3.40 star(s) 14 Votes

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
I just hex-edited it. I managed to reverse-engineer most of Gamemaker's logic over the past months. Unfortunately, I'd rather not comment further...
It's too bad that the game code isn't stored in the data.win file, that would have make things way more easier. Oh well... Definitly looking forward to see what will be added or edited down the road with your mod.

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
I'm playing around with the scene replacement. In theory, it should be possible to also add variant for the rape-on-attack animations, right? I tried to add a variant to 2923, 2924, 2926 and 2927 (it's the ones for the undead with Sasha) and it doesn't seem to take it in count for some reason.

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
I'm playing around with the scene replacement. In theory, it should be possible to also add variant for the rape-on-attack animations, right? I tried to add a variant to 2923, 2924, 2926 and 2927 (it's the ones for the undead with Sasha) and it doesn't seem to take it in count for some reason.
Yeah so actually since this is a first release I used a "safer" replacement method which will ignore most sprites drawn but in the Hscene paths (which surprisingly the atk variants are not part of).

For a more aggressive replacement you can use this dll instead:

I'm not including this Dll for now in the main mod, because we first need to test and confirm it doesn't cause crashes. But I'll eventually add it in some form, so you can already start experimenting with atk sprites. Btw: the animation ids also include 2922 and 2925.

It's too bad that the game code isn't stored in the data.win file, that would have make things way more easier. Oh well... Definitly looking forward to see what will be added or edited down the road with your mod.
I can always make more functionality exposed in the Json. Feel free to share your ideas, either here or by PM.

However, I'm afraid there won't ever be accessible game code like traditional GML games, the game is a compiled .EXE, and modding it requires assembly editing, ie. extremely unpractical. (Unless Kosmic ends up disabling YYC maybe for mod support)

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah so actually since this is a first release I used a "safer" replacement method which will ignore most sprites drawn but in the Hscene paths (which surprisingly the atk variants are not part of).

For a more aggressive replacement you can use this dll instead: a.dll

I'm not including this Dll for now in the main mod, because we first need to test and confirm it doesn't cause crashes. But I'll eventually add it in some form, so you can already start experimenting with atk sprites. Btw: the animation ids also include 2922 and 2925.
Nice.
And yeah, I know for 2922 and 2925, I was just playing around with some very basic edit with the clothing and underwear ones to see what could be done. :)

I can always make more functionality exposed in the Json. Feel free to share your ideas, either here or by PM.

However, I'm afraid there won't ever be accessible game code like traditional GML games, the game is a compiled .EXE, and modding it requires assembly editing, ie. extremely unpractical. (Unless Kosmic ends up disabling YYC maybe for mod support)
That would be nice if you could. For example, being able add rape-on-attack and/or intercourse animations to enemies that don't have any would be pretty amazing. Being able to setup as many thing as possible from mod config file would be the way to go I'd say, though I imagine it's probably limited in what can be done.

Another idea, having a toggle to disable game over when you get grabbed could be interesting. Probably disabling the loss of HP when climax happen? or making it draining only a small chunck of your HP instead of draining your entire health?
Basically it could work like the Incufly where you can still play after getting grabbed unless your HP is too low.

Speaking of the Incufly, I wonder if some basic pregnancy system could be doable? Like at the end of the timer, if you still have enough HP, instead of getting a game over, it could knockout the player and spawn an Incufly entity (it should be a maggot based on the game over scene, but adding an entire new entity is probably not an option). Could probably take some damage from the process, so if you're too low in HP, it would still play the game over scene. Bonus if triggering a new animation scene in between is possible.

It's probably more than can be done, but hey, you never know I guess. ;)

Reactions: Artix0

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Nice.
And yeah, I know for 2922 and 2925, I was just playing around with some very basic edit with the clothing and underwear ones to see what could be done. :)

That would be nice if you could. For example, being able add rape-on-attack and/or intercourse animations to enemies that don't have any would be pretty amazing. Being able to setup as many thing as possible from mod config file would be the way to go I'd say, though I imagine it's probably limited in what can be done.

Another idea, having a toggle to disable game over when you get grabbed could be interesting. Probably disabling the loss of HP when climax happen? or making it draining only a small chunck of your HP instead of draining your entire health?
Basically it could work like the Incufly where you can still play after getting grabbed unless your HP is too low.

Speaking of the Incufly, I wonder if some basic pregnancy system could be doable? Like at the end of the timer, if you still have enough HP, instead of getting a game over, it could knockout the player and spawn an Incufly entity (it should be a maggot based on the game over scene, but adding an entire new entity is probably not an option). Could probably take some damage from the process, so if you're too low in HP, it would still play the game over scene. Bonus if triggering a new animation scene in between is possible.

It's probably more than can be done, but hey, you never know I guess. ;)
All these things are not hard per-se, but they take time to implement, and I'm not sure if I will do the last 2 ones (non-gameover on rape/pregnancy). While I can now start animations quite reliably, it is in fact surprisingly difficult to make them stop, so I won't focus on non-gameover animations for a while.

