Mr.Mister

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2019
I followed the info, but anyone else got a couple of errors on the plane, and evertime nonna is a bout to speak, new errors occur?
Motherless part 2 or season 2 is a new app, not a new game, a new build with it's own files. You can't use old saves or copy your game folder from the first season. You just need to add the migration patch to the motherless first season, load your latest gamesave, (the plane scene where the mc is about to leave to italy) and click once or twice, the game will tell you that your're ready to play season 2. You don't need to make a new gamesave. Just run the other one like it's a different game, the only problem is that the mc's name isn't migrating, you need to change it using the name changer located on the characters tab. I hope this solves it for you :)

Bollagus

Nov 9, 2019
Motherless part 2 or season 2 is a new app, not a new game, a new build with it's own files. You can't use old saves or copy your game folder from the first season. You just need to add the migration patch to the motherless first season, load your latest gamesave, (the plane scene where the mc is about to leave to italy) and click once or twice, the game will tell you that your're ready to play season 2. You don't need to make a new gamesave. Just run the other one like it's a different game, the only problem is that the mc's name isn't migrating, you need to change it using the name changer located on the characters tab. I hope this solves it for you :)
Yes, I did all of this that you are telling me, and started a new game from season 2, but with the walkthrough I did get these errors. I now tried to play without the walkthrough, and no errors so far.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr.Mister

Gunners$#!!!

Oct 8, 2021
So what i am finding confusing is I got the message with migration patch that you are ready for next chapter. But when I load the save in chapter 12 it says incompatible. Do I have to start a new game to work .Thats the only thing i guess could work and rename MC from manager and my choices of past would still remain right?

• Thinking Face

Mr.Mister

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2019
So what i am finding confusing is I got the message with migration patch that you are ready for next chapter. But when I load the save in chapter 12 it says incompatible. Do I have to start a new game to work .Thats the only thing i guess could work and rename MC from manager and my choices of past would still remain right?
You don't have to use a save. Just run the game as a new game, your relationship choices will be there, the only thing you have to change is your mc's name using the name changer on the characters tab.
I'm working on a big patch with all the scenes from Motherless first season to make them playable in the 2nd season!

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
dont load game in ch12, start new there, if you went true end of chp11 relationships should carry over, whats whom to you and your name you will have to write manually

https://f95zone.to/threads/motherless-v0-12-1-0-mr-mister.48369/post-6732770

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
It carried that over for me, except for a new one.
new one what exactly :unsure:

it carry relationship status and pregnancies for all except pinky that one you have to manually enable, and name changer you just have to write what it says above, thats from previous setup and thats all that is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Mr.Mister. Well, the migration mostly works. I think ch 12 may need some minor tweaking. I see the names and I really didn't need to do anything, however starting new game in chapter 12 seems to be a little off with the name.

1. In this case, I would get this
Which I had to correct that by entering "son". In the character name, it was already set

2. Few screen after the first one, would default MC's communication as "Sam" instead of the character name that was set in previous chapter. I also confirmed the Character name was set correctly as well. I am not sure if variable was set correctly or not.

I am not planning to do any saves yet. I am just going through to see if there anything that may needs tweaking. Otherwise it not a bad migration progress. :) I just have minor feeling there may need some tweaking.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Mr.Mister the reason the save transfer isn't working like you intended is you overwrote 14 of the variables you were trying to transfer to the new installment of the game.

All of these variables:

Were overwritten here:

When you "default" a variable it gets defined or initialized when the game launches, beings you saved the persistent data to transfer over at the end of chp 11, it overwrote that data as soon as someone launches the game for chp 12.

I think I can see what you were trying to do, not lock new players out of the chp 12 version of the game. One way to do something like that would be to put a variable at the end of chp 11 to determine if the player has completed it, then check that variable when they start chp 12.

Example:

Doing something like that would allow for new players, and also have the data transferred from chp 11 overwrite the default definitions of the variables for the continuing players.

I put this at the beginning of chp 12 to fix it for me personally and commented out all of the defaults for the persistent variables you overwrote so they would transfer over to the new part.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Mr.Mister the reason the save transfer isn't working like you intended is you overwrote 14 of the variables you were trying to transfer to the new installment of the game.

All of these variables:

Were overwritten here:

When you "default" a variable it gets defined or initialized when the game launches, beings you saved the persistent data to transfer over at the end of chp 11, it overwrote that data as soon as someone launches the game for chp 12.

I think I can see what you were trying to do, not lock new players out of the chp 12 version of the game. One way to do something like that would be to put a variable at the end of chp 11 to determine if the player has completed it, then check that variable when they start chp 12.

Example:

Doing something like that would allow for new players, and also have the data transferred from chp 11 overwrite the default definitions of the variables for the continuing players.

I put this at the beginning of chp 12 to fix it for me personally and commented out all of the defaults for the persistent variables you overwrote so they would transfer over to the new part.
I haven't read the coding in years. Also it as thoughtful that you found the possible issue, explaining the conflicts issue, and providing a possible solution for Mr.Mister. Hopefully that was not from my explanation of the few issues, that I came across on with screenshots.

What you explains "I put this at the beginning of chp 12 to fix it for me personally and commented out all of the defaults for the persistent variables you overwrote so they would transfer over to the new part." is more logical sense to do.

Good thing, I copied my saved files and persistent file in another folder in the same original saves location. So I have a backup if I need to test the (new) fix or not.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

Reactions: wurg and Mr.Mister

Mr.Mister

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2019

All of these variables:

Were overwritten here:

Example:

I will try it tomorrow. Thank you very much for trying to help me. I'm pretty new to Renpy, lol.

Reactions: wurg
3.50 star(s) 123 Votes