shadowskill11

Oct 23, 2017
Is that seriously why some Devs make the MC look like a teenage shrimp despite supposedly being 20 something years old? So Mommy can look more powerful? That must be a thought process from some parts of the world I guess, that boggles my mind.

Edit: No, it does NOT work. Nothing motivates me to not donate on Patreon then Devs that do that. I know I'm not alone with this...really, you're the first person to finally shed light on this subject, sort of an eye opening insight on the psychology of some of these devs.
In the game he said he’s not old enough to drink and he lives at home with his Mo...landlady. What type of loser still lives with his <cough> landlady in their 20s?

Aweful

Jan 11, 2020
Oh, well done! I'm really diggin' this one. Great dialogue, humor and the MC doesn't sound like a punk bitch while girls apparently still fall over him cause that's how the creators made it so. I can't wait for more! ... Must. Have. MORE!

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
In the game he said he’s not old enough to drink and he lives at home with his Mo...landlady. What type of loser still lives with his <cough> landlady in their 20s?
The Secret comes to mind off the top of my head...I’m sure if I dig up past games I can come up with half a dozen or more titles. Most people stop growing at 18, maybe an inch or two more to early 20’s, but It’s rare. As already stated above, height is determined by moth..ahem, landlady’s genes, he should have been the same height or taller by 14.

Last edited:

Boehmi

Dec 11, 2017
First Ophelia in the Park meeting..

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/Ophelia/Scene3/bg ophelia_three3.png'>:
Exception: Could not load image u'images/Ophelia/Scene3/bg ophelia_three3.png': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "ophelia_three.rpyc", line 21, in script
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "G:\Games\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/Ophelia/Scene3/bg ophelia_three3.png': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
MotherLoad 0.12a
Thu Aug 20 06:11:17 2020

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
I'd like to thank the dev for another great installment and not blue-balling us like other some other sadistic devs! ;)

Radriewyn

Jul 19, 2017
The Secret comes to mind off the top of my head...I’m sure if I dig up past games I can come up with half a dozen or more titles. Most people stop growing at 18, maybe an inch or two more to early 20’s, but It’s rare. As already stated above, height is determined by moth..ahem, landlady’s genes, he should have been the same height or taller by 14.
Honestly I don't know where you are getting your age of growth from, but I didn't surpass my mother in height until I was 16, and I have other family and friends that either didn't grow as tall or taller than their mother while others did surpass their height. I understand what you are trying to point out about most young MCs here, but IRL there are a lot of males that are the same height or shorter than their mother.

AER201812

Jan 13, 2018
Well... Beautyfull Ladies, great renders, not much of a story, but i have to ask a question...
Got Mom and Sis to level 1 and thats it??? Almost 3Gb?????
Or maybe i dont know how to progress?????

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Honestly I don't know where you are getting your age of growth from, but I didn't surpass my mother in height until I was 16, and I have other family and friends that either didn't grow as tall or taller than their mother while others did surpass their height. I understand what you are trying to point out about most young MCs here, but IRL there are a lot of males that are the same height or shorter than their mother.
In a sense, you could say that the Y chromosome is itself one of those height genes. If a mother and father are the same height, their daughters will be roughly the same height, but their sons will be taller. This is because in order for the mother to be the same height as her husband, she must have more of the other ‘tall genes’ than him, and these get passed onto her sons. And often women marry someone slightly taller, which makes her sons taller still.

For them to be shorter, she needs to marry someone much shorter than her, or there need to be significant environmental influences at work which serve to offset the genetic contribution.

link:

• Angry
Reactions: FeropsisFenarue

Radriewyn

Jul 19, 2017
In a sense, you could say that the Y chromosome is itself one of those height genes. If a mother and father are the same height, their daughters will be roughly the same height, but their sons will be taller. This is because in order for the mother to be the same height as her husband, she must have more of the other ‘tall genes’ than him, and these get passed onto her sons. And often women marry someone slightly taller, which makes her sons taller still.

For them to be shorter, she needs to marry someone much shorter than her, or there need to be significant environmental influences at work which serve to offset the genetic contribution.

link:
It really depends on what the gene pool produce honestly. I have seen 3 boys from a couple, 2 are shorter than the mother and the other is significantly taller. I have seen both a girl and boy from a couple that took from the mothers side of the family daughter extremely shorter than the mother, (from her grandmother) and the boy 4 inches taller from the grandfather. Either way, I got what you are saying, about the way things are portrayed in games, doesn't equal to real life, but they are still games.

Aug 3, 2020
Jstforme is working with some hokey research there. The fact that he called the Y chromosome a 'gene' shows he doesn't know what he's talking about.

A chromosome carries many genes, and one full set of chromosomes are inherited from each parent meaning that a mother can be short, and all her sons short no matter what the father is like, because the father could be carrying genes that allow his offspring to be short as well, even though he's big. This is due to some traits being dominant and some traits being recessive.

Even more extreme is that the mother could be tall, and the father tall, and the son still be short if both parents pass the recessive short traits on to the son, and none of the tall traits.

I don't pretend to be a human geneticist, so there may be multiple genes at play, but it is biologically possible for a perfectly healthy male to be shorter than both his parents.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Well, what a useless comment, "I don't like sandbox games", good for you...
This game does sandbox right, no stupid stat-grinds, no money grind, no groundhog-day just story events and repeatable sex scenes, but if you just have a hate-on for sandbox why did you even download it when it has the tag?
In general I do not have any problems with sandbox, but I disagree that this is an example of a sandbox done right. There are 2 options, blindly travel to every location, every hour of every day, and almost always find that there is absolutely nothing to do at each location you travel to, or look up the cheat/hint to find out where and when to go. The first option is a major pain that isn't really playable at all. The second option is fully playable, but a waste of effort that adds no benefit/enjoyment to the game, since the player must constantly navigate to that hint menu again and again.

The whole point of a sandbox is not only about being able to go where one wants, but to be able to actually do things when you get there. This game is basically a linear game that makes it very difficult for the player to get from the end of one action to the start of the next action.

All that said, the game would still be quite playable if it would
1. Make time skippable from any and every location (considering the game is 90% skipping the current time, the fact that the player can only advance time from certain locations is crazy).
2. Change the hint interface so that the player can tell when and where actions are available without needing to make several clicks in a phone menu system to find it out.

On a totally separate note... yeah, a "supermarket" is generally a place to find mostly food (and possibly a few odds and ends). It is not where one would go to get a camera. However a big giant building labeled "shopping" might actually make sense. Either way, considering every other location gets an actual label indicator on the map, the place to shop should have an indicator to match.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meridian
4.20 star(s) 30 Votes