Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
zths
A QoL improvement req and some questions:

is it possible to add the feature to have a global hotkey for unloading and reloading -I guess this would be the much trickier part- the translation (file) on the fly, perhaps? Like, say, when at times the TL you see is undoubtedly bullshit, and this way you can switch the JP text back and do a quick OCR, then switch back again?

if there is a version update for a game, and say, you update it from 1.02 -for which you did the mtool translation- to a, say, v1.05 which fixes bugs, has "typographical corrections" and maybe has some added content as well, what would using the v1.02 mtool TrsData.json do then? Would it just sometimes throw untranslated lines (where new content and corrected lines are concerned), or could it actually perchance bug out a v1.05 at times? I know the best would be to redo the TL again, but let's say I'm a supporter, and wouldn't want to waste MBs of bandwidth of Sugoi for a couple of kilobytes of changed/added lines? Any advice?

Hmm, I think that's it for now.
Thanks for the wonderful tool by the way!(y)

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
Very handy, thank you! Is it possible to translate only the vars shown inside the tool itself? For example, I'm using this for cheats in a translated game, Idol Hands, but these vars are all in what I think is Chinese:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
zths
A QoL improvement req and some questions:

is it possible to add the feature to have a global hotkey for unloading and reloading -I guess this would be the much trickier part- the translation (file) on the fly, perhaps? Like, say, when at times the TL you see is undoubtedly bullshit, and this way you can switch the JP text back and do a quick OCR, then switch back again?

if there is a version update for a game, and say, you update it from 1.02 -for which you did the mtool translation- to a, say, v1.05 which fixes bugs, has "typographical corrections" and maybe has some added content as well, what would using the v1.02 mtool TrsData.json do then? Would it just sometimes throw untranslated lines (where new content and corrected lines are concerned), or could it actually perchance bug out a v1.05 at times? I know the best would be to redo the TL again, but let's say I'm a supporter, and wouldn't want to waste MBs of bandwidth of Sugoi for a couple of kilobytes of changed/added lines? Any advice?

Hmm, I think that's it for now.
Thanks for the wonderful tool by the way!(y)
On most engines, I can't replace text that is already on the screen.
The translation has to wait until the next line is displayed.
So your requirement is not useful...

On the issue of wasting usage, I'm not going to change that.
Having operated for these days, the model that actually works in China doesn't seem to work great outside it, and if things get worse, When I can't afford the cost I'll probably shut down some services.

Very handy, thank you! Is it possible to translate only the vars shown inside the tool itself? For example, I'm using this for cheats in a translated game, Idol Hands, but these vars are all in what I think is Chinese:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just translate the entire game directly, the normal text will not be affected.

Reactions: drpavelcia

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
On most engines, I can't replace text that is already on the screen.
The translation has to wait until the next line is displayed.
So your requirement is not useful...
M'kay, yes indeed, just tried it on VX Ace and MV, and yup, a click / next line was needed before the "Restore original text" and "Load translation file" actions could take effect. I was hoping that something along the lines of what XUnity AT can do in Unity games could be managed here, but alas, it doesn't seem to be achievable.
Also, my "req" was meant as short for "request", definitely not as "requirement". I'm a gentleman, Sir! Would never say something like that! ;)
On the issue of wasting usage, I'm not going to change that.
Having operated for these days, the model that actually works in China doesn't seem to work great outside it, and if things get worse, When I can't afford the cost I'll probably shut down some services.
That's completely fair. Still wondering, what would happen if someone played, say, a v1.09 with a v1.02 TrsData.json? I guess probably nothing, just some lines not translated, right? I assume it won't encounter errors or "be reverted back" to a v1.02 just because of that...
Arigatou!

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
M'kay, yes indeed, just tried it on VX Ace and MV, and yup, a click / next line was needed before the "Restore original text" and "Load translation file" actions could take effect. I was hoping that something along the lines of what XUnity AT can do in Unity games could be managed here, but alas, it doesn't seem to be achievable.
Also, my "req" was meant as short for "request", definitely not as "requirement". I'm a gentleman, Sir! Would never say something like that! ;)
That's completely fair. Still wondering, what would happen if someone played, say, a v1.09 with a v1.02 TrsData.json? I guess probably nothing, just some lines not translated, right? I assume it won't encounter errors or "be reverted back" to a v1.02 just because of that...
Arigatou!
About that requirement, I don't know what word to use accurately because my English is not very good.

