Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Saw sandbox wondering how Grindy this is? It looks good but the grind can kill it if I have to spend an hour grinding for a 5 min scene or randomly going here and there and back and forth for nothing really worthwhile? So I guess is this worth downloading? Thank you for your time :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Saw sandbox wondering how Grindy this is? It looks good but the grind can kill it if I have to spend an hour grinding for a 5 min scene or randomly going here and there and back and forth for nothing really worthwhile? So I guess is this worth downloading? Thank you for your time :)
No grinding at all.

There is a guide in game tells you exactly what you have to do and all it involves is talking to that person when it tells you to, that's it.

Closest thing to a grind is going to main map and moving time forward to get to the point you need.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
No grinding at all.

There is a guide in game tells you exactly what you have to do and all it involves is talking to that person when it tells you to, that's it.

Closest thing to a grind is going to main map and moving time forward to get to the point you need.
Thank you very much I look forward to playing it.

Regis NEX

Feb 19, 2019
Sandbox done right!!
There's tips for when you need directions
And the story is engaging, though a bit too linear.

The mom is a very close second for my Jill...
She is beautiful and fhicccc

Reactions: Rituf and ontach

vakarian-01

Apr 10, 2020
Just FYI. If you use the current inc Patch, I'll get this error when I talk to the store owner:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'ash' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "ash_one.rpyc", line 13, in script
File "D:\Games\Fire_Strike_Performance_Combined_test_pass_1\dx_diag_log\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "D:\Games\Fire_Strike_Performance_Combined_test_pass_1\dx_diag_log\MotherLoad-0.12a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'ash' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
MotherLoad 0.12a
Thu Aug 20 08:42:53 2020

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Just FYI. If you use the current inc Patch, I'll get this error when I talk to the store owner:
just add this line to the characters.rpy:
Python:
define ash = Character("Ash", who_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ])

For anyone who doesn't want to add the code themselves, here's the corrected patch file.

Last edited:

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
No grinding at all.

Just why is it a sandbox then? Take out the grind and you dont have a sandbox?

Reactions: Connie W

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
I did not like it. Just why is it a sandbox as it is so linear. Just better writing would turn it into the VN it is.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I did not like it. Just why is it a sandbox as it is so linear. Just better writing would turn it into the VN it is.
Considering all of the other characters in the game who are present but don't have content at the moment, I believe this will have to be a sandbox and not a VN.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Because sandbox doesn't mean grind.
I know that's a shocker but the two words aren't even remotely close to being synonyms.
Well you do not know what sandbox means. It is in the games world a game without any purpose just a roam around which usually ends up in a grind because all the scenes have been played and there is nothing more to do. This game has a guidance system which will mean all the scenes will be reached sooner. There is no smooth running or decision making in a sandbox. You just click and click till all scenes are finished. Never mind the story just make the scenes. A great game LOL.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Well you do not know what sandbox means. It is in the games world a game without any purpose just a roam around which usually ends up in a grind because all the scenes have been played and there is nothing more to do. This game has a guidance system which will mean all the scenes will be reached sooner. There is no smooth running or decision making in a sandbox. You just click and click till all scenes are finished. Never mind the story just make the scenes. A great game LOL.
Good lord you're daft.

I know damn well what sandbox means and it has nothing what so ever to do with grind.
Sandbox is literally just another word for an open world game where the player gets to choose the order in which they interact with the world.

You need to stop confusing Grind aka Trainer with Sandbox. The two aren't the same..

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Considering all of the other characters in the game who are present but don't have content at the moment, I believe this will have to be a sandbox and not a VN.
That is where the writers skill is involved. In a VN you can have a list of characters and even specify relationships. In sandboxes there is no decision making just knocking off the scenes. There is no character involvement just you go there and there and thats it. Just fuck her here and here and repeat.

Reactions: Hyped

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
When I get to the store for the camera, first the clerck can't be seen, than it highliths behind the counter, and when I try to talk to her, I get the attached error message. Anybody else found this?

PS: I just realized that I'm using the incest patch. Could it bee that the patch is missing this girl "Ash" ?

PPS. Yeah, editing the patch by adding "ash" as "Ashley" (my choise of name) worked like charm. Still not appearing at the counter though.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 30 Votes