Adding new Atk variants is easy, however, it requires some manual intervention from me for each enemy (I need to locate where their 'main' code is and decompile it) and also some enemies might cause bugs. For example, I already tried to add an atk variant for the Incufly but it made the game crash. On the other hand, I tried to add one for "Kappa" and this one worked, so not sure which ones are possible and which ones are not. Basically I can allow more atk animations but I can't make that configurable, as it would require me to do the work for each enemy in advance, and there are quite a lot of them, so instead maybe just tell me which enemes you ae interested in and I will focus on those. I just created a mod thread with a "dev" version which will allow me to publish faster releases. Download the "dev" version, it will include check for "Kappa" atk anims which you can use to experiment: you only need to add the spr_Kappa_atk_* animations to the data.win and the mod will automatically trigger them if they are available, but beware you need to add all variants: Kappa, Kappa_underwear, Kappa_casual and the same for _2 and _Nyx. Also, the new version now uses the sprite names rather than their indexes, ie. "spr_H_Undead" instead of 2922.

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
Completly understandable for the last two ideas. Like even if the code was accessible from the data.win, it will still be a tons of work to do, so I can imagine how bothersome it is having to hex edit the .exe file.

Btw, the link to the mod thread give me an error. Nevermind, it works now.

Last edited:

stupidstuff15

Sep 1, 2019
damn, my anvitirus flat out doesn't want me to run this for some reason.
Even when I click "run anyway" it keeps telling me not to. It even auto-removed a.dll or whatever the file is called. Why though.

Andrej777

Oct 1, 2023
I know I'm not writing on topic but this is a completely different game but from the same developer does anyone have a walkthrough of the game Vivid dead v0.3 extended? If not, can someone please post it here, it will be useful for all beginners and newbies, because there is no walkthrough on YouTube, there is only a walkthrough with version v0.21. And with version v0.3 extended there is no, I've searched through the whole YouTube

Rakan

Jul 19, 2017
Anyone know how to unlock the whole gallery? I'm tired bruv....

Tired of dying over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again and again and again and again....

I like the game, but damn...

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
I know I'm not writing on topic but this is a completely different game but from the same developer does anyone have a walkthrough of the game Vivid dead v0.3 extended? If not, can someone please post it here, it will be useful for all beginners and newbies, because there is no walkthrough on YouTube, there is only a walkthrough with version v0.21. And with version v0.3 extended there is no, I've searched through the whole YouTube
There's a Vivid Dead thread here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/vivid-dead-v0-2-0-ex-demo-kosmic91.144667/

And you can ask the (very active and helpful!) community in the Discord here:

Reactions: anon241
Aug 29, 2019
I'll be uploading a 0.3 walkthrough somewhat soon, I'll put it in the vivid dead thread

• Red Heart
Reactions: Artix0

Renewsmiley

Mar 23, 2019
Hey, Just got this error whenever i get grappled by the undead. it only happens when i go into the sex scene. sometimes it doesn't crash but I'm guessing that it happens whenever its trying to load the modded version of the scene like the penetration view. (I'm not that knowledgeable about how this works). I'm using theMoon_Rhapsody_Modded_f95v1.0 version of the game. Oh, I was also Playing as Nyx
Code Error 8_13_2024 1_37_59 AM.png

Last edited:

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Hey, Just got this error whenever i get grappled by the undead. it only happens when i go into the sex scene. sometimes it doesn't crash but I'm guessing that it happens whenever its trying to load the modded version of the scene like the penetration view. (I'm not that knowledgeable about how this works). I'm using theMoon_Rhapsody_Modded_f95v1.0 version of the game. Oh, I was also Playing as Nyx
View attachment 3926688
I actually can't reproduce this issue. How often does it occur, roughly? If you think it's related to the close-up, you can increase the chance in the config file to make it easier to reproduce, set sex_closeup_chance=1.0 and it should happen every time. But I've tried several scenarios with this variable as Nyx and it worked fine (mostly tried in the gallery but also a few saves in game).

Can you also set this variable to true in the config file:

"enable_logging" : true

Then the next time you see the crash, send me the file "logs/modlog.txt", and if possible, try to describe the sequence of actions that happened

EDIT: by any chance, did you replace the data.win file with something else? (eg. from Color mod)

Reactions: derakino999

Renewsmiley

Mar 23, 2019
I actually can't reproduce this issue. How often does it occur, roughly? If you think it's related to the close-up, you can increase the chance in the config file to make it easier to reproduce, set sex_closeup_chance=1.0 and it should happen every time. But I've tried several scenarios with this variable as Nyx and it worked fine (mostly tried in the gallery but also a few saves in game).

Can you also set this variable to true in the config file:

"enable_logging" : true

Then the next time you see the crash, send me the file "logs/modlog.txt", and if possible, try to describe the sequence of actions that happened

EDIT: by any chance, did you replace the data.win file with something else? (eg. from Color mod)
No i haven't replaced the data.win file. I can try to use the settings you specified. I'll update when i set it up.

Renewsmiley

Mar 23, 2019
Ok, so i just tried it out again when changing the chance for close up to .5 and enabling the Logging. This time i got the close up to work for just the single Undead. Then i went and became a host from the bugs and then found a pair of undead to see if it would work with them. Unfortunately it did not. I ended up getting the same error code from before when the scene tried to start. Here is the modlog.txt

3.40 star(s) 14 Votes