Mod Ren'Py My Dorm Multi-Mod [v0.12 + Part 2 fixes][RiamMar]

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
I was going to ask, if it wouldn't be too much effort, if you could add a scene replay gallery, but after searching I see that's already in the works, so instead take this as another vote for it to be at the top of the priority list. Also please put in an "unlock all" toggle rather than just having every scene available by default, I like being able to gauge how far I am in a game by how much of the gallery remains locked.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I was going to ask, if it wouldn't be too much effort, if you could add a scene replay gallery, but after searching I see that's already in the works, so instead take this as another vote for it to be at the top of the priority list. Also please put in an "unlock all" toggle rather than just having every scene available by default, I like being able to gauge how far I am in a game by how much of the gallery remains locked.
TL;DR: Yes, something like that. :D

The priority order for now is:
1) Get Part 2 working like a purrfect littly kitty (well, working or working well? :D)
2) Get the profiles done
3) Get the scene replay in the profiles

Part 1 will get the replay gallery with the "Code Remaster". I hope to get it done within a month or so after v0.13. Depends on how fast I get the old translation system pressed into Ren'Pys translation.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
TL;DR: Yes, something like that. :D

The priority order for now is:
1) Get Part 2 working like a purrfect littly kitty (well, working or working well? :D)
2) Get the profiles done
3) Get the scene replay in the profiles

Part 1 will get the replay gallery with the "Code Remaster". I hope to get it done within a month or so after v0.13. Depends on how fast I get the old translation system pressed into Ren'Pys translation.
I just want to clarify something. Part two will work with the part 1 save we just (if finished) made. But will old saves work when the Part 1 remaster is done, or would the remaster have to be started from scratch?

Basically, will we be able to load a late save into the remaster and have access to all the profile information and unlocked galleries?

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I just want to clarify something. Part two will work with the part 1 save we just (if finished) made. But will old saves work when the Part 1 remaster is done, or would the remaster have to be started from scratch?

Basically, will we be able to load a late save into the remaster and have access to all the profile information and unlocked galleries?
Part 2 has a save import of the save that is created at the end (where it asks for a name for the save file). Alternatively there's a questionnaire for those that lost their save.

For the code-remastered Part 1:
I'll will have to look into it further. If it works as I hope it does, it will reset to the beginning of the current "label" (scene) the save is at. So ideally maybe a few minutes of progress are lost.
Worst case, the saves will be incompatible. In that case I will try to add some saves for the beginning of each day. That scenario is unlikely though, since the save import is a part 1 save that works in part 2, just, as described, resetting to the start of the "end save" scene and then continuing with part 2. Replace part 2 content with the remastered code of part 1 and we should be good to go. :D Happy thoughts of an exhausted but optimistic coder — we got a few annoying bugs fixed and a lot of stuff working as intended today.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm here again, being neurotic. Also a bit confused.

If I downloaded the allversions family patch, and was using the beta4 decisions mod, do I now need to download JUST the multimod patched version, JUST the 02 fix version, or do I need both the family patch and the multimod patched versions?

(Also, I don't need to download the translations separately, right?)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm here again, being neurotic. Also a bit confused.

If I downloaded the allversions family patch, and was using the beta4 decisions mod, do I now need to download JUST the multimod patched version, JUST the 02 fix version, or do I need both the family patch and the multimod patched versions?

(Also, I don't need to download the translations separately, right?)
This is only for those that took part in the BETA:
Either keep the beta and just play the game or
Delete the modules folder, reinstall "Patched" version of the normal mod.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Dadelton101

Oct 16, 2023
My favorite game (by far) so far! Thank you!!!

Heh, I like your mind!
Won't get any more intrusive as it is now. But there is something intrusive coming soon, that will make a lot of people really happy. At least I hope so.

I wont spoil anything, though. So keep your eyes open for updates in the future. :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95 and RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Can I add the mod for the android version ?
The Android version should be patched and modded already.
If you use Joiplay, you should be able to add the mod. If there are any errors with that, let me know.

Reactions: mo69az

Sammy999999

Dec 20, 2020
Hey so I encountered an error in the Android pre-patched version. After the lactation content choice whenever I try to open "Decisions" it gives an error. I can't open Decisions now. Any ideas on what to do? Should I just reinstall?
I'm attaching the screenshot for it.
Screenshot_20231026-031611_My Dorm.jpg

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hey so I encountered an error in the Android pre-patched version. After the lactation content choice whenever I try to open "Decisions" it gives an error. I can't open Decisions now. Any ideas on what to do? Should I just reinstall?
I'm attaching the screenshot for it.
View attachment 3034146
If you download , it should be fixed.
It's midnight here already, if the error still pops up with this "fix02" file, I will need to have another look tomorrow.

Sammy999999

Dec 20, 2020
It's midnight here already, if the error still pops up with this "fix02" file, I will need to have another look tomorrow.
No I was actually playing the version that's been put on the Dev's page the one named "Android pre-patched". Also I downloaded the apk right after release so I'm not sure if the version put right now is fixed or not. I'll try the fix02 file and let you know if it works.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
The mod for Part 2 will take a bit longer than usual, since it's a bit more complex and I'm currently not at full health.

The walkthrough is already in the game, if that's what you are looking for. If you have to rename a character, you will have to "start a new game" and use the questionnaire, which also lets you choose which choices you made in Part 1.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JohnJG and Elhemeer

Sammy999999

Dec 20, 2020
Hey so I downloaded the patch file but I'm playing the Android version. So where do I put this?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hey so I downloaded the patch file but I'm playing the Android version. So where do I put this?
Afaik, there's no need to patch the Android version, there's already a pre-patched APK available.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Download the second one shown in this picture and you should be good.

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022
Since the WT is in game how could one obtain a hard copy? I am missing a decision that i end up setting manually and it seems to throw off the game. So I thought i would ask if there was a way to extract the WT.

Reactions: Trope95

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Since the WT is in game how could one obtain a hard copy? I am missing a decision that i end up setting manually and it seems to throw off the game. So I thought i would ask if there was a way to extract the WT.
Hard copy? As in writtin as PDF? Afaik, there's none.
Which decision are you missing or setting manually and what effect do you want to get?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I answered you on the other thread right now