Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
So what's the deal, want getting everything for free?
I Think you are misunderstanding, no one is saying they don't want to pay for your tool, quite the opposite.
Unlike some of the people here I don't even think a subscription is unreasonable, just that the degree of configurability and dependence on your server backend is problematic regardless of where you set the price or what payment model you use.
It sounds like you don't think anyone will pay for your tool unless you force them to, but there's plenty of evidence to the contrary when you look at other software packages on patreon.

Basically,
I'm not complaining about the price tag
I'm complaining that there's no way to configure your application to run without routing through your backend services- to the extent I would happily pay more money for that capability.

Note: To clarify my comment on the language barrier was just in reference to this forum and this conversation specifically, not your audience at large. I don't think anyone in this conversation is speaking their native language and it shows a bit :)

Reactions: beppemistero

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I Think you are misunderstanding, no one is saying they don't want to pay for your tool, quite the opposite.
Unlike some of the people here I don't even think a subscription is unreasonable, just that the degree of configurability and dependence on your server backend is problematic regardless of where you set the price or what payment model you use.
It sounds like you don't think anyone will pay for your tool unless you force them to, but there's plenty of evidence to the contrary when you look at other software packages on patreon.

Basically,
I'm not complaining about the price tag
I'm complaining that there's no way to configure your application to run without routing through your backend services- to the extent I would happily pay more money for that capability.

Note: To clarify my comment on the language barrier was just in reference to this forum and this conversation specifically, not your audience at large. I don't think anyone in this conversation is speaking their native language and it shows a bit :)
Actually, the problem is a little different, and my tool is less likely to have major problems now.

Switching to a pay-for-version model, that's probably the end of it.
(Even if you do pay for it, more people don't pay for small problems)

And by the way, as mentioned above, ease of use and fairness.

Also, My income in China is dominated, and my experience is online or dead.

Piracy, piracy, piracy, I don't live in such a wonderful place, and you know, it's not that wonderful as proved by this site.

So, unlike you, more users should be thinking about "wow, finally it's free"...

This gives a hobby area that is not popular enough for just a small number of people to get enough pay.
This is a cold niche hobby.
These games, as long as they sell more than 10,000, that's wow awesome!

Finally, I am providing a service, so you are really paying for the service, not the future.
I didn't promise anything, what you see is what you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
Also, My income in China is dominated, and my experience is online or dead.
Piracy, piracy, piracy, I don't live in such a wonderful place, and you know, it's not that wonderful as proved by this site.
I can't speak to your chinese audience, but I think you will find even on sites like this one where copyright is openly mocked as a concept, there are many who pay for products, and even more who contribute to creators like yourself.
It's unfortunate if the chinese audience is utterly unwilling to pay without elbow twisting.:cry:
I have not had much exposure to chinese culture but was always told it was very much focused on reputation, I thought that would make them more likely to deal fairly, but it sounds that is not the case.

Finally, I am providing a service, so you are really paying for the service, not the future.
I guess the big gap in our perspectives is that I don't see you as selling a service (translation backend), but a product (realtime text insertion tool), which is needlessly bundled with a service I don't need.

But thanks for communicating, not all tool authors do and this has been an informative conversation.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I can't speak to your chinese audience, but I think you will find even on sites like this one where copyright is openly mocked as a concept, there are many who pay for products, and even more who contribute to creators like yourself.
It's unfortunate if the chinese audience is utterly unwilling to pay without elbow twisting.:cry:
I have not had much exposure to chinese culture but was always told it was very much focused on reputation, I thought that would make them more likely to deal fairly, but it sounds that is not the case.

I guess the big gap in our perspectives is that I don't see you as selling a service (translation backend), but a product (realtime text insertion tool), which is needlessly bundled with a service I don't need.

But thanks for communicating, not all tool authors do and this has been an informative conversation.
We are not same standing, you are talking about I'm 'e-bagging', and what ever about it, I can't take the risk to change, and you can't back me anything.
You're talking many about to pay, but I'm used to make a vote about pay for the game, or naver pay, the naver gets 80%+ win.
It's the truth, That's why Denuvo anti-temper it's stand.
I'm just protecting myself.

Stop trying tell me 'stop protect yourself, peoples are friendly'.
Some are, but they wouldn't protect you from the bad guys.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
We are not same standing, you are talking about I'm 'e-bagging', and what ever about it, I can't take the risk to change, and you can't back me anything.
You're talking many about to pay, but I'm used to make a vote about pay for the game, or naver pay, the naver gets 80%+ win.
It's the truth, That's why Denuvo anti-temper it's stand.
I'm just protecting myself.

