Sep 5, 2020
Hmm another, father is out of the picture and returns from college. It makes me wonder if these developers went to college. Just because you go to college that you alienate yourself from your family or friends.

I feel that the scenario is like the template for beginners. What should I write my game about.... no ideas. How about we just use the father is gone or dead and returns from college story that is is in almost every other adult vn.

At least with Being A Dik, the father is alive and actually comes to visit him.
I suspect it's unresolved oedipal impulses.

Reactions: tsap

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I suspect it's unresolved oedipal impulses.
I suspect some developers don't want to have a figure at home (in an incest harem no-NTR game) that the self-proclaimed 'NTR inquisition' can cry wolf about. The easiest way is to take him out of the picture temporal or definitively.

The same is applicable to LI's boyfriends, you want them out of the picture as soon as possible if your MC is a nice guy, because if MC fucks that LI while she has a boyfriend, the 'slut gang' will appear to say the girl is ruined because she's a slut. They will say that if she cheated on her boyfriend, she can also cheat on MC. Especially if the boyfriend is a good guy.

I can continue...

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I suspect some developers don't want to have a figure at home (in an incest harem no-NTR game) that the self-proclaimed 'NTR inquisition' can cry wolf about. The easiest way is to take him out of the picture temporal or definitively.

The same is applicable to LI's boyfriends, you want them out of the picture as soon as possible if your MC is a nice guy, because if MC fucks that LI while she has a boyfriend, the 'slut gang' will appear to say the girl is ruined because she's a slut. They will say that if she cheated on her boyfriend, she can also cheat on MC. Especially if the boyfriend is a good guy.

I can continue...
True words!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Actually, i was kind of disappointed that Jack's cheating was discovered so quickly. Having Erika start with a boyfriend and not giving us a netori route with her felt like a missed opportunity to me. I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but it wouldn't make me view her as a slut because she clearly had a crush on the MC for a long time.

• Angry
Reactions: EJW and Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Actually, i was kind of disappointed that Jack's cheating was discovered so quickly. Having Erika start with a boyfriend and not giving us a netori route with her felt like a missed opportunity to me. I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but it wouldn't make me view her as a slut because she clearly had a crush on the MC for a long time.
You know she clearly had a crush on the MC for a long time. I know it. Almost everyone knows it.
But you know a couple of days ago I ranted about a review. One of the reasons was what he was saying about Erika
2- Erika (Black bikini, far right): MC's sister (if I.Patch enabled). First problem: She has a boyfriend.
Second problem: She only ends their relationship after MC proves that he is cheating on her... this implies that if he was a good guy she would not and we can safely stretch and say MC is the second option. Third problem: For me, it was clear that she wanted to lose her virgnity with BF but was insecure. Her having a BF only works if she decided by herself end their relationship because she likes MC better and wants to pursue a relationship with him. But the way it is, a NO for me.

There will always be players who cry wolf about the things they don't like, or misunderstand things in a way they can whine about everything, so better leave boyfriends outside (or in jail with an affectionate companion).
There will be another LI's boyfriend in the game, as he is planned from the start and reviews like that one won't change the original plan, but he's there to break another classical trope, so no netori for him either.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
You know she clearly had a crush on the MC for a long time. I know it. Almost everyone knows it.
But you know a couple of days ago I ranted about a review. One of the reasons was what he was saying about Erika
2- Erika (Black bikini, far right): MC's sister (if I.Patch enabled). First problem: She has a boyfriend.
Second problem: She only ends their relationship after MC proves that he is cheating on her... this implies that if he was a good guy she would not and we can safely stretch and say MC is the second option. Third problem: For me, it was clear that she wanted to lose her virgnity with BF but was insecure. Her having a BF only works if she decided by herself end their relationship because she likes MC better and wants to pursue a relationship with him. But the way it is, a NO for me.

There will always be players who cry wolf about the things they don't like, or misunderstand things in a way they can whine about everything, so better leave boyfriends outside (or in jail with an affectionate companion).
There will be another LI's boyfriend in the game, as he is planned from the start and reviews like that one won't change the original plan, but he's there to break another classical trope, so no netori for him either.
You cannot satisfy everyone, so let 'em cry a river.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
We have more and more ''drama'' in this game. Especially this update had a lot of ''drama''. This game is a harem game, but every now and then, almost every woman is angry with the MC because she sees him with another woman.

This is starting to get a little annoying and worrying. :confused:

Besides.. I fell in love with the chocolate family.:love: Hot milf and her cute daughter...

I also like Scarlett, cutie! But I have a feeling that I will not like her mother. Seems like she changes guys.. often.
And I don't like her for not believing Scarlett, when Scarlett confessed her to what that asshole did.

Reactions: Trope95 and EJW

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
We have more and more ''drama'' in this game. Especially this update had a lot of ''drama''. This game is a harem game, but every now and then, almost every woman is angry with the MC because she sees him with another woman.

Besides.. I fell in love with the chocolate family.:love: Hot milf and her cute daughter...

I also like Scarlett, cutie! But I have a feeling that I will not like her mother. Seems like she changes guys.. often.
And I don't like her for not believing Scarlett, when Scarlett confessed her to what that asshole did.
I agree that a lot of devs go too far on drama sometimes. A lot of people play these games to have fun, lot of drama is not fun. This dev though set the game up where the harem is not the typical one where all the girls are happy to share. Otherwise more realistic. I think the girls will accept the harem thing near the end and the only because they have to. This dev is doing a great job and trying to stay on his path while trying to please a lot of players.

JJL52

Aug 18, 2022
Just played up to the end of the current content. Fantastic designs on all the characters so far, so many varied and beautiful women.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Going down the harem route with all the girls and in a reflection on how well you've characterised all the women (or myself) whenever I've gotten spotted getting intimate with one by another, I've felt so bad. Even though I have a feeling things are going to work out ok in the long term.

Looking forward to future content :D

anime_junkie

Jun 18, 2017
sorry TropecitaGames i couldn't tell you how many hours i put in to get through the current content

it took a while though if i eventually play from the start again which i usually do i will try to keep track of my time played

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

There's a bit of logic in having a certain amount of drama in a circumstance like the one the girls are experiencing. For all of the (youngest) girls, MC is their first love, and in that 'family' they talk too much, but not about the important things, and they took a lot of things for granted. The clearest example is Erika, who thinks that because she kissed MC, he's her boyfriend. Martha puts a little sense on that head and takes the anger down a couple of notches. More on that on 0.6.

Samantha and Simone will be an important part of the 'family', so they are there to stay.

Scarlett's mother hasn't changed guys a lot. She 'was' with Scarlett's father, then married her adoptive father, and now she's with Kevin. Three guys in the last 19 years. She has been a faithful wife to her husband. But don't worry, she's not a LI. She doesn't believe Scarlett because Kevin is a good actor with two different faces. It's the typical neighbor that surprises everyone when he's on the news for doing something really bad.

I agree that a lot of devs go too far on drama sometimes. A lot of people play these games to have fun, lot of drama is not fun. This dev though set the game up where the harem is not the typical one where all the girls are happy to share. Otherwise more realistic. I think the girls will accept the harem thing near the end and the only because they have to. This dev is doing a great job and trying to stay on his path while trying to please a lot of players.
Right now only Eileen, Norah, and Emma (reluctantly) have accepted the harem, although for them is an open relationship on MC's part.
With Samantha, the topic hasn't arisen. Simone is thinking about it, Erika and Daphne have discovered a part of it (they don't know about the rest of them), and Scarlett is in a cloud of happiness right now and doesn't imagine the idea of MC being with other girls.
Every one of them has their plans, some will be more surprising than others. Emma's plan clearly revolves around using the 'bull in a china shop' tactic. Some of them are more clever or subtle. The only one without a plan is MC.
The trick here for MC is creating mini-harems and then merging them. For example, if he convinces Erika to accept Norah and Eileen (if accepted Eileen at the first chance, so Erika hears them in the bathroom), it will be easier for her to accept other girls. The big harem will be established before the students of the second batch arrive.

I'd say that more than trying to please the players, I try to not anger them :cool:. I stay true to my word about everything I said, here and on other sites, because the first quarter (approximately) of the game was designed when I published the first release, so I have a clear line to follow. Obviously, being new in this world, both as a player and as a dev, I have a lot to learn and I tweaked some minor things here and there, but nothing major that changes the story.

Just played up to the end of the current content. Fantastic designs on all the characters so far, so many varied and beautiful women.

Going down the harem route with all the girls and in a reflection on how well you've characterised all the women (or myself) whenever I've gotten spotted getting intimate with one by another, I've felt so bad. Even though I have a feeling things are going to work out ok in the long term.

Thanks for playing My Dorm and for your words.
It's a harem game, so things will have a happy ending (I promised no bad endings, so it can only be a happy, happier, or happiest ending) once all things got worked out (and talked about).

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
sorry TropecitaGames i couldn't tell you how many hours i put in to get through the current content

it took a while though if i eventually play from the start again which i usually do i will try to keep track of my time played
Don't worry. I was asking out of curiosity. I use Grammarly to check the most egregious errors after the translation and first proofread, and it says the updates range around 2-4 hours to read in English (Grammarly doesn't work in Spanish), but it's with all the branching and the incest/non-incest differences, so the players don't read the 101.820 words. I was curious to know how much time it takes to read a playthrough.

Thanks for answering ;)

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

I really hope we don't get BARS(Become a Rock Star) or Project Atmosphere shooting scene.

XChaosX

Sep 29, 2018
The game will feature 28-29 women, as of 0.5 only 15 have appeared. Two of them are hardcoded to not be part of the harem.
Regarding your current decision of excluding those two from the harem, please reconsider and have those two join the harem, TropecitaGames . I highly prefer 100% completion in my harems.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I really hope we don't get BARS(Become a Rock Star) or Project Atmosphere shooting scene.
I haven't played those games, so I don't know what you mean, sorry

Regarding your current decision of excluding those two from the harem, please reconsider and have those two join the harem, TropecitaGames . I highly prefer 100% completion in my harems.
Those two, Megan and Sophie, won't fit in the harem for different reasons. They were designed as side-chicks from the start, as was Maddie. With Maddie, I found a reason to make her join under some circumstances.
I could find a reason for Megan to join if I change her a bit, as the main reason in her design to not join was that she doesn't live in Newport and won't move. Someone pointed out that not all the women in a harem necessarily should live with MC. I had a wrong concept about this.
But Sophie is very difficult to justify personality-wise. Who wants a gossiper in an incest-included harem?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: EJW

XChaosX

Sep 29, 2018
Those two, Megan and Sophie, won't fit in the harem for different reasons. They were designed as side-chicks from the start, as was Maddie. With Maddie, I found a reason to make her join under some circumstances.
I could find a reason for Megan to join if I change her a bit, as the main reason in her design to not join was that she doesn't live in Newport and won't move. Someone pointed out that not all the women in a harem necessarily should live with MC. I had a wrong concept about this.
But Sophie is very difficult to justify personality-wise. Who wants a gossiper in an incest-included harem?
Note that I haven't gotten to the part of the story with those two yet, so I can't comment too much in-depth on them. However, personally I should note that the problem with the idea of designing women as side-girls from the start is: What if, it turns out that your audience ends up liking a girl far more, proportionally, than your initial classification of the girl's status suggests? I know that snakeplisskin said that he really liked Megan, for example, and wanted her in the harem.
With Sophie, I can see how that would be difficult to justify without significant character development, but the question is who deserves how much amount of character development? I see heroines all as "potential main girls" rather than "this woman is a main girl" and "this woman is a side girl", and to dynamically adjust allocation of amount of character development/screentime/effort put into the character's story and scenes based on audience reaction.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
I haven't played those games, so I don't know what you mean, sorry

Glad to know that Maddie will be part of it. Megan would be great too (got to fuck them all).
Since I'm playing the non-related version, Sophie could fit in, and I assume she won't cause trouble if she wants to be with the MC.
Also, I can't remember if there was any mention of Saira in the messages that I've read, but I would love to have her come back to join the MC.
Just wishful thinking. And the more variety the better.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Note that I haven't gotten to the part of the story with those two yet, so I can't comment too much in-depth on them. However, personally I should note that the problem with the idea of designing women as side-girls from the start is: What if, it turns out that your audience ends up liking a girl far more, proportionally, than your initial classification of the girl's status suggests? I know that snakeplisskin said that he really liked Megan, for example, and wanted her in the harem.
With Sophie, I can see how that would be difficult to justify without significant character development, but the question is who deserves how much amount of character development? I see heroines all as "potential main girls" rather than "this woman is a main girl" and "this woman is a side girl", and to dynamically adjust allocation of amount of character development/screentime/effort put into the character's story and scenes based on audience reaction.
They only appeared once, so not much content with them except for introducing the girls.
I understand what you mean, designing them (Sophie, Maddie, and Megan) as side-girls is something that I won't do if I ever write another game. Their function was to provide 'fun content' while the relationship with the 'main' girls developed, and they ended as a side note.

With Maddie, I changed my mind and she will appear in 0.6 to start her path(s), as nothing is written in stone until published.

Megan will return in 0.7 or 0.8 (0.7 concept is growing a lot bigger than I thought) and Sophie an update after that. So perhaps I can find a reason to include them in the harem, but I can't promise anything. Obviously, it isn't necessary for me to decide about it before their next appearances, as I can begin that path as planned originally and decide before the planned break up.

Megan is getting a lot more love than I thought she will, here and on other sites. As I said, nothing is written in stone.

Glad to know that Maddie will be part of it. Megan would be great too (got to fuck them all).
Since I'm playing the non-related version, Sophie could fit in, and I assume she won't cause trouble if she wants to be with the MC.
Also, I can't remember if there was any mention of Saira in the messages that I've read, but I would love to have her come back to join the MC.
Just wishful thinking. And the more variety the better.
Maddie CAN be a part of the harem. She has three paths: FemDom, MaleDom, and Romance if you peeped on Martha. Only romance if you didn't. Only the Romance path assures her in the harem. The other two don't bar her from entering the harem, but there should be some other coincidences.

About Saira, there are a couple of messages some time ago, but to recap:
* She's on the main menu image!
* Her last lines were
1663913701444.png
* There's a student in the first batch that will arrive later than the other four.
* That student paid for a double room for herself and asked for it to be painted yellow.
* But, in the main menu image, they seem friendly, so that relationship should develop

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021

I can continue...
Scarlett's mother hasn't changed guys a lot. She 'was' with Scarlett's father, then married her adoptive father, and now she's with Kevin. Three guys in the last 19 years. She has been a faithful wife to her husband. But don't worry, she's not a LI. She doesn't believe Scarlett because Kevin is a good actor with two different faces. It's the typical neighbor that surprises everyone when he's on the news for doing something really bad.
I was wondering if you could change your stance about Scarlett's mom. Once she finds out the truth about kevin, she'll be devastated, and perhaps she's not seeing his true self because she fears being alone. Let MC's love heal her.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes