Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Woorikiri

Jun 14, 2017
So, I'm trying to get a game whose script is 6.6mb translated with the Sugoi option, but it keeps timing out, is there a way to resume from where it left off or do I just have to settle for Google or Translator++.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
So, I'm trying to get a game whose script is 6.6mb translated with the Sugoi option, but it keeps timing out, is there a way to resume from where it left off or do I just have to settle for Google or Translator++.
you can try more times, the progress will continue.
6.6mb is too big, several timeouts are excepted.

Woorikiri

Jun 14, 2017
you can try more times, the progress will continue.
6.6mb is too big, several timeouts are excepted.
Thanks, it worked, though it did take around 15 retries and about 2 hours. That said, it was still preferable to using my own instance of Sugoi with Translator++, spending time to make sure it didn't fuck up scripts, then messing around with rpgmakertrans (Last time I tried to inject into the sequel, it wouldn't work without exporting as an rpgmakertrans file and using that instead).

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Thanks, it worked, though it did take around 15 retries and about 2 hours. That said, it was still preferable to using my own instance of Sugoi with Translator++, spending time to make sure it didn't fuck up scripts, then messing around with rpgmakertrans (Last time I tried to inject into the sequel, it wouldn't work without exporting as an rpgmakertrans file and using that instead).
It should be faster in the future, I've added more servers and rewritten some of the code that was hitting performance.
You can expect your translation like this to be completed in 5-10 minutes. (6.6 mb in size)

AmethyXia

Apr 17, 2018
Is there wraping txt feature? Cause the text go out of dialog box specially when long vocal letter appear. This also happen on translator++ but they give auto wrap text after n word/letter. I didn't know this problem also happen on MTool. I found line wrap compacibility feature but after turn it on nothing change, there's still dialog got out of box. This is my first time using Mtool

Zenneto

Nov 22, 2019
Two questions:
Is there a way to disable the popups? They get a little annoying after a while.

It said there are two modes. The default one makes the tool slower, but can bypass the firewall on its own. Is there a way to make the application bypass the firewall another way?

alma001

Sep 16, 2017
Is it possible with this tool to copy text to clipboard on the fly from the dialog box? I've tried to use Textractor for that but it always freezes with RPGM games.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Is it possible with this tool to copy text to clipboard on the fly from the dialog box? I've tried to use Textractor for that but it always freezes with RPGM games.
Nope. It's definitely not an on-the-fly type of tool, like textractor. This grabs everything it sees as translatable from the game, uses a TL service to translate that, then re-injects the TL'd lines.

That said, I'd love a shortcut key for 'Restore Original Text' and maybe reload current scenario with it...*

Anyhow, thanks for making the "try get more text from script" available for LV2 too, zths. I think it may help a bit with some MV/MZ, after giving it a try.
Sugoi is acting up though, it would seem to me (maybe because of the service itself getting updated or the offline model version changes?). Is the tool using the sugoi online services or an offline Levi or v4.0, btw?
An example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It COULD be because of those weird JP punctuations and spaces? Maybe? (Probably.)
It is my experience anyway. Sometimes the translators just shit themselves, and most of the time it's these symbols or a special combination of them at cause.
Not often -but still too often to not be noticeable- Google just loses entire sentences, and be it Google/DeepL/Sugoi, we can oftentimes get something like this (another example)
They just go stupid. Two whole lines of Japanese text ignored. Guess it's maybe some loop? Happens with everything, here and there.
*which is why something like the Replacer extension in Textractor (which could be used BEFORE the data is sent to the translator service)
could actually prove really helpful imho (and in fact that replacement does fix up a good chunk of problems).
Dunno how resource-sensitive it would prove to scan through everything before sending -and perhaps changing things-, though...
Just an idea.

Bceause in these situations, you can only try restoring the original text, then have it redisplayed (however you can) and either OCR or textractor it.

Zenneto

Nov 22, 2019
Would it be possible for the next update to add enemy controls for RPG Maker VX Ace, MV and MZ? So you can force enemies to use certain attacks and stuff.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
zths
After getting the most recent update for mtool, and redoing the Sugoi TL for the game from my first example above, am happy to report that there were no more untranslated lines anymore (well, I looked at the first ~150 lines or so)
, so thanks - whatever you did, helped! Hope my suggestion was of use.
Arigatou!

Sep 5, 2021
I was trying to translate this demo but it just ended up breaking the game where pictures won't show up, and sometimes the game just outright stops in the middle of a conversation.
Is it because mtool can't detect the plugins or codes that are not supposed to be translated?

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Is there wraping txt feature? Cause the text go out of dialog box specially when long vocal letter appear. This also happen on translator++ but they give auto wrap text after n word/letter. I didn't know this problem also happen on MTool. I found line wrap compacibility feature but after turn it on nothing change, there's still dialog got out of box. This is my first time using Mtool
No, the "auto text wrap" added by tool will break most of text related plugins.
You should Adjust the font size.
Two questions:
Is there a way to disable the popups? They get a little annoying after a while.

It said there are two modes. The default one makes the tool slower, but can bypass the firewall on its own. Is there a way to make the application bypass the firewall another way?
1. Look the misc Tab.
2. What you mean, I can't understand.
How to disable automatic translation?
Will you can delete "TrsData.bin".
Would it be possible for the next update to add enemy controls for RPG Maker VX Ace, MV and MZ? So you can force enemies to use certain attacks and stuff.
No, This feature will break the flow of many plugins.
Do you have to keep subscribing to use the paid translation?
yes.
I was trying to translate this demo but it just ended up breaking the game where pictures won't show up, and sometimes the game just outright stops in the middle of a conversation.
Is it because mtool can't detect the plugins or codes that are not supposed to be translated?
The fix for "pictures won't show up" will come with next update.
(since the game are now really release yet, i'll wait a while for update.)
And aboutr the "game just outright stops in the middle of a conversation" i want more info, i need to know where it will stop.

Sep 5, 2021
And aboutr the "game just outright stops in the middle of a conversation" i want more info, i need to know where it will stop.
1677211756585.png 1677211780585.png
I tried replaying it again to find the bug. And when it happened, I checked the view active event and it's always after or when it's at the plugin command "skit slideOut". I can make the game work again by restoring the original text and manually pressing the GoTo at the common event. But sometimes it just freezes and I can't do anything about it, not even loading a save.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes