss and it took me a bit to understand where the boss was. The boss is at the water flooded room and you're only able to trigger the fight by hitting it, but you have to know where the boss is. Pay attention to sound and water splashes.
Once the boss is dealt with, you're able to get the Observer's Stone and you have to go deliver it to the statue at the park.
This is where I'm stuck, because as soon as you place the stone, you get instantly grapled by an amalgamation and it seems impossible to break free from it. I think it's related to the book that you have to give to the siren, but I've no idea on how to do this. Anyone knows?

I think I might be an idiot, I can't figure out where to go or what to do. I got to 23% with the City of Mist gate, found the merchant but couldn't afford the fishing rod, do I need to do what the earlier post said and scrounge enough money for it then go fishing? seems like such a non-sequitur.
I've no idea how you even check the completion of areas. I'm not even able to check the area on Mist City, now that I'm there, as it just displays Unknown.
About the fishing rod, it seems to be irrelevant for now, but I could be wrong as it seems I still have things to explore..

Edit* I think I fcked up... Pretty sure you need to give the book to the siren boss I just killed before killing it (if you even have to kill it) Anyone has a save before killing the siren? That'd be great...

Last edited:

pendercemp

Feb 8, 2020
Edit* I think I fcked up... Pretty sure you need to give the book to the siren boss I just killed before killing it (if you even have to kill it) Anyone has a save before killing the siren? That'd be great...
You're good. Just head back to the room where you first encountered the siren and you can hand over the book. Grab the Observer Stone out of the apartments and go to the park for a game over scene before you give the book back.

Reactions: Mistix

Mistix

Dec 4, 2016
You're good. Just head back to the room where you first encountered the siren and you can hand over the book. Grab the Observer Stone out of the apartments and go to the park for a game over scene before you give the book back.
Ty so much, but there was something missing.
You need to talk to her sister before heading back there. That's why she wasn't appearing for me. Fck sakes...

Edit* Oh, that was the end of the demo. Sad...
Well, time to go for Nyx's playthrough now.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018
i have SCOURED this thread and am unable to find where the hell you get a weapon with Nyx. i went to the graveyard cave, checked EVERYWHERE i could, saw signs talking about a kusarigama--but i cannot find any such thing

i know that there is a high chance i am going to seem like a giant idiot for asking, but where the hell do i find a weapon with her??? screenshots would be appreciated, but any advice at all is great too

Hadés562

Jun 28, 2018
i have SCOURED this thread and am unable to find where the hell you get a weapon with Nyx. i went to the graveyard cave, checked EVERYWHERE i could, saw signs talking about a kusarigama--but i cannot find any such thing

i know that there is a high chance i am going to seem like a giant idiot for asking, but where the hell do i find a weapon with her??? screenshots would be appreciated, but any advice at all is great too
If you found the library, it's in the cave next to it. (If you haven't found it yet, from the graveyard head left until you see those harpy siblings and just head north from there. You'll see the cave.)

Incar1

Aug 25, 2017
I've no idea how you even check the completion of areas. I'm not even able to check the area on Mist City, now that I'm there, as it just displays Unknown.
About the fishing rod, it seems to be irrelevant for now, but I could be wrong as it seems I still have things to explore..

I'm at 23% overall, I don't think there is a way to check any given area, By city of mist gate I meant the stairs to a gate that the title card calls "City of Mist" but I get pinballed halfway back down every time I try to go in, the woods have no map but I found the merchant with the fishing rod, and that's it. I haven't found any sirens boss or otherwise, I think I found the door to the ghost ship but it's locked and idk where to even start looking for the key other than one post from a long time ago that said they found it fishing but didn't say where.

Mistix

Dec 4, 2016
I'm at 23% overall, I don't think there is a way to check any given area, By city of mist gate I meant the stairs to a gate that the title card calls "City of Mist" but I get pinballed halfway back down every time I try to go in, the woods have no map but I found the merchant with the fishing rod, and that's it. I haven't found any sirens boss or otherwise, I think I found the door to the ghost ship but it's locked and idk where to even start looking for the key other than one post from a long time ago that said they found it fishing but didn't say where.
Ah, so you still haven't cleared Ship Graveyard. That ship's door leads you to the Pilot House. The Pilot Key is behind the blue face blocks on the cave where that ship is. You have to play around with the order of the switch, but keep in mind that everytime you reload a save the order gets reset (that's why I was stuck for so long), so basically make sure you don't die on the process.

BodaC

Jun 30, 2022
So has dev abandoned this project or is it still ongoing? I see that the last devlog he made was more than a year ago on both itch.io and his blog. Hs last three posts have been about Vivid Dead. Did I skip over a post that said whats going on with Moon Rhapsody?

alias34

Jul 4, 2017
It's on hold until further notice. The dev is working on Vivid Dead now. He wants to go back to Moon Rhapsody afterwards, but I imagine he'll either do a sequel to it or do a completely new project instead.
I don't mind, what is there is great and I've always thought he should've just called this the prologue and treat it as finished. As long as Kosmic puts out content it's all good.

Reactions: BodaC

Incar1

Aug 25, 2017
Ah, so you still haven't cleared Ship Graveyard. That ship's door leads you to the Pilot House. The Pilot Key is behind the blue face blocks on the cave where that ship is. You have to play around with the order of the switch, but keep in mind that everytime you reload a save the order gets reset (that's why I was stuck for so long), so basically make sure you don't die on the process.
I can't even find the key to get into the ship graveyard.

PinkyFoa

Sep 29, 2018
Are you not supposed to play as Nyx? I have no idea where to go or what to do I keep roaming around the map and finding areas soft blocked by fog.

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
Are you not supposed to play as Nyx? I have no idea where to go or what to do I keep roaming around the map and finding areas soft blocked by fog.
You'll get great advice from the Discord as it's very active, but off the top of my head I think it was something to do with a key by a gravestone...? And yep you're supposed to play as her, she has a lot of content ;)

What Ever

Sep 9, 2018
You need to find the faerie (just past the graveyard) who'll tell you about the key. The key itself is hidden in the grass near a tombstone (a pretty obvious one, at the very start IIRC), just slash it. Once done, after a long cave segment (boss included) some of the fog will fade and the small town segment at the very south will be accessible, you'll find a catgirl there who will hint you about each of the remaining objectives (she'll be there all the time so you can reach her should you get stuck). I have no idea how to progress after you make it through the scrapyard though, as all the exits are locked off with placeholders, probably that is the end as at some point the game just displayed the final stats screen.

P.S. About my own fishing question: the lure behaves different depending on the force bar, it is not as simple as "left is close, right is far". When somewhere in the middle, you do a strong low throw, which, unlike when catching the bar at the right, will allow you to hit the furthest chest (one that contains the tunnel key).

Reactions: Artix0
3.40 star(s) 14 Votes