Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
This is just the result! I play various games. Most of them have bigger or smaller problems. Only in this game everything is regular and at a great level.
Every game has its issues. My Dorm is far from perfect, but I work every day to make it better. Sometimes I manage to improve and sometimes don't, but there are a lot of great games out there!

Wasn't it a minimum 50k words in a month, though? writting 10k words is rather small amount of words to achive if you ask me. For example, I could write "Praise Martha, because she is the one and only Goddess you will ever need in your life!" which is 17 words and paste it around 3k times. Your second paragraph is around 50 words. I could write a fanfic, 10 chapters, each one having around 1k words within a week or few days more without a problem.

Also, beside what TP said about writting, having Lady Inspiration on your shoulder is quite helpful. Especially when you can use the narrator to simply pour all the words into him, which you couldn't just put into the mouths of your characters, because having 500 words long speech in the middle of battle ain't the greatest idea.

With his wife feeding him that much I would say TP is two people. :v

I can tell you from the experience that sacrificing sleep and family ain't good. You already doing well enough beyond the "Call of game making duty", no need to push yourself more just for the sake of making a game.
Yes, Nanowrimo's goal is 50k words, I just checked, so no winning it with a My Dorm update :D
If I had to write a 50k word update in 30 days, and I had someone who rendered it, I guess it would be "easy". In the first week and a half of development for v.0.16, I wrote 19,065 words, and then stopped writing for almost 3 weeks while I rendered the 3,307 renders needed to get those 4 scenes to life. Last week I wrote ~10,500 words because I stopped rendering. And translated the first 19,000 words.
Being passionate about what you do, having most of the story already thought, and wanting to provide a quality game are powerful driving forces.

My wife stopped fattening me when I arrived at 100 kg (220 pounds). Too much for a 1,70 m (5'7") guy. Since then I lost ~15 kg. Now I'm fat, but once again is easier to walk around me than to jump over me.

COVID lockdown messed with my sleeping cycles and I haven't recovered from it. I sleep 4-5 hours daily + a 40-minute siesta 5 days a week. Making use of those extra wake hours to develop is a good way to not waste them.
I sacrificed family time in the first stages of development. A lot of family time. It didn't go well. I (logically) only managed to get an angry wife. So we negotiated. Now, family time is longer than a year ago and everyone is happier.

99/day is a rather impressive workload, renders dont come from nowhere thats a lot of imagination and staging by itself. its just as draining as writing.

on a related note: the casual animations in the last couple updates have been really good and immersive, how much of the 4k goes into those?
v.0.14 had 2,196 animated frames. The casual animations (Kim and MC dances) added up to 376 animated frames. The other 1,820 were during the Norah+Erika/Norah/Erika's scene at the pool.
v.0.15 had 2,874 animated frames. The only casual animation I remember (the panoramic view of the "castle room") had 559 renders. The other 2,315 where in Daphne and Eileen's lewd scenes.
v.0.16 will have 2,272 animated frames. 1,728 in Martha+Emma scene, 244 in Meemaw's (pseudo-lewd) scene, and 300 in a casual, but needed, scene with Debbie.

So 1,235 out of 8,342 renders: around 15% of the animated frames have been casual animated frames in the last 3 updates. Around 10% of the total renders (1,235 out of 12,621)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I can live with that! :ROFLMAO:

I will put you on the list if you keep that dren up........
I just thought she would look cool with rounded glasses, teeth apparel, nerdy clothes and shy... on the first year, then well, her rise to greatness.

But, yeah, her being faithful to that SOB, kinda kills it... :(

Forgive me, I think I heard my teenage self ringing the bell...

Peace ;)

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes