Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
is possible to have a date for when all is done?
There will be a date, when I'm sure that I can name it

To the dev: How about releasing 0.4 of the remake? I'm sure you've at least come that far right? In 18 months. Or let me guess, you're not working on the remake chronologically
For you? No.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Not for me of course not what are you on about. For your paying patrons. On patreon. The site where you're currently getting money. Post it there.

Post version 0.4 of the remake to your patreon so that they know that you're actually working on it.
Why do you think those patrons need you to "white knight" for them? I'm sure they are perfectly capable for asking for it themselves.

sembolan

Jan 21, 2021
I'll release an update when it's ready to be played.
You've had 18 months. There are a lot of us patrons that have paid money and realised we're getting scammed. Our money went straight to you while getting nothing in return. You have zero fucking excuses for not uploading a version of the remake.

Unless. Of course. You're not working on it or have been going a very long time not working on it.

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I apologize for forcing you to pay me, I'll put down my gun.

You're free to think however you like, I'm tired of making excuses, and just continue my work.
You can read every reasoning for the remake on Patreon, and my explanation of how Patreon works here, that I wrote many times.

And I don't believe you being my patron either, sorry. With this attitude, you're less supporting me than anything. Or if you think that I've scammed you, you could request your money back. But how did I scam you? Do you have a proof? Or you're just a troll with nothing behind your words?

Either way, Dude, chill out already, the game is in the development. If you don't trust me, you're free to leave.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Lmao says the guy that white knights for the dev. Actual brain rot comment.
Typical. Try and insult me instead of addressing my point.

And I'm not white knighting for anyone. I'm a creator myself (not games) and people like you that complain about people making things without contributing anything but grief to the process are pains in the ass. There are a ton of people like you on this site that bitch and complain about how long it takes to make things without any concept of how difficult it is and you try to cover it with some flimsy excuse that you're trying to "save the patrons that pay them money". B.S. You just want your free stuff and you want it now.

And I imagine someone will report this post (like you whiners always do) and get it deleted for being off topic. And yet hundreds of shit posts that bitch about the 'Dev being slow' will be left up, 'cause most people here don't actually care about the creators that end up here. All they care about is what they can get out of them without having to give up anything in return.

Last edited:

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Typical. Try and insult me instead of addressing my point.

And I'm not white knighting for anyone. I'm a creator myself (not games) and people like you that complain about people making things without contributing anything but grief to the process are pains in the ass. There are a ton of people like you on this site that bitch and complain about how long it takes to make things without any concept of how difficult it is and you try to cover it with some flimsy excuse that you're trying to "save the patrons that pay them money". B.S. You just want your free stuff and you want it now.

And I imagine someone will report this post (like you whiners always do) and get it deleted for being off topic. And yet hundreds of shit posts that bitch about the 'Dev being slow' will be left up, 'cause most people here don't actually care about the creators that end up here. All they care about is what they can get out of them without having to give up anything in return.
Except the issue isn't merely that the remake isn't done yet, the issue is that NOTHING from the remake has been released. There's no legitimate reason for why not a single version of the remake has come out in 18 months. The original game didn't come out all at once, but suddenly the remake must, that's obvious bullshit. And I say this as someone who's still very much looking forward to when the remake does come out.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Except the issue isn't merely that the remake isn't done yet, the issue is that NOTHING from the remake has been released. There's no legitimate reason for why not a single version of the remake has come out in 18 months. The original game didn't come out all at once, but suddenly the remake must, that's obvious bullshit. And I say this as someone who's still very much looking forward to when the remake does come out.
There is a legitimate reason that it hasn't come out out.

The Dev isn't ready to release it yet. And that's between him and the people supporting him. Not the pirates.

Reactions: Kellerkind207

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
There is a legitimate reason that it hasn't come out out.

The Dev isn't ready to release it yet. And that's between him and the people supporting him. Not the pirates.
LMAO, And you expect us to believe that you're not white knighting the Dev? Tell your boss at work that you don't feel like turning in your work and see what they tell you. "I don't feel like it" is absolutely NOT a valid reason. Objectively speaking, him not releasing any of the remake content is actually hurting him from a business perspective because the game now has the abandoned tag on this site, which is going to turn players away from the game.

The difference between supporters and pirates is not black and white, some pirates can and will become supporters and supporters can and will become pirates, depending on a multitude of factors. People are much more likely to discover the game here or on Itch (where the game can also be had for free) than to just happen upon the dev's Patreon.

• Angry
Reactions: Kellerkind207

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
LMAO, And you expect us to believe that you're not white knighting the Dev? Tell your boss at work that you don't feel like turning in your work and see what they tell you. "I don't feel like it" is absolutely NOT a valid reason. Objectively speaking, him not releasing any of the remake content is actually hurting him from a business perspective because the game now has the abandoned tag on this site, which is going to turn players away from the game.

The difference between supporters and pirates is not black and white, some pirates can and will become supporters and supporters can and will become pirates, depending on a multitude of factors. People are much more likely to discover the game here or on Itch (where the game can also be had for free) than to just happen upon the dev's Patreon.
No, not white knighting. More like venting my own frustrations from a creator standpoint. I've made similar points in other threads that people bitch about and get deleted. I understand this is a pirate site but people wonder why so much shit gets abandoned and I would wager a significant amount of it, I'm sure, is creators getting sick of being bitched at because they aren't releasing fast enough. (the majority is still people thinking they can make a quick buck and quitting when they realize they can't, but there are good creators who quit because they get no appreciation and their stuff stolen. And then the thieves bitch at them.)

It might be hurting him from a business perspective, sure. But that's something the Dev has to manage. The Creator/ Supporter relationship is not the same as the one I have with my boss. So to compare the two is dumb. My boss can dictate timelines and can fire me if I don't meet them. In this instance, the creator sets the timeline themselves and each individual supporter decides when they are done waiting and they pull support.

And yes, some people cross the line from pirate to supporter. And at that point, they gain a justifiable reason to bitch if the Dev promises something and doesn't deliver. (Note, I said justifiable, cause people on this site bitch anyway when taking the content for free, thus making them entitled.)

And I'm not against the idea of coming here to try a project and using that to discover new projects and then deciding if it's worth supporting the creator. It CAN work to their advantage. It's about 90% of the reason I am here. But when you have people who only tear down a creator's project or bitch that they don't work fast enough and aren't even supporters, it's shit that like that can make them quit or get burnt out. And even if the don't quit, slows getting the work done. Bitching from pirates doesn't make people work faster, cause the creator knows that even if those pirates are satisfied, the vast majority of them won't give him a dime. He gets no reward from making them happy and he gets shit if he doesn't.

As for the abandoned tag here? I don't see why anyone makes a big deal out of it. Yeah, it will decrease traffic to his game for now. But when the remake comes out, the tag comes off and people will suddenly "discover" his game again. People make too much of the tags here. They're arbitrary and don't mean squat.

Last edited:

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
No, not white knighting. More like venting my own frustrations from a creator standpoint. I've made similar points in other threads that people bitch about and get deleted. I understand this is a pirate site but people wonder why so much shit gets abandoned and I would wager a significant amount of it, I'm sure, is creators getting sick of being bitched at because they aren't releasing fast enough. (the majority is still people thinking they can make a quick buck and quitting when they realize they can't, but there are good creators who quit because they get no appreciation and their stuff stolen. And then the thieves bitch at them.)

It might be hurting him from a business perspective, sure. But that's something the Dev has to manage. The Creator/ Supporter relationship is not the same as the one I have with my boss. So to compare the two is dumb. My boss can dictate timelines and can fire me if I don't meet them. In this instance, the creator sets the timeline themselves and each individual supporter decides when they are done waiting and they pull support.

And yes, some people cross the line from pirate to supporter. And at that point, they gain a justifiable reason to bitch if the Dev promises something and doesn't deliver. (Note, I said justifiable, cause people on this site bitch anyway when taking the content for free, thus making them entitled.)

And I'm not against the idea of coming here to try a project and using that to discover new projects and then deciding if it's worth supporting the creator. It CAN work to their advantage. It's about 90% of the reason I am here. But when you have people who only tear down a creator's project or bitch that they don't work fast enough and aren't even supporters, it's shit that like that can make them quit or get burnt out. And even if the don't quit, slows getting the work done. Bitching from pirates doesn't make people work faster, cause the creator knows that even if those pirates are satisfied, the vast majority of them won't give him a dime. He gets no reward from making them happy and he gets shit if he doesn't.

As for the abandoned tag here? I don't see why anyone makes a big deal out of it. Yeah, it will decrease traffic to his game for now. But when the remake comes out, the tag comes off and people will suddenly "discover" his game again. People make too much of the tags here. They're arbitrary and don't mean squat.
Once again, the problem is not simply that "the dev is not working fast enough", it's multi-faceted, but a big part of it is his complete refusal to release the remake incrementally (the way the game was originally made), a decision which is as foolish as it is unreasonable.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Once again, the problem is not simply that "the dev is not working fast enough", it's multi-faceted, but a big part of it is his complete refusal to release the remake incrementally (the way the game was originally made), a decision which is as foolish as it is unreasonable.
The pirate's biggest problem is he's not releasing when they say he should. The entitled hate it when people don't comply with their demands.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
The pirate's biggest problem is he's not releasing when they say he should. The entitled hate it when people don't comply with their demands.
"Typical. Try and insult me instead of addressing my point." - I wonder who said that?

He's not releasing it for anybody, not just for pirates. Do you honestly believe his patron's aren't disappointed by the fact that nothing has been released in a year and a half? Calling people entitled won't change anything or help anyone, except for you to feel holier than thou.

Also, the game is literally free on the dev's itch page, so it's really not even possible to pirate it.

Oct 24, 2022
"Typical. Try and insult me instead of addressing my point." - I wonder who said that?

He's not releasing it for anybody, not just for pirates. Do you honestly believe his patron's aren't disappointed by the fact that nothing has been released in a year and a half? Calling people entitled won't change anything or help anyone, except for you to feel holier than thou.
I would assume all the disappointed Patrons had stopped subscribing to DD's patron to show that disappointment.

If they stay subbed, despite being disappointed, they are basically saying "we're okay with it". See how that works? If you don't like something, you don't buy it. I know, it's very complicated.

Edit: It might also behoove some of you to understand what really is. You're not really owed anything, so if you're not okay with that, you shouldn't subscribe in the first place.

Last edited:

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
I would assume all the disappointed Patrons had stopped subscribing to DD's patron to show that disappointment.

If they stay subbed, despite being disappointed, they are basically saying "we're okay with it". See how that works? If you don't like something, you don't buy it. I know, it's very complicated.
And obviously that absolves him of any and all criticism...

You say that people shouldn't buy it if they don't like it, but it's an early access game which many people have already bought or otherwise financially supported, are they and others not allowed to voice their frustrations? This is literally a game forum, the whole point of this site is to play and discuss these games, the most relevant thing to talk about in regards to this game, is that there's been no content released for 18 months.

Oct 24, 2022
And obviously that absolves him of any and all criticism...

You say that people shouldn't buy it if they don't like it, but it's an early access game which many people have already bought or otherwise financially supported, are they and others not allowed to voice their frustrations? This is literally a game forum, the whole point of this site is to play and discuss these games, the most relevant thing to talk about in regards to this game, is that there's been no content released for 18 months.
First, read my edit. Also the vast majority of people on this forum haven't paid fuck all for the game. So yes, they're free to discuss the game. But whining about no updates doesn't really count as "discussing the game".

Second: The topic is that people are here white-knighting for patreons, which is unneeded as patreons could let it be known on DD's Patreon that they're disappointed. Lastly, the last couple of pages have been nothing but "Omg X months without updates", which is annoying. Get the fuck over it.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 71 Votes