Jul 8, 2020
On Maddie's routes:
If you don't peep on Martha, you can Romance her
If you peep on Martha she will try to blackmail you. You can:
* Accept her blackmail (Light femdom)
* Turn the blackmail on her (Light maledom)
* Call it a tie (Romance)
Both Dom routes can later be turned into romance, keeping the kinks learned during the dom route.
Long time no see. How is your leg problem? I hope the problem improves a lot.:)
In terms of appearance, I like Maddie the best. Originally, Maddie couldn't join the harem due to the blackmail route. Has that changed now? Does being able to enter the romantic route later mean that she can also join the harem? If this is true, that's good news for me. I hope Maddie is a dominator, a scheming chick. :giggle:
I've been busy the past few days, and I just finished playing v.0.12 today. It's great, and the plot slowly gets into the bigger picture. Now I'm even more curious about Edmund's role in this kidnapping. And I guess MC’s half-sister might be Scarlett (oh my god, MC just took her virginity) I had assumed that the other mother that would be added was Scarlett's mother, but it turns out I was wrong, it's Ellie's mother, Kiara. (Kiara is really a smaller version of Ellie, maybe she should change her hairstyle .) :sneaky:
19 of the 28 LIs have appeared. Apart from the 6 students in the preview, who are the other 3? Will Amanda and Ava join in? The last one has no clue. Will she show up soon?
Looking forward to updates. I wish you all the best. :coffee:

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95 and xapican
Jul 8, 2020
I would explain why this option isn't there. Right now the bush is optional with Samantha. Imagine a lewd scene with Samantha in Act III that will have:
* Samantha shaved and pregnant
* Samantha with bush and pregnant
* Samantha shaved and not pregnant
* Samantha with bush and not pregnant
That means 4 renders for every render a specific player sees on screen. Martha's lewd scene had 1462 animated renders + 207 not animated. Multiply that by 4 and we have 6,676 renders for that scene only (if the bush/no bush were visible in every one of them).

Now add another girl for a threesome with the same options. Multiply the 6,676 by 4 once again. 26,704 renders.

The whole game from v.0.2 until v.0.12 (478 days of development) has 18,849 renders.

The math says it will take me at the same pace 677 days to make only ONE scene. Not one update. One scene.
Maybe there is a solution, that is, they all shave their hair when they are pregnant. This will help keep their private parts fresh and better clean. ;)
The real big job is to make double animations and pictures for 27 LIs, as well as various branch endings. Thinking about that makes me feel a headache for you. o_O

Jul 8, 2020
In the Romance paths she joins automatically.
In the Dom paths there will be a choice down the road for her path to convert into "kink Romance", a romance path that will make her join the harem, but keeping as a fetish the things learned during her Dom paths.
The other option is to keep her only in the Dom paths, and that prevents her joining the harem, but won't break the relationship with her. The difference is that she won't be in threesomes, because the rest of the girls won't accept having sex with her present in the Dom paths (they won't like having someone dominating their man, or their man getting funny ideas about dominating them). She will become an out-of-the-harem relationship.
Great, I can be more free with Maddie's route choices. I think men who are being dominated during sex are doing it more for fun, which does not mean that they will be controlled by their partners in daily life.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95 and xapican

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Long time no see. How is your leg problem? I hope the problem improves a lot.:)
In terms of appearance, I like Maddie the best. Originally, Maddie couldn't join the harem due to the blackmail route. Has that changed now? Does being able to enter the romantic route later mean that she can also join the harem? If this is true, that's good news for me. I hope Maddie is a dominator, a scheming chick. :giggle:
I've been busy the past few days, and I just finished playing v.0.12 today. It's great, and the plot slowly gets into the bigger picture. Now I'm even more curious about Edmund's role in this kidnapping. And I guess MC’s half-sister might be Scarlett (oh my god, MC just took her virginity) I had assumed that the other mother that would be added was Scarlett's mother, but it turns out I was wrong, it's Ellie's mother, Kiara. (Kiara is really a smaller version of Ellie, maybe she should change her hairstyle .) :sneaky:
19 of the 28 LIs have appeared. Apart from the 6 students in the preview, who are the other 3? Will Amanda and Ava join in? The last one has no clue. Will she show up soon?
Looking forward to updates. I wish you all the best. :coffee:
My leg is improving slower than the docs predicted, but it's improving. I'll work from home for some more weeks, so that means I save commuting time and can spend more time developing. I hope to get the update ready next week. It will be a great birthday gift for me.

I loved Maddie's model the moment I saw her at the Daz store. Having an Asian with those eyes? She had to become a LI! Originally the Dom routes "May prevent" her from joining the harem. That's because there is a later choice to keep the domination (preventing her from joining) or change it into the "kinky romance" (she will join). What Maddie is in the "kinky romance" path will depend on what path she arrives there from.

Edmund's role in the bigger picture will be revealed down the road. I have some petitions from players for him to end up in a shark's stomach, although tempting, I have another ending thought for him. The clues about the half-sister point at Scarlett, and precisely that's why the pseudo-reveal is just after her date, to get your "oh my god" sentence. :eek:
The same with the previous Dad call after Martha's date when he reveals that he didn't cheat on Martha with his supposed lover. He cheated on her 19 years ago (patched game) or never (unpatched), but not now.

You will notice when Kiara and Eileen are in the same shot (and in better light) that their hairstyles are very different, and so are their faces. Kiara's age shows up on her face. I tweaked her a lot to make her feel like a 46 y.o. woman, and I'm happy with the result. She will be a central part of the next update.

About the 22 LIs (yes, 22) already introduced:
"Family" (10): Martha, Emma, Norah, Daphne, Erika, Meemaw, Aunt Betty, Amanda, Eva, and Scarlett(?).
Students (5): Kim, Kate, Debbie, Lisa, and Saira.
Girls of Newport (7): Samantha, Simone, Kiara, Eileen, Maddie, Megan, Alexia.

Only the students who will join in Act III remain.

Maybe there is a solution, that is, they all shave their hair when they are pregnant. This will help keep their private parts fresh and better clean. ;)
The real big job is to make double animations and pictures for 27 LIs, as well as various branch endings. Thinking about that makes me feel a headache for you. o_O
That has the same chance to happen as everyone growing a Yeti. They will pass most of the winter pregnant, so they will be warm. :ROFLMAO:

Great, I can be more free with Maddie's route choices. I think men who are being dominated during sex are doing it more for fun, which does not mean that they will be controlled by their partners in daily life.
The problem here is that neither Maddie nor the MC have started the Dom paths willingly (when they are in the Sub role) and they don't have a clue about how domination works. Right now Maddie would be a controlling bitch if given the chance and if the MC doesn't stop her. The MC will be more lenient in the Dom role, he has his hands full and is discovering he likes the kink, but has no interest in controlling Maddie's life. He almost has no control over his own life, poor guy.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I have to say, if only all Dev's were as open and as informative about their stories as you are.

It is refreshing to simply relax, stop building sand castles, and just relax and enjoy the sunshine. Because you "Got This!" and you are not in a "Hold My Beer!" mode.

Simply awesome.

Peace :D
I understand the mystery some devs shroud their games in.
Imagine if, after the conversation with Scarlett in the park, when all the theories about who her father was were popping out (the deceased uncle was the favorite then), I disclosed it in the open. The call scene wouldn't have the same effect. Mystery can be good in some cases.

But I think about it (in the half-sister case, or in other ones) from another perspective: If I had shown clues that, for me, are enough to arrive at a conclusion, and the players haven't arrived at it, I misexplained the clues. During betatesting of the call, 2 out of 3 betatesters guessed it right the clues pointed at Scarlett. The 3rd thought about a new LI to be introduced later. But they have known me for longer than you guys (and they haven't committed suicide yet) so it's easier for them to guess my shenanigans.

The "hold my beer" moments exist :ROFLMAO:
I have had some of them, you guys provide so many great ideas that it's easy to let you be carried by them. Megan and Maddie as full LIs is one of those ideas.
Some others had to be discarded. The idea was great, but would derail the story.
Also, I'm a diabetic, my number of beers is limited :ROFLMAO:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Imagine if, after the conversation with Scarlett in the park, when all the theories about who her father was were popping out (the deceased uncle was the favorite then), I disclosed it in the open. The call scene wouldn't have the same effect. Mystery can be good in some cases.
While mystery can be good, some devs go way too far about it. I've seen way too many devs go the route of not even telling about the future tags, since they think that will be good way to be mysterious. It's not, it will only drive people away, since they've experienced way too many times good start of the story pulls surprise NTR or something like that and they hate NTR. Good dev/writer can give those future tags and still be mysterious about their game.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

But I think about it (in the half-sister case, or in other ones) from another perspective: If I had shown clues that, for me, are enough to arrive at a conclusion, and the players haven't arrived at it, I misexplained the clues. During betatesting of the call, 2 out of 3 betatesters guessed it right the clues pointed at Scarlett. The 3rd thought about a new LI to be introduced later. But they have known me for longer than you guys (and they haven't committed suicide yet) so it's easier for them to guess my shenanigans.

The "hold my beer" moments exist :ROFLMAO:
I have had some of them, you guys provide so many great ideas that it's easy to let you be carried by them. Megan and Maddie as full LIs is one of those ideas.
Some others had to be discarded. The idea was great, but would derail the story.
Also, I'm a diabetic, my number of beers is limited :ROFLMAO:
But, that's the thing... exactly.

You are open, you explain your reasons, even when you need to keep something hidden. I never felt spoilered. Much to the contrary, I felt enticed, teased. But never felt ignored.

This process of building an AVN, while similar to writing, or coding, it is neither. Let me try to explain.

When you are writing, you don't have a permanent dialogue with your public. You write in isolation, maybe, sometimes you have one family member to trade ideas with, or a publisher. I know, from personal experience, that that isolation, while needed, may very well kill the project.

Coding isn't much different, except that you need to periodically break isolation to "test", but never, oh the horror, in production. So, limited exposure to Public.

Here, on this AVN building world, it's a mixed bag, you create in isolation, yes, but always "test" in production. Yes, there's probably beta testers and the such, but, each release is a test in production.

And, that is the kicker. While most Dev's act like "The Author" on their Ivory towers guarded by the Elephant men. You set up shop on the market. Yes, you still retire to your Dungeon (hopefully filled with fillies) to create, you always come back out to the market to have a chat with the passersby.

This isn't common. You may look around that market, you may very well be the only one.

And always (almost always) with a smile and looking like you are having the time of your life. Thank you.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
While mystery can be good, some devs go way too far about it. I've seen way too many devs go the route of not even telling about the future tags, since they think that will be good way to be mysterious. It's not, it will only drive people away, since they've experienced way too many times good start of the story pulls surprise NTR or something like that and they hate NTR. Good dev/writer can give those future tags and still be mysterious about their game.
On this, I should agree with you. Having hidden tags that pop up by surprise (NTR, Sharing, and futa come to mind as some of the most used) it's bad politics/planning on the dev part. Or even the patron who threats to remove their subscription (or offers an insane amount of money) to get the content they want.
On this, I want to remind any interested player about the unshameful commercial I published... shit, almost a year ago. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't know ALL the tags that would be in the game when I started, but I knew which tags NEVER were going to make it into the game. The "Tags that won't ever appear" section in the OP hasn't changed since the first release and won't change ever (besides adding some other tag that wasn't there nor in the planned tags if needed).

I think players should have a rough idea of where they are getting into. I don't want to start a game tagged as "fantasy" and see a WWII vintage tank, for example.

But, that's the thing... exactly.

You are open, you explain your reasons, even when you need to keep something hidden. I never felt spoilered. Much to the contrary, I felt enticed, teased. But never felt ignored.

This process of building an AVN, while similar to writing, or coding, it is neither. Let me try to explain.

When you are writing, you don't have a permanent dialogue with your public. You write in isolation, maybe, sometimes you have one family member to trade ideas with, or a publisher. I know, from personal experience, that that isolation, while needed, may very well kill the project.

Coding isn't much different, except that you need to periodically break isolation to "test", but never, oh the horror, in production. So, limited exposure to Public.

Here, on this AVN building world, it's a mixed bag, you create in isolation, yes, but always "test" in production. Yes, there's probably beta testers and the such, but, each release is a test in production.

And, that is the kicker. While most Dev's act like "The Author" on their Ivory towers guarded by the Elephant men. You set up shop on the market. Yes, you still retire to your Dungeon (hopefully filled with fillies) to create, you always come back out to the market to have a chat with the passersby.

This isn't common. You may look around that market, you may very well be the only one.

And always (almost always) with a smile and looking like you are having the time of your life. Thank you.

You know I enjoy every interaction with you, the players. And you know I don't consider My Dorm "my game". It's "our game". You know I said it several times, but you are as important to the development as I am. A game without players is not a game, it's a wanking project for the dev. So if I ever dare to ignore any player (besides shameful mistakes and overlooks on my part) it means I am not in front of the computer.

The Ivory Towers are great and beautiful, but they are cold. I've worked with people (and for people) all my professional background, so I like to chat with... not the passerby... with other integral parts of this journey, with the parts that I write this for, with the ones who will decide down the road if the game is good or bad (in the creator's mind it's always great), with the people who can make this thread funny or decide it's a thread where a madman (the dev) cries his rants alone.

You know I like to illustrate things with absurd examples, here goes another one:
Everyone knows about Admiral Horatio Nelson. That would be the dev.
A lot of people know his ship was the HMS Victory. That would be My Dorm.
200 years after the Battle of Trafalgar, very few people know the name of the crew of the HMS Victory but, in reality, they were who made the ship great and allowed Nelson to develop his potential in that battle. Their ideas, their advice, and their experience are what made that ship seaworthy. Nelson alone couldn't make the ship sail. And I don't need to say the players' role and the crew's role is very similar in a lot of aspects.

The only thing bad about that example (besides its existence) it's that Nelson died in the Victory, and I don't have any intention of doing it. I'd rather command another ship after My Dorm. Redhead Paradise is waiting!

And yes, I'm having the time of my life while chatting here. I laughed hard with all of you :ROFLMAO:. I felt encouraged and valued by most of you :giggle:. I got angry and felt attacked in some comments :confused:. I became sad or felt like an imposter with a tiny part of the posts :cry:. But not even the Jamón Ibérico can please everyone, so I'm happy pleasing the ones I can :cool:.

Another wall of text courtesy of Tropecita Games! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mr.Heartbeat

Dec 19, 2020
On this, I should agree with you. Having hidden tags that pop up by surprise (NTR, Sharing, and futa come to mind as some of the most used) it's bad politics/planning on the dev part. Or even the patron who threats to remove their subscription (or offers an insane amount of money) to get the content they want.
On this, I want to remind any interested player about the unshameful commercial I published... shit, almost a year ago. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't know ALL the tags that would be in the game when I started, but I knew which tags NEVER were going to make it into the game. The "Tags that won't ever appear" section in the OP hasn't changed since the first release and won't change ever (besides adding some other tag that wasn't there nor in the planned tags if needed).
Huh, i wonder who the dev is putting 'surprise' tag.

Also i am curious about Tags that won't ever appear in op section, what do you think about the tag/content itself if the dev put it in?

For me however:

1) MMF: is not really my thing unless it was otome like game, to put it simply a VN that was heavily develop for female players.

2) Sharing: I am not feeling it and i prefer to be selfish.

3.1) NTR(Netorare) : as simple as i don't like people stealing from me.
3.2) NTR(Netori) : as simple as i don't like stealing from people (unless it was deserving scumbag).

4) Scat : If it is heavily focus on that then its a hard no from me.

5) Rape : I think im pretty much neutral on this.

6) Bestiality : Also neutral on this.

7) Futa/Trans : pretty much okay as long as the dev can differentiate between Futa and Shemale.

Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Huh, i wonder who the dev is putting 'surprise' tag.

Also i am curious about Tags that won't ever appear in op section, what do you think about the tag/content itself if the dev put it in?

For me however:

1) MMF: is not really my thing unless it was otome like game, to put it simply a VN that was heavily develop for female players.

2) Sharing: I am not feeling it and i prefer to be selfish.

3.1) NTR(Netorare) : as simple as i don't like people stealing from me.
3.2) NTR(Netori) : as simple as i don't like stealing from people (unless it was deserving scumbag).

4) Scat : If it is heavily focus on that then its a hard no from me.

5) Rape : I think im pretty much neutral on this.

6) Bestiality : Also neutral on this.

7) Futa/Trans : pretty much okay as long as the dev can differentiate between Futa and Shemale.
1.- It's there because there won't be any other male touching our girls. I'm too selfish to have more than one M in any scene.
2.- Same as above.
3.1.- Same as above
3.2.- It's not in the "Won't ever appear". Technically we Netoried Dad and can Netori Solomon and/or Anthony.
4.- Hard pass for me.
5.- Hard pass for My Dorm's MC.
6.- No interest in it.
7.- No interest in sexual scenes involving more than a dick. So not Futa/Trans kink tag.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Oh sure, you might not know for certain all of the tags that will be in the finished product. But in case someone asks about them, worst answer dev could give is to say that they should stick around and find out, like some of these devs did, when asked directly about tags like NTR. You should have plans for the most controversial tags at minimum, it just reduces the headache for all parties.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Oh sure, you might not know for certain all of the tags that will be in the finished product. But in case someone asks about them, worst answer dev could give is to say that they should stick around and find out, like some of these devs did, when asked directly about tags like NTR. You should have plans for the most controversial tags at minimum, it just reduces the headache for all parties.
Totally agree. I didn't know if there was going to be femdom (Maddie was a side girl in the initial idea), but I KNEW the game wouldn't have NTR (and the other 6 tags listed). The most sensible tags should be there from the start.

Reactions: Horny Toad
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes