Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
It's due to some aggressively single-minded interpretation of one or two lines of her dialogue suggesting she might not have been a nun while not in a relationship with the MC.
Oh yeah, the whole thing that offends some people. Everyone has to be chaste until the MC graciously dates them.

Good thing the MC has the penis for the job.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
All girls are avoidable relationship-wise. I don't quite understand when you say you have to avoid another girl to avoid Eileen.
I can't think of any character who is cut out from the story entirely, although for some of the girls, if they are turned down, their appearances will be much shorter.
Yeah sorry for the missunderstanding, i got the game mixed up with a 'Desire of Fate', where there was a similar discussion about the ex.

Reactions: Trope95

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I loved the tags, but i loved more the control that you have on this game, you can choose a lot of different options, i really wish that every game have this kind of control on what we want to see, amazing work of the dev, the only thing that i wish that the game could have is a gallery.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95 and RiamMar

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I loved the tags, but i loved more the control that you have on this game, you can choose a lot of different options, i really wish that every game have this kind of control on what we want to see, amazing work of the dev, the only thing that i wish that the game could have is a gallery.
It is worked on but will take a bit more time to be released. Most likely not in v0.9. I will have to see how I can manage my health and time and how I distribute that time on the ToDo list.

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I agree with you about the control thing. When I started to think about My Dorm, my first question was "What kind of game I would like to play?", and having control was one of the things I wanted.
Obviously everything has a cost, as I am discovering as I face the consequences of some of my choices: Double renders for Samantha's scenes (depending on whether the player has chosen to keep the Black Panther or preferred the Sphinx Cat), 7 different Scenes for Scarlett and Daphne's (Together, Separately, Both, Single, Corruption, Romance), 3 for Maddie's (FemDom, MaleDom, Romance), etc.
It would probably be easier to do a KN, but much less fun to both design and play.

Since I like to do things a little differently, I had thought of a different gallery as well, one where the player could choose to see the full route for a specific girl. As the game grows in choices, that becomes more complicated. Add to that the fact that my programming skills resemble those of a chimpanzee pounding on a keyboard, and it's something I can't do alone, and RiamMar has volunteered to help me do that and a lot of other things. I could not be more grateful for the effort and work he is doing.
Some will be integrated into the base game and others will only be accessible through his mod. The problem is that we want to do so many things that we have to prioritize. The first priority is to continue publishing updates at the current rate (this month it will be impossible since 0.9 is coming out so huge that it will have to be split in two). The next priorities (in no particular order) are to improve the interface, create the girls' bios pages, the gallery, etc.

Mr.Heartbeat

Dec 19, 2020
I agree with you about the control thing. When I started to think about My Dorm, my first question was "What kind of game I would like to play?", and having control was one of the things I wanted.
Obviously everything has a cost, as I am discovering as I face the consequences of some of my choices: Double renders for Samantha's scenes (depending on whether the player has chosen to keep the Black Panther or preferred the Sphinx Cat), 7 different Scenes for Scarlett and Daphne's (Together, Separately, Both, Single, Corruption, Romance), 3 for Maddie's (FemDom, MaleDom, Romance), etc.
It would probably be easier to do a KN, but much less fun to both design and play.
that sounds a lot of work, do you have any plans on hiring someone to lessen the workload once you have enough income?

do you have a clear general plan?

other than you, who else is working/helping with you?

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
that sounds a lot of work, do you have any plans on hiring someone to lessen the workload once you have enough income?

do you have a clear general plan?

other than you, who else is working/helping with you?
I have thought about hiring someone in the future, but I have come to the conclusion that it is very difficult to integrate someone. Writing is a very personal thing, the same for "art", coding is very simple and intimately linked to writing. Where it would be easiest to hire someone would be as a translator.

I have a clear plan of where the game is going, and I even have a (tentative) ending written. I have written the epilogue, although it is not set in stone and could receive changes.

Those of us working on the game..:
* Me: Script, coding, "art", story, translation, player relations. Take it as a game made by one person.
* My wife: She reads the whole script in Spanish without knowing where the story is going. She is like another player, but she corrects things, especially about female mentality ("A woman wouldn't say that or would say it differently", "Samantha wouldn't wear that dress", "Erika must die a virgin, because she is my favorite and I don't want anyone to touch her" :ROFLMAO: ).
* My stepson: First proofread of the English version and beta-test of all the routes.
* The daughter of a friend on whom Erika is loosely based: Second proofread of the English version and vocabulary corrections of the younger girls' expressions ("This looks like a 50-year-old guy wrote it. Young girls don't talk like that.")

Apart from that, I collaborate with some players who detect mistakes that neither my stepson nor "Erika" have detected, and a couple of native English players who are reviewing all the text from previous updates.

And last but not least, RiamMar who, besides making his wonderful mod, helps me on a technical level with the programming, to make it more efficient and consistent. He also reviews the text, and as he is a poet in his heart, he suggests me expressions that are better than mine, and corrects typos or incorrect sentences.

___abbas___

Mar 30, 2020
I have thought about hiring someone in the future, but I have come to the conclusion that it is very difficult to integrate someone. Writing is a very personal thing, the same for "art", coding is very simple and intimately linked to writing. Where it would be easiest to hire someone would be as a translator.

I have a clear plan of where the game is going, and I even have a (tentative) ending written. I have written the epilogue, although it is not set in stone and could receive changes.

Those of us working on the game..:
* Me: Script, coding, "art", story, translation, player relations. Take it as a game made by one person.
* My wife: She reads the whole script in Spanish without knowing where the story is going. She is like another player, but she corrects things, especially about female mentality ("A woman wouldn't say that or would say it differently", "Samantha wouldn't wear that dress", "Erika must die a virgin, because she is my favorite and I don't want anyone to touch her" :ROFLMAO: ).
* My stepson: First proofread of the English version and beta-test of all the routes.
* The daughter of a friend on whom Erika is loosely based: Second proofread of the English version and vocabulary corrections of the younger girls' expressions ("This looks like a 50-year-old guy wrote it. Young girls don't talk like that.")

Apart from that, I collaborate with some players who detect mistakes that neither my stepson nor "Erika" have detected, and a couple of native English players who are reviewing all the text from previous updates.

And last but not least, RiamMar who, besides making his wonderful mod, helps me on a technical level with the programming, to make it more efficient and consistent. He also reviews the text, and as he is a poet in his heart, he suggests me expressions that are better than mine, and corrects typos or incorrect sentences.
Wonderful wonderful wonderful, I love how you are asking your close ones for help with your hobby, and they are happily helping you it really warms my heart

• Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Wonderful wonderful wonderful, I love how you are asking your close ones for help with your hobby, and they are happily helping you it really warms my heart
It would be impossible to work 200-300 hours a month on the game without my family's support, especially that of my wife. These are hours in which I am not with her, so her support is indispensable. Since she is also involved in the story (she doesn't have access to the script or the epilogue), she wants to know how it continues and doesn't complain "too much" about the days I stay up until 2 AM working on the game and she has to go to sleep alone.

___abbas___

Mar 30, 2020
It would be impossible to work 200-300 hours a month on the game without my family's support, especially that of my wife. These are hours in which I am not with her, so her support is indispensable. Since she is also involved in the story (she doesn't have access to the script or the epilogue), she wants to know how it continues and doesn't complain "too much" about the days I stay up until 2 AM working on the game and she has to go to sleep alone.
I really hope from the bottom of my heart that your beautiful love for each other will live forever and to be happy with your family for eternity.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RiamMar and Trope95

Mr.Heartbeat

Dec 19, 2020
It is nice of your wife and family helping you, but sometimes you have to take a break for a day or two just so you dont get burned out from developing the game or when you face with an obstacle while writing the script.

does your wife play your game?

and speaking of wife, what are the details about MC grandma? can we go charles boyle on her? and will the pregnancy tag applies to her due to plot reasons?

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
It is nice of your wife and family helping you, but sometimes you have to take a break for a day or two just so you dont get burned out from developing the game or when you face with an obstacle while writing the script.

does your wife play your game?

and speaking of wife, what are the details about MC grandma? can we go charles boyle on her? and will the pregnancy tag applies to her due to plot reasons?
I take two days off every week from developing My Dorm. Those are Tuesday and Thursday, the days my boss forces me to go to my office and work 7-19 :ROFLMAO:. I arrive home at 20, so it's family time until my wife goes to bed around 23-23:30. Then I check the images I've left rendering since last night (usually 30-100) and correct the wrong ones, but no developing those days.

My wife has her own playthrough. When I have a scene designed, written, and rendered, she plays it with her playthrough, and then she reads the text file with the dialogues not in her playthrough due to other paths. Her playthrough is full harem (all girls), full romance (Daphne and Maddie), non-incest.

I don't get the Charles Boyle reference, sorry.
We can romance grandma, but we won't be able to impregnate her for plot/background reasons.

Mr.Heartbeat

Dec 19, 2020
I take two days off every week from developing My Dorm. Those are Tuesday and Thursday, the days my boss forces me to go to my office and work 7-19 :ROFLMAO:. I arrive home at 20, so it's family time until my wife goes to bed around 23-23:30. Then I check the images I've left rendering since last night (usually 30-100) and correct the wrong ones, but no developing those days.

My wife has her own playthrough. When I have a scene designed, written, and rendered, she plays it with her playthrough, and then she reads the text file with the dialogues not in her playthrough due to other paths. Her playthrough is full harem (all girls), full romance (Daphne and Maddie), non-incest.

I don't get the Charles Boyle reference, sorry.
We can romance grandma, but we won't be able to impregnate her for plot/background reasons.
seems like you manage your time okay.

mentioning your Wife play full harem reminds me of bakarina except the dense part.

charles boyle is a character from brooklyn 9-9, in one of the cold open, when his co-worker were comparing who have arrested criminal the oldest in the past, he misunderstood and stated the oldest he had sex with.

well i gotta sleep now and check on the progress next time.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
You have no idea how many developer choose the "easy" way, is really good to have this much control of anything you may like, is really hard to find one game that is this good, and i'm really glad that i have found this game.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
You have no idea how many developer choose the "easy" way, is really good to have this much control of anything you may like, is really hard to find one game that is this good, and i'm really glad that i have found this game.
From 0.9 onwards the player will have a lot more choices. Until now we were in Phase 1, so the important choices were opening routes and setting up content for the future (lesbian, pregnancy).
In 0.9 the students arrive, and they don't know the MC so they don't have any reason to fall for him at first sight. For the students, a point system will be implemented (basic and obvious in most cases even without wt) so they can begin to like the MC.
Also, I've created a "cheat" for one of the scenes with its different variants, so the player can see all the variants he wants. It's somewhat integrated into the narrative, so it's a "cheat that doesn't feel (outrageously) like a cheat".
I hope you enjoy

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
From 0.9 onwards the player will have a lot more choices. Until now we were in Phase 1, so the important choices were opening routes and setting up content for the future (lesbian, pregnancy).
In 0.9 the students arrive, and they don't know the MC so they don't have any reason to fall for him at first sight. For the students, a point system will be implemented (basic and obvious in most cases even without wt) so they can begin to like the MC.
Also, I've created a "cheat" for one of the scenes with its different variants, so the player can see all the variants he wants. It's somewhat integrated into the narrative, so it's a "cheat that doesn't feel (outrageously) like a cheat".
I hope you enjoy
I love how much you interact with us ... but you're not helping my patience ... :devilish:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I love how much you interact with us ... but you're not helping my patience ... :devilish:
We call it "poner los dientes largos" in Spain... that would translate as "making someone eager with anticipation" :devilish:
Like this, for example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes