223kazin

May 4, 2017
I don't think this should qualify as "animated". It's 95% still images and the rest are just a slightly faster slideshow.

It's also got some of the worst grinding mechanics I've ever seen. You can't even skip through repetitive shit because there are clickables in the middle of dialogue.

It'd also be nice if after 2 years of development there were more than half a dozen scenes(also mostly still images) that involve any kind of penetration.

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
I don't think this should qualify as "animated". It's 95% still images and the rest are just a slightly faster slideshow.

It's also got some of the worst grinding mechanics I've ever seen. You can't even skip through repetitive shit because there are clickables in the middle of dialogue.

It'd also be nice if after 2 years of development there were more than half a dozen scenes(also mostly still images) that involve any kind of penetration.
Not going to comment on the grind, but:
- This game is less than 1 year old, not 2, so your comparison is a bit off
- The dev is consistent in the that sex usually only happens from episode 6/7 onwards. The build-up is very much part and parcel of the dev's games and something I enjoy
- The animations only started getting added in the last couple episodes and appears to be ramping up in future episodes, so hang tight, that still images to animations ratio will change going forward. But I don't think anyone familiar with the dev's work will consider this game "animated"... yet.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
why doesn't the dev just make an icon for girls/location makes everything easier to navigate.
The girls can be at many locations independent how far you are in the game. This is not a sequential game so it will not make sense to do it.

Reactions: Burg

blueballer

Jun 24, 2020

I've also had my issues with devs who had a good story to tell, but I simply couldn't get into their way of telling it. It should be needless to say, but I'll do it anyway: I quit those games and never looked back.

I kinda agree on the "animated" issue, though. Going from stills into animation is a rather new development for the dev, so there's not much truly animated content yet. I would argue that either the "animated" tag should wait a few updates, or that the game description should include this information, to avoid these misunderstandings.

tonny

Jun 14, 2017
Why Is most of ALL animations, of girls dancing and swimming and NOT the sex? Does the Dev even know what this site Is all about? I mean WTF? lol

• Angry

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
Why Is most of ALL animations, of girls dancing and swimming and NOT the sex? Does the Dev even know what this site Is all about? I mean WTF? lol
There are animated sex scenes already included. And naked dancing. And swimming. But seriously, did you you literally even play the game? lol

• Angry
Reactions: tonny

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
I've also had my issues with devs who had a good story to tell, but I simply couldn't get into their way of telling it. It should be needless to say, but I'll do it anyway: I quit those games and never looked back.

I kinda agree on the "animated" issue, though. Going from stills into animation is a rather new development for the dev, so there's not much truly animated content yet. I would argue that either the "animated" tag should wait a few updates, or that the game description should include this information, to avoid these misunderstandings.
Leave it out: But there are animated scenes included.
Leave it in: Not enough animation.
It's a tag. It unfortunately does not say "how much" of the game contains the type of content. Same could be said for "female protagonist" or "corruption" or ... close to all tags.
My take, and I'm not an admin or dev, is that if it includes even some of the content specified in the tag, include it.

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
Is there a female protagonist option? Description says so
Not an option per say. The game's MC is male, but it does jump to the female cast now and again for their thoughts or choices in some situations, so the focus does momentarily shift.
Also, same as in RfR, there is usually a (singular) female character that is, at least to some extent, the main focus of the game. So imho, the "female protagonist" tag would fit.

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
Memories of ep8 where i'm pretty sure I've met all the requirements and now its down to just replaying every location over and over again with the ctrl key held down in the hopes that something clicks. I never did finish 1/4 of the ep8 images events before giving up.
Now stuck at 27/42 on ep11, requirements that arent being met are 'auto' and having to do with her father.
So either I somehow didnt talk to her about her dad on the Left or its buggy, the other req I know I met.

Seems like most of the ones i'm missing want me to go to the boardwalk, but nothing ever clicks there after the licking incidents.

Last edited:
Reactions: satan1972

por12

Nov 22, 2020
probably julie is not the daughter of the best friend at all.
the best friend is testing if he can entrust bob with his real daughter(this will happen next game) by seeing if juile is happy with bob.

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
The girls can be at many locations independent how far you are in the game. This is not a sequential game so it will not make sense to do it.
in general, game is already a sequence, since player have to finished certain event to do another one (including yours).
you just need to show their icons all together when they are available at that time. esp if player wants to go to certain girl. he can ignored the rest for a while and focus to develop related activities with chosen girl.

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
Memories of ep8 where i'm pretty sure I've met all the requirements and now its down to just replaying every location over and over again with the ctrl key held down in the hopes that something clicks. I never did finish 1/4 of the ep8 images events before giving up.
Now stuck at 27/42 on ep11, requirements that arent being met are 'auto' and having to do with her father.
So either I somehow didnt talk to her about her dad on the Left or its buggy, the other req I know I met.

Seems like most of the ones i'm missing want me to go to the boardwalk, but nothing ever clicks there after the licking incidents.
From a previous page:
Thank you for your save file.
If you have been using my alpha version of 'skip to another episode' this dead end will occur
If you download this file and add it to the game folder (subfolder to 'My_best_friends_daughter' it will work - just go to 'Happy Hour' at 15:00 and you can continue.
Mega

Reactions: hoborg

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
probably julie is not the daughter of the best friend at all.
the best friend is testing if he can entrust bob with his real daughter(this will happen next game) by seeing if juile is happy with bob.
That would indeed be an interesting spin. Now curious who the real daughter might be. If she looks anything like the current cast, I would definitely not be complaining.:D

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Ok, I still like the game, but most of the scenes look like a rambling mess of pictures and phrases. In previous episodes, the scenes were consistent, but the further the game progresses, the crazier it looks. This is some kind of quality degradation.

Kristu

Aug 7, 2016
I dunno if this is reported yet but here we go, fresh save btw.

Rich (BB code):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1484, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1487, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1489, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1495, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1500, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1502, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1503, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1504, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1504, in keywords
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1505, in <module>
NameError: name 'mtt' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1487, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1489, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1495, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1500, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1502, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1503, in execute