Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
0.4.1.update is out on patreon.

it covers only a part (morning and afternoon) of one in-game day.
considering the time frame (4 months), cant say this game progress looks promising at all.
anyway, best of luck to the dev and all players.

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
0.4.1.update is out on patreon.

it covers only a part (morning and afternoon) of one in-game day.
considering the time frame (4 months), cant say this game progress looks promising at all.
anyway, best of luck to the dev and all players.
Depends how you want to look at it.

Version 0.4.1 (incl 0.4.0) Release notes
Approximately 883 renders across 11 scenes covering morning and afternoon events for playable day Monday.

Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Depends how you want to look at it.

Version 0.4.1 (incl 0.4.0) Release notes
Approximately 883 renders across 11 scenes covering morning and afternoon events for playable day Monday.
well, thanks for clarifying it.
usually 001 updates are gamefixes and minor updates.

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
well, thanks for clarifying it.
usually 001 updates are gamefixes and minor updates.
Usually, but I changed things up a bit to try and get stuff out quicker.

Posted on Patreon in November
Changes to release cycle
Version 4 will introduce changes to how the game is released and available for public download.

In an attempt to decrease the time between versions, I intend to switch to part-day releases. This was offered for version 3, but the consensus was to stick with full-day releases. However, I acknowledge the frustration with the amount of time between releases and will therefore switch anyway.

0.x.0 will encompass the morning events.
0.x.1 afternoon events.
0.x.2 evening events.
0.x.3 nighttime events.

Bug fixes or interim patches will use letters, eg 0.x.0a, 0.x.1c, etc...

Each playable day may not have events for all time periods. For instance, most days don't have nighttime events.

If an event covers multiple time periods, it will be included in the later time period release.

The part-day releases will be an update to the previous major version and will include the previous part-day release. i.e. version 0.4.2 will also include 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 content. There may be changes or fixes for those earlier time periods included in the latest part-day release.

If you don't like part-day releases, then you'll need to wait for the last time period for that playable day, which will be highlighted as the final version for that day.

Version 4 will have three part-day releases. The morning release will mainly consist of the English class. With the afternoon and evening time periods having their own release.

The classes for Tuesday (v5), Wednesday (v6), and Thursday (v7) will vary between morning and afternoon, depending on your class selection. Therefore, these days will have two part-day releases. Morning and afternoon will be combined, with evening having its own release.

Friday (v8) will have four part-day releases. The morning will be the three extra credit activities, workshop, dance, and acting. Afternoon, evening, and nighttime will each have their own release.

Reactions: CircaAD and Abhai

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
Is there a way to know if all the content has been unlocked without looking at the image folder? Because the gallery is a good thing but is separated by character and not by update.

Mad.Eyes

Jan 2, 2022
Is there a way to know if all the content has been unlocked without looking at the image folder? Because the gallery is a good thing but is separated by character and not by update.
The gallery doesn't work the same as in most other games. Rather than have a list of images you can unlock, the game adds images to the gallery as you find them in the game.
Which essentially means the gallery doesn't know about the images you haven't found yet.

Reactions: neronwtf

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
The gallery doesn't work the same as in most other games. Rather than have a list of images you can unlock, the game adds images to the gallery as you find them in the game.
Which essentially means the gallery doesn't know about the images you haven't found yet.
So the only way we have to know if we have seen all the content is looking at the renders folder?

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
So the only way we have to know if we have seen all the content is looking at the renders folder?
Yes, if you want to know what images you haven't seen you need to look at the game files.

I wanted to create a system where it was easy to add new images without having to maintain a predetermined list.
But also, it was implemented to allow alternate images. For instance, in the first scene with Victoria, you have the option to look at her cleavage. If she doesn't like you, she will cover her cleavage.

I'm not currently planning on changing the gallery system. If there's enough demand, I may look into it.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
Yes, if you want to know what images you haven't seen you need to look at the game files.

I wanted to create a system where it was easy to add new images without having to maintain a predetermined list.
But also, it was implemented to allow alternate images. For instance, in the first scene with Victoria, you have the option to look at her cleavage. If she doesn't like you, she will cover her cleavage.

I'm not currently planning on changing the gallery system. If there's enough demand, I may look into it.
It's just the way you opted to display the different paths make somehow difficult to know whether we did it all of them. If it wasn't for the renders folder and the universal mod, I wouldn't have guessed that I was missing the changing room scene with Keira, specially because the affinity and persona points are a little bit confusing.
At least it's easy to identify which folder correspond to the latest update to look at the images.

Reactions: CircaAD

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
If things are confusing I am happy to clarify and if needed, to rework how something is shown in the game.

You can think of Affinity the same as most other games manage stats. If you want to progress with a character, you need to increase your stats with that character.
It's done as a percentage to make it easier to track. Rather than having to track if the player has achieved 20 or 30 stat points, the game can look at if you've achieved a % of points on offer. And that % is lower in easy mode than it is in hard mode. It also means you don't necessarily need to play every scene with a specific character to maintain stats with them.

Persona is also similar to other games. The idea mainly comes from Dik/Chick in BaD. But I wanted to implement it on a per-character basis. Basically, you can be a total dick to one character, while being a chick to another. The issue for the player is when you have a scene with both those characters.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
the game can look at if you've achieved a %
So my suggestion would be to show there is an option but you lack X affinity/persona points to see it. Because I missed Keira's scene and I could identify where the turning point was thanks to the mod, otherwise she said goodbye and I was offered to go to the coffee shop and mall. Even if I didn't rejected her.

Basically, you can be a total dick to one character,
Again, maybe you can give some hints what this or that character like the most. Because in the in game walkthrough you said that some like most the good guy (persona), and other the affinity (playful), which is a good thing because it gives the game a sense of reality. But it would be nice to have hints to know, if we want to pursue this character.

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
So my suggestion would be to show there is an option but you lack X affinity/persona points to see it. Because I missed Keira's scene and I could identify where the turning point was thanks to the mod, otherwise she said goodbye and I was offered to go to the coffee shop and mall. Even if I didn't rejected her.
I would guess you didn't take the job at the store with Keira? Hence why there wasn't a choice to continue the scene. You'd also needed to have seen Keira in her underwear previously for that scene to play.

I understand your point. You want to know if you're missing content due to a decision you've previously made. The game is full of consequences for your choices. Most might be dialogue related, but I can't label them all. And that's where URM is working for you.

But I do accept in that specific instance I could have shown a menu, such as in the screenshot below. I may add that in v4.2

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Again, maybe you can give some hints what this or that character like the most. Because in the in game walkthrough you said that some like most the good guy (persona), and other the affinity (playful), which is a good thing because it gives the game a sense of reality. But it would be nice to have hints to know, if we want to pursue this character.
I started creating some walkthrough guides on my website. Since no one has commented on them, I've not got around to completing them.

There are hints in the game as to if a character likes a nice guy or bad boy. We'll have a quick look at the Keira path (since you mention her). I'll do it in the spoiler tag for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It's a little more nuanced than black&white.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
I would guess you didn't take the job at the store with Keira?
Yes, I did. And I ended up waiting on the corridor for her to change. That's why I didn't understand at first where the turning point was.

such as in the screenshot below.
Yes, something like this could work.

So on the third spoiler image, it doesn't matter if we choose one or another? As long as you have + points is good?

Any content yet or still teasing?
Still on the teasing side.

3.50 star(s) 35 Votes