Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I'm missing the 2nd Helen scene, "kissing with helen by the pool", and dont know how to get it. I've done 2 routes, full love and full lewd. Anyone know how to get it?
Scenes two and three are mutually exclusive. That being said, how did you get the third scene on either of the full routes? The way I see it, they require a mixed approach:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
Scenes two and three are mutually exclusive. That being said, how did you get the third scene on either of the full routes?
I'm not entirely sure since I got it a while ago but only realized there was more than 1 outcome in the gallery added this update. That said, I simply followed the old 0.5 PDF walkthrough for best choices and picked lewd over love whenever I had to choose. I was able to get the 3rd option that way.

Feb 17, 2022
Just started playing and I am curious is there more content on the lewd or love path? I generally dislike games where content is split into wholesome or naughty as obviously naughty gets more content usually which if were being honest is why were all here in the first place. But maybe it's different here and the love/lewd scores only affect the tone of sexual encounters instead of the quantity.

Any answers are appreciated.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Just started playing and I am curious is there more content on the lewd or love path? I generally dislike games where content is split into wholesome or naughty as obviously naughty gets more content usually which if were being honest is why were all here in the first place. But maybe it's different here and the love/lewd scores only affect the tone of sexual encounters instead of the quantity.

The love path is slower in terms of scenes (from what I've seen while playing with the mod). But I couldn't say how are the lewd scenes that are included in the most corrupt path since I don't play it.

Reactions: TheSmoothCriminal

JeffisZac

Apr 1, 2019
Anyone able to tell me what the dd scenes do? I don't want to turn it on and see content i'm not into. Thanks

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Anyone able to tell me what the dd scenes do? I don't want to turn it on and see content i'm not into. Thanks
Too lazy to check right now but I'd wager that toggle manages showing of the 'after update' scenes with Devil's Doll:
So if you're into hot little things, you definitely want to engage that one. :sneaky:

Reactions: JeffisZac

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021

In this game there is almost kind of three paths, sort of: a full love path, a full lewd path, and a mixed path. But at each major event you basically only get to pick a lewd point option, or a love point option usually. So, I'll just talk about it as having really only two paths for this topic.

Both paths have the same amount of content (as far as I've seen) it's just different content. It's kind of self-explanatory. The lewd path has more upfront lewd content, but the love path has more content that builds relationship. You may not get as long of a lewd scene (though the love path does have lewd stuff as well) but you get conversations, character growth and information about the world and story often, you get to know the characters. The lewd path has more (and often not more, just a little longer) naughty stuff (of course) but you miss out on some character development (though not so much that it hurts the bigger plot).

For example: There is a scene in a karaoke place with Sophie. I won't spoil it, but if you go lewd you get a pretty good lewd scene. Nothing extraordinary but it's fun and sexy and for sure worth seeing. But if you are going love you get what is, to me, one of the best scenes in the game.

It really feels, for me any way, like Devil'sDad is actually trying to make the love and lewd path both rewarding in their own ways. My main path is full love, not a single lewd point with any girl and I have never felt punished for doing it or like I was missing out... Well, except that Shinigami actually punishes the MC somewhat for doing it once or twice, but even there you eventually can see a scene you wouldn't if you were just going along with her plan of almost pure lewd.

This is all just my take on it. Most games with love and corruption (which this isn't really) have one path, love usually, that really suffers. And it is usually obvious which the developer feels is the "better" one or the "canon" path. I think Murmur really wants each to feel just as rewarding and valid. Also, I think lewd is such a better word for what Murmur is doing than corruption because you are just facilitating the lowering of the girl's inhibitions really. No one is doing things they wouldn't want to do or being manipulated to fool around with the MC when they wouldn't do it otherwise. They are just doing things sooner than if you build up to them, but by speeding up the process you do miss other things, like character growth that happens in the love path. Both paths have positives and negative, and both have payoffs.

As a side note: Man did I get madder at Shinigami at the end of this last update then I have at any other point up to now.

Feb 17, 2022
In this game there is almost kind of three paths, sort of: a full love path, a full lewd path, and a mixed path. But at each major event you basically only get to pick a lewd point option, or a love point option usually. So, I'll just talk about it as having really only two paths for this topic.

Both paths have the same amount of content (as far as I've seen) it's just different content. It's kind of self-explanatory. The lewd path has more upfront lewd content, but the love path has more content that builds relationship. You may not get as long of a lewd scene (though the love path does have lewd stuff as well) but you get conversations, character growth and information about the world and story often, you get to know the characters. The lewd path has more (and often not more, just a little longer) naughty stuff (of course) but you miss out on some character development (though not so much that it hurts the bigger plot).

For example: There is a scene in a karaoke place with Sophie. I won't spoil it, but if you go lewd you get a pretty good lewd scene. Nothing extraordinary but it's fun and sexy and for sure worth seeing. But if you are going love you get what is, to me, one of the best scenes in the game.

It really feels, for me any way, like Devil'sDad is actually trying to make the love and lewd path both rewarding in their own ways. My main path is full love, not a single lewd point with any girl and I have never felt punished for doing it or like I was missing out... Well, except that Shinigami actually punishes the MC somewhat for doing it once or twice, but even there you eventually can see a scene you wouldn't if you were just going along with her plan of almost pure lewd.

This is all just my take on it. Most games with love and corruption (which this isn't really) have one path, love usually, that really suffers. And it is usually obvious which the developer feels is the "better" one or the "canon" path. I think Murmur really wants each to feel just as rewarding and valid. Also, I think lewd is such a better word for what Murmur is doing than corruption because you are just facilitating the lowering of the girl's inhibitions really. No one is doing things they wouldn't want to do or being manipulated to fool around with the MC when they wouldn't do it otherwise. They are just doing things sooner than if you build up to them, but by speeding up the process you do miss other things, like character growth that happens in the love path. Both paths have positives and negative, and both have payoffs.

As a side note: Man did I get madder at Shinigami at the end of this last update then I have at any other point up to now.
Well it sounds like "technically" the lewd path is the "prefered" path if there is "consequences" from Shinigami for staying on the love path. Or maybe the love path is just for those who are more into being a sub as a opposed to pushing boundaries and being more of a dom on the lewd path. Or maybe the reward in the end will be converting Shinigami to be a more loving entity will only be acheivable on the pure love path. Guess well just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the in-depth reply (y)

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Well it sounds like "technically" the lewd path is the "prefered" path if there is "consequences" from Shinigami for staying on the love path. Or maybe the love path is just for those who are more into being a sub as a opposed to pushing boundaries and being more of a dom on the lewd path. Or maybe the reward in the end will be converting Shinigami to be a more loving entity will only be acheivable on the pure love path. Guess well just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the in-depth reply (y)
No problem, and as far as I remember the "consequences" from Shinigami are basically just her bitching at you for not doing things as fast as she wants you too and you may miss a bit of one lewd scene but again you get a character growth scene out of it later.

I would say I don't think Sub = Love and Dom = Lewd is accurate though. Love and Lewd are perfect terms here while Sub and Dom don't really fit. Do you want the girls to love you, or do you just want sex with less emotional attachments? Love or Lewd. You're the more dominate one with the girls on all the paths really. It's just a question of are you also aggressive about it. In fact, it seems to me, that Shinigami is actually more aggressive in her dominance over the MC in the Lewd path because you are doing everything she tells you too (edit: again this is just how I read the interactions).

I'm certainly hoping for a converted Shinigami, but as you said: we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Devil'sDad

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
No problem, and as far as I remember the "consequences" from Shinigami are basically just her bitching at you for not doing things as fast as she wants you too and you may miss a bit of one lewd scene but again you get a character growth scene out of it later.

I would say I don't think Sub = Love and Dom = Lewd is accurate though. Love and Lewd are perfect terms here while Sub and Dom don't really fit. Do you want the girls to love you, or do you just want sex with less emotional attachments? Love or Lewd. You're the more dominate one with the girls on all the paths really. It's just a question of are you also aggressive about it. In fact, it seems to me, that Shinigami is actually more aggressive in her dominance over the MC in the Lewd path because you are doing everything she tells you too (edit: again this is just how I read the interactions).

I'm certainly hoping for a converted Shinigami, but as you said: we'll just have to wait and see.
Ah, but there's one way of really pissing her off though: being on everyone's love path expect hers. And while I don't know what 'A lot easier to avoid now' entails, up until 0.5b this was a surefire way into the second bad ending.

Reactions: Ranma
Aug 7, 2018
The problem lies not with the mod's additions to the script files, but with the mod author not having taken care to distribute the original rpyc files as well. As the rpyc files are packaged into an rpa, new ones will be generated in the game's game directory alongside the modded script files. These files however will now contain a new AST, differing from the official one, in turn leading to some saves based upon the former being unable to load on the latter. See for details.
I've meant to test this for a while now to increase save compatibility between modded and unmodded versions. But since you've mentioned it and likely know the answer... :p

Would including the previous version's unmodded scripts.rpa (or extracted rpyc files) in an \old-game directory do the trick?

Any advantage of extracting rpyc files first over just adding the rpa? (I'd assume no, since Renpy can read rpyc in an rpa and ignores anything in \old-game that isn't rpyc files anyway)

Any important steps I missed or erroneous assumptions? Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hordragg

JeffisZac

Apr 1, 2019
Too lazy to check right now but I'd wager that toggle manages showing of the 'after update' scenes with Devil's Doll:
So if you're into hot little things, you definitely want to engage that one. :sneaky:
Ah ok, i thought that was just something in the game by default lol

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I've meant to test this for a while now to increase save compatibility between modded and unmodded versions. But since you've mentioned it and likely know the answer... :p

Would including the previous version's unmodded scripts.rpa (or extracted rpyc files) in an \old-game directory do the trick?

Any advantage of extracting rpyc files first over just adding the rpa? (I'd assume no, since Renpy can read rpyc in an rpa and ignores anything in \old-game that isn't rpyc files anyway)

Any important steps I missed or erroneous assumptions? Cheers!
Terribly sorry for the late reply. Had trouble finding the one post I so desperately wanted to reply to…*sigh*

Well, anyone using your mod still has the orignal scripts.rpa sitting alongside the modded scripts. The problem lies in the 'visibility' of files loaded from different sources (see this post for an interesting example). What you're looking for is providing the original rpyc files right beside the modded scripts. Either by adding the original ones to the archive so they're unpacked too and will be updated once players start the game, or by building a modded scripts.rpa on your end and have Ren'Py update the original files during the build process. In case of the latter, players aren't even forced to overwrite the original scripts.rpa, yours just needs to be loaded later than the former (lexical order).

Hope this helps!

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, the walkthrough mods messing with save files...
I recall using the Walktrough Mod for v0.5 made by IAmAB that is linked here.

Will that Mod also screw me over now moving on to v0.6 of MurMur? Do I just have to wait for an update of that Walkthrough Mod for v0.6 to Continue, or do I really have to start a New Game no matter what? Does anyone know?
Thank you in advance.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Will that Mod also screw me over now moving on to v0.6 of MurMur? Do I just have to wait for an update of that Walkthrough Mod for v0.6 to Continue, or do I really have to start a New Game no matter what? Does anyone know?
Thank you in advance.
It's the mod, you can't using an older version of it on the updated game without breaking it, it will mess with the new files, you need to wait until IAmAB will update it. :)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

Thank you in advance.
I am fairly certain that your problem isn't solved by an updated mod. See these posts on what it's really messing with and how to generally avoid this.

If you still have your(!) 0.5b lying around, try copying the rpyc files from the game's game folder to your 0.6. This should allow you to continue from where you left off. Ideally you'd want to play a bit into the update, make a save and try loading it after (re)moving the rpyc files (do not delete them outright). Ren'Py should pick up on one of the new labels and allow you to continue on the official game version. Speaking of labels: have you tried loading earlier saves? On of them could be very near a label and allow you to continue without the above.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Ranma
4.50 star(s) 71 Votes