2.50 star(s) 47 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Screenshot_20240111_082547_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.png

Does anyone else have this problem even after you lick the rita la in the classroom and then get the memory card the mission still appears?

I can't even advance because of this, I'm almost sure the game is buggy :LOL:

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
OP doesn't have the "extra" version... or am I blind? Mega and pixel are both non-extra
It appears you are correct. When running the previously-posted version, the game displays "Version: 1.0.01010 Extra" at the main menu, but the currently-posted version displays "Version: 1.0.01013"

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
I tested it in several languages, but it didn't show up on the phone. (MCR2-1.0.01010extra-pc & MCR2-1.0.01013-pc.zip)

View attachment 3251140 View attachment 3251140 View attachment 3251141 View attachment 3251142
The game reads most of the texts of the rpyc scripts in the language you choose at the beginning (if they were translated), but it reads those phone texts from the savegame you loaded, if those phone messages are already stored inside that save, where it saved them in the language that displayed those phone messages when you created that savegame, if you created or overwritten that save when it displayed them in another language than English.
And if the default font used by the game in the language you choose at the beginning, if it's English, does not support the characters of the language in which the texts of those phone messages were stored in the savegame you loaded, those squares appear because the default font does not contain those characters, since for example for English fonts contain Ansi characters, but for other languages the font has to contain Unicode characters as well.
In the case of Ren'Py games, as their SDK allows you to generate translations to other languages, if the game developer has chosen a default font that does not support Unicode characters, you can replace that default font with the DejaVu Sans (which is Unicode).

So try pressing the SHIFT+A keys, and in Font Override select DejaVu Sans instead of Default, and then press Return to go back to the game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and so you might see those phone texts in the language in which they were stored in the savegame you loaded, which might not be the same language you choose when you start the game, if you created or overwritten that save when it showed them in a different language than the one you chose later.
So you will have to start from a previous savegame that does not have those phone messages stored in it yet.

Last edited:

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Is there a way to remove the camera from inventory? need to rebuy the camera for a task, buggy mess of a game

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
Is there a way to remove the camera from inventory? need to rebuy the camera for a task, buggy mess of a game
If you already have a camera in your inventory, and you buy a higher model, I believe it upgrades the previous one to that higher model without adding another camera to your inventory. But you can remove the camera you currently have in your inventory by installing the Universal Ren'Py Mod (URM) and then buy another camera to Lia in the shop.
although I'm not sure if by doing it this way, that camera you deleted might reappear in the future after buying some other item to Lia in the shop. Just in case everything you manipulate in this way is saved in new savegames, keeping the old saves as well so you can reload them if necessary.
At the end of this other post, you have how to manipulate some inventory items with the command console.

Reactions: EnterpriseNL

gibel

Nov 17, 2018
Q: how to put the phone on the nightstand

Ме: right on the cabinet is the back arrow and you can't see the ! sign. Moving to the computer, I see an indication ! that there is action at the bedside

Me: I do not understand this fix:
fix
open the dev mode and see table or use unren.bat

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DonHudson

Sunis000

Jan 12, 2024
I like this game but it's buggy AF. I haphazardly save-scummed through the cyrillic and figured out the memory card thing only to have a follow-on scene with loads of missing media and eventually crash to desktop (lecture hall scene with Katya and Rita).
I have same problem right now it got crashed and opens trackback.txt

Sunis000

Jan 12, 2024
I like this game but it's buggy AF. I haphazardly save-scummed through the cyrillic and figured out the memory card thing only to have a follow-on scene with loads of missing media and eventually crash to desktop (lecture hall scene with Katya and Rita).
How to solve that problem anyone here for the ideas?

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
If you already have a camera in your inventory, and you buy a higher model, I believe it upgrades the previous one to that higher model without adding another camera to your inventory. But you can remove the camera you currently have in your inventory by installing the Universal Ren'Py Mod (URM) and then buy another camera to Lia in the shop.
although I'm not sure if by doing it this way, that camera you deleted might reappear in the future after buying some other item to Lia in the shop. Just in case everything you manipulate in this way is saved in new savegames, keeping the old saves as well so you can reload them if necessary.
At the end of this other post, you have how to manipulate some inventory items with the command console.
Good to know, thanks

Reactions: CAT0X0

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
So when does it end?, I'm still having to get the data from Ivan laptop quest and already got the second card from Rita, but whatever I do I cannot combine card and camera, and yes it's the one with a card reader slot

2.50 star(s) 47 Votes