VN RPGM Completed Mr. Casanova: 3 Hot RoomMates [v1.1] [SoftDream co.]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

N0bbody

Aug 28, 2017
Is MV really the best engine to make the game? I get that you are going for the open world-ish game but it seems like the time-system, the buggy walls in buildings and the dialogue that ignores previous conversations, could be easier to deal with in stuff like renpy or maybe some of the earlier RPGM engines. If you still want to make the game in MV, then maybe give the game a few more switches to for example the bathroom peek scene with Linda, considering you can peek on her showering even if she's long gone. Or maybe stop the ingame time when the player is talking to some npc or is in a scene right now. On that note, if you happen to be in a scene with a girl (Linda or Neme) in her room, you might end up locked in there and having to wait for morning. Scenes in general seem to be some other beast entirely for the game because they don't lock the player whatsoever so when the scene requires input to finish it, it's still possible to run around, with the scene playing, and start another conversation. There's also the ability to walk unto walls in certain places or the problem that you have to wait quite a bit if you want certain scenes and you can't skip time but that's not all that game breaking.

GreenLizy

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2019
Is MV really the best engine to make the game? I get that you are going for the open world-ish game but it seems like the time-system, the buggy walls in buildings and the dialogue that ignores previous conversations, could be easier to deal with in stuff like renpy or maybe some of the earlier RPGM engines. If you still want to make the game in MV, then maybe give the game a few more switches to for example the bathroom peek scene with Linda, considering you can peek on her showering even if she's long gone. Or maybe stop the ingame time when the player is talking to some npc or is in a scene right now. On that note, if you happen to be in a scene with a girl (Linda or Neme) in her room, you might end up locked in there and having to wait for morning. Scenes in general seem to be some other beast entirely for the game because they don't lock the player whatsoever so when the scene requires input to finish it, it's still possible to run around, with the scene playing, and start another conversation. There's also the ability to walk unto walls in certain places or the problem that you have to wait quite a bit if you want certain scenes and you can't skip time but that's not all that game breaking.
I’m going to fix everything in the next patch. Rpg maker isn’t that bad, but it requires lots of patience. Anyway I would like to thank everyone that moved a feedback with clarity and good manners. I need to work more with this engine but it allows to make a game very easily and, mostly important, in short time, because we all are students and university take lots of time.
Also we're using these games (this one and "are you a wizard") to test some thing of the engine, so we'll be able to choose between rpg maker or renpy for a bigger project. Anyway this is the changelog of the 0.5:

Changelog: -Mia has a new hotspot
-New scenes with Jennifer (same hotspot)
-New scene with Neme (same hotspot)
-New scene with Linda (new page)

Elbo

Mar 20, 2018
Hiya Dev, I just started playing the game and I found a bug. I talked to the redhead and then made my way to the Blonde Girl's room. Just after talking to her the game switched to nighttime and I am trapped in her room with the door locked. Stuck!

GreenLizy

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2019
Hiya Dev, I just started playing the game and I found a bug. I talked to the redhead and then made my way to the Blonde Girl's room. Just after talking to her the game switched to nighttime and I am trapped in her room with the door locked. Stuck!
Will fix, for now just wait the morning

zikegamer

May 19, 2018
i cant peek on linda, talked to jennifer about the house and was told about thin walls but cant find a way to peek on linda apart from going to the door

Deleted member 492881

Mar 13, 2018
Jennifer bug: can't get past relation 5 at work/home!
Linda bug: I clicked the pages but can't get any scenes with her, help?
This game is sooooo bugged.

GreenLizy

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2019
Jennifer bug: can't get past relation 5 at work/home!
Linda bug: I clicked the pages but can't get any scenes with her, help?
This game is sooooo bugged.
For Linda, have you talked to her in the library?
For Jennifer I don't understand but I will remove the relationship cap so maybe the problem won't show again

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Is there a guide for this?
I know there is an anal tag, how and where? Also this Real time deal is very half assed.

GreenLizy

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2019
0.8 for window:

Changelog: wip

The 1.0 will be released on my patreon at the end of this month (24 - 28) and I will make both window and mac versions.
Waiting new drawings I've already started the next project with some pictures, if you want to follow its development you can enter in our discord (only for patrons) or look this thread : https://f95zone.to/threads/tamashi-development-thread.37963/

D

Deleted member 2738

I remember trying this and noticed a large amount of bugs due to GreenLizy's lack of experience with RPG Maker (no offense).
Has it improved? I'm not picking I'm just deciding on how long I should wait before trying this game out.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote