Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The first time I was in Munich (16 years ago) I was surprised to see ladies dressed like that in the street. I always thought it was an Oktoberfest thing. Later I discovered it was like the standard waitress uniform in typical Bavarian restaurants.
I was in Germany for a couple years in the late 80s. I didn't spend a lot of time in local pubs, but the few I did all used similar outfits. These were all near US bases, so at the time I thought it was a tourist-y thing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Mr.Heartbeat

Dec 19, 2020
The first time I was in Munich (16 years ago) I was surprised to see ladies dressed like that in the street. I always thought it was an Oktoberfest thing. Later I discovered it was like the standard waitress uniform in typical Bavarian restaurants.
never went to Germany much less Oktoberfest but kind of knew about it through the game i played.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Oklahoma can be pretty weak, too - thank God I don't live there, either! Been a hospitality exec for a couple of decades, and Utah has always been a rotten LBW market. Of course, one of the top 10 most degenerate drunks I've ever worked with was a Mormon straight from BYU. He could get damned embarrassing at conferences. :ROFLMAO:
I imagine you could assemble quite an impressive collection of mini-bottles from Utah...
(Gotta love the weird-ass liquor laws here </sarcasm>)

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018

German beer range from 2.5% ABV to a whopping 18%. For Oktoberfest (according to Wikipedia) a minimum of 6% is needed to be certified beer for the festival (among other things, like being brewed within Munich city limits). That would mean 1 liter of the weakest beer would have the same alcohol as 5 30ml whisky shots! For a lightweight like Daphne that would mean drunkness!!
It occurs to me that you could brew up some Coffee Porter/Coffee Stout with that 18% beer and some Very Strong Coffee-1350 that would leave someone both very buzzed and wide awake for about 72 hours straight...

1688560656053.png

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
TropecitaGames ; you can go to the Haus der 111 Beers In Munich or Regenburg they have Belgian Monk there as well as Beer from all over the world ;)
Test if that is really that good :ROFLMAO:
I was in Ghent in the house of the 700 beers some years ago. 111 beers sound a bit noobish. :p

It occurs to me that you could brew up some Coffee Porter/Coffee Stout with that 18% beer and some Very Strong Coffee-1350 that would leave someone both very buzzed and wide awake for about 72 hours straight...

View attachment 2746624
That mix can be considered poison in some countries with bad coffee and watery beer. USA I'm not looking at you!!

The age old joke: Why is American beer so much like having sex on a canoe? Answer: Because it's fucking close to water. :p
An Spanish humorist went further and did an entire monologue about the existence of American beer.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

View attachment 2746624
Porter, Stout and coffee: three beautiful words.

Of course, coffee can be problematic in Utah as well. ;) Another BYU guy I worked with (very good friend early in my career) would celebrate the end of a really good day with a root beer: not beer, no caffeine, and only frowned upon by the staunchest within his congregation (and maybe his mom).

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The age old joke: Why is American beer so much like having sex on a canoe? Answer: Because it's fucking close to water. :p
Much of it, yes. I don't drink that stuff. Been fortunate to have some good "micro" breweries grow up in my area that make some pretty nice stuff. Sadly, they almost all have the "IPA" infatuation as well. I've had a couple of decent IPAs, but since it became the "everybody and their brother is using their bong water and old socks to brew one" coming out of the grunge era, they've become really overdone and lacking in decent flavor. Besides, I prefer my beer about the same color as my coffee. ;)

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Much of it, yes. I don't drink that stuff. Been fortunate to have some good "micro" breweries grow up in my area that make some pretty nice stuff. Sadly, they almost all have the "IPA" infatuation as well. I've had a couple of decent IPAs, but since it became the "everybody and their brother is using their bong water and old socks to brew one" coming out of the grunge era, they've become really overdone and lacking in decent flavor. Besides, I prefer my beer about the same color as my coffee. ;)
Personally i'm lager guy mostly when i drink beer, Germans make really good lager and it's easy to buy in Europe. Or perhaps good stout if it's available. Though mostly i prefer gin based drinks.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Tomorrow is going to be a very good day, I can't wait to get my hands on the update, the long awaited return of Saira has me the most excited. :love:

Mr.Heartbeat

Dec 19, 2020
Someone has good fucking taste in coffee. (The standard for good, being MY taste, obviously)

Peace :D
do you have any advice about the coffee? the way i make my coffee every morning with the size of the all you need is one cup of coffee, with 3 spoonful of Nescafe powder and sugar with (if available) 1/4 any kind of milk.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
do you have any advice about the coffee? the way i make my coffee every morning with the size of the all you need is one cup of coffee, with 3 spoonful of Nescafe powder and sugar with (if available) 1/4 any kind of milk.
Mechanical Garage Coffe. I don't know how Fat Giant makes his coffee, I use a french press and 3 soupspoons of Brazil, or Columbian blend.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: keefer43

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Steps on making yourself good coffee. Step 1: Think about making yourself coffee and then instead make some lovely tea for yourself. The End.
Hot tea is for when my sinuses are bothering me - though I'll accept Irish Breakfast if you simply don't have coffee; sweet iced tea is for supper (it's a Texas/Southern thing); strong coffee is for the morning. ;)

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Try Pu'er at some point, it's tea with really nice smoke aroma. Really delicious stuff. Then again, i tend to like tea so much that i drink it without added sweeteners.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes