Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
A real poly game can be much fun, but you know that, even if there isn't any other male, The NTR Inquisition will come crying for a tag if two LI have fun without the MC present. Technically they could be right if it's done without the MC's knowledge. If it is with the MC's knowledge it would need a sharing tag.
I wanted to avoid those two tags since the first minute. I'm allergic to NTR (either with male or female) and to dicks not attached to the MC's body, and sharing doesn't fit the game theme.
But I recognize a well-done poly game can be a lot of fun (I consider the best game I played, Sisterly Lust, as poly)
I hope I do a good job of it. It's one reason I'm working on shorter stories before I tackle the big one. And yes, I know that a certain contingent will not like it, but being true to my experience and inspiration is more important.

One thing I'm feeling about this story is a bit of dread from my own worries.
One of my biggest poly fears is what if two partners need me at the same time?
Mark's circle is now complex enough that in the real world, there would be time conflicts. I've just gotten to the point where Erika messages him right after he finishes his date with Maddie. Convenient timing that doesn't always happen in real life.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yes, a little study and the application of concise logic will take you all the way every time - when it applies to getting it right. I was thinking more of all the ill conceived illogical arguments that inevitably arrive during the development. Sometimes the arguments are well presented and lines get blurred. For example, if I were to join those trying to label "My Dorm" as needing a Poly tag I would argue to remove the stigma of "romantic love" only. The girls of the "harem" are all in some sort of relationship with one another and as the overarching dynamic of the relationships grow with the MC and more >2 intimacy occurs; an argument for poly "amorous" relationship can be made. I'm not saying this is correct and I'm not saying it is not. I'm just saying labeling it invites debate. And THAT is what I think is exhausting... :rolleyes:

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
I hope I do a good job of it. It's one reason I'm working on shorter stories before I tackle the big one. And yes, I know that a certain contingent will not like it, but being true to my experience and inspiration is more important.

Mark's circle is now complex enough that in the real world, there would be time conflicts. I've just gotten to the point where Erika messages him right after he finishes his date with Maddie. Convenient timing that doesn't always happen in real life.
But you are missing one crucial fact: the harem soon will be public, every girl will know of all the others, so even if two of them will need the MC at the same time, thay can talk to each other and find a way. If the MC has a "date" with one girl, he will just tell the others, so in case of emergency they know what he is doing and where to find him without any fallout. And please, stop comparing this AVN (or any AVN for that matter) to the real life xD

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

I can only give one piece of advice about that. Do what you feel comfortable about, tell the story you want to tell, and don't mind any contingent. It's your story. Feedback is welcome, but don't let other people's tastes derail your vision.
The time conflicts would be an issue right now. The girls are making most of the moves and poor MC is going up and down trying to please every one of them. He made some moves (Samantha, Martha, Maddie in two of her paths) but he is primarily reacting. As you say, what happens if two girls claim him at the same time? It will be somewhat explored in v.0.11B.
As the relationships come out in the open, that issue reduces itself significantly. Do two girls need the MC? Threesome!!!
That's what happened with Wingman-Eileen and Alexia.

Yes, a little study and the application of concise logic will take you all the way every time - when it applies to getting it right. I was thinking more of all the ill conceived illogical arguments that inevitably arrive during the development. Sometimes the arguments are well presented and lines get blurred. For example, if I were to join those trying to label "My Dorm" as needing a Poly tag I would argue to remove the stigma of "romantic love" only. The girls of the "harem" are all in some sort of relationship with one another and as the overarching dynamic of the relationships grow with the MC and more >2 intimacy occurs; an argument for poly "amorous" relationship can be made. I'm not saying this is correct and I'm not saying it is not. I'm just saying labeling it invites debate. And THAT is what I think is exhausting... :rolleyes:
When the lines get blurred any well-presented argument can make the coin fall on the poster side of the line, but any well-presented counter-argument can move that coin.
Following your poly "amorous" relationship, yes Norah loves Erika and Daphne. But that isn't poly "amorous" (I'm a speaker of a romance language, and amorous means love, not mother-daughter or fraternal love). If that kind of love was proof enough to make a multiple-relationship polyamorous, it would mean any family would be polyamorous. My mother loved my father, and both loved me and I loved them. I love my aunts, cousins, uncles, grandparents, etc. I even love my sister-in-law. I don't think anyone will call my family a polyamorous relationship.
Romantic love is needed to be called that.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
But you are missing one crucial fact: the harem soon will be public, every girl will know of all the others, so even if two of them will need the MC at the same time, thay can talk to each other and find a way. If the MC has a "date" with one girl, he will just tell the others, so in case of emergency they know what he is doing and where to find him without any fallout. And please, stop comparing this AVN (or any AVN for that matter) to the real life xD
I was just 20 seconds late with the same argument!!! :ROFLMAO:
(And the backup fucked up the quote. Fixed)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
"AMOROUS meaning: having or showing strong feelings of sexual attraction or love." Britannica Dictionary

"1. Inclined or disposed to love, especially sexual love: an amorous disposition. 2. Showing or expressing love: an amorous letter." Dictionary.com

"Inclined or having a propensity to love, or to sexual enjoyment. An amorous disposition. We were both feeling amorous so the inevitable happened." Wiktionary

I present to you... Blurred Line... None of the above definitions mention romance. These definitions only talk about an all encompassing "love" but place a definite emphasis on the "sexual" expression of that "love". Armed with these definitions I could make my case to exile "romance" from the realm of polyamory. Again, I am not trying to promote said banishment. Rather to make the argument for the tedious nature of labels and the debates they invite. I will rest my case here; for fear of making my case by becoming tedious myself. :cool: Thanks for engaging and may I say, "I love, love, love the story." (In a platonic way.):geek:

Reactions: xapican

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
But I recognize a well-done poly game can be a lot of fun (I consider the best game I played, Sisterly Lust, as poly)
To just throw an aside in here, if you haven't yet, you should put Bare Witness Bare Witness into your queue. There's only one chapter left, so if you haven't started it yet, by the time you have time it probably will be finished. It has a poly relationship that many have called very well done (I can't personally give an informed opinion, but I enjoy the story of it immensely).

It's NOT a harem story, although because of the poly group it does have the harem tag, and because not all the girls can be part of the group relationship, there are some very different variants of the story to be played.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
To just throw an aside in here, if you haven't yet, you should put Bare Witness Bare Witness into your queue. There's only one chapter left, so if you haven't started it yet, by the time you have time it probably will be finished. It has a poly relationship that many have called very well done (I can't personally give an informed opinion, but I enjoy the story of it immensely).

It's NOT a harem story, although because of the poly group it does have the harem tag, and because not all the girls can be part of the group relationship, there are some very different variants of the story to be played.
TropecitaGames I did a beginning to current release play through on this over the last couple of weeks - I can wholeheartedly support this recommendation.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
"AMOROUS meaning: having or showing strong feelings of sexual attraction or love." Britannica Dictionary

"1. Inclined or disposed to love, especially sexual love: an amorous disposition. 2. Showing or expressing love: an amorous letter." Dictionary.com

"Inclined or having a propensity to love, or to sexual enjoyment. An amorous disposition. We were both feeling amorous so the inevitable happened." Wiktionary

I present to you... Blurred Line... None of the above definitions mention romance. These definitions only talk about an all encompassing "love" but place a definite emphasis on the "sexual" expression of that "love". Armed with these definitions I could make my case to exile "romance" from the realm of polyamory. Again, I am not trying to promote said banishment. Rather to make the argument for the tedious nature of labels and the debates they invite. I will rest my case here; for fear of making my case by becoming tedious myself. :cool: Thanks for engaging and may I say, "I love, love, love the story." (In a platonic way.):geek:
My last take on the issue. Those definitions talk about sexual love, but not in an exclusive way. Britannica defines love as:
1 a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person
2 attraction that includes sexual desire: the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship
Both definitions include affection, so romance. The second one even includes sexual desire.

Also, every one of the definitions you mentioned can be taken as talking directly about love (there are "or"s and "especially", but not exclusives), so my family would be polyamorous :D

But, you are right, the lines are blurred

It's in my ever-growing list of games to play :D , another player recommended it to me, so I should play it someday.
Right now I don't have time to play AND I'm not in the mood to play. Time is easy to explain, every hour playing a game is an hour less developing My Dorm.
Mood is more of a personal thing. An example: some days ago, someone on another game Discord asked me why I don't do like another dev made in his game and make Saira show up pregnant. I don't do it precisely because My Dorm has been compared to that game, and when I was considering ways to do it (even considering if it was a good idea to do it), someone told me that it was done in that game. If I didn't know, perhaps I could have found a way to do it (or perhaps not). Knowing it has been done previously in another game (and a game My Dorm has been compared to) removed the idea from my head.
Playing other games will be limiting myself to avoid doing things other devs have done before (and perhaps better than what I would do). Besides the yoga session (and that's why it hasn't been repeated) I can honestly say I haven't taken inspiration from any other games, so any good thing is mine, and any bad one is also mine.
I guess when I finish My Dorm, I will play a lot of games since the new game will be in a completely different scenario and it will be difficult to copy or take inspiration from the games on my list.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Remember you should install the patch with every new update
it is installed all the names and calling each other mom and stuff is working however they are still saying things like "im not your mom" and "she's not your sister" honestly not sure what happened went through a couple things of trouble shooting. ive deleted the updatre reinstalled it reinstalled the patch file in it i cant figure out what to do outside of completely start over which i really dont want to do

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I can only give one piece of advice about that. Do what you feel comfortable about, tell the story you want to tell, and don't mind any contingent. It's your story. Feedback is welcome, but don't let other people's tastes derail your vision.
The time conflicts would be an issue right now. The girls are making most of the moves and poor MC is going up and down trying to please every one of them. He made some moves (Samantha, Martha, Maddie in two of her paths) but he is primarily reacting. As you say, what happens if two girls claim him at the same time? It will be somewhat explored in v.0.11B.
As the relationships come out in the open, that issue reduces itself significantly. Do two girls need the MC? Threesome!!!
you know .. true is i really hate NTR only because we ( the MC ) gets left out ... but like you stated here .... write what you want as a writer and story teller ... and basically let the cards fall where they will ....
and truth is i do have 2 ntr games ... but they make it to where the MC is aware of whats happening ... only 2 tho i found i can put up with :LOL:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I've been preparing myself for that approach for a while now. I've seen a lot of the criticism that shows up here and I think I'm prepared to let it flow off. One thing that helps is that I've put some of the worst on ignore, so I'll never hear their entitled "advice."
Nice!
One thing I see is the need to all of them to bond with each other through Mark, especially those who are not biological family. One solution I see when the is (non-sexual) need is that the LIs begin to help each other so as not to stretch Mark too thinly.

BTW, I've now finished binging the story and will be eagerly awaiting the next installment. Well done.
Over the last couple of years, I've been setting aside the stories with creepy protagonists. It's so refreshing to collect more that have solid protagonists and heroes. Thank you.

• Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
it is installed all the names and calling each other mom and stuff is working however they are still saying things like "im not your mom" and "she's not your sister" honestly not sure what happened went through a couple things of trouble shooting. ive deleted the updatre reinstalled it reinstalled the patch file in it i cant figure out what to do outside of completely start over which i really dont want to do
Do you use the official patch file or RiamMar's mod?
If it's the official, try editing patch.rpy in your \game folder (it's a text file) and be sure the line there is this:
$ Incest = True

If it's RiamMar's mod, do the above and also click on the "Family Mode" to disable it and click again to re-enable it.

Let me know if that solution worked, please.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
What do you mean? I haven't found anything about a bad end for Faye.
I've not heard of any "bad end" for Faye Reagan. Her last appearance was apparently in 2022 and she is now considered retired from the business.

I would have sworn about 5 (maybe more) years ago I saw her in something looking very unhealthy and did a Google only to find she'd gotten bad into drugs and then OD'd, but I guess that was someone else.

• Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
you know .. true is i really hate NTR only because we ( the MC ) gets left out ... but like you stated here .... write what you want as a writer and story teller ... and basically let the cards fall where they will ....
and truth is i do have 2 ntr games ... but they make it to where the MC is aware of whats happening ... only 2 tho i found i can put up with :LOL:
I don't like NTR. I don't hate it, but it's not my cup of tea.
I think a storyteller, like Dragon here, needs to write the story that's on his mind and ignore the fallout about that. If he starts to tell himself "I won't write X because collective A will be offended, I'll change Y so collective B likes it, and I will re-write Z so collective C doesn't come to the thread complaining" three things will happen:
The first one is that he won't see his story as accomplishing its full potential because he's writing it with a tied hand on his back.
The second is that, for him, the story will be bland, with the risk of getting bored of writing it.
The third and more important. Collective D will appear complaining about a thing no one thought about someone would complain.

I've been preparing myself for that approach for a while now. I've seen a lot of the criticism that shows up here and I think I'm prepared to let it flow off. One thing that helps is that I've put some of the worst on ignore, so I'll never hear their entitled "advice."
I'm a noob in this world, it's my first game and I'm still learning the ropes of this hobby/job, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
But... take your risks, make the game you would like to play, tell the story you would like to read, and put a lot of passion into it. As I wrote in the answer above, there will be people complaining about any aspect of the game. It can be the poly thing or the height/weight/hair color/hairstyle/sexuality/wardrobe of a character. Remember you write the game so you take the choices, but also remember the moment you publish it, the game is as yours as the players'. But you can't please everyone. Not even Martha has accomplished it :D .

As an example, I will talk about Kate. I knew Kate was going to be a controversial character. She's overweight (and "lesbian") and there are a lot of people who won't like her looks. But I wanted her in the game. I also wanted the players to give her an opportunity because I love her, so before writing her first scene I knew I wanted to give the option to slim her down. I can have done it inversely (a slim girl who gains weight) and save myself some of the fallout I got about her, but that wouldn't be Kate's story.

Nice!
One thing I see is the need to all of them to bond with each other through Mark, especially those who are not biological family. One solution I see when the is (non-sexual) need is that the LIs begin to help each other so as not to stretch Mark too thinly.
The first steps to that have been taken. Maddie will join the DnD game, Megan will start to spend time in the house, Eileen is Erika's co-worker, and Alexia is her customer. When they are accepted into the extended family (some of them don't even need to be in a relationship with the MC, but he is the common point) the family will help them and they will help the family.
One of the saddest parts of the epilogue I wrote was the "rejected Lisa" part. Even if she is rejected by the player, she will try to help the family.

BTW, I've now finished binging the story and will be eagerly awaiting the next installment. Well done.
Over the last couple of years, I've been setting aside the stories with creepy protagonists. It's so refreshing to collect more that have solid protagonists and heroes. Thank you.
Thanks, the next installment is just around the corner.
I like the dumb hero trope, a hero with flaws, although in the next update, the player will have the option of being a bit creepy/perv.

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Nia preview
Today another girl from the last batch of students is here to meet you.
She is Nia (short of Niagara, where she was conceived), a New Yorker with Puerto Rican roots who comes to Newport to start her Business Management studies.
The chair is not her usual outfit. I caught her just before she went into the shower.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Do you use the official patch file or RiamMar's mod?
If it's the official, try editing patch.rpy in your \game folder (it's a text file) and be sure the line there is this:
$ Incest = True

If it's RiamMar's mod, do the above and also click on the "Family Mode" to disable it and click again to re-enable it.

Let me know if that solution worked, please.
using the mod and have unclicked and clicked it again already, went ahead and tried the other official one with your suggestion and it did not work either (yes i did put it in a version of the game that i did not have the mod installed in)

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Nia preview
Today another girl from the last batch of students is here to meet you.
She is Nia (short of Niagara, where she was conceived), a New Yorker with Puerto Rican roots who comes to Newport to start her Business Management studies.
The chair is not her usual outfit. I caught her just before she went into the shower.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
dammmmmm baby O.O :oops:

• Haha
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes