2.50 star(s) 48 Votes

Soul--Reaver

Mar 18, 2018
The way i understand it the release was not good. On the 2nd of january a corrected release was done. The release here is older :(.
So yeah we have to wait for the update.

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
The mc does not have to buy the first cheaper camera (MK1), as it does not have the Memory card reader upgrade, he has to buy the MK2 or higher to enable another option that appears in Russian, which is the one that corresponds to the dialogues and the rest of the options to be able to buy the usb cable from Lia
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
to connect that camera to the laptop/pc.
MK2 camera is currently in MC's inventory, but the girl does not have the extra dialogue option to buy a memory card reader or buy a cable.

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
MK2 camera is currently in MC's inventory, but the girl does not have the extra dialogue option to buy a memory card reader or buy a cable.
That may be because you installed the Walkthrough Mod, which overwrites the original scripts in the _content folder of the game, with scripts from a previous version of the game, as that Walkthrough Mod is not updated for this latest version of the game. Check what I comment about the same issue in this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-astaros3d.90002/post-12607032
I guess it's because you installed the Walkthrough Mod, as I didn't have that problem without that mod installed. And after installing it to test if it could be the cause, there is no option to buy the cable with Lia in her shop, if you have installed that WT Mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oran~

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
That may be because you installed the Walkthrough Mod, which overwrites the original scripts in the _content folder of the game, with scripts from a previous version of the game, as that Walkthrough Mod is not updated for this latest version of the game. Check what I comment about the same issue in this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-astaros3d.90002/post-12607032
as it seems to me it's because you installed the Walkthrough Mod, as I didn't have that problem as I didn't have that mod installed.
No. I have never installed any mod for this game.

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
No. I have never installed any mod for this game.
Well in that case I don't know the cause, because I didn't have that problem. And at least in my copy of the game that is unmodified by some mod, the only way that those options are missing to be able to buy the cable with Lia in her shop, is by installing the WT Mod. Where options and texts will be missing, and will also add more bugs in the scripts, by overwriting the ones in the _content folder for those of a previous version of the game.
The only thing I can think of is that in order to need to buy that usb cable from Lia, the mc must first try to get the password to Ivan's laptop by inserting only that memory card that Rita gave him in the University Lab, an attempt that is frustrated because that laptop doesn't have a card reader. And only after that first failed attempt, the mc needs to buy a camera with a card reader and the usb cable from Lia, in order to make up for the lack of a memory card reader in Ivan's laptop. And that option of buying the cable from Lia, will not be available until the mc completes the other task, of first trying to use only the memory card that Rita gave him in Ivan's laptop. Task you may not have completed before.

Last edited:

turk4games

Oct 19, 2019
unable to continue, a file missing. there is no 'ivan_nout.rpyc' file. search caseless no file, closes was 'nout.rpyc'

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'ivan_nout'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/opt/Games/Adult/My_Cute_Roommate_2-1.0.01010extra-pc/MCR2-1.0.01010extra-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/opt/Games/Adult/My_Cute_Roommate_2-1.0.01010extra-pc/MCR2-1.0.01010extra-pc/renpy/main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "/opt/Games/Adult/My_Cute_Roommate_2-1.0.01010extra-pc/MCR2-1.0.01010extra-pc/renpy/main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "/opt/Games/Adult/My_Cute_Roommate_2-1.0.01010extra-pc/MCR2-1.0.01010extra-pc/renpy/execution.py", line 955, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/_navigation/photo_store/shop.rpyc", line 75, in script call
File "game/_navigation/photo_store/shop.rpyc", line 75, in script call
File "game/_content/city2/gromov_house/Ivan_office/nout.rpyc", line 18, in script
á*ò\ß>M«°2*Á*ÃæÔy
File "/opt/Games/Adult/My_Cute_Roommate_2-1.0.01010extra-pc/MCR2-1.0.01010extra-pc/renpy/script.py", line 1013, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'ivan_nout'.

Linux-4.18.0-513.9.1.el8_9.x86_64-x86_64-with-centos-8.9-Green_Obsidian x86_64
Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
My Cute Roommate 2 1.0.01010extra
Wed Jan 3 22:34:23 2024

Bnasty

Jul 30, 2017
The dick will not let me in the game he keeps just doing a dot...dot thing has anyone had this happen????

Jul 17, 2017
In my case the errors that do not let me continue with the game started in a scene with Rita and the mc in the Lecture Hall, when Rita sends a message to the mc to see her in the University Laboratory after I failed the attempt to access Ivan's laptop using the memory card together with the camera and the usb cable.
I also didn't install the mod, which is said to corrupt game options, I guess because it doesn't contain them. That it contains texts in Russian also happens with the other translations that the game comes with (as in previous games of that dev.), where if you choose another language other than English, usually appear texts not only in Russian (which I think is the native language of the developer and are part of the original scripts), but also in English. And I'm also waiting for someone to upload the bug-fixes version to continue playing where I left off.

Edit: If you install the Walkthrough Mod (which is not updated), not all options appear in the shop with Lia, as it overwrites scripts from a previous version of the game.

Options in the shop with Lia without installing the Walkthrough Mod:
Options in the shop with Lia installing the Walkthrough Mod:
try deleting and replacing the _content folder

...\MyCuteRoommate2-1.0Extra\game\_content

that overwrites the Walkthrough Mod with the original one that comes with this version of the game.
I haven’t played with mods, anyway, thanks for the clarification, but this game is not worth such effort)).

Reactions: CAT0X0
2.50 star(s) 48 Votes