Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
So on the third spoiler image, it doesn't matter if we choose one or another? As long as you have + points is good?
Every choice matters. If you want to be a playfully bad boy then you need to have enough nice guy points as to not drop into being a bad boy when choosing those options. That's up to you as the player to decide. Or you can use URM to modify the points, which is fine if that's how you want to play.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
That's up to you as the player to decide.
Ok, but we don't have all the info needed, because even in easy mode, some options always give positive options and it's not as easy to guess whether is one or another. See, for example, I work with her, I tried to gain most points with her, and even like this, I missed the changing room scene.
I don't like to force things with the mod, but when I can't see clearly where or what I have to change, I feel the need to do it.

Having said this, I find your game interesting, different, but the playability it's somehow not intuitive sometimes.

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
Yes, I did. And I ended up waiting on the corridor for her to change. That's why I didn't understand at first where the turning point was.

Yes, something like this could work.

So on the third spoiler image, it doesn't matter if we choose one or another? As long as you have + points is good?

Still on the teasing side.
Lol so how long we have to wait to get some content 2024?

rdblev

Mar 16, 2018
Where do you drop the update only file (Archive4.rpa) in order to update the previous version - the main file "MothersandDaughters 0.4.0a" or the "game" subfolder?

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Where do you drop the update only file (Archive4.rpa) in order to update the previous version - the main file "MothersandDaughters 0.4.0a" or the "game" subfolder?
'game' - the same folder as the other RPA files

Reactions: rdblev

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Is it just me or does the MC look way older than they're supposed to be?
Yes, it's been turned into an inside joke. The characters in the game will make the same remark.

Ok, but we don't have all the info needed, because even in easy mode, some options always give positive options and it's not as easy to guess whether is one or another. See, for example, I work with her, I tried to gain most points with her, and even like this, I missed the changing room scene.
I don't like to force things with the mod, but when I can't see clearly where or what I have to change, I feel the need to do it.

Having said this, I find your game interesting, different, but the playability it's somehow not intuitive sometimes.
Without knowing each of your choices I can't say exactly which options you should change to get your desired outcome.

But we can look at it more generally, which may help if other people are also getting confused.

Affinity and Persona are two separate systems for stat tracking. Besides just the stat tracking, there's also an action consequence. Choosing to say or do something vs keeping quiet and not doing something is equally as important as just looking at the stats you get from each option.

Stats are easy to gain and lose. You can make up the stats on the next choice, but the girl will remember which choices you pick along the way.

In the screenshot you referenced one option had 'Persona + 1' and the other 'Affinity + 1'.

What does 'Persona + 1 mean? It gives you one point towards being a nice guy.
On Easy mode, Nice Guy is between +1 and +5 on the persona scale. Bad Boy is -1 to -5 persona. You can't go beyond -5 or +5. So if you're a Nice Guy at +5 already, that persona point doesn't actually do anything.
Remember that playful bad-boy choice later in the scene? If you want to pick it, you need to have enough nice guy points to sacrifice without becoming a bad boy.

What does 'Affinity + 1' mean?
If you're wanting to pursue a character you need to have High Affinity. For Keira on Easy mode, that's 65% of available Affinity points. (On Hard mode it's 90%)
Each character has a different high-affinity threshold. For instance, on Easy mode, Natasha's high threshold is 40%, Teri's is 25%, and Amy's is 85%.

Since there's an 'Affinity + 1' choice, it means both options will increase the 'available' Affinity points by +1.
If you don't pick the Affinity choice, you effectively reduce your Affinity with Keira because Affinity is a percentage of the 'available' Affinity points you could have earned.
Example, if there were 10 affinity points available but you only scored 7. You would have 70% Affinity.

This is why I say it's up to the player to decide.

3.50 star(s) 35 Votes