ChimeraXXX

Sep 12, 2020
Hi, I am not taking the side of the DEV here but to be fair he has asked his Patrons in a poll (dated March 22, 2022) if they want a complete Rework of MurMur (not only a 'graphical rework' but 'some recoding, rewrites, reshoots & a full grapical rework') and the result was 68.2% for the change, and 31.8% against it. He respected the poll and started the Rework in April or May, 2022. Since then he has also posted some comprehensive Progress Updates on his Patron with the latest being on June 20, 2023. So from this last Update we hopefully will see the full Reworked MurMur soon :)

M. Giganteus

Apr 11, 2023
Hi, I am not taking the side of the DEV here but to be fair he has asked his Patrons in a poll (dated March 22, 2022) if they want a complete Rework of MurMur (not only a 'graphical rework' but 'some recoding, rewrites, reshoots & a full grapical rework') and the result was 68.2% for the change, and 31.8% against it. He respected the poll and started the Rework in April or May, 2022. Since then he has also posted some comprehensive Progress Updates on his Patron with the latest being on June 20, 2023. So from this last Update we hopefully will see the full Reworked MurMur soon :)
I didn't know there was an actual vote. Let's hope that with 2 to 3 months the rework is done.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Seems like a perfectly good reason to be on the Dev's side . He asked the people paying him what they wanted and he's giving it to them. Isn't that what he's supposed to do?

Last edited:

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Seems like a perfectly good reason to be on the Dev's side . He asked the people paying him what they wanted and he's giving it to them. Isn't that what he's supposed to do?
Hes been giving it to them for a long time though, 17 months so far and it keeps adding up, did they know it would take that long when they voted?? What about those who voted against it, 30% is a significant amount.
I never paid him a dolar so I dont care but I can understand if some people who support/used to support the game are disappointed about the current state of affairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: OdinValgallovih

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Hes been giving it to them for a long time though, 17 months so far and it keeps adding up, did they know it would take that long when they voted?? What about those who voted against it, 30% is a significant amount.
I never paid him a dolar so I dont care but I can understand if some people who support/used to support the game are disappointed about the current state of affairs.
Depends on how long the first 6 updates took the first time around. I doubt they were done in only 18 months. And the 30% were free to unsub if they didn't want it.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Depends on how long the first 6 updates took the first time around. I doubt they were done in only 18 months. And the 30% were free to unsub if they didn't want it.
Making something from scratch is different than just remaking it with some changes. And just like those are free to unsub they are also free to share their opinion on this forum about the current state of the game.
The fact is that there hasnt been any actual update released in 18 months so people questioning it are not loonies or "haters" of the dev.
If the dev cared to stop this talk he would release what he has ( he should have a lot, supposedly, right??:HideThePain:), but he doesnt, so who cares. The discussion will keep gravitating over the fact that theres no updates because theres literally nothing else to talk about regarding this game, he cant complain about that and if he doesnt like it he is free to not come to the site anyway.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Making something from scratch is different than just remaking it with some changes. And just like those are free to unsub they are also free to share their opinion on this forum about the current state of the game.
The fact is that there hasnt been any actual update released in 18 months so people questioning it are not loonies or "haters" of the dev.
If the dev cared to stop this talk he would release what he has ( he should have a lot, supposedly, right??:HideThePain:), but he doesnt, so who cares. The discussion will keep gravitating over the fact that theres no updates because theres literally nothing else to talk about regarding this game, he cant complain about that and if he doesnt like it he is free to not come to the site anyway.
Or he can do what he wants and not give two fucks what the freeloaders think. :ROFLMAO: If I were him, that's what I'd do, but maybe that's just me. The people that pay money should always take priority and unless they are the ones unhappy, he shouldn't care about anything else.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Or he can do what he wants and not give two fucks what the freeloaders think. :ROFLMAO: If I were him, that's what I'd do, but maybe that's just me. The people that pay money should always take priority and unless they are the ones unhappy, he shouldn't care about anything else.
Sure, everyone should do whatever the fuck they want, so expect more people whining about the game being abandoned. Peace.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Sure, everyone should do whatever the fuck they want, so expect more people whining about the game being abandoned. Peace.
Aaaaaaaaaand I never said they couldn't. All I said is the Dev should prioritize what his paying customers want and ignore all other bitching. Let 'em piss into the wind if they want.

Reactions: Kellerkind207

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Aaaaaaaaaand I never said they couldn't. All I said is the Dev should prioritize what his paying customers want and ignore all other bitching. Let 'em piss into the wind if they want.
So we agree, perfect. Let the whiners whine and let the milkers milk, just like it should be.(y)
:WaitWhat:And that facepalm? So rude
What happened to not caring? wasn't that your thing? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

xjrfphv384

Mar 25, 2022
Dude it's been at a complete standstill for 18 months for a 'graphical rework.' That's coming up on half the time the game has existed and for something that was never finished to begin with, that's absurd. I'll be really glad to see an update come out for this, but I'll believe it when I see it.
What are the chances of you being a Patreon of his, considering this demanding attitude?

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
"Custom CGs" are paid work by high tier patrons that I'm sharing with everyone else. So I'm not making them just because.

You can write text, code, render and everything else for X minutes, and no more. Because art doesn't take time, I guess. And almost everyone seems to know how much time I need to do something, which I don't have any doubt about. Of course, I know my stuff less than other people, and wouldn't want to accelerate it if I could. Because it's literally not one of the reasons why a remake is in the process.

Now seriously.
I'm like a parrot saying the same thing again and again.
If you're interested in the game, which is my work, then I'd be humbled to see some positivity towards it. You don't even have to pay me. Ex-patron? Thank you for your support that you gave me, and if I disappointed you, I'm sorry. Really, I hope when the update is released, you can enjoy it, if you enjoyed the game before. But if you will aggravate it like this, you certainly wouldn't. And if you don't care, then you only muddle the waters, and taking that positivity I could place into the game out of me. And I really fucking lacking it lately. 18 months, do you think it's nice not to have a release in 18 months? My mentality is slowly fading away, and reading all of this, not helping. Go play something else, for example, it's literally a forum full of other adult games, and a whole life full of real human problems outside of it. And I'm spending my life on this game, working each day.

So thank you, everyone who said something nice towards my game, even if it wasn't your intention. And you don't have to do this too, but still, thank you for warming my heart with kind words.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
"Custom CGs" are paid work by high tier patrons that I'm sharing with everyone else. So I'm not making them just because.

You can write text, code, render and everything else for X minutes, and no more. Because art doesn't take time, I guess. And almost everyone seems to know how much time I need to do something, which I don't have any doubt about. Of course, I know my stuff less than other people, and wouldn't want to accelerate it if I could. Because it's literally not one of the reasons why a remake is in the process.

Now seriously.
I'm like a parrot saying the same thing again and again.
If you're interested in the game, which is my work, then I'd be humbled to see some positivity towards it. You don't even have to pay me. Ex-patron? Thank you for your support that you gave me, and if I disappointed you, I'm sorry. Really, I hope when the update is released, you can enjoy it, if you enjoyed the game before. But if you will aggravate it like this, you certainly wouldn't. And if you don't care, then you only muddle the waters, and taking that positivity I could place into the game out of me. And I really fucking lacking it lately. 18 months, do you think it's nice not to have a release in 18 months? My mentality is slowly fading away, and reading all of this, not helping. Go play something else, for example, it's literally a forum full of other adult games, and a whole life full of real human problems outside of it. And I'm spending my life on this game, working each day.

So thank you, everyone who said something nice towards my game, even if it wasn't your intention. And you don't have to do this too, but still, thank you for warming my heart with kind words.
Do your best to ignore the de-constructive criticism on these forums. I'm a developer and a writer myself (not games) and a lot of the haters don't understand the amount of time and effort these things take, especially when you want to make it the best you can and not just crap out content to please the freeloaders.

I look forward to the remake when it comes and I'll throw some support your way when it gets here.

Until then, keep on truckin' and maybe take some time away from the pirate forum with the entitled beggars.

xjrfphv384

Mar 25, 2022
I mean this is really tame. His patreons would understandibly and justifyingly be a lot more angry than this. 18 months of nothing. Just "custom cgs" uploaded every other week that take 15 min to make. He's a scammer. That's all. Ex-patron here btw.
If there was a vote for his patrons, and the majority vote was "Go for a remake", then all is well considering he's still working on it, right?

Can you quote me a definitive release schedule/date of his or any other credible reasons for concerns for him being yet another scammer, who takes money and just runs for the hills with radio silence - or is that just your disappointment talking that you can't have a new shiny toy right now?

4.50 star(s) 71 Votes