Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
So I wanted to rename the folder that Mtool is located in and I can't because it says there's a process open.

I tried checking task manager and didn't find anything, so I went into Resource Monitor and there's a program running called "svchost.exe (LocalService -p)".

I tried ending it through Resource Monitor and every time I do it restarts because I still can't rename the folder. I refresh Windows Explorer, go back into Resource Monitor for another search and it's back up.

Any advice in regards to closing this so I can rename this folder? If I can't figure this out I might just nuke the whole thing because having an unknown zombie program running is setting off alarm bells in my brain.
did you "install & run" the tool to wrong path and made the winmm.dll Or version.dll and "injectpath" persist in the 'PATH', Or something will loaded to a Services?

If not, maybe antivirus block and held the file will also get this problem. (move it to the whitelist may not work with some antivirus, It only allow the file to run, but It will still hold it.)

Special case: mv/mz/tyrano's tools hook the "CreateProcessW", so the processes started with them are continuously injected into the child processes.
So something is being injected with the start-up.
(The hook is because Chrome is multi-process and only hooking the main process does not do the job of inject tool.)

Worst case: you have a game with a virus, you install a tool on the game, and since the tool is automatically loaded by "version.dll" or "winmm.dll" in the same directory with all programs, so they are loaded at the same time the file is loaded, it doesn't do anything, but the file is used.
(It can be associated with special cases.)

If some file is holding by others, you should not be able update the tool either. (because it's holding files)
so since everyone can update It, it can be clearly shows there's no virus in the tool like you are showing.

Normally you should find out which files are occupied (delete them one by one), and determine the final problem.
(The file should be "loaders/????Hook.dll")

Some document:

In any case, if the file is already occupied you will have a hard time dealing with the problem.
You need to find the " injectPath " file where it was called and delete it.
Then end the process.
Then you can delete the tool.

But the problem is that together with the winmm.dll or version.dll it is still occupied.
(Although it is a copied file, it does not affect the tool but it is still loaded, But you will get a ErrorMesageBox with a "E" showing up when it startup.)

I don't think you can install the tool under C:\Windows\SysWOW64 or C:\Windows\System32, so it's possible that you installed the tool in a path inside the PATH variable.
(But this is not likely, because if so, most of the programs on your computer will be injected by winmm/version .dll)

To be honest your problem is confusing.

Anyway, it's hard to determine what problem you are facing.
I'd need remote assistance to be sure of the problem, but I don't think you'd trust me.

If you would like to get remote assistance from me, join this Discord server to contact.

Last edited:
Reactions: WombatCombat450

Gwin

Jul 18, 2018
The last update bring one problem: The tool shows that I have no adx instruction on my processor, but everything else works fine. There were no such problems before. Will there be problems in the future? Processor - Intel i7 4800MQ.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
The last update bring one problem: The tool shows that I have no adx instruction on my processor, but everything else works fine. There were no such problems before. Will there be problems in the future? Processor - Intel i7 4800MQ.
If everything works fine, you can ignore it.

ProAkronimo

Aug 20, 2021
Is there a way to manipulate battles beyond the basics? I'd like to ignore the barriers, like stamina caps and all. Using the skill directly maybe. Or even inject enemies in the middle of the fight. It would be pretty cool.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Is there a way to manipulate battles beyond the basics? I'd like to ignore the barriers, like stamina caps and all. Using the skill directly maybe. Or even inject enemies in the middle of the fight. It would be pretty cool.
haven't think about it, but the skills things can be done by 'godmode' just unchecked the hp box.

Aug 7, 2019
did you "install & run" the tool to wrong path and made the winmm.dll Or version.dll and "injectpath" persist in the 'PATH', Or something will loaded to a Services?

If not, maybe antivirus block and held the file will also get this problem. (move it to the whitelist may not work with some antivirus, It only allow the file to run, but It will still hold it.)

Special case: mv/mz/tyrano's tools hook the "CreateProcessW", so the processes started with them are continuously injected into the child processes.
So something is being injected with the start-up.
(The hook is because Chrome is multi-process and only hooking the main process does not do the job of inject tool.)

