2.50 star(s) 47 Votes

lulu3

Sep 9, 2023
At the end of the tracebak you attached it states:

and the problem is that you are playing with the Version 1.0.01010 that was released first, which contains bugs as missing images or that the game closes to the desktop in the suck-Rita minigame. And they have already warned in several posts in this thread that you have to download the fixed v1.0.01013 and not the v1.0.01010 which is bugged, including the developer's warning:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12602024

so try downloading the Version: 1.0.01013 Extra published in this post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12640646

or other v1.0.01013 bug-fixes that have been posted in the thread, and check that the main menu of the game indicates that it is Version: 1.0.01013

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12668928
Friend, this was a super kind and helpful post!
Thanks very much ))

Reactions: CAT0X0

usurpatore

Jan 2, 2019
I have the same issue, any solution???? Version: 1.0.01013 Extra
I finally found how to proceed.
i selected skip unseen text in the preference
then when the pleasure bar is full (just before tha minigame restart) I clicked on ctrl key to skip text and I finally proceeded!

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
We don't know if the mod will also be able to skip minigames? ... :unsure:
Or any advice on how to skip them.. ?
The variables that control the visibility of the Skip button or arrow in the mini-games I believe are these:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Attach a rar containing the files 00console.rpy (already edited to enable the command console), and unren-console.rpy (which creates the UnRen enabling the Console+Dev Menu).

Last edited:
Reactions: django009

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
I get an error that blows the game out... This iswhere they are going to get the ring back from the boyfriend. I am on the 1013extra version.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object (u'gfx/items/mi\u0441hail_ring.png') at 0x00000000219d25d0>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gfx/items/miсhail_ring.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 955, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/tl/English/_content/city2/slum/maid3.rpyc", line 904, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1474, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1006, in do_display
**display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3582, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4175, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2785, in draw_screen

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
I get an error that blows the game out... This iswhere they are going to get the ring back from the boyfriend. I am on the 1013extra version.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object (u'gfx/items/mi\u0441hail_ring.png') at 0x00000000219d25d0>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 955, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1474, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1006, in do_display
**display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3582, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4175, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2785, in draw_screen
Try copying the two images contained in the rar attached in this post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12695162
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/01/3307615_MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc_michail_ring_png.rar

respecting the folder structure so that the game finds the image miсhail_ring.png

...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\gfx\items\m_ring.png
...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\gfx\items\michail_ring.png

because in both cases it seems to be the same error:
Did you install any third-party translation or mod? because something translated or renamed that image in some script by error.

Last edited:

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
can anyone share a save file right after you put a phone on the nightstand
Try if you can complete the task "Put the phone on the nightstand" with this fix, which is how I was able to complete it on my copy of the game (Version: 1.0.01013).

You have to overwrite the hero_quests.ini file (which has line 209 edited)

...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\db\quests\hero_quests.ini

by the one that contains the rar of the attachment. Which also contains a backup of the original hero_quests.ini within the hero_quests_BACKUP.rar so you can restore it if it didn't work for you, or after completing that task.

Then have Derek go to his room at Night, and check if appears a notification (!) upon the nightstand
where he has to put the phone.

ohwonders

Apr 7, 2022
How does these releases work? Is the game finished, but is rolled out for the public slowly or what's the deal with v1.0 version number? I foolishly expected a more complete game after seeing that number, it doesn't seem to be particularly close to the finish either. Anyways - cool game, but I can fully understand why the game's rating is as it is.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
Try copying the two images contained in the rar attached in this post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12695162
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/01/3283981_MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc_michail_ring_png.rar

respecting the folder structure so that the game finds the image miсhail_ring.png

...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\gfx\items\m_ring.png
...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\gfx\items\michail_ring.png

because in both cases it seems to be the same error:

Did you install any third-party translation or mod? because something translated or renamed that image in some script by error.
noi did not

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
noi did not
If it can be corrected by adding the image of the attachment, may be that image was renamed in some official translation of the game, because the name of the image of Mikhail's ring contained in the archive.rpa is m_ring.png. And when that scene ends and Gulya gives Derek the Mikhail's ring that she had given to Said, the game show the image of that ring in a screen where it says that the task is completed and also warns that the ring has been added to the inventory, and it can't find it because for some reason instead of being called m_ring.png it is called michail_ring.png, where michail is not the name of that character either, that it is mikhail, so it sound like an error with some translation.

Last edited:

tamaco

Jul 19, 2017
Try if you can complete the task "Put the phone on the nightstand" with this fix, which is how I was able to complete it on my copy of the game (Version: 1.0.01013).

by the one that contains the rar of the attachment. Which also contains a backup of the original hero_quests.ini within the hero_quests_BACKUP.rar so you can restore it if it didn't work for you, or after completing that task.

Then have Derek go to his room at Night, and check if appears a notification (!) upon the nightstand
Thx it worked

sb10l

Apr 9, 2020
It looks like you skipped a previous task, because after Rita hands Derek the first memory card in the University Chemistry Lab, Derek first tries opening the inventory, selecting the memory card, and then Ivan's laptop. And in that text translated from Russian to English in your screenshot:

"Maybe you won't stick your hands in the laptop, but take a memory card?"

Dick seems to suggest to Derek to try a memory card, which you don't have separate from the camera if you've already combined both items.

So try loading a previous savegame where you don't have the memory card combined with the camera, so Derek can open the inventory, select just the memory card, then the Ivan's laptop, and then after complete that other previous task, go for the other task where he needs the memory card + camera + cable in the inventory.

Edit: If you still have a lot of Russian text when Derek interacts with Ivan's laptop, you may be playing v1.0.01010 and not v1.0.01013, because v1.0.01013 translated some Russian text in those scenes into English.
Thanks kindly for your help. Nada. The version I have is MCR2-1.0.01010-pc dnloaded Jan 24.. Nothing is working. I'll keep trying, last resort, dump the game.

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
Thanks kindly for your help. Nada. The version I have is MCR2-1.0.01010-pc dnloaded Jan 24.. Nothing is working. I'll keep trying, last resort, dump the game.
Don't play with MCR2-1.0.01010-pc, it has too many bugs, download the Version: 1.0.01013 Extra that they posted in this post, which has translated most of the texts that appeared in russian with the v1.0.01010 bugged when Derek interacts with the Ivan's laptop:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12640646

To translate the texts that still appear in russian if you play it in pc, it's better to use the T3000 instead of some OCR. See in the spoiler of this post if you want to try translate them with the T3000:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12658342

If you want attach a savegame of that task where Derek can't hack Ivan's laptop, and I try to load it on my copy of the game, because in my case I had no problems with the first memory card, and I also skipped several tasks that Derek should have completed before.

deadman88

Mar 18, 2019

anyfix?? download the MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc and this and still nothing???? am i missing something or do i need to finish the buy cable and camera??? also any way to increase the money much faster??

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
anyfix?? download the MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc and this and still nothing???? am i missing something or do i need to finish the buy cable and camera??? also any way to increase the money much faster??
You have to ask the game developer for the fix. I guess it depends on the order in which Derek completed the tasks of "Get the data from Ivan's laptop", which is the other pending task that apparently overlaps with "Put the phone on the nightstand". And if you try searching for nightstand in the thread, there are queries where they could not complete that task dated September either, where it has to be with the previous version and not with this latest update, which suggest that the game has some bug with that task, which apparently caused by the order in which Derek carries out the other tasks.

You can edit the money with command console (in the example $100):

credits = 100

but don't overdo, because for example there is a task where Derek asks Lida for household chores in order to earn money, which you might overlook, or you advance or skip tasks by buying items when Derek hasn't triggered the events that lead him to earn money yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadman88
2.50 star(s) 47 Votes