And about the version of the translation file, which normally only causes missing translations should not have other problems.
If there is a problem it's must be a bug that needs to fix.

Reactions: Zippix

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
your tool isn't loading, instead I install on the game.exe and it runs and says 'start with the tool' and I try it the other way and run the bat file start with tool.. it says 'start with the tool' again.. I uninstall from the game and install again.. same thing..

what is going on??? it worked before this

..well, I updated to the latest version and now it's working.. I was using the last 'stable' version.. that makes no sense

Last edited:

Deltaecho6

Jul 2, 2021
Yo this is a great tool. Working with most games I try translating. Nice youtube tutorials. Just recently it worked on the game
Married woman and two people on the island(人妻とふたり島の上)RJ340547
Keep up the updates man.

Reactions: zths

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
your tool isn't loading, instead I install on the game.exe and it runs and says 'start with the tool' and I try it the other way and run the bat file start with tool.. it says 'start with the tool' again.. I uninstall from the game and install again.. same thing..

what is going on??? it worked before this

..well, I updated to the latest version and now it's working.. I was using the last 'stable' version.. that makes no sense
The 'stable' version actually which not means stable, is more like less update frequency version.

Reactions: Shadowclonezero

goodick

Feb 2, 2021
zths do you have archive for older version? i'm having a weird problem, there are some games that used to run perfectly with this tool last year but now cant. The game crashed when i press "Install and run" or "Inject into running game". Since this only happened recently, i figure i might try older version.

HappyGoomba

Mar 7, 2020
Just started using the tool and loving it so far.

Weird question though: Where is this icon in the files?
1650135030173.png

I'd like to use it instead of the generic nw.exe icon on my start menu.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
The tool always worked okay for me, (just once bugged out and ate up a lot of resources in background), but lately the quality went to trash. Not sure if I am translating wrong games, but the sentences are all over the place, large parts of them usually untranslated, with like 3 words in the middle translated (usually names for some reason).

Not sure if updates changed something or I have a bad setting somewhere, weird.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Just started using the tool and loving it so far.

Weird question though: Where is this icon in the files?
View attachment 1760779

I'd like to use it instead of the generic nw.exe icon on my start menu.
It's just Another generic nwjs default icon...
I don't know where it locate either.
The tool always worked okay for me, (just once bugged out and ate up a lot of resources in background), but lately the quality went to trash. Not sure if I am translating wrong games, but the sentences are all over the place, large parts of them usually untranslated, with like 3 words in the middle translated (usually names for some reason).

Not sure if updates changed something or I have a bad setting somewhere, weird.
What game is it, if the game language are based "Latin Characters" (like english) This is a problem are already exists, and there is no good solution.
I have a " English Game Translation Fix " feature for this, but it's not Always work and it's costs more money when translate.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
It's just Another generic nwjs default icon...
I don't know where it locate either.

What game is it, if the game language are based "Latin Characters" (like english) This is a problem are already exists, and there is no good solution.
I have a " English Game Translation Fix " feature for this, but it's not Always work and it's costs more money when translate.
It is this one .
I am using textractor with deepl and that works fine.

I think that weirdly the untranslated struff was happening when the sentence had a colored word? The colored word was the only one translated and the rest untranslated.

I already encountered this once a few weeks back, but chalked it up to only the game back then.

Also playing without mtool, I noticed that mtool messed up some stuff. Like the doorbell sound effect would not play, just a weird "silence" when it was supposed to happen. Guess the game and mtool just do not see eye to eye.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
It is this one .
I am using textractor with deepl and that works fine.

I think that weirdly the untranslated struff was happening when the sentence had a colored word? The colored word was the only one translated and the rest untranslated.

I already encountered this once a few weeks back, but chalked it up to only the game back then.

Also playing without mtool, I noticed that mtool messed up some stuff. Like the doorbell sound effect would not play, just a weird "silence" when it was supposed to happen. Guess the game and mtool just do not see eye to eye.
I'll take a look later.

Reactions: Kulman

BrightNight77

May 15, 2020
The fullscreen mode(f11) in wolfrpg games(like Pronant Symphony) gets bugged after using this tool once. Can you fix this please.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes