phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Dev has gone overboard with a series hard paused credit screens in the front and a really annoying 30 second pause shilling their patreon page when the user attempts to quit. So I unpacked and decompiled their script and ripped all of that shit out. Put this in your game directory if you want to avoid all of this.

Dear devs: I might respect your shit if you let me hit return or click to skip your pauses. But if you put Hard=True in, I'm ripping your shit right out.

coffi69

Jan 18, 2021
Both the guys in the previews look like dried up husks, same with MC of this Devs other game, I dont mind playing older guys but not freaking grandpas. Hard pass but good luck to the Devs with this project.

Think we need to get a Geriatric tag for these type games.
20 bucks says your mind changes when you start getting grey

• Haha
Reactions: MickMalone and Burg

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I ran into this too in chapter 2 when attempting to hit Juilia's icon in the bottom left of the screen. I guess that's where the gallery is supposed to be. I've only ever played this thing once very early on in its development and gave up quickly due to the grind. This play through I'm just looking through the script to see how fast I can speed things along in the console by nerfing "shy" and possibly juicing "love".

Anyway.... Was gallery stable at some point or is this still very much a bugfest? Looking at the gallery.rpy "mtt", appears to be some sort of image asset that the dev has forgotten to define elsewhere. It's possible they could have fat fingered something, but a search of code for "mtt" and filenames for "mtt" suggest otherwise:

This is ultimately what is blowing up:

Code:
screen mtt_screen():
    add mtt

I dunno if this is reported yet but here we go, fresh save btw.

Rich (BB code):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1484, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1487, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1489, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1495, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1500, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1502, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1503, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1504, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1504, in keywords
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1505, in <module>
NameError: name 'mtt' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1487, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1489, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1495, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1500, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1502, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1503, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1504, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1504, in keywords
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 1505, in <module>
NameError: name 'mtt' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
My best friend's daughter 11.32
Wed Aug 11 13:47:29 2021

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
Dev has gone overboard with a series hard paused credit screens in the front and a really annoying 30 second pause shilling their patreon page when the user attempts to quit. So I unpacked and decompiled their script and ripped all of that shit out. Put this in your game directory if you want to avoid all of this.

Dear devs: I might respect your shit if you let me hit return or click to skip your pauses. But if you put Hard=True in, I'm ripping your shit right out.
You're getting angry over that? :oops:
Just for my info, I'm assuming you're playing the latest public version of the game? The one you got free from the dev?

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
My Best Friend's Daughter [v11.32] [CeLaVie Group] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 2,08 GB / 847 MB - Mybestfriendsdaughter-11.32-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 2,06 GB / 829 MB - Mybestfriendsdaughter-11.32-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,07 GB / 830 MB - Mybestfriendsdaughter-11.32-mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): -

Download (Win/Linux): - Download (Mac):

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
With so many creampies and sex Julia would be Pregnant but game doesnt have pregnancy option :sneaky:
Would love Julias dad to findout her grown belly :devilish:(y)

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
That I'm free to modify as I see fit to enhance my experience and then share that with the others.
No problem at all with that or any mods to increase enjoyment. (y) And hats off to you for putting in the effort.
You just sounded pretty angry over something I did not even notice.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
I figured I'd try this dumpster fire of a game again to see if it even works in the free version. Looks like it does not work if you start a fresh save since I'm seeing reports of the variable "mtt" not being defined on line 1600 in the gallery.rpy file. It just says "add mtt" and that can either be changed to define mtt or it should be defined before adding it. So what should it be defined as?
In my opinion, it would be better to offer a patch file and not have to re-download the entire game. Or someone could give instructions on how to fix it for those of us who can understand it.
In the meantime, I'll slowly try this version out with hints enabled and see how it goes. Wish me well since I'm familiar with RfR. o_O

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I find it surprising that you "didn't notice" the 30 second patreon quit screen that doesn't allow the game window to close even after repeated clicks on the close gadget for the window. I find it surprising that you "didn't notice" what is probably 30-45 seconds of one credit or splash screen after another at game startup before you get to the main screen that happens EVERY time you start the game.

No problem at all with that or any mods to increase enjoyment. (y) And hats off to you for putting in the effort.
You just sounded pretty angry over something I did not even notice.

Reactions: hoborg

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
I find it surprising that you "didn't notice" the 30 second patreon quit screen that doesn't allow the game window to close even after repeated clicks on the close gadget for the window. I find it surprising that you "didn't notice" what is probably 30-45 seconds of one credit or splash screen after another at game startup before you get to the main screen that happens EVERY time you start the game.
And then back to my original question: I'm assuming you're playing the public released version?

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018

just-do-it-it.gif AND gracias-thanks.gif

2.50 star(s) 93 Votes