Worst case: you have a game with a virus, you install a tool on the game, and since the tool is automatically loaded by "version.dll" or "winmm.dll" in the same directory with all programs, so they are loaded at the same time the file is loaded, it doesn't do anything, but the file is used.
(It can be associated with special cases.)

If some file is holding by others, you should not be able update the tool either. (because it's holding files)
so since everyone can update It, it can be clearly shows there's no virus in the tool like you are showing.

Normally you should find out which files are occupied (delete them one by one), and determine the final problem.
(The file should be "loaders/????Hook.dll")

Some document:

In any case, if the file is already occupied you will have a hard time dealing with the problem.
You need to find the " injectPath " file where it was called and delete it.
Then end the process.
Then you can delete the tool.

But the problem is that together with the winmm.dll or version.dll it is still occupied.
(Although it is a copied file, it does not affect the tool but it is still loaded, But you will get a ErrorMesageBox with a "E" showing up when it startup.)

I don't think you can install the tool under C:\Windows\SysWOW64 or C:\Windows\System32, so it's possible that you installed the tool in a path inside the PATH variable.
(But this is not likely, because if so, most of the programs on your computer will be injected by winmm/version .dll)

To be honest your problem is confusing.

Anyway, it's hard to determine what problem you are facing.
I'd need remote assistance to be sure of the problem, but I don't think you'd trust me.

If you would like to get remote assistance from me, join this Discord server to contact.
Apologies I've got a busy week ahead so I may not be able to handle this immediately but I absolutely appreciate the advice and response. I'm also not very computer literate, quite frankly, so it may be a bit difficult for me to figure out but I'll try deleting things and seeing exactly where the problem is and report back at some point in the near future if you're available to comment. If you're not that's totally cool but I do appreciate the assistance

Again thanks a ton

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Apologies I've got a busy week ahead so I may not be able to handle this immediately but I absolutely appreciate the advice and response. I'm also not very computer literate, quite frankly, so it may be a bit difficult for me to figure out but I'll try deleting things and seeing exactly where the problem is and report back at some point in the near future if you're available to comment. If you're not that's totally cool but I do appreciate the assistance

Again thanks a ton
I also want to know what happened, and I hope that I can prevent similar problems from happening again.
So I'd like to see what the problem is if I can.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019

Again thanks a ton
Download and run , go to Find -> Find Handle or DLL -> Enter full path to folder with the file(s) you can't delete. It will list all process names and ID's that are currently accessing that path. Note the PID(s) listed in the search window.
Navigate to the main window and sort by PID(click that column), highlight the process with the correct ID and hit CTRL+C, paste that to zths in PM or in this thread - Repeat if you found several processes.
It shouldn't contain any personal information outside of potentially your Windows account name.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Is it possible to activate events on Wolf games, just like you can on RPGMaker games?
No, it's too hard.

Because this engine does not have a scripting engine.
The compatibility of my Implementation between versions should be terrible, because I need to reverse engineer to restore all the data structures.

I've done too much reverse engineering on this engine, and there are probably a bunch of things to do with each engine update.

Unless the author of the engine provides me the source code, there should be no further additions of features for this engine.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
this tool don't support deepl translator?
It really doesn't support any translator engines.
Instead it sends everything to the tooldevs personal servers, and does the translation there, then sends it back.
That means you have no control over the configuration elements of the translation system.

• Wow
Reactions: -FibaG-

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
i dont think theres a tool out there that supports paid translators. Remember, you can only translate 1000words max with deepl.
There are, but honestly, Sugoi is better for this use case, and you can run it locally on your system.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
you mean with translator ++? But you have to check for errors etc. I dont think you can compare mtool with it,
There are some other tools as well,
I'm not trying to make an mtool specific comparison, It's just that deepl and sugoi are both neural network translation systems, so they share a lot of characteristics, but sugoi handles vernacular and casual speech far better than deepl, so if you are trying to make a decision between the two sugoi is probably the one to go with, and there is a version of it hooked into mtools backend, so deepl would be a bit redundant.

uuuuuuz

Sep 18, 2018
Hello i am not sure was it mentioned before or not but an option (Mouse teleport) that allows to teleport instead of moving by clicking mouse LMB also works with RMB. I am used older version where it was working only with LMB and i think its more convenient since you can open menu without your character being dragged all over the screen.
PS: its a great tool thank you for making it.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes