toobad0912

May 1, 2021
Apparently the game still has some serious bugs making it unplayable. We're talking the game crashes to the desktop serious.

Started a new game with 2 Ep 7.00 and got this almost immediately:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/april_progress.rpy", line 201, in <module>
NameError: name 'april_robe' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "episode_1.rpyc", line 435, in script call
File "april_progress.rpyc", line 201, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/april_progress.rpy", line 201, in <module>
NameError: name 'april_robe' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
My Best Friend’s Daughter season 2 7.00
Sun Jul 9 16:05:48 2023
Come now, that's not fair. This game was unplayable well before the bugs.

Blepleb

Feb 1, 2021
This one is pretty interesting but one of the most bugged ones I've tried
I've never seen a game where a script can randomly occur though it should be completed already. For example Keys quest. You need to take them but there is no select window like "take the keys". You can only take them manually by clicking at them BUT after that the script with the keys will randomly appear anytime. That's very frustrating
Another script with June. During breakfast she keeps saying that she spotted you watching her, though you didn't do that. There's is her icon top left during the breakfast but if you click it you get to the main menu :rolleyes:
Overall could be interesting but these bugs are just too frustrating

Reactions: zerostar

Marillion69a

Aug 4, 2020
Hi everybody. Where is episode 6? Not compressed version please.

Best regards. Marillion69a

Last edited:

rustle911

Nov 27, 2019
Perfect ! new experience this summer. I really believe in Celavie's work.
I do too. I've really enjoyed the games they've made so far. Although, given some of the comments regarding ep 7, my guess is that from here the plan is to do a lot of bug work and clean-up. I may go ahead and wait for this to get to a completed status since I would rather play something a little more polished with the understanding that there won't be an ep 8.

evilbaron

Apr 20, 2020
i just started playing season 2 off mbfd and when you tell julia amy is your lover nympth disease she gives her a job as an escourt WTF?

rustle911

Nov 27, 2019
i just started playing season 2 off mbfd and when you tell julia amy is your lover nympth disease she gives her a job as an escourt WTF?
From their perspective, giving her a job where she is supposed to have sex, a lot, would be the correct treatment for her little disease. It's clear that in the world that was built it's fairly easy to separate love and sex. At least in what I've seen of the series that seems to be true. I started at MBFD Season 1 and then branched into RFR and MFL. There is little to no deviation in the process by which the MC gets with the various girls. Hell I think Julia ends up being the oldest girl the MC screws in the series, and I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere along the way we find out that June is his daughter. Either way, sometimes you have to just shrug and move on with some of the weird that goes on.
IIRC, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, RFR can end with more than two girls joining you on the yacht trip to the islands, so there only being the two girls with him from the story time stuff in MBFD 1 seemed a little disjointed to me. BU that could just be my memory messing things up.

Hyméros

Dec 3, 2018
Hello all ! So, episode 7 is the end of the season 2 ? no episode 8 and the following, next step, my early life ?
Yes, but don't stop when the message "End of episode 7" pops and don't meet the girls at the pool before dinner.

It's not the real end of the episode !

I found 25 bookmarks, not only the 16 announced.

Last edited:

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Yes, but don't stop when the message "End of episode 7" pops and don't meet the girls at the pool before dinner.

It's not the real end of the episode !

I found 25 bookmarks, not only the 16 announced.
There are actually only 16, all of the others are just episode 6 events getting recounted, and the Ending scene is directly tied to the counter rather than the events themselves, which is why it can be done without actually seeing them all. I created a patch to fix the problem in this post here which will be part of my complete Bug-Fix mod.

I wish there were more scenes, but unfortunately it just isn't the case.

Last edited:

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
That ending was awful. All the 6 season buildup literally to have 1 sex scene with each girl? Terrible.
I haven't actually played the game myself yet (I still haven't played season 1, I've just been modding them instead lol), but from what I could see while creating the episode 7 patch, to me it just felt like the developer decided to quickly rush out an ending as a way of abandoning the game without pissing too many fans off, instead of actually abandoning it in the same way that a lot of other developers tend to do.

Last edited:

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Walkthrough Mod
I don`t know how I managed to get a bug in Episode 8 for 36 you must earn 3 pearls. I have only 1 and haven`t anymore the option to dive for the pearls (gray out). All others are solved.

So I must load a save to dive for the pearls first so I solved it.

I upload my save with the bug so you can look into it for others to fix it.

Last edited:

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
I don`t know how I managed to get a bug in Episode 8 for 36 you must earn 3 pearls. I have only 1 and haven`t anymore the option to dive for the pearls (gray out). All others are solved.

So I must load a save to dive for the pearls first so I solved it.

I upload my save with the bug so you can look into it for others to fix it.
I have just updated the walkthrough, if you download it again and just replace the ocean.rpyc file it should solve the problem. I didn't notice it myself, but for some reason that event got locked away from you if you had already done event 15 on the Boardwalk. So I changed it from 15 to 36, the event that is actually involved.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
It took a while, but I have finally finished the walkthrough mod for season 2 (Episodes 1-7). Once installed you will find the menu entry on the main navigation menu (when you right click) during the game. As with my other walkthrough mods, you are in control over the different options you can use.

I have also included a Bug-Fix mod intended to be used separately for anyone who doesn't want the walkthrough. This is intended to be installed on it's own, and if you try to install it over the walkthrough, it will break the game. If you choose to use the walkthrough, that is all you will need because, the Bug-Fix is already part of the walkthrough.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For a detailed list of the changes I made for the Bug-Fix, see the text file below.

EDIT 25/02/24: I fixed an issue which caused the night time shower events in episode 3 being impossible to do and leading to a 'This is a bug' message by making the game look for the correct variable (thanks to LaVale for pointing it out)

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 92 Votes