xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
it's hard to find a good chimichurri. :)
yeah about that, ....each Family has it's own chimichurri recipe, which is trasmited from father to son, the basics are the same, but here come a lot of different way's to make it eg. you use olive oil, and prepare that 1 day before plus the extras which go at you own liking, ;) you can play with the relation of the spices, the type of oil also is a factor. My other tip, if you go to a real "Parrillada" invite the roaster a shot of whisky,;) usally, they give you their "private Chimichurri" which is not aviable for normal guests :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Trope95

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
After reading these last comments about the game, I think that this forum should have a separate section specifically for asado, chimichurri, fernet and trolas.
Offtopic - Good Food Discussion (No Pineapple Pizza Allowed) ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
The best eating (other than Martha's cooking ofc) is always at the tiny little one-off (not chain) restaurants. Not that being tiny is why, it just works out that way. Especially Mexican, but even classy French or whatever.
In my opinion the best food is always at those small local restaurants, because people working there are cooking for a living. Thier behaviour and food are the advertisement of the place. Not the famous face on the TV, not the secret recipe (made with uranium, diamonds and gold I presume), not the amount of food and speed of throwing it at the customers.

it's hard to find a good chimichurri. :)

Chimchurii sounds smillar to Chunchunmaru. At least close enough to me to laugh at it for few minutes.

My first "date" with my wife was in a Uruguayan restaurant! We went there a lot then! I guess I got 5-6 Kilos only from eating there!
rok.jpg

After reading these last comments about the game, I think that this forum should have a separate section specifically for asado, chimichurri, fernet and trolas.
No.It would take away the comparison to Martha's and Meemaw's cooking skill.

Offtopic - Good Food Discussion (No Pineapple Pizza Allowed) ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To steal borrow once again:
I don't want to kink shame but

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
We moved together 4 months after that. I couldn't blame the Uruguayan restaurant for my weight gain anymore. 21 kilos in 4 years and a half! She said that, if she fatten me enough, I would be harder to kidnap or to be stolen from her. :ROFLMAO:
I said Martha's sentences are based on my wife's, right? Her cooking skills are too. :D

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
We moved together 4 months after that. I couldn't blame the Uruguayan restaurant for my weight gain anymore. 21 kilos in 4 years and a half! She said that, if she fatten me enough, I would be harder to kidnap or to be stolen from her. :ROFLMAO:
I said Martha's sentences are based on my wife's, right? Her cooking skills are too. :D
My friend's wife was working at local restaurant. Had to resign, because of family. While leaving she took the skills and, what's more important, passion for cooking. Forgot her house was with but a few people and it ain't a restaurant where you need to cook hundred different meals daily. So when my family accepted new year's eve invitation she was very happy to have an opportunity to show of more of her cooking skills without getting overboard... She went overboard.

When we arrived we were welcomed with kitchen full of food. Kitchen, because there wasn't enough room on the dinning table to fit anything more. Freshly baked three loafs of bread, two soups, various meats in different forms of which I like the most breaded chicken breasts, meatballs in a sauce she ain't giving me recipe for :( and huntsman's stew.

The second day we were basically eating everything she made on the first day. But, on the third day, she noticed. She noticed I am not a simple glutton, but a black hole capable of swallowing everything thrown at me. So, for the next week I was "guilty forced" into eating 5-6 freshly made different meals a day, because "It's going to waste if you won't eat it".

I ended up gaining around around 7 kilos within almost two weeks! I think I would gain more, but luckly there was quite a lot of work to be done around the house and smokehouse. And thier pets were also energy consuming.

Damn... now I'm hungry. I'm going to eat something. Cheers. :)

Edit 1.

No. I'm not fat.
Yes, my friend is somewhat fat. How he couldn't be with such a wife?

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Yesterday I finished writing the next update. It will fall a bit short of 30,000 words and 4,000 renders. No, it isn't a typo. Almost 30,000 words.
My goal is to publish it in the first half of next week on Patreon and SS. If it can be earlier, it will be!

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yesterday I finished writing the next update. It will fall a bit short of 30,000 words and 4,000 renders. No, it isn't a typo. Almost 30,000 words.
My goal is to publish it in the first half of next week on Patreon and SS. If it can be earlier, it will be!
Wait, how many are you?

I don't know if you are aware but there is a contest every November, called NaNoWriMo (it stands for National November Writing Month) where the purpose is to write a minimum of 10,000 words. People from all over the world struggle to do it... You wrote 3x that while posing and rendering 4,000 images? Are you a fucking AI ?

What the Fuck dude... what...the...fuck...

Peace :(

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tell us the truth... You are building the matrix and soon we will all be trapped inside... Am I right? Right? Oh well... I'm thinkin' your matrix may be better than what's out there these days... Jus' Sayin':cool:

Should we start calling you... The Architect?

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Wait, how many are you?

I don't know if you are aware but there is a contest every November, called NaNoWriMo (it stands for National November Writing Month) where the purpose is to write a minimum of 10,000 words. People from all over the world struggle to do it... You wrote 3x that while posing and rendering 4,000 images? Are you a fucking AI ?

Only one writer/renderer. And it's the same person. :ROFLMAO:

No, you misunderstood it. I rendered 3,410 images in 5 weeks (35 days), although last week I almost didn't render anything since I focused on writing the last scenes (~11,000 words last week). There's still ~525 to render, that's the work for this week.

About the writing, I learned about NaNoWriMo some months ago, when a player told me about it and that his story there ended up being the seed for an AVN he is doing.
It's easier to continue a story you know where it is going, with characters that you know how they think and talk, than starting something from zero. The dialogues almost write themselves (no AI here) because the scenes and the characters call for some things to be said. Most of the time, I need to stop the MC from saying a long speech. Or Emma to go on a rant, or Martha to become too emotional.
I always have been a fast writer, with an average of ~650 words/day during the whole My Dorm development. The highest average with normal development (0.3 and 0.4.5 don't count) was 0.7A (835 words/day) and the lowest was 0.10A (335 words/day). Right now, 0.16 is at 843 words/day, but that number will decrease; I won't write more but some days will be spent in wrapping the update. It would be the fifth (normal) update with over 700 words/day if I publish it next Monday.

4,000 renders in less than a two months? How?!
Not 4,000 this time. ~3,950.
The last two updates went beyond that:
0.14: 4,199 renders in 42 days (99.98 renders/day)
0.15: 4,487 renders in 45 days (99.71 renders/day)
If I publish 0.16 next Monday, it would be ~3,950 in 42 days (94,05 renders/day). I was eager to get to 100 renders/day being so near for two updates, but it wasn't possible without adding unneeded animations.

How? Sleeping very few hours, sacrificing some social life, and working on My Dorm every free minute I don't spend with my family or at my job. Oh, and having a dedicated rendering machine.

Tell us the truth... You are building the matrix and soon we will all be trapped inside... Am I right? Right? Oh well... I'm thinkin' your matrix may be better than what's out there these days... Jus' Sayin':cool:

Should we start calling you... The Architect?
Technically, it can be considered The Matrix for the characters, right? :ROFLMAO:

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
This is just the result! I play various games. Most of them have bigger or smaller problems. Only in this game everything is regular and at a great level.

• Red Heart

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017

Wasn't it a minimum 50k words in a month, though? writting 10k words is rather small amount of words to achive if you ask me. For example, I could write "Praise Martha, because she is the one and only Goddess you will ever need in your life!" which is 17 words and paste it around 3k times. Your second paragraph is around 50 words. I could write a fanfic, 10 chapters, each one having around 1k words within a week or few days more without a problem.

Also, beside what TP said about writting, having Lady Inspiration on your shoulder is quite helpful. Especially when you can use the narrator to simply pour all the words into him, which you couldn't just put into the mouths of your characters, because having 500 words long speech in the middle of battle ain't the greatest idea.

Wait, how many are you?
Only one writer/renderer. And it's the same person. :ROFLMAO:
With his wife feeding him that much I would say TP is two people. :v

No, you misunderstood it. I rendered 3,410 images in 5 weeks (35 days), although last week I almost didn't render anything since I focused on writing the last scenes (~11,000 words last week). There's still ~525 to render, that's the work for this week.

About the writing, I learned about NaNoWriMo some months ago, when a player told me about it and that his story there ended up being the seed for an AVN he is doing.
It's easier to continue a story you know where it is going, with characters that you know how they think and talk, than starting something from zero. The dialogues almost write themselves (no AI here) because the scenes and the characters call for some things to be said. Most of the time, I need to stop the MC from saying a long speech. Or Emma to go on a rant, or Martha to become too emotional.
I always have been a fast writer, with an average of ~650 words/day during the whole My Dorm development. The highest average with normal development (0.3 and 0.4.5 don't count) was 0.7A (835 words/day) and the lowest was 0.10A (335 words/day). Right now, 0.16 is at 843 words/day, but that number will decrease; I won't write more but some days will be spent in wrapping the update. It would be the fifth (normal) update with over 700 words/day if I publish it next Monday.

Not 4,000 this time. ~3,950.
The last two updates went beyond that:
0.14: 4,199 renders in 42 days (99.98 renders/day)
0.15: 4,487 renders in 45 days (99.71 renders/day)
If I publish 0.16 next Monday, it would be ~3,950 in 42 days (94,05 renders/day). I was eager to get to 100 renders/day being so near for two updates, but it wasn't possible without adding unneeded animations.

How? Sleeping very few hours, sacrificing some social life, and working on My Dorm every free minute I don't spend with my family or at my job. Oh, and having a dedicated rendering machine.

Technically, it can be considered The Matrix for the characters, right? :ROFLMAO:
I can tell you from the experience that sacrificing sleep and family ain't good. You already doing well enough beyond the "Call of game making duty", no need to push yourself more just for the sake of making a game.

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
99/day is a rather impressive workload, renders dont come from nowhere thats a lot of imagination and staging by itself. its just as draining as writing.

on a related note: the casual animations in the last couple updates have been really good and immersive, how much of the 4k goes into those?

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes