Mod Ren'Py My Dorm Multi-Mod [v0.12 + Part 2 fixes][RiamMar]

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Actually, since this is kinda reserved for fix-it stuff now, I thought it would be more appropriate to put potential bug reports here.

True… But the remastered is Spanish first and I'll have to look if I will find this. Probably will have to do a Ctrl+F all files. Maybe I should fix that immediately and then wonder "What the f, it's already fixed!" later. :D
... also 'cause Trope might see it faster here ;)
Don't remind me. :ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, I guess I'm seeing these partially 'cause I'm playing for a third time, and partially 'cause I went into this playthrough thinking about giving notes ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Okay, I guess I'm seeing these partially 'cause I'm playing for a third time, and partially 'cause I went into this playthrough thinking about giving notes ...
Currently with the dentist.
Will make a note when I get back home.

But this one we deemed correct. She "aggros when she's in a bad state of mind".

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Currently with the dentist.
Will make a note when I get back home.

But this one we deemed correct. She "aggros when she's in a bad state of mind".
I can't argue then, but then I do think "flustered" would be the more common reference.

Also, thinking of the character, "enervated" is a word Scarlett or Daphne would be more likely to use. I would say it's not a commonly-used word here in the US.

• Red Heart

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I can't argue then, but then I do think "flustered" would be the more common reference.

Also, thinking of the character, "enervated" is a word Scarlett or Daphne would be more likely to use. I would say it's not a commonly-used word here in the US.
It's TropecitaGames way of life. Reading dictionaries and then using weird words. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Okay, TropecitaGames, I don't remember this one, but ...
You are right. In Spanish "Replicate" (replicar) has a second use as "answer back to" or "talk back to". Since neither Word or Grammarly complained, I didn't catch it. Changed to "answer back to Daphne".

Replicating Daphne is already done with Eva :D
True… But the remastered is Spanish first and I'll have to look if I will find this. Probably will have to do a Ctrl+F all files. Maybe I should fix that immediately and then wonder "What the f, it's already fixed!" later. :D

Don't remind me. :ROFLMAO:
It's in c045EN.rpy. Line 432

As Riam says, "enervated" is correctly used but, as you say, it looks more like a word for Daph or Scarlett than for Emma looking at the "complaints" it has received. Changed to "flustered".
Problem for non-native speakers: Using a correct word in the correct situation that native speakers don't ever use (the Disponibility/Availability thing from some days ago just came to mind). :ROFLMAO:

It's TropecitaGames way of life. Reading dictionaries and then using weird words. :ROFLMAO:
That's the way, right?
Or even worse. Inventing titles to avoid naming films/products and someone thinking is a typo ("The fianceé princess" for example)

Reactions: Belly97

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As Riam says, "enervated" is correctly used but, as you say, it looks more like a word for Daph or Scarlett than for Emma looking at the "complaints" it has received. Changed to "flustered".
Problem for non-native speakers: Using a correct word in the correct situation that native speakers don't ever use (the Disponibility/Availability thing from some days ago just came to mind). :ROFLMAO:
(y):unsure::ROFLMAO:

That's the way, right?
Or even worse. Inventing titles to avoid naming films/products and someone thinking is a typo ("The fianceé princess" for example)
:ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

I just woke up too ...

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just letting you know (or threatening you?), I've skipped ahead to the new chapter ... and my brain is still in edit mode, so I'm gathering evidence to present later ...

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Oh boy!

Well, that was a ride.
[..]
Okay, for real now:
View attachment 2968391
The colloquial phrase is "... doesn't make any sense ..."
We have a similar thing in German, where something cannot make sense. Sure they can have a "Sinn" as in "being able to sense something" but if something has a purpose, it doesn't "make" sense it "has" purpose or it adds up.
Sinn haben = making sense (smth. has a purpose that is reasonable, it is sensible to do something this way)
Sinn ergeben = making sense (smth. yields a reasonable/sensible outcome or "adds up")
macht Sinn = There's nothing proven to be able to "make" sense. So, this would be spoken like a true pleb with pants down to the ankles, squatting with a bottle in a paperback in hand in Alabama. (JK, Alabama is probably a nice place)
:ROFLMAO:
But as you said, colloquially it makes sense.

Anyway, my guess is, that this is the same or something similar in Spanish? Though, I would only know of "tener sentido" in some variations. It's too early in the morning and I mostly only undestand "embarazada" when I read Spanish. So *shrugs*

JK, carger, grabar, teclado, ratón. Just translated the games UI, so my vocabulary is growing slowly… :D Also too early on the coffee pot clock!

The Towels do a magic trick
I won't be able to fix that in code, since I'm sure the order of renders is as they are intended… That's an easteregg! Congratulations, you found it!
TropecitaGames why did she put the towels back behind her? :LOL:
:sneaky: Meemaw is beautiful though!

There are some and most at least know of it, I think. No comments were made, afaik. Not even by Satou themselves! Though I'm not sure they played this update yet. Not everyone is on Daphne's Teacher tier or higher. :p

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Well, that was a ride.

Okay, for real now:
View attachment 2968391
The colloquial phrase is "... doesn't make any sense ..."
Fixed! I used that expression twice. Translated one right the other wrong. No excuses here.

View attachment 2968418
Haven't you heard of the towel-generating-chair? I should change that (those) renders.
Meemaw is so beautiful that I should invent a new word, right? :ROFLMAO: Fixed!

The sentence about the bad guys was one of the first "jokes" I wrote.

There are a lot of non-f95 users on My Dorm's Discord. Not even the F95 users commented on that image.
They commented about the shootouts to the Discord community (Debbie's alter ego "is" an artist there, and the image she shows to the MC is a spoof of her art. The people the MC names (RiamMod and BlackRaven) are obviously RiamMar and the moderator/proofreader), but not on the sticker.

There was a lot of information there, written by an "over-coffeed" Jamaal who doesn't have all the information the MC has, so the document was a mess pseudo-on-purpose. Forcing the players to read it would be too cruel.

[/SPOILER]
Why? Too much drama?
For the last scene, I wanted to add rain to modify the mood, but Kiara's hair in wet mode didn't look good.

I like nests ...
Oh, and my overall reaction ...
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*
Answering with nests is a mess, but posting them looked great

Reactions: Elhemeer

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Oh boy!

We have a similar thing in German, where something cannot make sense. Sure they can have a "Sinn" as in "being able to sense something" but if something has a purpose, it doesn't "make" sense it "has" purpose or it adds up.
Sinn haben = making sense (smth. has a purpose that is reasonable, it is sensible to do something this way)
Sinn ergeben = making sense (smth. yields a reasonable/sensible outcome or "adds up")
macht Sinn = There's nothing proven to be able to "make" sense. So, this would be spoken like a true pleb with pants down to the ankles, squatting with a bottle in a paperback in hand in Alabama. (JK, Alabama is probably a nice place)
:ROFLMAO:
But as you said, colloquially it makes sense.

Anyway, my guess is, that this is the same or something similar in Spanish? Though, I would only know of "tener sentido" in some variations. It's too early in the morning and I mostly only undestand "embarazada" when I read Spanish. So *shrugs*

JK, carger, grabar, teclado, ratón. Just translated the games UI, so my vocabulary is growing slowly… :D Also too early on the coffee pot clock!

I won't be able to fix that in code, since I'm sure the order of renders is as they are intended… That's an easteregg! Congratulations, you found it!
TropecitaGames why did she put the towels back behind her? :LOL:

:sneaky: Meemaw is beautiful though!

There are some and most at least know of it, I think. No comments were made, afaik. Not even by Satou themselves! Though I'm not sure they played this update yet. Not everyone is on Daphne's Teacher tier or higher. :p
In Spanish, we are simple people. The things have sense by themselves "tener sentido" they don't make it :D
As said in my answer to Elhemeer, I translated one right and one wrong. I guess I was in different states of sleepiness when translating them.

She didn't put the towels back, I forgot to hide them once she gave them to the MC.

Satou haven't played the update yet, he's on the "free tier"

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
There was a lot of information there, written by an "over-coffeed" Jamaal who doesn't have all the information the MC has, so the document was a mess pseudo-on-purpose. Forcing the players to read it would be too cruel.
Heh ... I should have cropped that image down. The only part of it that made me think of the Rage of Thrones quote was this part ...
Screenshot 2023-09-29 213613.png

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I suppose it wouldn't be a good idea to mention, in the comments of today's (yesterday for you?) Patreon post, that if someone knew where to look they could try the new interface in part 12?

Anyway, not gonna risk it ...

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I guess most of the supporters are in discord as well? Don't have the numbers…
Anyway, those that are, should now about it too.
Anyway, not gonna risk it ...
Good, good. Didn't read anything. :D

Anyway. We already moved on to actively using it for development and now that Trop is implementing the content with it, he finds some things here and there. I have a small ToDo list of what I still need or want to do. Should be fine.
Probably the most problematic thing is Trop getting familiar with the new stuff and for me reworking the already existing profiles stuff to use the neat new things I coded since I started with the idea of them.

I'm open for people to find bugs, but I'm relatively optimistic, now that the import and questionnaire are basically finished (maybe some improvements on writing, maybe not) it should be have almost everything, functionally, that is new. The rest should come while Trop implements the content.

Thanks for testing the beta. It really helped a lot!

Edit: Removed the links to the beta. It has already changed so much with the fixes and new stuff, that testing on that version or on Part I wouldn't be helpful anymore.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer