Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Getting there. Sorry for the wait. I’m spending as much time as I can on it.
I’ll do updates a bit differently for the next version. I will post more details after I get v3 out.

Reactions: mcclem5257

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
I can't please everyone. What specifically don't you like about the freeroam feature?
The fact that freeroam is hidden? That I have to move my mouse all over the screen to see what I can click on? The fact I'm stuck in the bedroom trying to find a way out? The fact it adds nothing but tedium to the game? I wanna jerk my cock and cum, not look at a stock photo of a room trying to find something to click on.

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
The fact that freeroam is hidden? That I have to move my mouse all over the screen to see what I can click on? The fact I'm stuck in the bedroom trying to find a way out? The fact it adds nothing but tedium to the game? I wanna jerk my cock and cum, not look at a stock photo of a room trying to find something to click on.
Look at this faguette.

Can't even jerk off to a well-rendered bedroom.

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
The idea of what the bedroom freeroam adds to the game is to think of it as an intermission. A chance to take stock of the day, check on the things you may have collected, the relationship stats, etc...

You can also choose to ignore those things if they're not what you want. Although the relationship stats should give you an idea if you are moving in the right direction with the characters you're interested in. The game will add notes to the character bios and you can add your own comments.

What you can click on will remain fairly static, after the first day you should have a good idea of what's clickable.
The freeroam app on the smartphone should point you in the right direction if you're getting stuck. The amount of information will depend on your difficulty setting.

In the beginning, some of the options in the freeroam are forced, such as spying on Karla or playing online with GamerGirl. This is intended to make you aware of those game mechanics and will be optional after that (which is not unusual in game design).
Certain smartphone interactions (such as text messages) may still be mandatory, depending on story needs.

The android version doesn't have a hover option, therefore the freeroam items are highlighted with a red border. I will see if it's easy enough to make that available to desktop players via a user option.

Don't listen to the haters, you are doing amazing!
If someone takes the time to comment, I will look at what is said. That doesn't mean I will make changes to accommodate every person who doesn't like something, but there may be times when something can be done.

In this instance, the not knowing what to click on is addressed in the android version, and those images are included in the pc version (it's a runtime check for the os that determines which image is displayed). So it might be possible to address the concern raised.

Reactions: neronwtf

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
The idea of what the bedroom freeroam adds to the game is to think of it as an intermission. A chance to take stock of the day, check on the things you may have collected, the relationship stats, etc...

You can also choose to ignore those things if they're not what you want. Although the relationship stats should give you an idea if you are moving in the right direction with the characters you're interested in. The game will add notes to the character bios and you can add your own comments.

What you can click on will remain fairly static, after the first day you should have a good idea of what's clickable.
The freeroam app on the smartphone should point you in the right direction if you're getting stuck. The amount of information will depend on your difficulty setting.

In the beginning, some of the options in the freeroam are forced, such as spying on Karla or playing online with GamerGirl. This is intended to make you aware of those game mechanics and will be optional after that (which is not unusual in game design).
Certain smartphone interactions (such as text messages) may still be mandatory, depending on story needs.

The android version doesn't have a hover option, therefore the freeroam items are highlighted with a red border. I will see if it's easy enough to make that available to desktop players via a user option.

If someone takes the time to comment, I will look at what is said. That doesn't mean I will make changes to accommodate every person who doesn't like something, but there may be times when something can be done.

In this instance, the not knowing what to click on is addressed in the android version, and those images are included in the pc version (it's a runtime check for the os that determines which image is displayed). So it might be possible to address the concern raised.
also hope your updates keep being full playable days.
partial updates ruin the fun most of the time

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
I like this game and think it has a lot of promise. However, it's introducing too many women too quickly and making it really slow to advance anyone; if I had one hint for the dev its at this stage of the game less is more and we shouldn't have more than five or six women (probably even less) that we're trying to chase.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
I'm having this error when trying to open the gallery:
Rich (BB code):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/r1/custom_gui_menu.rpy", line 18, in execute
  File "game/scripts/r1/custom_gui_menu.rpy", line 28, in execute
  File "game/scripts/r1/custom_gui_menu.rpy", line 31, in execute
  File "game/scripts/r1/custom_gui_menu.rpy", line 35, in execute
  File "game/scripts/r1/custom_gui_menu.rpy", line 46, in execute
  File "game/scripts/r1/custom_gui_menu.rpy", line 47, in execute
  File "game/scripts/r1/custom_gui_menu.rpy", line 47, in keywords
  File "game/scripts/r1/custom_gui_menu.rpy", line 48, in <module>
KeyError: u'Jacquelyn'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
Mothers and Daughters 0.3.1
Sat Oct 22 19:08:14 2022
I will also suggest to put a warning frame mentioning the end of the version. I'm ejected to the main menu after the cafe scene.

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I'm having this error when trying to open the gallery:
Rich (BB code):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
Mothers and Daughters 0.3.1
Sat Oct 22 19:08:14 2022
I will also suggest to put a warning frame mentioning the end of the version. I'm ejected to the main menu after the cafe scene.
You've found a few bugs. The gallery doesn't properly initialize for Jacquelyn (the woman on the bandstand). Not helping Samantha in the cafe should lead to the next scene, not the end.

for above bugs. Version should show 0.3.1a

Last edited:

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
You've found a few bugs. The gallery doesn't properly initialize for Jacquelyn (the woman on the bandstand). Not helping Samantha in the cafe should lead to the next scene, not the end.

Hotfix for above bugs. Version should show 0.3.1a
Thanks. but it didn't work. It show 0.3.1a but I get this error
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Neither for the end error. Tried again from scratch. When I chose mall's path, I worked with Patricia, went to the sweet shops (with the three women) and then the MC goes to the cafe. Once Samantha kisses the MC, boom! it goes back to main menu.

Another question if I may ask, how do achieve the scene where you slap Maria's ass during the yoga session ?

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I'll get a full update out as soon as I can. Are you in my discord? because you're finding all the bugs!!

For the Maria scene you need to wait in the yoga class, not visit Kimberley in the pool. You need high affinity for her to respond.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Dev notes say "All the female characters (excluding your vanilla mom) are love interests."

Why then do we need an incest patch?

Rintal

May 6, 2017
I just read the overview, looked at the screenshots, and I had two questions: How many years, the MC can't finish high school? I mean, he looks about 45 years old. And why DEV specifically select the ugliest female models for this game? Is this some kind of fetish?

StarGlider

Mar 8, 2018
I can't please everyone. What specifically don't you like about the freeroam feature?
Those who hate freeroam are just snowflakes.
Nothing but Reeeeee, you continue making your game the way you want to make it, ignore those that have nothing better to do than whinge at every turn.

Every Sandbox game has them.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
I'll get a full update out as soon as I can. Are you in my discord? because you're finding all the bugs!!

For the Maria scene you need to wait in the yoga class, not visit Kimberley in the pool. You need high affinity for her to respond.
No, I'm not in your discord. In fact I don't use it, because I cannot seem to use is as a guest without sharing my cellphone number. If I find new ones I will publish here ;)
OK, it was the only route that I was missing: I did try with kissing her daughter, without doing it, turning my head or not at her house.

3.50 star(s) 35 Votes