acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Every game has its issues. My Dorm is far from perfect, but I work every day to make it better. Sometimes I manage to improve and sometimes don't, but there are a lot of great games out there!

Yes, Nanowrimo's goal is 50k words, I just checked, so no winning it with a My Dorm update :D
If I had to write a 50k word update in 30 days, and I had someone who rendered it, I guess it would be "easy". In the first week and a half of development for v.0.16, I wrote 19,065 words, and then stopped writing for almost 3 weeks while I rendered the 3,307 renders needed to get those 4 scenes to life. Last week I wrote ~10,500 words because I stopped rendering. And translated the first 19,000 words.
Being passionate about what you do, having most of the story already thought, and wanting to provide a quality game are powerful driving forces.
To be honest, forcing yourself to write 50k word novel within 30 days is a noble, yet a bit crazy goal, in my opinion. That's somewhat half a number of words for a book. I can't say for other people, but I know wouldn't be able to write half a book within such time. At least not without sacrificing the general quality of it, like world building, characters, dialogues, without retouching and rewritting some of those for the sake of cohesion. I am more of a "quality over quantity" man. Sometimes even nitpicking too much, if I'm being honest.

Still, if you could turn those renders into words My Dorm update would surley fit into that 50k word goal. On the other hand, how could you tell how much one render is worth words? One could be taken right of the bat within few minutes, while the other could take an hour to set up and then another one hour to fix it, because you noticed at the end something is wrong.

My wife stopped fattening me when I arrived at 100 kg (220 pounds). Too much for a 1,70 m (5'7") guy. Since then I lost ~15 kg. Now I'm fat, but once again is easier to walk around me than to jump over me.
Oh, wow, you're so smol. I could easily walk over you. :D
I am 191 cm tall, having 120 kilos of... muscles. Yes, my beerbelly is a muscle too! I can't be convinced otherwise!

COVID lockdown messed with my sleeping cycles and I haven't recovered from it. I sleep 4-5 hours daily + a 40-minute siesta 5 days a week. Making use of those extra wake hours to develop is a good way to not waste them.
I sacrificed family time in the first stages of development. A lot of family time. It didn't go well. I (logically) only managed to get an angry wife. So we negotiated. Now, family time is longer than a year ago and everyone is happier.
Me too. Luckly Covid didn't fuck my sleeping schedule. I fucked it up myself by working two shift each day every day, sleeping but only few hours and having a nap here and there if my job allowed me to take one.
Human body is an amazing machine, capable of adapting to many circumstances. Yet I would be glad if mine could get back as it was eariler.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
30 years ago, after getting out of a nightmarish marriage and having started a new relationship, that took off like prairie fire (from first date to living together in 3 months) I decided to make another BIG change in my life and stop smoking.
I quit on the day of my 30th birthday after several weeks of mental conditioning. I had a work obligated medical examination that same day. I was weighted at 65 kg. I am 1,90m tall, so yeah I was too under weight.

Well, new girlfriend food, extreme appetite from the lack of nicotine, and my ADHD that simply entered in overcompensation, I started to fatten up. I was weighted again one year later at 130kg. This continued until I reached my max weight of 156 kg. By then I had busted my knees, my back, my gold bladder and couldn't climb the stairs to my 2nd floor apartment without a large pause in the middle.

After 5 years I restarted smoking. My weight slowly came back down until at 40 I was back to 70kg. Then, unfortunately I had a major burnout and a stupid doctor put me on an high dose of lithium (completely pointless and unrecommended) My body reacted by doing water retention and after a bit I was in the 120kg again... I've been fighting HARD to get it down from there, but, no luck so far.

BTW, smoking shot my lungs to hell... I'm on the verge of needing a O2 tank... so... don't.

Peace :(

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
it took me about 8 years to quit, even then there were time where i'd lose to the urge and light up.
eventually it got to the point it was so far in between that taste buds were healed and that first drag is just so disgusting i'd throw it down and that was it.

I added up how much I spent in total on cigs once. i've spent less on cars, nice ones...

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
it took me about 8 years to quit, even then there were time where i'd lose to the urge and light up.
eventually it got to the point it was so far in between that taste buds were healed and that first drag is just so disgusting i'd throw it down and that was it.

I added up how much I spent in total on cigs once. i've spent less on cars, nice ones...
My whole family was smoking. Even our dog and cat were doing cigs, by just eating the ones dropped on the floor if they managed to get to them faster than someone picking it up. In school I was offered few times by friends. I was both curious and wanted to be the "cool kid", so I took one. Tasted like shit, made me feel weird. Never tried it a second time. So, I am lucky not smoking? Nope. Everyone around me was smoking and was giving no fucks about little me. Day after day breathing smoke instead of air destroyed my lungs so much I could breathe better without them.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
My whole family was smoking. Even our dog and cat were doing cigs, by just eating the ones dropped on the floor if they managed to get to them faster than someone picking it up. In school I was offered few times by friends. I was both curious and wanted to be the "cool kid", so I took one. Tasted like shit, made me feel weird. Never tried it a second time. So, I am lucky not smoking? Nope. Everyone around me was smoking and was giving no fucks about little me. Day after day breathing smoke instead of air destroyed my lungs so much I could breathe better without them.
Same. Everyone smoked around me. I was sent on tobacco runs (no one batted an eye to a 10 year old buying 6 or 7 packs of cigs).

The ashtrays at home were gigantic, my dad smoked 2 packs a day, my step-mother's brother 4 packs, my Step-mother 2 sometimes 3 packs a day. Then I went to live with my mother, she smoked 2 packs a day, my step-father 4 packs, my grand-father 2 packs...

Is it a surprise that I started smoking at 15? My surprise is that I didn't start earlier. The 70's were a truly crazy time for me, so many firsts... some good, some awesome, (first kiss, first GF, first sex), some horrible (Being a war refugee, being destitute, first heartbrake), some stupid (first smoke). But, hey, I wouldn't go back. There are moments in one's life that we'd prefer to never have lived, much less repeat.

Peace :(

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
Only one writer/renderer. And it's the same person. :ROFLMAO:

About the writing, I learned about NaNoWriMo some months ago, when a player told me about it and that his story there ended up being the seed for an AVN he is doing.
It's easier to continue a story you know where it is going, with characters that you know how they think and talk, than starting something from zero. The dialogues almost write themselves (no AI here) because the scenes and the characters call for some things to be said. Most of the time, I need to stop the MC from saying a long speech. Or Emma to go on a rant, or Martha to become too emotional.
I always have been a fast writer, with an average of ~650 words/day during the whole My Dorm development. The highest average with normal development (0.3 and 0.4.5 don't count) was 0.7A (835 words/day) and the lowest was 0.10A (335 words/day). Right now, 0.16 is at 843 words/day, but that number will decrease; I won't write more but some days will be spent in wrapping the update. It would be the fifth (normal) update with over 700 words/day if I publish it next Monday.
650 wpm on story, now how much for writing messages on here and replying to everyone on here (plus all the private messages)?

I hope it's at least on a computer and not a phone.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just asking to get a general idea of the game.
Is this game about catching them all as Pokémon and living in the same house WVM style?
Obviously with fewer ducks in the house and I guess more normal length days :unsure:?

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just asking to get a general idea of the game.
Is this game about catching them all as Pokémon and living in the same house WVM style?
Obviously with fewer ducks in the house and I guess more normal length days :unsure:?
Pretty much, although I'm pretty sure I remember trop saying not all members of the harem will actually live in the same house with you. Most of the LI's will, but there will be a few exceptions. Maddie (chick you meet who works at a clothing store), being a good example of one of those exceptions. I could just be misremembering though, maybe I hallucinated him saying that?

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
Pretty much, although I'm pretty sure I remember trop saying not all members of the harem will actually live in the same house with you. Most of the LI's will, but there will be a few exceptions. Maddie (chick you meet who works at a clothing store), being a good example of one of those exceptions. I could just be misremembering though, maybe I hallucinated him saying that?
You're right. In addition Megan and Alexia.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95 and SlapE
Oct 10, 2022
I don't know what WVM is but girls here are very charming not monsters with exceptions of one or two, so I don't think it's like Pokemon. ;)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Just getting back to this one after a bit of a hiatus - I didn't really do much VNing in Q3 of 2023, and have slowly been catching up. Based on the change log, I last played release 11.A.1. This is going to be at least a couple of weeks given the limited amount of play time I'll be able to get in over the next several weeks... I have a feeling my save list is going to get even more out of hand with as many LIs and likely branches we have now - and I'm only doing the "Family" route at the moment. As a completionist, and given that there seem to be some significant differences on the non-fam, things are gonna get crazy - I'd be really interested to see Trop's flow chart for this thing. :ROFLMAO:

Why am I announcing all of this? Well, instead of commenting on other people's stuff so much, I'll probably be posting a running commentary of my observations and reactions, so you might want to put me on "ignore" for a while. :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
As a player and enjoyer of both AVN's, there's no further comparison besides the Harem word.

But, even there, there are slight differences of interpretation.

I'll leave the other game aside and focus on this one:
1- There is a Ipatch available.
2- With maybe 2 or 3 exceptions all the girls you see in the game are romanceable.
3- With one exception (explained in game) you can impregnate all the LI's, in the first creampie, by choice.
4- At this point (v.0.15) not all LI's have been introduced, and, some that you do know, have yet to be added to Harem.
5- This game has a very high focus on Player Choice. Up to a point.
6- There is not much interaction with the College.
7- The plot has nothing to do with sports or school life.
8- The game has a built-in Walkthrough.
9- Steady, LARGE updates.
But above all...
10- An exceptional Dev that interacts and befriends all players.

Peace :)

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes