Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes

DJenser

May 8, 2018
No Android version this time. Probably for the best. After getting as far as I could through the Android version of LoM, my heart couldn't take another one. Wish you the best on this new one, though!

• Sad
Reactions: RAYZ3L

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
No Android version this time. Probably for the best. After getting as far as I could through the Android version of LoM, my heart couldn't take another one. Wish you the best on this new one, though!
Act I is already 1.7GB, so... I could probably squeeze the first act into an APK, but I would be stuck come Act II. It is playable on Steam Deck and Steam Link, though.

Reactions: Boobs Lover

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Emily still the best, especially this new improved Emily, I like her new Fashion sense :cool: :love:(y)
Morningstar 2023-07-09 05-22-53-78.jpg
Morningstar 2023-07-09 05-24-21-66.jpg
:devilish:
Morningstar 2023-07-09 05-30-24-84.jpg
Hopefully she will react more positively, when We are gonna Slap her ass:ROFLMAO:
Morningstar 2023-07-09 05-30-27-05.jpg
I like this " leather-ish " pants on her:love:
Morningstar 2023-07-09 05-39-31-92.jpg
so Yeah she gonna be my main hopefully, and then the Lin girl also good. Katie, somehow always feel more as good friend and a fuck Buddy:ROFLMAO:..

overall it's a good start, but probably gonna be more polished as eventually this will be the main game of the developer. I liked the poker better than this Tetris thingy but may be just take time to get used to it

oh btw, 2 image missing, why?:unsure:
Morningstar 2023-07-09 05-49-04-64.jpg

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
Droid Productions Do you intend to make Emily the main girl again? With Katie watching sad from the side? (it would just look like a copy/paste in the structure imo, but wait & see I guess).

Can't wait to see Molly again (the new characters are nice, I like the Sidhe in the bar, and human-size Snowdrop)

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions Do you intend to make Emily the main girl again? With Katie watching sad from the side? (it would just look like a copy/paste in the structure imo, but wait & see I guess).

Can't wait to see Molly again (the new characters are nice, I like the Sidhe in the bar, and human-size Snowdrop)
If anything Katie is angling hard for LI status while Emily is standoffish. We'll see how I convince them otherwise.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: EJW and Sylaann

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Up to this point I must admit I am glad that there are no books to read with the quantity of side content already in the game. I liked reading the different quotes the MC read from his books in LoM. I feel like some posts on Titter serve a similar purpose, but with out the MC reflecting on them it has less of an impact and his answers feel verry surface level. I don't know how much dev time or if it would be worth it to implement a dialog box to convey MC's train of toughts depending on how the player decide to different posts.

Concerning the combat mechanic, they currently feel long with some ability only triggering once or twice in a fight. I don't know if some token have different appearance percentage, but it sometimes feel that way. While there is somme strategy I feel there is a lot of room to grow. I also feel like the quantity of fights we are supposed to have in a day is supposed to be less than In LoM so comparing both seams like a moot point for now. I like it in general.
BTW I found a bug: when the animation for suggestion plays out and you execute the move, the animation is getting stuck and the token that is left appear oversized. It is not game breaking, but before I realised it was a bug I thought that a special token had appeard.

Now for something funny, Mu Lau in french read mu-lo witch is an homophone for ''mulot'' witch is a field mouse. So her identifying with a tiger is hilarious. Someone in universe must catch this. Maybe her cousin. I just wonder how her reaction would be. Maybe she got made fun of in her kindergartens years or something.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game seams to have diverging choices, at least more than LoM so I wonder if it is in the plans to have a new game + mode. And if so, if it is possible in that mode to gray out interactions already taken in the previous playthrough. Or at least change the color of interaction already taken. For example: The day before the match you can talk to the different characters, they all have the interrogation mark beside their name, but you don't have the time to talk to each of them. I wonder if it would be possible to mark conversation or choices already had in NG+ as I will want a different experience for subsequent playthrough.

All in all, the game is off to a great start. Can't wait for chapter II (but it can definitely wait till the end of LoM)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Stupid question, how do you move in this game? I don't see any prompts for movement and the keyboard isn't moving my character.
It's largely a mouse/pointer based game. Movement is either by clicking the navigation icons, or using the quicknav.

That may change in time; I'm trying to get my hands on a Steam deck, and if I do I'll implement full keypad support (which would also apply to PC keyboard support).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Now for something funny, Mu Lau in french read mu-lo witch is an homophone for ''mulot'' witch is a field mouse. So her identifying with a tiger is hilarious. Someone in universe must catch this. Maybe her cousin. I just wonder how her reaction would be. Maybe she got made fun of in her kindergartens years or something.
I don't think she or Saffron went to human kindergarten :) The names make sense in Cantonese; Hua Long's group are southern-Chinese, so I use Cantonese for their naming conventions.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I see the game's already available on Itch, and not yet on steam.

Droid Productions can you confirm that both versions will be identical, and will the itch version also benefit from the development branch like LOM did on steam, or not? :)

Just deciding if I should wait for steam, or get it now on itch :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I see the game's already available on Itch, and not yet on steam.

Droid Productions can you confirm that both versions will be identical, and will the itch version also benefit from the development branch like LOM did on steam, or not? :)

Just deciding if I should wait for steam, or get it now on itch :)
Steam has a beautiful patching system that only uploads what's changed; it's what I use for all the internal testing, and it means it's always got the latest.

Itch.io will get updates the same time I push it to Patreon/Subscribestar.

I'd recommend either signing up for Patreon or Subscribestar, where I give away stream keys to supporters, or waiting for the Steam version to go live (looking at Early Access, end of Act II, I think).

Content wise the only difference will be steam specific stuff; Steam will insist I remove external links, so I may need to change up the collectibles, remove links to Patreon, etc. It'll also have steam achievements and steam cards, once they let me use those.

Reactions: ArhraCole

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Steam has a beautiful patching system that only uploads what's changed; it's what I use for all the internal testing, and it means it's always got the latest.

I'd recommend either signing up for Patreon or Subscribestar, where I give away stream keys to supporters, or waiting for the Steam version to go live (looking at Early Access, end of Act II, I think).

Content wise the only difference will be steam specific stuff; Steam will insist I remove external links, so I may need to change up the collectibles, remove links to Patreon, etc. It'll also have steam achievements and steam cards, once they let me use those.
I don't use patreon due to their policies, and I don't use subscribestar as they do not have paypal as a payment :(

I stick to itch and steam :)
I know you're using the steam beta branch, which is why I was asking if those two will have the same updates or not :)

Guess I'll wait for steam then... there's no way to convince you to launch it on steam earlier is there? :D :D :D :D

Faun

Jun 11, 2017

...and still you can't find LoM or Morningstar in german steam shop. :cry:
i wait for downloads from other websides. A mega link in discord is allways a little bithday gift.
Thank you for your great work!

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes