Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
might be missing from your Windows install xeqan85?

pr0dukt

Jun 2, 2019
Any chance anyone has the Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX book .pdf that released for MLA on steam as a DLC? =D
Really would love to get my hands on that book, but can't find it anywhere, and can't just buy it on steam without owning MLA on steam as well, which is troublesome. =\

Reactions: Zippix

FallenDream

Oct 29, 2018
Capture.PNG
Just started playing muv luv finished the first part yesterday and excitedly downloaded the next part. But when i started playing this error keeps popping up. Any ways to fix this error?

oysterkeeper

Oct 6, 2019
I get this error.. How I should solve it?
View attachment 680307
385362_94310c3f37d.png
694387_2020-06-04_00_36_28-Muv-Luv_Alternative.png
In case you never found a solution and for anyone who runs across this issue, the prequel to this game has a thread on this site as well. It includes instructions for if you receive errors like this. Primarily Runtime Error 406 or Runtime Error 1006 both are shown above.

Tested on Win10 Creators Update.
Usage:
1. Put vdf2registry.exe to game folder
2. Make sure .vdf file exist within this folder
3. Run vdf2registry.exe (This will reset your in-game settings)

This worked for me even with this game.

Edit: This fixed the 3110 error for me as well.

Last edited:

Nightwish2

Apr 27, 2017
Don't skip the other routes, the person posting it may dislike them but to call them painfully bad is just painfully short-sided. There is a debate about playing the secondary routes before or after the rest.

My suggestion:
If you like the slice of life climate of Muv-Luv Extra then you should play the two main routes last, not first. That's because they will have an impact on Unlimited. If you want to get to Unlimited faster you should consider playing the other routes before Alternative as an option to digest Unlimited better before Alternative.
if you are not interested in the other characters as much you can skip the Extra side routes, since they will not impact your experience too much.

Finhir

May 5, 2020
Muv-Luv Photonmelodies will be coming out in just a day!!! I hope that you can put it in this site as soon as you guys can :))) thanks for all the hardwork ^^

pcportable

Aug 4, 2017
Don't skip the other routes, the person posting it may dislike them but to call them painfully bad is just painfully short-sided. There is a debate about playing the secondary routes before or after the rest.

My suggestion:
If you like the slice of life climate of Muv-Luv Extra then you should play the two main routes last, not first. That's because they will have an impact on Unlimited. If you want to get to Unlimited faster you should consider playing the other routes before Alternative as an option to digest Unlimited better before Alternative.
if you are not interested in the other characters as much you can skip the Extra side routes, since they will not impact your experience too much.
I agree with you. I disliked the ayamine route but I liked the tama route but calling them painfully bad is a bit exagerated.
It is bad compared to alternative but it is a descent VN alltogether.

MysticPurple

Feb 20, 2018
View attachment 713906
View attachment 713907
In case you never found a solution and for anyone who runs across this issue, the prequel to this game has a thread on this site as well. It includes instructions for if you receive errors like this. Primarily Runtime Error 406 or Runtime Error 1006 both are shown above.

Usage:

Oh Man. Can't thank you enough for this dude. Still, a big thanks !!

Zorkas

Oct 14, 2020
View attachment 713906
View attachment 713907

Usage:

I would like to thank you. This was giving me a headache.

• Red Heart
Reactions: oysterkeeper

Laughing_Rat

Dec 1, 2017
Bumping this thread for the Codex pdf ( ) , if anyone ever find it, I'll be eternally grateful.

spaceguy100

Aug 7, 2018
the game just wont start for me, whenever i try to start the game it shows that its loading. then it does nothing, i thought maybe i somehow deleted a file so i redownloaded it, replaced the old files, gave the game access. then the stem loader doesn't work. this is quite annoying since i was preety far into the game before i stopped playing.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes