FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Serious question: If a couple of 19 year olds want to get married and they do and have a ceremony and the party and all that, can alcohol be served there? If it makes it easy, they are orphans.

And what about the Bachelorette and Stag parties? Are they dry? Can they even go to a Strip club or something?

This concept of delayed adulthood makes me very uncomfortable.

Peace :)

Reactions: DA22 and Trope95

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Serious question: If a couple of 19 year olds want to get married and they do and have a ceremony and the party and all that, can alcohol be served there? If it makes it easy, they are orphans.

And what about the Bachelorette and Stag parties? Are they dry? Can they even go to a Strip club or something?

Not to them.

Bachelorette and stag parties realistically won't be dry but legally should be, if everyone is underage, a lot of states don't serve alcohol in full nude strip clubs, only in topless clubs.

Yep it's a weird Americanism.

Last edited:

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Bachelorette and stag parties realistically won't be dry but legally should be, a lot of states don't serve alcohol in full nude strip clubs, only in titles clubs.
Or there'll be both wet & dry clubs with the full Monty. The dry clubs will have expensive AF coffee and soft drinks and a 2-drink minimum.

Reactions: Trope95

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Not to them.

Bachelorette and stag parties realistically won't be dry but legally should be, a lot of states don't serve alcohol in full nude strip clubs, only in titles clubs.

Yep it's a weird Americanism.
Just another one.

If a 16 year old gets emancipated, can they drink? Since they are then automatically an adult? My bet is that no, but I wanted to ask anyway... What a weird concept... especially in a country that is completely dedicated to alcohol culturally. No wonder the kids grab guns and shoot schools, drive-in, cinemas, clubs... I would be pissed if when I was 16 (back then I was allowed to buy and drink alcohol at 16) someone denied serving me a beer.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Or there'll be both wet & dry clubs with the full Monty. The dry clubs will have expensive AF coffee and soft drinks and a 2-drink minimum.
Iirc Arizona had juice-bars for full nude.

Not sure what Illinois does, I've only ever been to one strip club in my life, for a buddy's bachelor party and it was... uncomfortable for me to say the least. They're not really my scene, for a multitude of reasons.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Just another one.

If a 16 year old gets emancipated, can they drink? Since they are then automatically an adult? My bet is that no, but I wanted to ask anyway... What a weird concept... especially in a country that is completely dedicated to alcohol culturally. No wonder the kids grab guns and shoot schools, drive-in, cinemas, clubs... I would be pissed if when I was 16 (back then I was allowed to buy and drink alcohol at 16) someone denied serving me a beer.

No because they're not 21. 18 = adult for all the shitty stuff plus voting, but not for the vices.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

You'd have to look to the individual state laws. There are some exceptions - emancipated minors for example might have some leeway, but, for the most part, the nanny-state over here has decided that you can get shot at for your country, but you can't legally have a beer to unwind. This was different for many states as recently at the 70s and mid 80s, but the Federal government threatened to withhold funds to maintain the interstate highways if the various states didn't get onboard. We paid those taxes, but our servants that think they are our betters decided that they weren't going to let us use them if we didn't dance like monkeys for them.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Just another one.

That's a bit hyperbolic.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
No because they're not 21. 18 = adult for all the shitty stuff plus voting, but not for the vices.
Puritanism on it's worst. The worst plague ever invented by mankind. It has killed more that anything else... :(

That's a bit hyperbolic.
Probably, yes. I was never there, but, to be sure that's the idea your cultural exports sell of your country. Like the first thing every adult does when they get home from work is drink alcohol, before they even take their shoes off...

I am quite sure that it isn't that way in every home, but you would be surprised how many people in the world believe that is the rule.

I mean nothing with my remarks, I am just completely puzzled by this.

Peace :(

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Puritanism on it's worst. The worst plague ever invented by mankind. It has killed more that anything else... :(

Probably, yes. I was never there, but, to be sure that's the idea your cultural exports sell of your country. Like the first thing every adult does when they get home from work is drink alcohol, before they even take their shoes off...

I am quite sure that it isn't that way in every home, but you would be surprised how many people in the world believe that is the rule.

I mean nothing with my remarks, I am just completely puzzled by this.

Peace :(
My parents let my sister drink at home with them in HS so she already knew her limits. I personally didn't drink til I was 21, and maybe have 1 alcoholic beverage a year. Just don't like the taste generally, or the feeling of being tipsy.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Just another one.

Below

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Remember this is Alt-California. I changed some laws because Alt-Arnold was a bit crazier.
The most important "new" laws (shown or hinted in the game) are:
* Facilitate investigation with stem cells. He did it in his second term in RL, but in the first one in My Dorm's world. It's the PoD (besides the name changing of Morro Bay/Los Osos and San Simeon) in this alternative history, and what facilitates the creation of NTR.
* Mandatory teaching of both metric and imperial systems in primary school.
* His last bill was changing the drinking age to 18. He didn't care about federal road funding at that point. No governor after him has dared to change it back to 21 because of fear of losing the votes of 18-20 y.o.

Another reminder: The girls drank alcohol in the second chapter (Erika got wasted and Emma tipsy) at the club.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just another one.

An emancipated 16-year-old still couldn't couldn't have any under-18 passengers in their car ... assuming they were able to get their driver's license, which to be fair most could if they had a way to do the necessary permit training with presumably unreliable adults around them.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes