Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
Great to see this game back, I had completely forgotten about it and I really enjoyed the story. At this point, it's like a new game.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Looking at those comparisons, I wonder how quickly the people bitching could do that same work if they were going from (what looks like) vanilla HS to modded this much, and how much the lighting and shadow mods alone slow down scene rendering, if it's anything like real-time rasterization in a typical 3D game.
None of that makes the remake necessary or prevents him from releasing it incrementally. But yes, it does look great.

Reactions: B2B2

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Breaking news: Simping florida man is talking about 'critical thinking' to others
Apparently, looking forward to the story continuing and the roughness of the earlier scenes being ironed out is "simping" now. Who knew?
For the record, the most I've ever been willing to contribute to any VN or other adult game is time in the form of code. I don't gamble with finances, especially when people like you push devs to drop their project.

None of that makes the remake necessary or prevents him from releasing it incrementally. But yes, it does look great.
Necessary, no. But if it's like literally any other 3D engine in the world, sharper and more precise lighting and more accurate shadows can double or even triple the amount of power needed to render a full scene. We don't know how much of the scene behind the camera is being rendered before the camera is placed to get the right image. We don't know the base resolution that Devil is rendering in before compressing it down. And we don't know if that's changed since the original version, maybe because of new hardware, maybe because of a new minimum bar for quality, maybe both. And this is all assuming it's been updated to use modern API's like Vulkan/DX12. If it's still using older ones, then that's going to be even more painful.

Now I'm curious, is there a mod for Honey Select, either version, that can allow it to leverage the raytracing capabilities of modern GPU's?

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Apparently, looking forward to the story continuing and the roughness of the earlier scenes being ironed out is "simping" now. Who knew?
For the record, the most I've ever been willing to contribute to any VN or other adult game is time in the form of code. I don't gamble with finances, especially when people like you push devs to drop their project.

Necessary, no. But if it's like literally any other 3D engine in the world, sharper and more precise lighting and more accurate shadows can double or even triple the amount of power needed to render a full scene. We don't know how much of the scene behind the camera is being rendered before the camera is placed to get the right image. We don't know the base resolution that Devil is rendering in before compressing it down. And we don't know if that's changed since the original version, maybe because of new hardware, maybe because of a new minimum bar for quality, maybe both. And this is all assuming it's been updated to use modern API's like Vulkan/DX12. If it's still using older ones, then that's going to be even more painful.

Now I'm curious, is there a mod for Honey Select, either version, that can allow it to leverage the raytracing capabilities of modern GPU's?
Literally none of what you just said has anything to do with what I said or what people have criticized the Dev for.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Each release takes time to polish for the end user, I used to do partial updates. It's harder and takes more time.
And as I said before, I don't want to part remade content because it would make a gap between quality and look weird.
If you don't want to do it, that's your prerogative, obviously I don't think it's a good decision. Especially if it means not having anything to release for well over a year and a half, which will likely be at least 2 years by the time it is ready. Not to mention that you're not actually able to get real feedback without releasing anything either.

I don't see how there would be a gap between quality when, as far as I'm aware, you started remaking it from the beginning. You don't need to include the old content with the remake since you were remaking it all anyway.

Regardless, I think it's a genuinely great game and the remade content looks excellent, so I wish you luck in making the game, I just think you're shooting yourself in the foot.

• Angry
Reactions: Kellerkind207

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019

You guys know that Honey Select and all other Illusion games requires no time for rendering, right? It's real-time, 30+ FPS. Even with a basic laptop, you pose the screen, screenshot to save the image, and done. It's the same as if you were playing any other game.

Not minimizing the time it takes to make the scene. I am sure you have to read the forums looking for mods, gather assets for the background, clothing, hair, etc, etc, and then pose the scene how you want. But there is no rendering time, no waiting. It doesn't matter what GPU the dev has as long as it can run Honey Select (any of them).

333Playing

Oct 15, 2019

Hello everyone!
I finally can announce the dates for upcoming remake release (งಠヮಠ)ง

And here they are! The dates for the 0.6.1 update:

Release for patrons:

Omni, Seraphim, and Archangel tiers (60$, 40$, 20$)
- November 26th

Guardian Angel tier (10$)
- November 29th

Angel tier (5$) - December 3rd

Human tier (1$)
- December 6th

Full
public
release - December 10th

Link will be here
Link for walkthrough for patrons will be here

CHANGELOG v0.6.1:

- !!! There is no continuation of the story in this update (you will be able to continue the story in 0.7 without playing 0.6.1 if you have saved at the end of 0.6)

- Updated and rewritten older content - more than 2200 and 60 new and updated images and animations respectively

- Added ability to name and rename saves

- Added statistics on the preview of the save (for saves made in 0.6.1)

- New SFX Demo option - some sound effects for 0.1 content and lewd sounds for the very first animation (might get expanded in future updates)

- Added text outline for better readability

- New save placement for Android

- Bigger quick buttons at the bottom of the screen for Android

- Added delete save button in the save/load menu

- Fixed infinite loop within the animations while skipping

- Added art with Yui from Axsens in the gallery

- Slight menu changes before UI redesign

- Other bug fixes

PREVIEWS:
- Previews for 0.6.1 Remake

- WIP of 0.2 content remake (patrons only)

- More previews for 0.6.1 Remake

- Liz Preview for 0.3 Content Remake

- Even more previews for 0.6.1 Remake

- Last SFW previews for 0.6.1 Remake

- NSFW previews for 0.6.1 Remake (patrons only)

I'll write about the work on update and what's next in the future posts~

Thank you for your immense support for this project
(´• ω •`) ♡
Your DD

sageeey

Jun 6, 2021

Hello everyone!
I finally can announce the dates for upcoming remake release (งಠヮಠ)ง

And here they are! The dates for the 0.6.1 update:

Release for patrons:

Omni, Seraphim, and Archangel tiers (60$, 40$, 20$)
- November 26th

Guardian Angel tier (10$)
- November 29th

Angel tier (5$) - December 3rd

Human tier (1$)
- December 6th

Full
public
release - December 10th

Link will be here
Link for walkthrough for patrons will be here

CHANGELOG v0.6.1:

- !!! There is no continuation of the story in this update (you will be able to continue the story in 0.7 without playing 0.6.1 if you have saved at the end of 0.6)

- Updated and rewritten older content - more than 2200 and 60 new and updated images and animations respectively

- Added ability to name and rename saves

- Added statistics on the preview of the save (for saves made in 0.6.1)

- New SFX Demo option - some sound effects for 0.1 content and lewd sounds for the very first animation (might get expanded in future updates)

- Added text outline for better readability

- New save placement for Android

- Bigger quick buttons at the bottom of the screen for Android

- Added delete save button in the save/load menu

- Fixed infinite loop within the animations while skipping

- Added art with Yui from Axsens in the gallery

- Slight menu changes before UI redesign

- Other bug fixes

PREVIEWS:
- Previews for 0.6.1 Remake

- WIP of 0.2 content remake (patrons only)

- More previews for 0.6.1 Remake

- Liz Preview for 0.3 Content Remake

- Even more previews for 0.6.1 Remake

- Last SFW previews for 0.6.1 Remake

- NSFW previews for 0.6.1 Remake (patrons only)

I'll write about the work on update and what's next in the future posts~

Thank you for your immense support for this project
(´• ω •`) ♡
Your DD
Jesus man, you don't know how excited I was when I saw this post, this game is pretty much the reason I decided to improve my Englisho_O

crunchycake

Jun 3, 2020
So not Abandoned anymore?
To be fair.... according to the developer, murmur was never abandoned,it is just that the remaster-ing of earlier episodes took a bit too long for the forum to give it a abandoned tag...

I was nearly on the verge of losing faith too... but fortunately it is going to be an early christmas for me:D

4.50 star(s) 71 Votes