Stop trying tell me 'stop protect yourself, peoples are friendly'.
Some are, but they wouldn't protect you from the bad guys.
Relax, We all have the same standing here, and no one is attacking you.

beppemistero

Jan 24, 2019
Yes, because no one is responsible for making free tools. (If he can't bring in benefits in other areas)

Completely offline = easy to crack = few copies to sell = you won't get something that works very well, because the developers only want to make it for themselves.

I started out making a live cheat for myself, it didn't work well, but it worked well enough for me, because I had the skills.

If that was the end of it you wouldn't have noticed my tool.

Even if you pay 300$ it won't change anything.

The software will not be improved, there will only be a broken version in the world, and over time it will no longer be usable.

I call it a "tool", but it's a serious software, You enjoy it, not work with it.

Anyway, it's up to anyone to leave, and complaining about it here means it works well and you see the benefits, but you choose not to use it for some reason.
I'm not forcing anyone to "use my tool or destroy your computer".

So it's better for everyone if you don't use it, I reduce my expenses, and you have a good mood.
No need to also be sour.
I believe you opened this thread for feedbacks, my feedback is that a software build by a small developer for this kind of work gets counter productive and anti users if it's kept always online with a monthly subscription as a business model.
That works for big developers that target the businesses and professional sector. Not the "horny anons on a forum"

But in the end the code is yours, and you rightfully threat it as you see fit.

But don't act sour when you get criticize for your choices. If you decided to put monetary gain above all other aspects, is your choice. Like is our choice to use this free space to give you feedbacks about this decision, because if tomorrow you find a better way to make money, this "tool" will be dead. Not because of getting cracked or other stuff, all is needed with this business model is for you to find a better way to make money, then you'll move all of your resources towards that better way, and this software will be lost to time.

If you don't want feedbacks about this topic, just put a short FAQ at the beginning of the thread explaining.

Reactions: /;/

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
unable Inject DllF ? is that anti-virus problem or newer game version problem?
If you can see 'winmm.dll' or 'version.dll' under game dictionary, try start the game directly, If that doesn't work too, you should re-install your system.

darakkuu

Apr 6, 2020
Hello. Maybe abit unusual question, but is there function to send untranslated text to the clipboard? Or to any fast accessible place, really.
I pretty good at understanding untranslated text when it's complimented with romanization of kanji, so this option for me would'we been much better than regular machine translation.
One of the reason I asking this bacause my old preferable hook applications don't seem to work properly with some of games, while your program manages to get text out.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Hello. Maybe abit unusual question, but is there function to send untranslated text to the clipboard? Or to any fast accessible place, really.
I pretty good at understanding untranslated text when it's complimented with romanization of kanji, so this option for me would'we been much better than regular machine translation.
One of the reason I asking this bacause my old preferable hook applications don't seem to work properly with some of games, while your program manages to get text out.
I haven't made such function.
For me, it's unacceptable for waiting between display and translate.

Reactions: darakkuu

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
If you can see 'winmm.dll' or 'version.dll' under game dictionary, try start the game directly, If that doesn't work too, you should re-install your system.
it's a strange issue though, because it only happens with one new released game.. I never get the dialog error pop-up with any other game
(forgot to mention that it does have winmm.dll, in this case)
(game is [Geocentrism Theory] Doppelganger of Light and Shadow (Ver1.04) [RE373721])

well, I used the startwithtool.bat and it started without that error showing up.. that is very strange.. when I had the mtool up and started the game, I got the error, but with startwithtool.bat I don't..
is there a good reason for that?

Last edited:

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
it's a strange issue though, because it only happens with one new released game.. I never get the dialog error pop-up with any other game
(forgot to mention that it does have winmm.dll, in this case)
(game is [Geocentrism Theory] Doppelganger of Light and Shadow (Ver1.04) [RE373721])

well, I used the startwithtool.bat and it started without that error showing up.. that is very strange.. when I had the mtool up and started the game, I got the error, but with startwithtool.bat I don't..
is there a good reason for that?
But how the tool start the game is: write the " startwithtool.bat ", then start the " startwithtool.bat ".
Which is the same thing.

Adhuan

Jul 31, 2017
Hello, I'm trying to translate a game, but when clicking on start translation, it displays StdErr, so the translation doesn't take place. Any way of solving this?

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Hello, I'm trying to translate a game, but when clicking on start translation, it displays StdErr, so the translation doesn't take place. Any way of solving this?
Keep click on start translation.

Aug 7, 2019
So I wanted to rename the folder that Mtool is located in and I can't because it says there's a process open.

I tried checking task manager and didn't find anything, so I went into Resource Monitor and there's a program running called "svchost.exe (LocalService -p)".

I tried ending it through Resource Monitor and every time I do it restarts because I still can't rename the folder. I refresh Windows Explorer, go back into Resource Monitor for another search and it's back up.

Any advice in regards to closing this so I can rename this folder? If I can't figure this out I might just nuke the whole thing because having an unknown zombie program running is setting off alarm bells in my brain.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes